Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Zeiss new camera  (Read 5726 times)

Telecaster

Re: Zeiss new camera
« Reply #40 on: October 12, 2018, 04:30:45 pm »

If 512G of internal storage isn't enough you can always tote along an external drive too. I have a WD 2T solid-state WiFi gizmo that I copy all my SD cards to. It's fairly small & light and seems rugged enough. Not sure if I can backup to it directly from a camera via WiFi (hardly any cameras will even upload Raw files via WiFi anyway) but it also supports USB transfer.

-Dave-

Kirk_C

« Reply #41 on: October 12, 2018, 08:24:24 pm »

My argument would then step to the next level: so much riding on one memory? ;-)

You mean like all the smart phones that serve as the only camera of millions of people daily.

Rob C

« Reply #42 on: October 13, 2018, 03:27:48 am »

You mean like all the smart phones that serve as the only camera of millions of people daily.

Don't know about them; I only know that I used mine for a while as a poor P&S machine, only bitterly to regret it when asked to make a large blow up for display in the salon of a guy's yacht. I had to decline. He'd found the shot in a cellphone images gallery I'd put into my website, but now withdrawn.

The lesson was, if it's worth doing, do it to the best of your ability.

But back to the cellphones: if they are good enough to store your life memories within, then get a better life.

;-)
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up