Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Fujifilm GFX camera makers, please read....  (Read 8173 times)

gebseng

Re: Fujifilm GFX camera makers, please read....
« Reply #40 on: February 08, 2019, 02:42:14 pm »

Wow, great news! I hope there will  also be a "low Price" digital back with the same sensor.

Christopher

• http://www.hauser-photoart.com
« Reply #41 on: February 08, 2019, 04:27:44 pm »

Certainly not from phase one m, who left the 44x33 sensor market.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Christopher Hauser
[email=chris@hauser-p

gebseng

« Reply #42 on: February 10, 2019, 09:51:46 am »

Too bad. I guess the only option would be to take a GFX100 or future 100mp Hasselblad X body and somehow "lift" the sensor a couple of centimeters up, so that it can be used with Schneider or Rodenstock wide angles in a Cambo Actus setup.

eronald

• My gallery on Instagram
« Reply #43 on: February 10, 2019, 01:33:59 pm »

Certainly not from phase one m, who left the 44x33 sensor market.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

According to Doug they make an aerial camera with this sensor.

Phase has become a really wierd company. It's clear that the $20K or so they would charge for a crop-back system is not enough anymore to sustain their operation, so they've gone up market. Frankly, I think Fuji are at the moment the safest investment in MF, like them or not, with Hassy becoming an exotic brand like Leica, and Phase reserved for extremely succesful individuals and institutions.

Edmund
If you appreciate my blog posts help me by following on https://instagram.com/edmundronald

Doug Peterson

• http://www.doug-peterson.com
« Reply #44 on: February 10, 2019, 01:41:41 pm »

According to Doug they make an aerial camera with this sensor.

Phase has become a really wierd company. It's clear that the $20K or so they would charge for a crop-back system is not enough anymore to sustain their operation, so they've gone up market.

Phase One sells a large variety of systems for well under $20k. In fact, we have refurbished digital backs with body and lens kits with full warranty and dealer support for under $10k, which can be used indefinitely or, later on, traded in by the user at a favorable rate toward a flagship model.

Something about the phrase "sustain their operation" seems to imply financial distress (I acknowledge I could be reading in something that is not intended), so it's worth pointing out that Phase One's financials are public record and they have been profitable every single year since 2008 (when nobody was profitable) and has grown significantly over that time – it's hard to find any other camera company with that record.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2019, 01:46:23 pm by Doug Peterson »

gebseng

« Reply #45 on: February 10, 2019, 01:56:02 pm »

Still, for me it's not so great that five years ago I owned a Leaf Aptus 75 that worked perfectly with my Schneider/Rodenstock lenses with 20mm shift. And now, with my LEaf Credo 40, shifts above 15mm are highly problematic and need a lot of retouching. It would be great to have a reasonably (sub 10K) priced system that had both in-back live view and good wide angle capabilities.

ben730

• www.benhuggler.com
« Reply #46 on: February 10, 2019, 02:25:17 pm »

Too bad. I guess the only option would be to take a GFX100 or future 100mp Hasselblad X body and somehow "lift" the sensor a couple of centimeters up, so that it can be used with Schneider or Rodenstock wide angles in a Cambo Actus setup.

+1
I'm also hoping for a 100 MP, 33 mm x 44 mm, BSI back.
As an industrial and architectural photographer I prefer the 33 x 44 sensors.

Regards,
Ben

tcdeveau

« Reply #47 on: February 10, 2019, 09:57:13 pm »

Given the benefits of BSI for tech cam use, it’s a shame P1 doesn’t also offer a 33x44mm 100mp BSI back (excluding the industrial aerial system). There’s a market for people that want BSI for things like tech cams but don’t have the need or budget for the IQ4 150mp (myself included). They’d probably sell a few, even at $20k/back.

rastas

« Reply #48 on: February 11, 2019, 12:55:56 am »

".....I guess the only option would be to take a GFX100 or future 100mp Hasselblad X body and somehow "lift" the sensor a couple of centimeters up, so that it can be used with Schneider or Rodenstock wide angles in a Cambo Actus setup......"

Can you explain more what you mean here please?

gebseng

« Reply #49 on: February 11, 2019, 02:30:50 am »

".....I guess the only option would be to take a GFX100 or future 100mp Hasselblad X body and somehow "lift" the sensor a couple of centimeters up, so that it can be used with Schneider or Rodenstock wide angles in a Cambo Actus setup......"

Can you explain more what you mean here please?

The Cambo Actus GFX does not allow for the use of „real“ wide angles, since you can‘t focus to infinity. Lifting the sensor would probably fix that, if you could find a camera mechanic to do that. Of course it would render the GFX unusable as a normal camera.

eronald

• My gallery on Instagram
« Reply #50 on: February 11, 2019, 04:33:27 am »

The Cambo Actus GFX does not allow for the use of „real“ wide angles, since you can‘t focus to infinity. Lifting the sensor would probably fix that, if you could find a camera mechanic to do that. Of course it would render the GFX unusable as a normal camera.

If someone here is really interested in some solution like this, they should get in touch with Fuji who seem very interested in modularizing the GFX system in various ways, and who might still mod the current prototypes in a way to facilitate third-part rework that allows users to bypass the lens mount.

I assume that it will be  comparatively easy to extract the sensor of the GFX-100 as it will be cleanly mounted in an IBIS cage. My belief is that a competent workshop could "simply" plug in extension cords to all the interface connections. Liveview and electronic shutter could  still be used.

Being able to quickly mechancically extract the sensor or even the whole cage, and connectors that can be easily unplugged by end users would be helpful. Ideally there should be mountpoints  to enable the sensor board to be attached to an external backboard.

Edmund
« Last Edit: February 11, 2019, 04:39:04 am by eronald »
If you appreciate my blog posts help me by following on https://instagram.com/edmundronald

gebseng

« Reply #51 on: February 11, 2019, 05:22:02 am »

If someone here is really interested in some solution like this, they should get in touch with Fuji who seem very interested in modularizing the GFX system in various ways, and who might still mod the current prototypes in a way to facilitate third-part rework that allows users to bypass the lens mount.

I assume that it will be  comparatively easy to extract the sensor of the GFX-100 as it will be cleanly mounted in an IBIS cage. My belief is that a competent workshop could "simply" plug in extension cords to all the interface connections. Liveview and electronic shutter could  still be used.

Being able to quickly mechancically extract the sensor or even the whole cage, and connectors that can be easily unplugged by end users would be helpful. Ideally there should be mountpoints  to enable the sensor board to be attached to an external backboard.

Edmund

How much will the GFX 100 be, below 10.000,- hopefully? Maybe a company like lifepixel.com, who already does aftermarket modifications of SLR  sensor glass, would be interested.

TonyVentourisPhotography

• Unlocking Olympus
« Reply #52 on: February 12, 2019, 05:07:37 pm »

Maybe it’s just me...but the terms aftermarket modification and 10k+ cameras don’t come together well for me. 
Tony
Unlockingolympus.com (ebooks & blog on getting the most from your OMD & Pen)
tonyventourisphotography.com (Commercial Photography)

BobShaw

• Aspiration Images
« Reply #53 on: February 12, 2019, 10:42:44 pm »

Maybe it’s just me...but the terms aftermarket modification and 10k+ cameras don’t come together well for me.
No, it's not. There seems to be a whole mass of people who pay the price of a small car for a camera that doesn't have the basic features that they need.
Then they do it again.
Website - http://AspirationImages.com
Studio and Commercial Photography

rastas

« Reply #54 on: February 12, 2019, 11:13:23 pm »

"lifting the sensor"... this kind of hack interests me... I made the worlds first mirrorless camera in my garage about 10 years ago by shaving the mirrorbox on a 5dmk2 to shorten flange distance.... hmmm. i'll have to look into this.

OwenR

• http://www.owenraggett.com
« Reply #55 on: May 26, 2019, 08:30:35 am »

So back to this one again. Now that the 100 is out I'd love to order one but the GFX system is still being held back too much for me to justify it, very specifically by firmware design that means we can't adjust shutter speed whilst tethered. Not a huge issue for most but critical for architecture and interiors, for which the 100 would be perfect.

The other problem is that, with native shift lenses not yet released, we'd need to continue to use Canon's versions for the time being. With 100mp there's plenty of room to crop the 24mm back to it's intended focal length but the '35mm' function is limited to 3:2 ratio. Were this 4:3 (and ideally any ratio selectable in normal mode) then we could jump right in and use it, but it's still hobbled.

A simple fix for Fuji perhaps before the final release? Many, many architectural photographs are seeing this as a reason not to switch and make the jump. That, and the, erm....app. What ever happened to a usable app....?

So close.

DP

« Reply #56 on: May 26, 2019, 08:37:47 am »

I made the worlds first mirrorless camera in my garage about 10 years ago
apparently you have no clue that by the time that you allegedly did his Panasonic G1 was already on sale everywhere for about 1 year (not to mention that engineering samples were made way before that
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up