Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: Capture One to Support Fuji GFX  (Read 7630 times)

John Hollenberg

Re: Capture One to Support Fuji GFX
« Reply #60 on: October 06, 2018, 11:57:26 am »

To me, there are two types of people: Those who are going to buy into Phase or other 5 figure systems and those who are not  :).

There are two types of photographers in the world - photographers who say that there are two types of photographers in the world, and photographers who don't.  ;) :D ;D

Ray Harrison

« Reply #61 on: October 06, 2018, 12:54:10 pm »

Typical logical fallacy of black and white thinking.

Most of us have "black/white thinking" blind spots, and maybe this is for me  :). Phase is a lovely system but is (to me) only for very specific use cases and if you know you need it, you go rent/lease/buy it and consequently, you or your business has the dosh to make it happen. GFX is more in range of those of us who are enthusiastic amateurs (me) and that will be a decent slice of Fuji's user base. Not that a good GFX system with lenses is cheap, but I stand by not seeing GFX as a gateway drug and I wouldn't think Phase would build their business model that way (add the GFX support to C1 so people will want to get into P1) - it's a different league from a commitment standpoint. If someone needed Phase, seems to me they'd know it and they'd get it to start with, or am I missing something? And I'm not saying they won't get any sales of camera systems, they undoubtedly will, but I think the gateway drug will be C1 Fuji to Pro.

To me, the decision was probably a software sales and marketing one ("we don't compete with GFX and we're in a different class") and obviously some sort of relationship with Fuji. Interesting they aren't supporting the other "crop" MF systems, but maybe that's coming. I'm sure it gets muddled a bit with Hasselblad but still...

Ray Harrison

« Reply #62 on: October 06, 2018, 12:58:33 pm »

There are two types of photographers in the world - photographers who say that there are two types of photographers in the world, and photographers who don't.  ;) :D ;D

Ha, yes. And point taken - I'll make fewer of the "two types..." statements  :).

faberryman

« Reply #63 on: October 06, 2018, 01:07:30 pm »

...I stand by not seeing GFX as a gateway drug and I wouldn't think Phase would build their business model that way (add the GFX support to C1 so people will want to get into P1)...
I agree that their motivation had nothing to do with generating sales of P1 cameras and backs from current Fuji users. It was all about earning licensing fees from Fuji and software sales of C1 Pro to Fuji users. C1 Express for Fuji lacks several important modules and for me to change from LR would involve buying C1 Pro.

ErikKaffehr

• Echophoto
« Reply #64 on: October 07, 2018, 02:19:04 pm »

You mean 10 types of photographers?

Best regards
Erik

Erik Kaffehr

Rand47

« Reply #65 on: October 09, 2018, 12:05:58 pm »

. . . Yes great news for fuji, as they didn't really have a pro level software solution.   . . .

I’m curious why you say this?  Lighroom and Photoshop?  What is it about C1 that is “pro level” compared to Adobe?  Honest question.  I have a GFX 50s and am a long time LR / PS user, but am considering investing some time exploring C1.

Rand
Rand Scott Adams

eronald

• My gallery on Instagram
« Reply #66 on: October 09, 2018, 03:06:27 pm »

I’m curious why you say this?  Lighroom and Photoshop?  What is it about C1 that is “pro level” compared to Adobe?  Honest question.  I have a GFX 50s and am a long time LR / PS user, but am considering investing some time exploring C1.

Rand

C1 is free  :P

Edmund
If you appreciate my blog posts help me by following on https://instagram.com/edmundronald

faberryman

« Reply #67 on: October 09, 2018, 03:31:30 pm »

C1 is free  :P
C1 Express is free for Fuji files, but, as you might expect, a number of the modules are crippled compared to C1 Pro. C1 Express really can't be considered a replacement for LR. You have to pay the piper either way.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2018, 04:22:44 pm by faberryman »

Wayne Fox

• waynefox.com
« Reply #68 on: October 09, 2018, 04:05:47 pm »

Nailed it.  ;D

BobShaw

• Aspiration Images
« Reply #69 on: October 09, 2018, 10:34:52 pm »

What is it about C1 that is “pro level” compared to Adobe?  Honest question.  I have a GFX 50s and am a long time LR / PS user, but am considering investing some time exploring C1.
Rand
Do you shoot tethered?
I tether to Phocus for Hasselblad as I find a camera manufacturers software gives better results.
Apparently the Fuji supplied software is not great.

Some people who tether to Lightroom have said that they were not impressed but you may find it OK.
Website - http://AspirationImages.com
Studio and Commercial Photography
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up