Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Capture One to Support Fuji GFX  (Read 7634 times)

E.J. Peiker

• http://www.ejphoto.com
Capture One to Support Fuji GFX
« on: September 25, 2018, 08:33:17 am »

Just announced jointly by Fujifilm and Phase One.  Free version (similar to Sony) available to all GFX users, full version to support the GFX cameras as well.

Christopher

• http://www.hauser-photoart.com
Re: Capture One to Support Fuji GFX
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2018, 08:34:17 am »

Perfect, as I have said over and over again it will come. Iā€™m so glad it finally did. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Christopher Hauser
[email=chris@hauser-p

Kevin Raber

• Kevin Raber
    • Kevin Raber
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2018, 09:13:51 am »

Long time coming. Good move on Phase One.  Fuji seems to have a good strategey on their MF and APS-c line. Looking forward to trying out the 100s and rangefinder MF.
Kevin Raber
kwr@rabereyes.com
kevin@photopxl.com
rockhopperworkshops.com
photopxl.com

narikin

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2018, 09:16:51 am »

They couldn't stop it.
Phase use the same sensor, and people were hacking the files to make them work, so it is simply facing up to reality.

Now, the big question is whether they will give it the same 2nd tier treatment they give Sony... They clearly save their best profiling for their own backs.
You can never get Capture One's amazing color output on non Phase cameras. Odd, isn't it?  ;)

Doug Peterson

• http://www.doug-peterson.com
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2018, 09:18:10 am »

That's right: C1 now supports Fuji GFX.

I'm wondering what Fuji had to promise in order to get P1 to change a 15 year policy. P1 definitely would not have done this solely for the additional C1 license money.

Regardless of the business / behind-the-scenes thing, this is clearly great news for Fuji GFX owners; welcome to the club!

If you're a Fuji owner looking to learn C1 I'd suggest the P1 YouTube channel which has both videos and webinar recordings. If you're looking to go deeper than that I'd shamelessly suggest our C1 Masters classes. We should have class date/times posted for LA, NYC, Texas by the end of the week, email me at dep@digitaltransitions.com if you want us to come to your (US) city.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2018, 09:27:37 am by Doug Peterson »

Doug Peterson

« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2018, 09:21:49 am »

Now, the big question is whether they will give it the same 2nd tier treatment they give Sony... They clearly save their best profiling for their own backs.
You can never get Capture One's amazing color output on non Phase cameras. Odd, isn't it?  ;)

This seems like a very strange post to me. If you google "Capture One Color" or similar you'll find the overwhelming opinion on Capture One color is that it's best-in-class, and those posts will be 90% from Canon/Nikon/Sony/Leica etc users. It's one of the number one reasons we see users switch from LR/ACR.

Now, whether P1 spends the most time profiling their own cameras is not an open question: they do. Of course they do! But it's not just profiling; the cameras, the software, and the profile are all developed in concert with each other. They are already spending time "profiling" the camera in its earliest prototype stages, so they can see what they have to change in the hardware to make that profiling most effective.

But P1's profiles for Canon, Nikon, Sony, etc are all widely acknowledged as superior to LR. It's a matter of taste of course, so you can disagree, but the general consensus is quite clear.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2018, 09:25:22 am by Doug Peterson »

E.J. Peiker

• http://www.ejphoto.com
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2018, 09:43:28 am »

Update to 11.3 with GFX support and full lens support for all available GFX lenses is already available on the P1 site.

Paul2660

• Photos of Arkansas
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2018, 09:44:13 am »

Very excellent news.

Paul C
Paul Caldwell
Little Rock, Arkansas U.S.
www.photosofarkansas.com

BernardLanguillier

• http://www.flickr.com/photos/bernardlanguillier/sets/
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2018, 09:47:39 am »

Great move.

I wonder if that extends to the X1D also?

Cheers,
Bernard

Bo_Dez

« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2018, 09:50:01 am »

Fuji won.

Hasselblad just got punched in the gut. Not a good time for Hasselblad, first they loose H with Phase One and now they loose to Fuji too.

Humiliating and crushing defeat.

Gerd_Peters

« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2018, 09:54:30 am »

I just tried it. Version 11.3 opens my GFX RAWs flawlessly. G mount lens profiles are also included. However, I see until now only generic camera profiles for the GFX 50 S / R. So Acros, Veliva, Provia, etc. are not available.

Even tethering seems to be going. I get a live picture more but I have not more tried yet.

The week starts well ...

Greeting Gerd

armand

• Photos
« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2018, 09:55:40 am »

For whatever it's worth the express supports practically all the Fuji camera.

Bo_Dez

« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2018, 10:05:51 am »

This is awesome news. Fuji just smashed it out of the park - The "add to cart" clicking going on right now is deafening.

BernardLanguillier

• http://www.flickr.com/photos/bernardlanguillier/sets/
« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2018, 10:18:45 am »

Fuji won.

Hasselblad just got punched in the gut. Not a good time for Hasselblad, first they loose H with Phase One and now they loose to Fuji too.

Humiliating and crushing defeat.

For what it's worth, P1 is just as screwed as Hasselblad I would think... https://fujiaddict.com/2018/09/25/fujifilm-unveils-gfx-100-megapixels-concept/

The level of usability of a small MF 100mp camera with full sensor CPAF and sensor stabilization is so incredibly better than what an XF does that there is very little motivation to go to 150mp.

Cheers,
Bernard

Paul2660

• Photos of Arkansas
« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2018, 10:56:21 am »

May not be over yet,  sure opens the door to a lot more options for P1, (Fuji Body made for P1 mirrorless with unique P1 features) for one.  Not out of the realm of possibility at all.   Easily make an adapter to accept the current Schnieder lenses by P1. 

P1 may even be looking at 54 x 44 mirrorless, again would take a bit of work on a flange mount, but they may have a solid contributor now.  Or it may just be Fuji support for all cameras.

For Fuji, it's a huge huge gain,  C1 has the best tethering solution that I have tried, LR can't touch the workflow.  If this has passed to Fuji like Nikon and Canon its a huge gain for Fuji, not to mention a dedicated raw software where the developers make more than one pass on a raw conversion.  LR still is very weak on x-trans and C1 has a very good solution there.  Fuji can move forward from Silkypix as the in the box software. 

Anyone's guess.

Paul C
Paul Caldwell
Little Rock, Arkansas U.S.
www.photosofarkansas.com

Bo_Dez

« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2018, 12:04:57 pm »

May not be over yet,  sure opens the door to a lot more options for P1, (Fuji Body made for P1 mirrorless with unique P1 features) for one.  Not out of the realm of possibility at all.   Easily make an adapter to accept the current Schnieder lenses by P1. 

P1 may even be looking at 54 x 44 mirrorless, again would take a bit of work on a flange mount, but they may have a solid contributor now.  Or it may just be Fuji support for all cameras.

For Fuji, it's a huge huge gain,  C1 has the best tethering solution that I have tried, LR can't touch the workflow.  If this has passed to Fuji like Nikon and Canon its a huge gain for Fuji, not to mention a dedicated raw software where the developers make more than one pass on a raw conversion.  LR still is very weak on x-trans and C1 has a very good solution there.  Fuji can move forward from Silkypix as the in the box software. 

Anyone's guess.

Paul C

Well said and I agree.

If When Phase One brings out a mirrorless is it will likely be 54x40 or hey maybe a Mamiya 7D will emerge some day with a larger sensor.

I did consider the Fuji and the Hasselblad X1D but no C1 was ultimately what stopped me but since Hasselblad has been dropped by Phase One I was about to push on with the Hasselblad and Phocus.

It seems Phase One really are listening to what is happening. I never thought I'd see the day that Phase One conceded and this is a momentous time.

Everything just changed and this 100MP Fuji looks like the be all and end all for my needs. Totally adaptable to my needs and wants but most importantly - C1 support and it's like *pinch* "when am I waking up?"

Bo_Dez

« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2018, 12:08:28 pm »

Jeez, what a rough time for the mighty H'Blad - Phase One have just killed them on H support and then handed their competition whatever remained of their ass on a platter.

All at a time when they looked to be getting the nose ahead as well. But I would have still been interested in the X1D if there was a 100MP on offer. But this fuji/c1 deal is like a nail in the coffin. So the saying goes "you snooze you loose" Hazzzzzzelblad.

Fascinating times for the industry. The industry has never seen so much happen in so little time.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2018, 12:14:13 pm by Bo_Dez »

Bo_Dez

« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2018, 12:18:20 pm »

Fuji and Panasonic just became industry players and even leaders.

Never, in a million years, would I have ever thought I'd say that.

airfang

« Reply #18 on: September 25, 2018, 01:41:24 pm »

Definitely great news! Will finally get to try Capture One!

One dumb question, I see there are Capture Pro versions dedicated to Sony and Fujifilm (and "all other cameras"), what does this mean? If I get the Capture Pro Fujifilm version, it won't work with Sony files?

Doug Peterson

« Reply #19 on: September 25, 2018, 01:45:16 pm »

Definitely great news! Will finally get to try Capture One!

One dumb question, I see there are Capture Pro versions dedicated to Sony and Fujifilm (and "all other cameras"), what does this mean? If I get the Capture Pro Fujifilm version, it won't work with Sony files?

Correct.

If you want to use with multiple brands then you want Capture One Pro, not any of the brand-specific flavors.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up