Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Capture One Pro 9 Released!  (Read 32501 times)

Bart_van_der_Wolf

Re: Capture One Pro 9 Released!
« Reply #60 on: December 01, 2015, 05:59:45 pm »

Also, what's the trick to getting C1 to display only the raw file when it imports a raw+ jpeg.

Hi Dan,

If you do not intend to post-process any JPEGs in C1, you can switch JPEG editing off in the Preferences under Image Editing. I'm not sure (I don't shoot Raw+JPEG myself) if that switches off visibility in the Import dialog, but it's worth a try.

Cheers,
Bart
== If you do what you did, you'll get what you got. ==

Dan Wells

« Reply #61 on: December 01, 2015, 06:30:21 pm »

I had exactly Barry's experience with the upgrade (through David on the forum, rather than P1 support), so I suspect they either have some informal policy about this, or are just giving very fair pricing case by case. If you bought V8 very recently, I'd certainly get in touch with P1 - they're willing to help - two people who didn't like this situation on the forum are very happy with the result.

Multi-select didn't seem to work for me this morning, but it's working now... I'm in the process of upgrading a 60,000+ image catalog, which I fully expect to take a while!

I'll try turning off JPEG editing, but I'm not sure it'll affect visibility (it's not in the import dialog itself that I'm concerned about, but in the catalog). Turning off JPEG editing will certainly eliminate the problem of accidentally editing a JPEG. Using a filter by the raw file extension would work, except that I have three or four types of raw files around (as I'm sure many of us do).

jng

« Reply #62 on: December 02, 2015, 12:08:16 am »

Question for David Grover:

I'm running Capture One DB v8.3.1 - can I upgrade to v9 without charge?

Thanks!

John

Doug Peterson

• http://www.doug-peterson.com
« Reply #63 on: December 02, 2015, 01:40:37 am »

Question for David Grover:

I'm running Capture One DB v8.3.1 - can I upgrade to v9 without charge?

Thanks!

John

Yes

Capture One DB is always free, with unlimited licenses, and no registration required, and always will be.

jd-photography

« Reply #64 on: December 02, 2015, 08:45:30 am »

There is educational pricing.  If you have colleagues who are interested, or students, please let me know.
David

Hi David,

I have just contacted your support colleagues regarding educational pricing and they told me they have not heard about something like that? Is there a special requirement?

Kind regards,
Joerg

David Grover / Capture One

• Capture One
« Reply #65 on: December 02, 2015, 10:22:47 am »

Hi David,

I have just contacted your support colleagues regarding educational pricing and they told me they have not heard about something like that? Is there a special requirement?

Kind regards,
Joerg

Hi joerg - I have PM'd you.
David Grover
Business Support and Development Manager

jng

« Reply #66 on: December 02, 2015, 10:32:57 am »

Yes

Capture One DB is always free, with unlimited licenses, and no registration required, and always will be.

Doug,

Thanks.

John

Doug Peterson

« Reply #67 on: December 02, 2015, 10:44:04 am »

Hi David,

If you're in the USA you can contact jsl@digitaltransitions.com - we do EDU pricing/sales all the time.

Doug Peterson

« Reply #68 on: December 02, 2015, 10:48:48 am »

I'll try turning off JPEG editing, but I'm not sure it'll affect visibility (it's not in the import dialog itself that I'm concerned about, but in the catalog). Turning off JPEG editing will certainly eliminate the problem of accidentally editing a JPEG. Using a filter by the raw file extension would work, except that I have three or four types of raw files around (as I'm sure many of us do).

In the Filter tool use the drop down in the top right corner of the tool and (Global Filter > always Hide JPGs]. Also consider whether you need to shoot raw+jpg given the option to create QuickProof JPGs at a rate of a sveral hundred per minute using C1 with cohesive cull, naming and adjustments.

There are so many tips and tricks like this. We cover hundreds in our Capture One Classes: https://digitaltransitions.com/event/training

Doug Peterson

« Reply #69 on: December 02, 2015, 10:53:41 am »

How long is this offer active?

I might be interested but I'm plastered with deadlines until December 12th.

Email me at dep@digitaltransitions.com and we can figure something out for you I'm sure.

jwstl

« Reply #70 on: December 02, 2015, 11:13:14 am »

Samsung NX1 camera support is dropped (previously it was broken) and support for NX500 was never added.

These are niche, but very capable cameras, and since I have moved to this system from Nikon, I am not upgrading and will look to sell my existing license.

I haven't tried it myself but I've been told the NX1 is supported and works beautifully despite not being listed as supported.

Doug Peterson

« Reply #71 on: December 02, 2015, 11:33:35 am »

I haven't tried it myself but I've been told the NX1 is supported and works beautifully despite not being listed as supported.

I have no personal knowledge of the situation.
http://www.mirrorlessrumors.com/hot-rumor-nikon-bought-samsung-nx-mirrorless-tech/

For what its worth I can't think of a single client of ours that owns or uses a Samsung camera.

(Please don't take this as a comment about the quality of those cameras or about Samsung as a company. I've never even held one.)

AlterEgo

« Reply #72 on: December 02, 2015, 12:04:04 pm »

I have no personal knowledge of the situation.
http://www.mirrorlessrumors.com/hot-rumor-nikon-bought-samsung-nx-mirrorless-tech/

For what its worth I can't think of a single client of ours that owns or uses a Samsung camera.

(Please don't take this as a comment about the quality of those cameras or about Samsung as a company. I've never even held one.)

not even a cell phone ?!

adias

« Reply #73 on: December 02, 2015, 02:36:08 pm »

Per the bottom of our article:
If you purchased Capture One Pro 8 after October 30, 2015 your upgrade is free. Contact the dealer from whom you purchased Capture One for assistance accessing your free upgrade. [...] Otherwise the cost to upgrade from Capture One Pro 7 or Capture One Pro 8 is $99.

A 1 month free upgrade period is awfully short. Coincidentally, I was pondering purchasing C1 V8 and emailed Phase One in mid October regarding their upgrade policy re a future V9. They replied that there was no V9 on the horizon... Had I purchased V8 I would be stuck with an added $99 upgrade fee to get V9 in a little over a month.

AlterEgo

« Reply #74 on: December 02, 2015, 02:45:36 pm »

A 1 month free upgrade period is awfully short.

rawdigger policy for example, with major versions upgrade for those with "pro(file edition)" = "Free for 1 year after purchase, 40% discount past that"...

patchtool = "PatchTool 5.0 is free for all owners of a PatchTool 4.x license if the license was purchased AFTER April 12 2015 (i.e. up to 6 months before PatchTool 5.0 launch date)."

a beauty of small shops with nic(h)e products... and you can actually talk directly with the authors

adias

« Reply #75 on: December 02, 2015, 02:49:29 pm »

Capture One's pricing is not competitive. Most of us have multiple raw converters/photo editors and most are competitively priced. Capture One is not. Their subscription price ($15/month) is laughable compared to Adobe's $9.95 for two major applications.

AlterEgo

« Reply #76 on: December 02, 2015, 03:37:02 pm »

Capture One's pricing is not competitive. Most of us have multiple raw converters/photo editors and most are competitively priced. Capture One is not. Their subscription price ($15/month) is laughable compared to Adobe's $9.95 for two major applications.

well, the art is to find a fine line between the price and value... I'd rather ask P1 to increase the value ( give me LAB and/or HSV/HSL/HSB color readouts !!! next time when I visit Denmark I will go on hunger strike near the office )

Bart_van_der_Wolf

« Reply #77 on: December 02, 2015, 06:50:13 pm »

Capture One's pricing is not competitive. Most of us have multiple raw converters/photo editors and most are competitively priced. Capture One is not.

I do not judge a comparison of rawconverters on price alone. Conversion quality, workflow benefits, reasonable upgrade pricing, feature enhancements with dot releases that do not wait for an entirely new version number, decent to good technical service should one need it, etc. also weigh in.

Their subscription price ($15/month) is laughable compared to Adobe's $9.95 for two major applications.

And the annual cost for a perpetual license of a new version C1 Pro upgrade, is something like € 8.25 per month (and there is usually a 10%-off coupon available somewhere, so € 7.43 / mth) for a 3 seat license.

Sounds like a decent deal, for something that's even getting better all the time.

Cheers,
Bart
== If you do what you did, you'll get what you got. ==

Hoggy

• Never take life, or anything in it, too seriously.
« Reply #78 on: December 02, 2015, 11:16:41 pm »

Is there a way to stop the help window from popping up?
Cams: Pentax K-3, K-30 & Canon G7X, S100
Firm supporter of DNG, throwing away originals.
It's the hash, man..  That good hash!

David Grover / Capture One

• Capture One
« Reply #79 on: December 03, 2015, 04:10:01 am »

Is there a way to stop the help window from popping up?

Checkbox at the bottom - Do not show again.  ;)

David Grover
Business Support and Development Manager
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up