Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11   Go Down

Author Topic: The H6D100c and H6D50c thread: The orange shutter button cameras!  (Read 60794 times)

Theodoros

Re: The H6D100c and H6D50c thread: The orange shutter button cameras!
« Reply #60 on: April 07, 2016, 05:36:08 pm »

One can't help to notice that the price difference between H6D-50 & H6D-100 is of (about) 25% price rise... Can't help to also notice that P1 is pricing the IQ 3-100 back at much more than 25% price difference with respect to the IQ-350 one... add "no video" to the above...

eronald

• My gallery on Instagram
« Reply #61 on: April 07, 2016, 06:00:14 pm »

One can't help to notice that the price difference between H6D-50 & H6D-100 is of (about) 25% price rise... Can't help to also notice that P1 is pricing the IQ 3-100 back at much more than 25% price difference with respect to the IQ-350 one... add "no video" to the above...

P1 comes with concierge service. You have an issue, rub the camera, Doug pops up and solves your problem and saves your shoot and your job. There is no fixed price for that.

Edmund
If you appreciate my blog posts help me by following on https://instagram.com/edmundronald

Theodoros

« Reply #62 on: April 07, 2016, 06:02:21 pm »

P1 comes with concierge service. You have an issue, rub the camera, Doug pops up and solves your problem and saves your shoot and your job. There is no fixed price for that.

Edmund

But.... I never have issues that Doug can solve!

eronald

« Reply #63 on: April 07, 2016, 06:18:04 pm »

But.... I never have issues that Doug can solve!

Eh? You must be a very unique individual :)

Edmund
If you appreciate my blog posts help me by following on https://instagram.com/edmundronald

Theodoros

« Reply #64 on: April 07, 2016, 06:20:46 pm »

Eh? You must be a very unique individual :)

Edmund

There others too...

JV

« Reply #65 on: April 07, 2016, 08:10:21 pm »

I think the entry pricing is too high, because Pentax are at $10K, so even with a luxury premium Hassy should be at $16K. Which in fact was roughly where the 50c was, at least over in Sweden as Torger has pointed out.

Hassy is using a new pricing trick, call it reverse switch and bait - they have priced their entry level too high and the 100MP comparatively low. Which is reasonable as the only difference between the two is probably a different logic and sensor board, with identical manufacturing and quality control costs. I would expect a new 50MP chip that does video very quickly, and the prices of the present H6D50c to get slashed. AFTER all the existing H5D50c stock has been remaindered with "special offers".

Edmund

Pentax is at $7k and Leica at $16K.  The entry level price is indeed a bit steep...
« Last Edit: April 07, 2016, 08:20:29 pm by JV »

Theodoros

« Reply #66 on: April 07, 2016, 08:24:36 pm »

Pentax is at $7k and Leica at $16K.  The entry level price is indeed a bit steep...

Isn't Hassy "entry level" (in real - not what the price list says about the H5-40) the H5-50c? There is no replacement (up to now) for the H5 series... Both series are in production.

JV

« Reply #67 on: April 07, 2016, 08:30:07 pm »

Isn't Hassy "entry level" (in real - not what the price list says about the H5-40) the H5-50c? There is no replacement (up to now) for the H5 series... Both series are in production.

Yes, I guess, I wonder how much longer it will be around though.  Currently $14.5K in the US.  Not sure how much improvement the H6D-50c adds compared to the H5D-50c...

Theodoros

« Reply #68 on: April 07, 2016, 08:36:40 pm »

Yes, I guess, I wonder how much longer it will be around though.  Currently $14.5K in the US.  Not sure how much improvement the H6D-50c adds compared to the H5D-50c...

My guess is that H6D series is much like what P1 IQ-3 series is with respect to IQ-2 series... a more expensive line to attract those that are willing to spend more... One doesn't loose customers to Pentax or Leica by abandoning the (up to date) competitive product...

eronald

« Reply #69 on: April 07, 2016, 10:18:20 pm »

My guess is that H6D series is much like what P1 IQ-3 series is with respect to IQ-2 series... a more expensive line to attract those that are willing to spend more... One doesn't loose customers to Pentax or Leica by abandoning the (up to date) competitive product...

No. The H6D line is now their main product. They will lower the pricing on the 50 to 15K or so as soon as they have disposed of existing stock.
At 15K they are competitive with Phase; if they really wanted they could probably go down a bit more and get some new users.
It will be interesting to watch the rental market - these are guys who buy what photographers *want* to use. The luxury and institutional market now belong to Phase, if only because very high dealer margins are necessary in both.

Edmund
« Last Edit: April 07, 2016, 10:22:21 pm by eronald »

mitchino

« Reply #70 on: April 08, 2016, 02:13:06 am »

The trade-in prices don't look bad in the US, anyone found the UK ones?

landscapephoto

« Reply #71 on: April 08, 2016, 02:18:13 am »

The trade-in prices don't look bad in the US, anyone found the UK ones?

Here: http://www.hasselblad.com/products/h6d-trade-in-program

jvpictures

« Reply #72 on: April 08, 2016, 03:12:07 am »

I can fully sync up to 1/800 sec using a Broncolor Move mobil pack and the H5D triggered by RFS 2.1. In the datasheet Bron claims  a total transmission time of less than 1/1000 sec, thus a max X sync shutter is at least 1/1000 sec, probably faster...
But, at full energy output (1200 Ws) t0.1 is only 1/375 sec and thus a shutter of 1/1000 sec (or even 1/2000) will cut away much of the light output. I will check tonight what is the fastest t 0.1 at lower output levels to figure out the "break-even"-point of this popular mobile pack for output levels as a function of various shutter speeds for which the light emitting time is equal or slightly smaller than its X-sync and report here tomorrow.

I checked the speed range for Broncolor Move popular mobile power pack triggered by Bron's RFS 2.1 under various power settings with the following conclusions (this is just from the specs and from the various speed indication from the pack as being read on the pack's LCD, i.e. it is not tested and thus kind of theoretical):

1. with this setup you can use all power levels for a x-sync shutter of up to 1/320 sec. Power levels from 5 to 1200 Wsec (1200 Joules).
2.  for x-sync of 1/500 and/or 1/800 sec power levels up to 600 Wsec are valid (level 2-9). Not at full dump, since here the speed is only 1/375 and one would cut part of the light
3. for faster camera shutters (e.g. 1/1000 or 1/2000 sec) the pack can only be triggered at 300 Wsec (level 8, 2 stops less).

see my chart.

mitchino

« Reply #73 on: April 08, 2016, 05:10:17 am »

If I trade in my H4D-50 I can get the H6D-100 for £15,350 or the H6D-50 for £11,400.

Seriously enticing, but I'll wait for reviews and many more sample pics.

Chris Livsey

« Reply #74 on: April 08, 2016, 05:32:00 am »

Competitor 30MP> €6,500   £5,000

So what do Team Phase One offer against one of their own 30MP> backs ?
Is it the usual, we need to talk individually, nothing in print, are you on our "most favoured" list?
That is what I have had before, UK, and it really does nothing for me as a potential customer.

Bo Dez

« Reply #75 on: April 08, 2016, 05:47:50 am »

This is an incredible upgrade that puts Hasselblad back in the game, and while I never thought I'd say it, they may just have the upper hand over Phase One. Not just on price either - 4K motion was something of a glaring omission for me from the Phase Launch, something I thought them mad to not get moving on with such an expensive system in such transitional times.

The Hasseblad is a very enticing camera but i'm still left thinking - shame the lenses aren't Zeiss. The existing Fuji ones are incredibly sharp and have exceptional colour and contrast, but the rendering, IMO, has none of the magic of the V Zeiss lenses. The bokeh on some lenses can be a bit ugly and/or can look like photoshopped Gaussian blur. Is it enough for me to stop buying? maybe. I can't even use the Magic blad lenses such as the Planar 110 f2 on the H - IMO, This was a terrible design direction, not to include backwards compatibility on their legendary greats that helped define their system and make it as great as it was. It's the final aesthetic dressing of the image that I can not overlook. Perhaps this is something that Hasselblad can address, as some of the modern Fuji X lenses can look quite good, but it would be great to see Zeiss offer an Otus like range for Medium Format!
« Last Edit: April 08, 2016, 06:07:30 am by Bo Dez »

Christopher

• http://www.hauser-photoart.com
« Reply #76 on: April 08, 2016, 07:12:31 am »

I do agree that the H6D is very welcome. However, upper hand ? Really depends on what one wants.

4K might be amazing if you need it. I don't need it and I really don't care.

However, I need to be able to use it on a tech camera and here I would even consider the h6d. Sorry but here I expected much much more.

Christopher Hauser
ch@chauser.eu
Christopher Hauser
[email=chris@hauser-p

razrblck

• Chill
    • Instagram
« Reply #77 on: April 08, 2016, 07:15:31 am »

The Hasseblad is a very enticing camera but i'm still left thinking - shame the lenses aren't Zeiss. The existing Fuji ones are incredibly sharp and have exceptional colour and contrast, but the rendering, IMO, has none of the magic of the V Zeiss lenses. The bokeh on some lenses can be a bit ugly and/or can look like photoshopped Gaussian blur. Is it enough for me to stop buying? maybe. I can't even use the Magic blad lenses such as the Planar 110 f2 on the H - IMO, This was a terrible design direction, not to include backwards compatibility on their legendary greats that helped define their system and make it as great as it was. It's the final aesthetic dressing of the image that I can not overlook. Perhaps this is something that Hasselblad can address, as some of the modern Fuji X lenses can look quite good, but it would be great to see Zeiss offer an Otus like range for Medium Format!

You can still use almost all CF and CFE lenses on the H bodies via a dedicated adapter, though I understand that it would be nice to have old Zeiss designs updated and with added autofocus.
Instagram (updated often)

Bo Dez

« Reply #78 on: April 08, 2016, 07:33:04 am »

You can still use almost all CF and CFE lenses on the H bodies via a dedicated adapter, though I understand that it would be nice to have old Zeiss designs updated and with added autofocus.

True, but not the FE lenses, given there is no Focal Plane Shutter. Ironically you need to shoot Phase One or Leica to use these Blad lenses. The Planar 110 f2 is one of the most beautiful ever lenses and a shame to not be able to use it on their current platform.

william

« Reply #79 on: April 08, 2016, 08:26:30 am »

I may have missed this, but:

Was a shipping date announced?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11   Go Up