Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 32   Go Down

Author Topic: Hasselblad's "game changer" 22nd of June?  (Read 183480 times)

cyron123

Re: Hasselblad's "game changer" 22nd of June?
« Reply #20 on: June 18, 2016, 02:05:44 am »

I like Fuji lenses too. And in my opinion they produce the lenses for hasselblad. Fuji has a lot of experience with very very expensive film lenses and know the professional sector.

I hope they will release a mid format system but the x system of Fuji is not very huge and not every camera brings enough cash.

And now a professional mid format? Hmmm?

ErikKaffehr

• Echophoto
« Reply #21 on: June 18, 2016, 05:54:27 am »

Hi,

I think that it needs to be significant larger than 24x36. Also, I would suggest they would use an existing sensor.

My assumption would be a mirrorless body that works reasonably well H-series lenses using adapters.

Best regards
Erik

...or it could be a 'game changer' for Hasselblad

36x24 mirrorless?

Or even more interesting 36x36 mirrorless.

Whatever, I bet Nick's having fun ;-)
Erik Kaffehr

Christopher

• http://www.hauser-photoart.com
« Reply #22 on: June 18, 2016, 07:37:32 am »

Hi,

I think that it needs to be significant larger than 24x36. Also, I would suggest they would use an existing sensor.

My assumption would be a mirrorless body that works reasonably well H-series lenses using adapters.

Best regards
Erik

But would that really be a game changer ? I mean not sure but mirror less alone isn't much. I mean even new lenses will be big if they want great quality and fast lenses. (See Sony new lenses)

I think important would be a great interface for many lenses like Hassi, Phase, Leica S. But is that possible ?

I'm just thinking aloud here, but we all know there will be a super high red Sony sooner rather than later.

While I agree MF sensor will be nice, but is there really a market for a 50MP MF mirror less if there is a 75MP sony?

It will be interesting to see. I hope something really great as more movement in the whole industry is good for all.

Christopher Hauser
ch@chauser.eu
Christopher Hauser
[email=chris@hauser-p

BernardLanguillier

• http://www.flickr.com/photos/bernardlanguillier/sets/
« Reply #23 on: June 18, 2016, 07:59:41 am »

While I agree MF sensor will be nice, but is there really a market for a 50MP MF mirror less if there is a 75MP sony?

Especially if the Sony is able to focus reliably on the eye of your subject and deliver the full resolution potential day in day out?...

Cheers,
Bernard

ErikKaffehr

• Echophoto
« Reply #24 on: June 18, 2016, 08:31:52 am »

Hi,

The main advantage with mirror less, as I see it, is accurate focusing (used magnified live view) and tilt & shift usage with many lenses. It may be relatively easy to integrate with lenses having electronic controls.

How a Sony with an 75 MP sensor would effect MFD, that remains to be seen.

But, I don't think it makes sense for Hasselblad to compete head on with Sony, so I think they need to make a real medium format camera. On the other hand it will need to be a quite a bit different to become a game changer.

If Sony makes a 75 MP sensor 24x36 mm sensor they could also make a 126 MP 44x33 sensor, so format advantage would be conserved. I would say that manufacturing cost is much more related to sensor surface area than to megapixels, so that 126 MP sensor would probably not be very expensive.

Best regards
Erik

But would that really be a game changer ? I mean not sure but mirror less alone isn't much. I mean even new lenses will be big if they want great quality and fast lenses. (See Sony new lenses)

I think important would be a great interface for many lenses like Hassi, Phase, Leica S. But is that possible ?

I'm just thinking aloud here, but we all know there will be a super high red Sony sooner rather than later.

It will be interesting to see. I hope something really great as more movement in the whole industry is good for all.

Christopher Hauser
ch@chauser.eu
Erik Kaffehr

eronald

• My gallery on Instagram
« Reply #25 on: June 18, 2016, 09:08:15 am »

Especially if the Sony is able to focus reliably on the eye of your subject and deliver the full resolution potential day in day out?...

Cheers,
Bernard

Yeah, between a Phase One and a Sony, the contest is not equal.  :)

Edmund
If you appreciate my blog posts help me by following on https://instagram.com/edmundronald

Paul2660

• Photos of Arkansas
« Reply #26 on: June 18, 2016, 09:35:48 am »

Yeah, between a Phase One and a Sony, the contest is not equal.  :)

Edmund

Boy no love for Phase One. Sad to see the bashing. Plenty of owners of the XF seem quite able to focus on the eye or any other part of the subject with no problems.   It's too bad that none of them are on the forum or want to post. But I do tire of the constant AF comparisons.   

The XF may not be the next "game changer" (I am also tired of that) but it's quite capable of getting the job done, is shipping, and has a proven track record.

My definition of game changer is more in the lines of the Pentax K1. Late to market but it does have an amazing amount of impressive features that are no included with its intended competition. I realize not MF but still a better example of a true "game changer"

Paul C
Paul Caldwell
Little Rock, Arkansas U.S.
www.photosofarkansas.com

BernardLanguillier

• http://www.flickr.com/photos/bernardlanguillier/sets/
« Reply #27 on: June 18, 2016, 09:45:02 am »

It is really about the definition of game changer.

To me this isn't about features, it is about the ability to achieve photographic results in ways not easily doable before.

I can frankly not think of many cameras in history that can have done that.

We have had many more or less significant advances, the XF is clearly one, the K1 too,...

Cheers,
Bernard

eronald

« Reply #28 on: June 18, 2016, 09:49:56 am »

It is really about the definition of game changer.

To me this isn't about features, it is about the ability to achieve photographic results in ways not easily doable before.

I can frankly not think of many cameras in history that can have done that.

We have had many more or less significant advances, the XF is clearly one, the K1 too,...

Cheers,
Bernard

Kodak made the first dSLRS. Phase, Leaf, Hassy popularised hi-rez photography, giving a clear aimpoint for electronic camera offerings. Sony gave us hi-rez dSLRs (Nikon, Sony), and Canon created the stills/video hybrid (5D2). I don't know what a game changer could be again ...

Edmund
If you appreciate my blog posts help me by following on https://instagram.com/edmundronald

ErikKaffehr

• Echophoto
« Reply #29 on: June 18, 2016, 09:50:21 am »

Appreciated!

Erik

Boy no love for Phase One. Sad to see the bashing. Plenty of owners of the XF seem quite able to focus on the eye or any other part of the subject with no problems.   It's too bad that none of them are on the forum or want to post. But I do tire of the constant AF comparisons.   

The XF may not be the next "game changer" (I am also tired of that) but it's quite capable of getting the job done, is shipping, and has a proven track record.

My definition of game changer is more in the lines of the Pentax K1. Late to market but it does have an amazing amount of impressive features that are no included with its intended competition. I realize not MF but still a better example of a true "game changer"

Paul C
Erik Kaffehr

sgilbert

« Reply #30 on: June 18, 2016, 10:10:01 am »

Hasselblad:   “This new model is the result of meticulous engineering research, culminating in the creation of an unprecedented camera which underpins the Hasselblad mission to pioneer and produce supreme quality across all our products.” 

That's what they said about the Lunar.  I'd take their use of "game changer" with a grain of salt. 

It's only four days;  we'll see.

eronald

« Reply #31 on: June 18, 2016, 10:32:24 am »

Hasselblad:   “This new model is the result of meticulous engineering research, culminating in the creation of an unprecedented camera which underpins the Hasselblad mission to pioneer and produce supreme quality across all our products.” 

That's what they said about the Lunar.  I'd take their use of "game changer" with a grain of salt. 

It's only four days;  we'll see.

Well, they seem to have bought themselves access to Sony with the Lunar :)

Edmund

george2787

« Reply #32 on: June 18, 2016, 11:11:48 am »

Photo Rumors has received an update from a source about the upcoming Hasselblad camera. PR says the source describes it as “mirrorless, ‘very special’, ‘beautiful’, with an unusual aspect ratio.”

http://petapixel.com/2016/06/17/hasselblad-announce-new-prosumer-camera-next-week-report/

AlterEgo

« Reply #33 on: June 18, 2016, 11:23:39 am »

borrowed the translation (from original to English) from Wikipedia :

"......Two cowboys, a newcomer and an old-timer, are drinking beer in front of a saloon. Suddenly, there is a clatter of hooves, a great cloud of dust, and something moving extremely fast from one end of town to the other. The newcomer looks at the old-timer, but seeing no reaction, decides to let the matter drop. However, several minutes later, the same cloud of dust, accompanied by the clatter of hooves, rapidly proceeds in the other direction. Not being able to see what's behind the dust, and unable to contain his curiosity any longer, the newcomer asks: "OK, what the hell was that, Bill?" / "Oh, that's Uncatchable Joe. Nobody has ever managed to catch him, Harry." / "Why? Is he so fast, Bill?" / "Nope, it's just because nobody needs him, Harry." ('Variant: "Nobody cares about him")........."

william

« Reply #34 on: June 18, 2016, 11:55:11 am »

Ive posted repeatedly that I have no problems focusing with the XF...

Paul C

JoeKitchen

« Reply #35 on: June 18, 2016, 12:46:31 pm »

I'm leaning towards a mirrorless offering, possibly square.

Self interest has me hoping for 36x36 with the option to use Leica M lenses.

Wishful thinking on my part? Probably. More likely panoramic.

Square would be nice, although 4:3 sensor that rotates would be better (like with the Leaf Rollie combo sold a few years ago). 
"Photography is one percent inspiration and ninety-nine percent

Christopher

• http://www.hauser-photoart.com
« Reply #36 on: June 18, 2016, 01:22:21 pm »

Now I don't want to say a lot about it as this topic should be about Hassi.

The XF is for me on of the biggest step in camera design and features. We don't need to talk about weight and size. It's huge and heavy, but it does so many things extremely well. I can't think of many other DSLR type cameras which come even close. ( I loved my D800 or Canons but their design/functions are outdated )
Just to name a few things like changing settings looking at the file through wifi is amazing. It helps in so many ways I really could not image having a camera without it. Same goes for focus stacking I  use it outdoors and it works really well once you know how to use it.

A lot of other great stuff, but let's go back to the topic.

If it is an "unusual" aspect ration my guess would be square. I would which a panoramic format. Something I have been waiting a long time. And if it does deliver I would buy it right away.

It will be interesting to see what comes at the end.

Christopher Hauser
ch@chauser.eu
Christopher Hauser
[email=chris@hauser-p

Paul2660

• Photos of Arkansas
« Reply #37 on: June 18, 2016, 02:02:51 pm »

I have to ask, why would square be nice?  I just can't see the reasons.  I can't think of many shots in the field that really lend them to a square format, and especially a framed print, as the vast majority of standard frames and framed print sizes don't work well with a square format.  Magazine copy, is mostly not square at least what I see.  I remember using the original Kodak 16MP chip yes it was square, and I hated it.  It may be just me, but I greatly prefer the 4:3 ratio of MF or 3:2 of 35mm.  Just me I guess. 

If square is an option of a unique sensor that is also offering a pano option, then sure.  But to limit it to square I am missing this. 

When I shot the Kodak, I almost always was taking two shots side by side to blend together later. 

Just curious, I understand the heritage of Hasselblad and all that and the square format.  But hey, I can't use a waist level finder either, framing with it drives me a bit crazy.

Paul C
Paul Caldwell
Little Rock, Arkansas U.S.
www.photosofarkansas.com

torger

« Reply #38 on: June 18, 2016, 03:42:45 pm »

Instagram is square  ;)

eronald

« Reply #39 on: June 18, 2016, 03:51:16 pm »

Instagram is square  ;)

Was.

I naturally crop a lot of images to square. Probably because my published stuff came late in life.

Edmund
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 32   Go Up