Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Down

Author Topic: Hasselblad X1D-50c discontinued  (Read 18434 times)

BobShaw

• Aspiration Images
Re: Hasselblad X1D-50c discontinued
« Reply #100 on: March 02, 2019, 02:42:43 am »

There is always something coming.
If you want to buy an X1D then you go to Hasselblad.com and on the home page click Buy Now. Shipped anywhere free.
Website - http://AspirationImages.com
Studio and Commercial Photography

douglevy

• New England Wedding Photographer Doug Levy
« Reply #101 on: March 02, 2019, 10:39:08 am »

Doug yes, the IQ3100. And I should add that I shoot with flash 90% of the time, so that probably helps as well. And also that I often switch the tripod or 120 once I get to 90mm ish.

faberryman

« Reply #102 on: March 02, 2019, 10:44:29 am »

I'm seeing a bunch of X1D-50 cameras for sale on a french forum - some people must be getting word that something else is coming.
Something else is always coming. It's the time frame which is uncertain.

BAB

« Reply #103 on: March 26, 2019, 10:19:34 pm »

If you buy a faster car it doesn't always go faster. A Maserati in heavy traffic goes no faster than a dump truck. You buy the Maserati for the times that the road opens up.

If you spend 100% of your time in traffic then the theoretical speed advantage isn't worth much.

Great point it’s like saying my camera has the fastest AF, REALLY with what lens! Or this car gets 32mpg ya empty with no seats or extra weight down hill!
I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks once, but I fear the man who has practiced one kic

eronald

• My gallery on Instagram
« Reply #104 on: March 27, 2019, 12:27:32 am »

Something else is always coming. It's the time frame which is uncertain.

Fuji is now gearing up to release their 100MP monster paperweight.
Which will doubtless turn out to be a solid workhorse.
Retail is waiting for Hassy to signal its reaction.

Edmund
If you appreciate my blog posts help me by following on https://instagram.com/edmundronald

faberryman

« Reply #105 on: March 27, 2019, 09:08:16 am »

Fuji is now gearing up to release their 100MP monster paperweight.
Which will doubtless turn out to be a solid workhorse.
Retail is waiting for Hassy to signal its reaction.
Why do you characterize the Fuji 100MP as a paperweight?

ShawnBK

« Reply #106 on: March 27, 2019, 09:18:47 am »

Why do you characterize the Fuji 100MP as a paperweight?
Ergonomics often overides everything.

Steve Hendrix

• http://www.captureintegration.com/
« Reply #107 on: March 28, 2019, 11:09:32 am »

Ergonomics often overides everything.

Paperweights.

Steve Hendrix/CI
Steve Hendrix • 404-543-8475 www.captureintegration.com (e-mail Me)
Phase One | Leaf | Leica | Alpa | Cambo | Sinar | Arca Swiss

ShawnBK

« Reply #108 on: March 28, 2019, 01:10:19 pm »

Paperweights.

Steve Hendrix/CI

:).. That Canon 1Dx looks eerily similar to upcoming Fuji 100MP, of course taking a cue from their previous offering of Fuji GFX, probably that backside may make it look more like old timey Med-format where digital backs were attached like Imacon, Phase & Leaf. Just my 2c.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2019, 02:09:12 pm by ShawnBK »

Endeavour

« Reply #109 on: April 25, 2019, 08:56:15 am »

so still showing Discontinued on B&H and weirdly, very few for sale used (I wonder how many were sold)

I am very disappointed, I have been saving up for an X1D as I felt it offered me exactly what I wanted for purely landscape work on a tripod: high IQ, great aesthetics, portable and solid

Now I'm stuck with not knowing if I am going to lose many thousands of $ by "investing" in a used X1d system (and lenses) for it to be dropped by hasselblad

Christoph B.

« Reply #110 on: April 25, 2019, 09:05:32 am »

Well for landscape an high IQ, portable and solid -you could go with the GFX 50R

pschefz

« Reply #111 on: April 25, 2019, 11:40:27 am »

Well for landscape an high IQ, portable and solid -you could go with the GFX 50R
the only reason to go with the X1D over the 50R(orS) would be central shutter, which does not matter for landscape....and general consensus is that the  fuji glass is (if anything)overall better then the hasselblad line and much cheaper
schefz.com
artloch.com

faberryman

« Reply #112 on: April 25, 2019, 12:45:23 pm »

...and general consensus is that the  fuji glass is (if anything)overall better then the hasselblad line and much cheaper
I'll give it cheaper. Haven't seen any objective comparisons as to quality.

hubell

« Reply #113 on: April 25, 2019, 03:36:02 pm »

the only reason to go with the X1D over the 50R(orS) would be central shutter, which does not matter for landscape....and general consensus is that the  fuji glass is (if anything)overall better then the hasselblad line and much cheaper

That's true of the H series lenses. The X series lenses are a significant step up. I do agree that the Fuji lenses are superb and relatively cheap. The X series lenses are also superb optically, and lighter and smaller than the Fuji lenses.  You can have bigger, heavier and cheaper. Or, smaller, lighter and more expensive. I am glad we have that choice. My chiropractor helps me with MY choice. [G]
« Last Edit: April 25, 2019, 05:17:19 pm by hubell »

SrMi

« Reply #114 on: April 30, 2019, 01:33:45 am »

I do not think that there is a consensus that GF glass is better than XCD ones. Source?

Other reason to use X1D is that it is a much more fun camera to use than GFX 50S, especially handheld.

Some photographers do not care about the joy of using a camera, some do, hence the difference of opinions.

Joe Towner

« Reply #115 on: April 30, 2019, 03:32:58 pm »

It's a feel in hand type discussion.  The X1D drove me crazy, love my H series, and such.  For landscapes, I'd almost say go with the Canon TS-E lenses instead of native glass for either system, and the EF-GFX adapters can be had in both AF or MF flavors.  I think there is more to the GFX system going forward.

On the same topic, the Hass newsletter today was all about CPO X1D's - https://www.hasselblad.com/certified-pre-owned/

I would definitely base this type of decision on if you have a dealer relationship.  That dealer relationship is really important with the Hass system, while the GFX is more like the Can/Nik/Son lines.
t: @PNWMF

Endeavour

« Reply #116 on: April 30, 2019, 03:49:33 pm »

It's a feel in hand type discussion.  The X1D drove me crazy, love my H series, and such.  For landscapes, I'd almost say go with the Canon TS-E lenses instead of native glass for either system, and the EF-GFX adapters can be had in both AF or MF flavors.  I think there is more to the GFX system going forward.

On the same topic, the Hass newsletter today was all about CPO X1D's - https://www.hasselblad.com/certified-pre-owned/

I would definitely base this type of decision on if you have a dealer relationship.  That dealer relationship is really important with the Hass system, while the GFX is more like the Can/Nik/Son lines.

Is there going to be a dealer relationship for the X series? Was it just B&H falling out with Hasselblad I wonder?

It is possible that the X camera might can only be bought from hasselblad's website going forward?

faberryman

« Reply #117 on: April 30, 2019, 03:58:09 pm »

Is there going to be a dealer relationship for the X series? Was it just B&H falling out with Hasselblad I wonder?
Why would there be a falling out?
It is possible that the X camera might can only be bought from hasselblad's website going forward?
That sounds like the kiss of death.

tcdeveau

« Reply #118 on: April 30, 2019, 04:01:06 pm »

My local Hasselblad dealer stopped selling Hasselblad after the H6D came out, and it wouldn't surprise me at all if Hasselblad started exclusively selling from their web store moving forward. 

Joe Towner

« Reply #119 on: April 30, 2019, 06:13:20 pm »

Hass has direct rentals off their site - which really is crazy.  My local dealer had one of their own X1D's and one of the Hasselblad X1D's that folks would rent online.  Looks like the USA online direct rentals was shut down, but it's still live in some European countries, Hong Kong and Austrailia.  The idea that Hass would compete with their dealers in the rental market was absolute BS, plus there is the whole first experience with MF that needs to be managed & educational.  Between untraining your bad habits from the 35mm world, to uniquie challenges and trade offs in the MF world, there is an investment on both ends.
t: @PNWMF
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Up