Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11   Go Down

Author Topic: The H6D100c and H6D50c thread: The orange shutter button cameras!  (Read 60904 times)

razrblck

• Chill
    • Instagram
Re: The H6D100c and H6D50c thread: The orange shutter button cameras!
« Reply #80 on: April 08, 2016, 08:46:16 am »

True, but not the FE lenses, given there is no Focal Plane Shutter. Ironically you need to shoot Phase One or Leica to use these Blad lenses. The Planar 110 f2 is one of the most beautiful ever lenses and a shame to not be able to use it on their current platform.

Ah, yeah that sucks!
Instagram (updated often)

Jager

• E vestigio
« Reply #81 on: April 08, 2016, 08:48:12 am »

I may have missed this, but:

Was a shipping date announced?

Early June.

eronald

• My gallery on Instagram
« Reply #82 on: April 08, 2016, 09:50:27 am »

Early June.

conflicting reports. i saw April.

Edmund
If you appreciate my blog posts help me by following on https://instagram.com/edmundronald

digitalBerg

« Reply #83 on: April 08, 2016, 10:12:58 am »

conflicting reports. i saw April.

Edmund
Where?? :) April would be nice

eronald

« Reply #84 on: April 08, 2016, 10:29:09 am »

I will go to the presentation on tuesday and ask. at least i will be able to scrounge a free drink. any other questions?

Edmund
If you appreciate my blog posts help me by following on https://instagram.com/edmundronald

digitalBerg

« Reply #85 on: April 08, 2016, 10:52:49 am »

Ask what the cost of upgrading old HC lenses will be.

Best regards, Terje

Chris Livsey

« Reply #86 on: April 08, 2016, 11:25:15 am »

ISTR, I have read too many sources, that both dates are correct April for the 50 and June for the 100.

Found it, again: The H6D-50c will be available in April, and we have tried to make sure there is not a long delay after announcement. The H6D-100c has a June release date.
https://www.ephotozine.com/article/perry-oosting-on-the-hasselblad-h6d-29166

New lenses supplied with a 24 month warranty (or 1,000,000 exposures, whichever comes first). If you register before 30th September 2016, we will give you an extra 12 months warranty free.

Phocus 3.0
A new graphical user interface. The Local Adjustment tools allow the user to apply exposure, white balance, colour and moiré corrections via either a radial or linear gradient, and for those finer corrections, a brush tool – which are all added via adjustment layers.

« Last Edit: April 08, 2016, 11:30:49 am by Chris Livsey »

jacsin

« Reply #87 on: April 08, 2016, 11:56:05 am »

Any limitations on using HCD lenses on the 100C, i.e. do they all cover the sensor?

Is it on your shopping list, the camera, not the drink?

william

« Reply #88 on: April 08, 2016, 12:39:22 pm »

Arrgh! June availability for the 100c isn't going to help me: For once in my life, I actually have gigs (in May) where 100mp would be useful....  Will have to check out the Phase option again.

ISTR, I have read too many sources, that both dates are correct April for the 50 and June for the 100.

Found it, again: The H6D-50c will be available in April, and we have tried to make sure there is not a long delay after announcement. The H6D-100c has a June release date.
https://www.ephotozine.com/article/perry-oosting-on-the-hasselblad-h6d-29166

New lenses supplied with a 24 month warranty (or 1,000,000 exposures, whichever comes first). If you register before 30th September 2016, we will give you an extra 12 months warranty free.

Phocus 3.0
A new graphical user interface. The Local Adjustment tools allow the user to apply exposure, white balance, colour and moiré corrections via either a radial or linear gradient, and for those finer corrections, a brush tool – which are all added via adjustment layers.

landscapephoto

« Reply #89 on: April 08, 2016, 01:43:53 pm »

Any limitations on using HCD lenses on the 100C, i.e. do they all cover the sensor?

You'll have the same limitations as on the H4D-60 and H5D-60.

digitalBerg

« Reply #90 on: April 08, 2016, 01:45:45 pm »

You'll have the same limitations as on the H4D-60 and H5D-60.
Can you explain?

landscapephoto

« Reply #91 on: April 08, 2016, 01:51:23 pm »

Can you explain?

Black extreme corners, but the cameras can crop automatically. Need I explain more?

digitalBerg

« Reply #92 on: April 08, 2016, 02:23:50 pm »

Typically a 100mm 2.2f wide open?

Best regards, Terje

Jager

• E vestigio
« Reply #93 on: April 08, 2016, 04:19:18 pm »

Arrgh! June availability for the 100c isn't going to help me: For once in my life, I actually have gigs (in May) where 100mp would be useful....  Will have to check out the Phase option again.

Hasselblad has an estimate of the H6D-100c units they expect to sell.  Whatever that number is, it isn't a large number.  More so than most markets, every sale counts.  If you truly prefer the HB over the P1, and it's only your client schedule that is driving you towards a 'Plan B,' I'd contact your dealer and explain the situation.  It's possible HB might make some sort of accommodation for you, even if it's a temporary test/demo unit running early firmware until your actual production unit is available.

Worth a try...

NickT

« Reply #94 on: April 08, 2016, 11:44:12 pm »

Re Shipping dates:

April for the 50
June for the 100

nemtom

• Tamas Nemeth
    • 500 px gallery
« Reply #95 on: April 09, 2016, 01:20:18 am »

Hasselblad has an estimate of the H6D-100c units they expect to sell.  Whatever that number is, it isn't a large number.  More so than most markets, every sale counts.  If you truly prefer the HB over the P1, and it's only your client schedule that is driving you towards a 'Plan B,' I'd contact your dealer and explain the situation.  It's possible HB might make some sort of accommodation for you, even if it's a temporary test/demo unit running early firmware until your actual production unit is available.

Worth a try...

Well, I don't know who would photograph something important (which might be hard to reproduce) with a beta camera instead of something out in the wild for half a year.

NickT

« Reply #96 on: April 09, 2016, 01:36:35 am »

I have shot with beta cameras and beta software for years. This was in a studio with plenty of control, layers of backups and systems so it does work. I wouldn't do it on a wind swept location though.

eronald

« Reply #97 on: April 09, 2016, 06:25:18 am »

I have shot with beta cameras and beta software for years. This was in a studio with plenty of control, layers of backups and systems so it does work. I wouldn't do it on a wind swept location though.

The distinction between beta software and production software is pretty slim these days. I'd say that two months from a camera release you should  at the very least be looking at a "release candidate" without major show-stoppers. If not, the nature of debugging means the release will be flawed.

Edmund

nemtom

• Tamas Nemeth
    • 500 px gallery
« Reply #98 on: April 09, 2016, 07:17:12 am »

The distinction between beta software and production software is pretty slim these days. I'd say that two months from a camera release you should  at the very least be looking at a "release candidate" without major show-stoppers. If not, the nature of debugging means the release will be flawed.

Edmund

Maybe... You never know how much time-pressure is on the development. Hasselblad had to announce something ASAP, which usually doesn't help releasing a flawless product. Maybe they want it to be flawless first time, that's why they didn't announce it beforehand, but I would be surprised if that would be the case, as it would have been a major hit on the MF scene, that they come back with the first 100MP camera (if they would have announced let's say Dec15).
So, all I'm saying in certain circumstances any risk is too many.

Endeavour

« Reply #99 on: April 09, 2016, 08:35:32 am »

I agree

There are generally two types of software releases:
One which has pretty much everything locked down, and just minor bug fixes released afterwards.
One which is almost a rolling prototype,where patches and upgrades to add/fix the announced features are applied post-launch

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11   Go Up