Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Fujifilm GFX camera makers, please read....  (Read 8135 times)

rastas

Re: Fujifilm GFX camera makers, please read....
« Reply #20 on: November 03, 2018, 11:34:16 am »

Bob shaw: you wrote: "You mean that you want to do what the Hasselblad X1D does out of the box?
I just did a series of architecture shots that way using the canon TSE24 and the iPhone running Phocus Mobile to create the HDR by dialing up different shutter times."

I owned the x1d and it WILL NOT do this out of the box, at least when you attach tilt shift lenses to it using an adapter, which I did. Doing so requires the use of the camera's electronic shutter, and flash cant be used.

Back to fuji fixing things....

BobShaw

• Aspiration Images
« Reply #21 on: November 03, 2018, 04:22:50 pm »

The x1d with adapters means electronic shutter only unless I’m mistaken.  Another drawback to a true solution. 

The hts was a good idea except you lose out a bit on the wide end.  I still think nothing beats a native solution.
Well true, there are always limitations.
With an electronic shutter you can't shoot moving things or use flash. If you are using a tilt shift lens then you are probably shooting something that doesn't move much and you can get around flash with multiple exposures.

The limitation of the alternative is that it is size and weight and cost is prohibitive for most situations. An HTS unit for example is twice the cost of a Canon TSE and then you need a lens.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2018, 03:58:12 pm by BobShaw »
Website - http://AspirationImages.com
Studio and Commercial Photography

ben730

• www.benhuggler.com
« Reply #22 on: November 03, 2018, 06:13:38 pm »

+1 for wide tilt shift lenses

.......or a tech cam solution to use the Rodenstock 23, 28 and 32, the Schneider 28 XL, the Nikon 19 + 24, the Canon 17 + 24 and maybe the new "Super Fujinon PC 23" with sensor movements.....
Regards,
Ben

Frederic_H

• www.fredericharster.com
« Reply #23 on: November 04, 2018, 06:44:00 am »

Normal use of the Rodies seems unlikely given the flange distance and mount throat diameter.

vjbelle

« Reply #24 on: November 04, 2018, 07:37:54 am »

None of the Schneider or Rody wides will work on a Tech camera with a GFX.  It's not a tech camera issue but rather a GFX issue as the sensor is located too deep for the wide lenses to physically reach infinity. 

Victor

eronald

• My gallery on Instagram
« Reply #25 on: November 04, 2018, 09:26:21 am »

None of the Schneider or Rody wides will work on a Tech camera with a GFX.  It's not a tech camera issue but rather a GFX issue as the sensor is located too deep for the wide lenses to physically reach infinity. 

Victor

I know this seems unlikely now, but if the Fuji establishes itself the 3d party houses may make a "splayed Fuji" eg. as a V mount.
The demand from product and tech shooters would probably justify it.
One might even see a FrankenFujiBlad magazine :)

Edmund
If you appreciate my blog posts help me by following on https://instagram.com/edmundronald

marc aurel

« Reply #26 on: November 04, 2018, 10:17:57 am »

What we don't is how Fuji would play the shift lenses game (if they do as I hope).
Their G lenses are not optically corrected for distortion, at least not completely. They rely on software profiles for correcting it.

For shift lenses that will be a bit tricky. There are several options:
1. Correct them optically for distortion so well that the rest is not perceivable in most cases (like the Canon TS-E 24mm II).
    That would give them less freedom in lens design. They would have to balance distortion and other image quality factors.
2. Correct distortion in software afterwards.
    Capture One would do a great job on this while Lightroom is not able to correct distortion on shifted lenses.
    But you need information about the amount of shift used (like for the Rodenstock lenses for digital backs).
    That would leave it to the user to make notes (or reconstruct) the amount of movements used.
3. The shift mechanism in the lens could record the amount of movements and pass it via exif. Corrections could be aplied automatically.
    Extremely convenient, but not an easy thing to do that reliably I suspect. But that would be amazing.

What I dream of:
A compact shift adapter for the G mount (a mini view camera, e.g. like the Alpa FPS lens module for Contax 645 but with geared movements). On the lens side a new mount for lenses with the necessary large image circles. They would not need a shift element in every lens (which raises costs, with all the necessary mechanical and electronical stuff to record movements). Make that an open standard so that other manufacturers can provide lenses too (like Edmund proposed).
They have a tradition for such a solution: the GX 680 series did something similar.
Probably a dream, but a nice one...
« Last Edit: November 04, 2018, 11:11:43 am by marc aurel »

Aram Hăvărneanu

« Reply #27 on: November 04, 2018, 11:11:40 am »

Has anybody tried the Hasselblad HTS adapter with Hasselblad H-series lenses, on the Fuji GFX cameras with the Fuji-Hasselblad adapter?

With the widest Hasselblad lens (24mm), that gives you a 24*1.5*24/32=27mm in 35 mm lens equivalent terms (vertical FoV). It's not ultra wide, but it's pretty wide, plus you have full shifts.

« Last Edit: November 04, 2018, 11:20:49 am by Aram Hăvărneanu »

BobShaw

• Aspiration Images
« Reply #28 on: November 04, 2018, 04:03:14 pm »

Has anybody tried the Hasselblad HTS adapter with Hasselblad H-series lenses, on the Fuji GFX cameras with the Fuji-Hasselblad adapter?
With the widest Hasselblad lens (24mm), that gives you a 24*1.5*24/32=27mm in 35 mm lens equivalent terms (vertical FoV). It's not ultra wide, but it's pretty wide, plus you have full shifts.
Of course but his issue is that the camera doesn't work remotely wifi.
If you are going to use a Hasselblad lens and a Hasselblad HTS then you could use a Hasselblad camera and then the software would work (:-)
(Plus you have the advantage of the leaf shutter lens.)
Website - http://AspirationImages.com
Studio and Commercial Photography

Aram Hăvărneanu

« Reply #29 on: November 04, 2018, 04:12:33 pm »

Ah yes, sorry for derailing this thread. I was wondering more for myself.

marc aurel

« Reply #30 on: November 06, 2018, 05:22:18 am »

One more for the wishlist to Fuji GFX makers:
It would be great if 35mm crop mode would allow different aspect ratios too. Not only 3:2.
One of the great advantages of the GFX is its ability to mask the aspect ratios in viewfinder. Why not in 35mm crop mode?
Especially with the upcoming GFX100s there would still be plenty of resolution left if you crop 35mm further to 4:3 or other apect ratios.

TonyVentourisPhotography

• Unlocking Olympus
« Reply #31 on: November 06, 2018, 05:41:05 pm »

Well then why only a center crop?  Why not a digital shift...you get a cropped image...but you can compose on camera and moving that crop up and down or left and right to simulate shift  would be excellent.  Sure you can tether in c1, Mark your crop and then all the rest show that...but doing this in the field on the camera would be even better.

When you have 50+ megapixels, it becomes easier to do this and still have a decent file left over.

And yes I agree...ide love to have a 4:3 aspect 35mm crop option instead of only 3:2 for instance.
Tony
Unlockingolympus.com (ebooks & blog on getting the most from your OMD & Pen)
tonyventourisphotography.com (Commercial Photography)

StoryinPictures

« Reply #32 on: November 09, 2018, 08:58:29 am »

I know this seems unlikely now, but if the Fuji establishes itself the 3d party houses may make a "splayed Fuji" eg. as a V mount.
The demand from product and tech shooters would probably justify it.

Can you explain how this would work?

OwenR

• http://www.owenraggett.com
« Reply #33 on: November 09, 2018, 10:25:23 pm »

Can you explain how this would work?

Design a lens with a Hasselblad V or Pentax 645 mount and then produce a separate geared shift adapter or use with something like the Cambo Actus, so it can be used on different cameras by simply changing the adapter. It would also work on the 645z as a regular manual focus lens.

imagetone

• http://www.tonymayimages.com
« Reply #34 on: December 06, 2018, 05:15:43 pm »

I’ve just had the opportunity to spend a day trying the GFX 50S with, amongst other things, my existing HC lenses and  the HTS.

I have nothing wider than the HC35mm but put that on and the 80mm for a few frames. With the latest firmware it worked flawlessly shooting with the leaf shutter and the aperture and shutter controlled from the camera.  I was tethered in Capture One v12.

I shot a couple of LCC frames with the 35mm with tilts and some shift in case they were of interest to anyone here. I can make the RAWs available. I didn’t see any noticeable colour casts with that or the 80mm.

You do need to reverse the tripod bracket on the adapter so it points backwards under the camera body and doesn’t foul the HTS though.

I also compared the HC120 macro to the Fujinon 120 macro with a without the extension tube that gives 1:1. On food and jewellery rather than the usual trees in the distance. I can post a few images in a new thread if they are of interest.

Tony

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

StoryinPictures

« Reply #35 on: December 23, 2018, 12:16:30 am »

I would be interested to see your results, especially from the macro lens comparison.

rastas

« Reply #36 on: February 04, 2019, 05:31:48 pm »

This thread has been really interesting so I wanted to keep it going.

-fuji please make a tilt shift lens

-heard today from someone who knows someone that Fuji is aware of my request for a better wifi tethering option. And for a more accurate electronic level feature.

-there's a company I learned about and have been talking about that is currently making, among other things, a 23mm APO swiss lens, along with a tilt shift adapter, a 110mm apo lens (or 120mm) and a Actus looking "camera" called the Akrobat. I have hopes that this 23mm apo will be sharper than even the 24mm TSE Canon and may be a partial solution for a wide shift on the GFX 100.

I think things will get better in 2019 for photographers wanting to shoot architecture with the gfx 100.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2019, 08:30:15 pm by rastas »

gebseng

« Reply #37 on: February 08, 2019, 11:06:15 am »

The "standard" architecture focal length should be around 32mm for the GFXs 33x44 sensor IMO. So, a good 32mm shift lens for the GFX would indeed be a game changer for me, too

gebseng

« Reply #38 on: February 08, 2019, 11:29:55 am »

I'm sure this has been answered before, but I could not find anything on the subject after a quick search: is the 100MP sensor of the upcoming GFX100 the same BSI/low color cast design as in the 150MP IQ4?

Christopher

• http://www.hauser-photoart.com
« Reply #39 on: February 08, 2019, 02:40:12 pm »

Yes it is. Or at least thanks what the Sony papers on the sensor appear to be. The 150NP and 100Mp are exactly the same design.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Christopher Hauser
[email=chris@hauser-p
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up