Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14   Go Down

Author Topic: It's A Sad Day AT Luminous-Landscape  (Read 87043 times)

AFairley

Re: It's A Sad Day AT Luminous-Landscape
« Reply #220 on: May 22, 2016, 04:08:58 pm »

RIP Michael, and thank you for all you have given me through LL over the years.  Hard to imagine your absence.

naturescott49

« Reply #221 on: May 22, 2016, 04:45:23 pm »

Kevin, you should put a slide show of all these wonderful images of Michael on the left side banner of the website.

Arlen

« Reply #222 on: May 22, 2016, 05:02:48 pm »

I just returned from a trip to find this shocking news. Without a doubt Michael and the website he created and steered have been major influences on my photographic journey. His loss will be felt far and wide.

gritstone

« Reply #223 on: May 22, 2016, 05:45:40 pm »

I only knew Michael through this site but I hope that his enthusiasm for photography and open welcoming attitude to life will continue to inspire and lift me in the future.

RIP Michael.

MBMPhotography

• Blog and beyond on G+
« Reply #224 on: May 22, 2016, 06:35:37 pm »

Really sorry to hear that! My sincere condolences to his famil. Over the years I have learned so much thanks to you
Sony A7rIII, A6500,

stevesanacore

« Reply #225 on: May 22, 2016, 08:18:23 pm »

Like many of us, I had no idea how sick he was. What a huge loss to us all. He was very special in his ability to remain humble and always have a practical stance in his reviews and opinions. Although we never met, I felt like he was a close friend. I learned more from his website and videos on landscape photography and processing images, than any other source.

Thank you Michael, you will be missed...... my condolences to his close friends and family.
We don't know what we don't know.

budjames

• http://www.budjamesphotography.com
« Reply #226 on: May 22, 2016, 10:03:48 pm »

I met Michael at the first Digital Fine Art Photographers Summit in Arizona in 2003 organized and hosted by Alain Briot and Uwe Steinmueller. Michael was one of the guest lecturers. Also in attendance was Thomas Knoll, the creator of Photoshop.

The event was great and first one of its kind that I attended. Michael was fun to be around and I learned a lot during the three days of the Summit. Before then and since, I have been an avid fan of Michael and The Luminous Landscape.

He made a tremendous contribution to the digital photography community. I hope that the work that he and Chris started will continue with Chris and more recent team members and contributors.

I extend my heartfelt sympathies and prayers to Michael's family and close friends.

With warm regards,
Bud James

www.budjames.photography
Bud James
North Wales, PA [url=http://ww

Piboy

• http://samwardphoto.com
« Reply #227 on: May 22, 2016, 10:54:20 pm »

Thanks to Michael and Chris I am a photo geek and proud of it. In 2007 I bought a Canon 20D to shoot my kids junior hockey. My shots were terrible! I found Lula and what a true life change it was for my photographic journey. 2008 a trip to Algonquin with Michael, Chris and Jack Dykinga. Then in 2014., I got to hang with Michael, Chris, Kevin and William Neill in Antarctica. Both were transformative experiences but paled  in comparison to at least weekly visits to Lula and numerous video downloads(Camera to Print is still the most memorable and relative. Felt like Michael and Jeff were close friends iteaching me at home)
Michael I am forever in your debt and hope to pay it forward.
Peace to you, family, Chris and Kevin.
Sam Ward
Sam W.
samwardphoto.com

mseawell

• Mark Seawell's Photo World
« Reply #228 on: May 22, 2016, 11:47:55 pm »

A true photographer to his bones. I was miss his contributions, wit and presence. RIP Michael!

Mark Seawell

Breacher1

« Reply #229 on: May 23, 2016, 05:52:20 am »

Very sad news indeed.  I thoroughly enjoyed both his videos and writings.  There can be some peace in knowing that his pain is gone and that Lulu will live on as a testament to his vision and passion.  Condolences to his family and friends.  Life is too short!!

muntanela

• BRATA
« Reply #230 on: May 23, 2016, 06:27:15 am »

Mi dispiace.

ced

« Reply #231 on: May 23, 2016, 10:48:26 am »

Touched by this unexpected news, my condolences to Michael's family and all those that will continue to run his wonderful legacy left to the photographic community.
He will indeed be sadly missed.
Michael RIP.

dreed

« Reply #232 on: May 23, 2016, 11:38:30 am »

For some we would say that their time does not come quick enough and for others we say it comes too soon.

Michael gave so much to all and without asking or expecting anything back.

Would that I could trade 10 years of my life on this planet to give him another 1.

Don Davis

« Reply #233 on: May 23, 2016, 11:59:36 am »

I am deeply saddened to hear of Michael's passing.  While I never had the privilege of an in-person meeting, I have been a follower since the old DVD days and Lightroom videos.  Michael and Jeff took me from crawling to running in Lightroom.  Always enjoyed his good humor and bantering with Jeff, which I will sorely miss!  My prayers go out to all his family and friends!

prairiewing

• Pat Gerlach, Photographer
« Reply #234 on: May 23, 2016, 02:47:30 pm »

Transitioning from film, I recall sitting in a friend's condo in Florida with a brand new Canon 1D, a brand new Mac laptop loaded with Photoshop and having absolutely no idea what to do with any of it.  I stumbled onto LuLa, found Michael's tutorials and got my start in digital photography by listening to Michael and looking over his shoulder to see what boxes he had checked in PS.
I was extremely grateful for that and all of the other information gleaned from this site over the years.  Although I never had the pleasure of meeting Michael in person I felt I knew him and he felt like a friend.  I'll miss him.
Pat Gerlach
   Pat Gerlach, Photographer

JonnieGS

« Reply #235 on: May 23, 2016, 03:42:58 pm »

Just saw the post - what very sad news.  Luminous Landscape was one of the first web sites that I used to view regularly and  helped re-kindle my interest in photography, taking Michael's wise words, wit and charm as part of the spirit that energised my photography.

Rest in peace Michael  :'(

John Pettey
Co. Cork
Ireland

digitaldog

• Andrew Rodney
    • http://www.digitaldog.net/
« Reply #236 on: May 23, 2016, 03:53:03 pm »

Read the article at  This Page
Question about the link. Would those outside LuLa not subscribing be able to see this? Be nice if so.
http://www.digitaldog.net/
Author "Color Management for Photographers".

seamus finn

« Reply #237 on: May 23, 2016, 04:01:47 pm »

This is dreadful news. Heartfelt condolences to Michael's family and many friends.

Kevin Raber

• Kevin Raber
    • Kevin Raber
« Reply #238 on: May 23, 2016, 04:20:57 pm »

Andrew, the page is not behind the paywall. Anyone can see it.
Kevin Raber
kwr@rabereyes.com
kevin@photopxl.com
rockhopperworkshops.com
photopxl.com

marilu

« Reply #239 on: May 23, 2016, 06:49:13 pm »

Very sad news. My deepest sympathy to his family and friends. He was a great inspiration to me through his reviews, videos and this forum. I will always be grateful for all that I have learned. Thank you Michael.

Mary
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14   Go Up