Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 184   Go Down

Author Topic: Without Prejudice 3  (Read 386313 times)

Eric Myrvaagnes

• http://myrvaagnes.com
Re: Without Prejudice 3
« Reply #780 on: December 15, 2017, 04:55:06 pm »

From this morning's iPad exercise.

Very poor ergonomics: half the time, as I went from verical to horizontal (with gloves off, I might add), the video would switch itself on and confuse both the issue and myself. Changing from snap to vid should be accident-proof. God knows how folks with huge hands would manage; they'd probably find themselves changing the focus point at the same time, too. The Shoot! button should be on the side, out of the way.

Rob
Ah, it is good to see the old girl back and braving the storm.

Eric
-Eric Myrvaagnes (visit my website: http://myrvaagnes.com)

Rob C

« Reply #781 on: December 15, 2017, 05:08:06 pm »

Ah, it is good to see the old girl back and braving the storm.

Eric

Eric, we were both so cold I thought she was going to crack. But, she got through it bravely, and I had to promise to take her out more often. The things we have to do!

Rob

P.S. The white horse now takes her carrots straight from my palm! I feel a sense of real accomplishment and, oddly, sentimentality! Who'd a thunk? I love a horse? And all so quickly?

JNB_Rare

• JNB54
« Reply #782 on: December 15, 2017, 10:56:59 pm »

Think of it as coca-cola red, if it wasn't for Sony's interpretation of that color. To stay in theme and flow of coke and bikes. Coke and bikes, because Barbie must have gone high on something.

Coke and bikes: Two very nice pics... and such a lovely bicycle. Not like this monstrosity. But I liked the light.

JNB_Rare

• JNB54
« Reply #783 on: December 15, 2017, 11:09:02 pm »

Keeping with the bike theme: a vandal tries his hand at 'art'.

Eric Myrvaagnes

« Reply #784 on: December 15, 2017, 11:59:51 pm »

Not bad art. I sometimes considered doing something like that to my bike, but I gave it up completely about when I hit 70 (years, not MPH.)

Rob C

« Reply #785 on: December 16, 2017, 05:00:31 am »

Coke and bikes: Two very nice pics... and such a lovely bicycle. Not like this monstrosity. But I liked the light.

Lovely light in that shot - happens now and again. Trick is catching it, as you have here, at the same time as having a subject. Methinks it would have suited Charis Weston perfectly - though perhaps best off the bike...

Are those official bike-parking devices? Never seen them like that before.

Light not very pretty this a.m. - well,  was in bed so can't really tell, but had hail two hours ago and some still lies in the shade. My first thought was the car - had ever single one of them here damaged by hailstones. No point in gping out to see - what may have been has or has not been.

Rob

Rob C

« Reply #786 on: December 16, 2017, 05:05:57 am »

Not bad art. I sometimes considered doing something like that to my bike, but I gave it up completely about when I hit 70 (years, not MPH.)

What was wrong with 70? Were it not for inconvenience of parking one, I might buy into it again. Numbers were better the lower they were. No, I wouldn't buy a bike today. Walking is more strenuous - no temptation to coast - so much better for me. Anyway, on a bike, I'd never have met my new best friend, the horse.

;-)

Rob

Eric Myrvaagnes

« Reply #787 on: December 16, 2017, 09:03:46 am »

Viva la Coke!

JNB_Rare

• JNB54
« Reply #788 on: December 16, 2017, 09:26:48 am »

Are those official bike-parking devices? Never seen them like that before.

Yes – I'm not sure of their origin, but I've seen them in several Canadian cities. Of course some think they could be prettier.

32BT

• Pictures
« Reply #789 on: December 16, 2017, 11:06:45 am »

Considering the shapes and patterns of the shading, and the shadow cast by the bicyclestands, this one might have worked just as well without the bike. Nicely processed.
Regards,
~ O ~
If you can stomach it: pictures

32BT

• Pictures
« Reply #790 on: December 16, 2017, 11:08:10 am »

I sure hope this "artproject" is in no way related to the previous picture...
Regards,
~ O ~

32BT

• Pictures
« Reply #791 on: December 16, 2017, 11:23:49 am »

Rob

How come these modern cars kill the mood? Or is it just me?

Seems a bit like the other day, i was driving with someone when Eurythmics' "it's all right" came on the radio and she mentioned that the music of that era was so different than todays. She couldn't explain it, she said, but she could feel it in her body.

I later realized that yes, todays music is more about "aggression" than it is about "happiness" with all of the rap/mob culture etc. So it would follow naturally that it just induces aggression in the body as well, if you suffer that particular kinesthetic synesthesia.

It's also with modern car design, totally aimed at a more aggressive disposition. Just look at the frontface of currentday bmw and audi. They used to call those ringlights "angel eyes" but they primarily look like very, very, angry hawkeyes today with the added led-strings.

Regards,
~ O ~

Rob C

« Reply #792 on: December 16, 2017, 11:25:21 am »

Viva la Coke!

Indeed, and I'm surprised she looks so calm.

I'd just sat down, and was adjusting the various bits of paraphernalia that accompany me through my life, and the chap wandered over with my coffee - always have the same sort, made as soon as they see me wandering in - and he picked her up as if she was just any old emptied bottle he'd forotten to clear away! My protestations were kinda loud as I informed him she was a model! Naturally, I was under oblique client observation the entire time I sat there... Oh well, that's the life of the artist - always a suspect for not quite sure what.

;-)

Rob

Rob C

« Reply #793 on: December 16, 2017, 11:42:38 am »

How come these modern cars kill the mood? Or is it just me?

Seems a bit like the other day, i was driving with someone when Eurythmics' "it's all right" came on the radio and she mentioned that the music of that era was so different than todays. She couldn't explain it, she said, but she could feel it in her body.

I later realized that yes, todays music is more about "aggression" than it is about "happiness" with all of the rap/mob culture etc. So it would follow naturally that it just induces aggression in the body as well, if you suffer that particular kinesthetic synesthesia.

It's also with modern car design, totally aimed at a more aggressive disposition. Just look at the frontface of currentday bmw and audi. They used to call those ringlights "angel eyes" but they primarily look like very, very, angry hawkeyes today with the added led-strings.

Yeah, they have a negative effect on many parts of life.

I don't really see modern cars as aggressive: ever since the advent of the European Ford Sierra that was around at the start of the 80s, I have felt that they have become blancmange, shaped like upturned baths (especially in white) or jelly moulds. The most ridiculous one is the Porsche utility - quick brick if ever there was one.

There was one General genius: Harley Earl.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harley_Earl

The Italians were - and probably still are - different: flawed geniuses. Beauty wedded to disastrous dependibility. Italian electronics? I can't remember the number of wet mornings my two Fiats and Alfa left me fuming, and having another cup of tea instead of going anywhere.

But yeah, it's difficult doing 40s/50s New York in Puerto Pollensa in 2017. Even if the folks could transpose quite well.

;-)

Rob

32BT

• Pictures
« Reply #794 on: December 16, 2017, 11:51:17 am »

Indeed, and I'm surprised she looks so calm.

I'd just sat down, and was adjusting the various bits of paraphernalia that accompany me through my life, and the chap wandered over with my coffee - always have the same sort, made as soon as they see me wandering in - and he picked her up as if she was just any old emptied bottle he'd forotten to clear away! My protestations were kinda loud as I informed him she was a model! Naturally, I was under oblique client observation the entire time I sat there... Oh well, that's the life of the artist - always a suspect for not quite sure what.

;-)

Rob

Senility?

I soooooo imagine them whispering to eachother: just let him be, he's a retired old artsyfartsy type and his only companion is a white horse...
;-p
Regards,
~ O ~

Rob C

« Reply #795 on: December 16, 2017, 01:01:59 pm »

Senility?

I soooooo imagine them whispering to eachother: just let him be, he's a retired old artsyfartsy type and his only companion is a white horse...

I wonder if they'd know that the whisky brand ran ads and posters telling us all that you could take a white horse anywhere? Probably before their time...

This one is not the other one, as was said about a pipe.

Rob
« Last Edit: January 12, 2019, 05:46:55 am by Rob C »

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
« Reply #796 on: December 16, 2017, 02:28:04 pm »

Sunset cruise basketball:

BobDavid

« Reply #797 on: December 16, 2017, 03:01:43 pm »

Telecaster

« Reply #798 on: December 16, 2017, 03:16:26 pm »

Most of the popular pickup trucks in the US have aggressive, snarly looking front grills. Get out of my way! (Subtext: Please stay away…I'm afraid.)

-Dave-

farbschlurf

• fototypo
« Reply #799 on: December 16, 2017, 03:30:44 pm »

Sunset cruise basketball:
Thats almost incredible. Wow.
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 184   Go Up