Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10   Go Down

Author Topic: So where is the new Phase One body  (Read 53826 times)

Paul2660

• Photos of Arkansas
Re: So where is the new Phase One body
« Reply #120 on: May 06, 2015, 11:54:27 am »

not exactly,
 in autumn will the same cmos sony sensor 50 mpx in a sony body and a canon body using a phase one software :capture one!

a totally new reality !

good luck to the sale team...
best.

One correction, Canon's 50MP is their own design, not a Sony chip/Exmour processor.

Paul
Paul Caldwell
Little Rock, Arkansas U.S.
www.photosofarkansas.com

synn

• My fine art portfolio
« Reply #121 on: May 06, 2015, 11:56:22 am »

i can't remember having read any substantial contribution from you on this forum.
if you are so convinced that the tools you are using are so much better than anything else, why do you have to attack and insult others constantly, instead of using your wonderful gear and producing some outstanding work. just be a bit more relaxed my friend!
and, before you start attacking me for my mediocre english, just keep in mind that not everybody is a native english speaker.

I am not a native english speaker either and as far as I can remember, I have posted more photographs on this forum than the person I was talking to. Examples of my work can be seen from my signature.
I also own and regularly use Medium Format gear, unlike the thread starter.

Please let me know what more I need to do to have a valid opinion here.

Lastly, I have no illusions that the gear I use IS THE BEST!! (Or whatever). I use Medium format AND 35mm gear and choose between them depending on the situation. But when people who have little to no experience in MF and have no intention of buying MF gear talk BS about it, it is only natural that people with better experience with that gear speak up.

Thanks!
« Last Edit: May 06, 2015, 12:02:00 pm by synn »
my portfolio: www.sandeepmurali.com

ciccio

« Reply #122 on: May 06, 2015, 12:31:47 pm »

sorry ....just saying another 50 mpx sensor into the race....best

Kolor-Pikker

« Reply #123 on: May 06, 2015, 02:58:21 pm »

if you are so convinced that the tools you are using are so much better than anything else, why do you have to attack and insult others constantly, instead of using your wonderful gear and producing some outstanding work. just be a bit more relaxed my friend!

If you go back to page 1, Ed baited two dealers with a rumor he claimed they spread, called everyone here billionaires, called two camera makers inferior and hopeless, and then baited again all in the first post.
Afterwards he derails the topic so hard that every page reads like it belongs in a different thread. synn is just being cynical and is exposing Ed's piggy mud pit that everyone ended up getting dragged in to.
The only way to win this game is to not play, but I'm afraid that I'm a sucker already.

ErikKaffehr

• Echophoto
« Reply #124 on: May 06, 2015, 03:19:10 pm »

Hi,

I would just add that the Sony sensor is vaguely rumoured, but not yet seen.

Best regards
Erik

One correction, Canon's 50MP is their own design, not a Sony chip/Exmour processor.

Paul

Erik Kaffehr

Manoli

« Reply #125 on: May 06, 2015, 06:29:22 pm »

If you go back to page 1, Ed baited two dealers with a rumor he claimed they spread, called everyone here billionaires, called two camera makers inferior and hopeless, and then baited again all in the first post.
Afterwards he derails the topic so hard that every page reads like it belongs in a different thread. synn is just being cynical and is exposing Ed's piggy mud pit that everyone ended up getting dragged in to.
The only way to win this game is to not play, but I'm afraid that I'm a sucker already.

The thread was clearly started with a humorous and slightly mischievous tinge. Steve Hendrix, much to his credit, responded in kind. Doug Petersen similarly although Doug, true to form, couldn't resist the opportunity to be - how best to phrase it ? - 'un peu économique avec les actualités '

Piggy mud pit ? Well, at least, in the most part, it's one laced with a healthy dose of camaraderie and affectionate 'taquinerie' - passes the time, while we all wait for the new PhaseOne body ..

eronald

• My gallery on Instagram
« Reply #126 on: May 06, 2015, 06:55:37 pm »

Piggy mud pit ? Well, at least, in the most part, it's one laced with a healthy dose of camaraderie and affectionate 'taquinerie' - passes the time, while we all wait for the new PhaseOne body ..

An enjoyable warm mudbath, no? Helps us wait for the 56MP full format 35mm Sony sensor - let's have realistic goals in life :)  

Edmund
« Last Edit: May 07, 2015, 10:01:10 am by eronald »
If you appreciate my blog posts help me by following on https://instagram.com/edmundronald

ciccio

« Reply #127 on: May 07, 2015, 09:55:07 am »

still waiting a clear answer about the future of phase one....best.

Kolor-Pikker

« Reply #128 on: May 07, 2015, 11:48:58 am »

The thread was clearly started with a humorous and slightly mischievous tinge.
Dangerous thing to do on the internet. I know that Ed is trying to be funny, but it's lead to 7 pages of nothing. No one is ever going to read the contents of this thread except the dozen people who posted.

Steve Hendrix, much to his credit, responded in kind. Doug Petersen similarly although Doug, true to form, couldn't resist the opportunity to be - how best to phrase it ? - 'un peu économique avec les actualités '
Not going to answer for them, but I can imagine that their position requires them to be diplomatic, a company representative is expected to smile and answer kindly, lest they paint their company in a bad light.

Dshelly

• Darryl Shelly Photography
« Reply #129 on: May 07, 2015, 12:03:03 pm »

Of course, nothing has been learned from this thread, but at the very least, we can all take mud baths, which is supposed to be very nice for one's skin. :)

Manoli

« Reply #130 on: May 07, 2015, 12:48:27 pm »

No one is ever going to read the contents of this thread except the dozen people who posted.

Almost 7,000 views and counting says 'perhaps not'.

synn

• My fine art portfolio
« Reply #131 on: May 07, 2015, 04:11:16 pm »

Almost 7,000 views and counting says 'perhaps not'.

All the more reasons to point out FUD when one sees it.
my portfolio: www.sandeepmurali.com

LKaven

« Reply #132 on: May 07, 2015, 07:17:01 pm »

So long as a 645Z sells for less than $6k in Japan, revealing the true cost of parts and manufacturing to the rest of the world, there is market stress.  That's the way it is, and that's how it's going to be.

Time to shut this thread down, since it's degenerated into name-calling.  There will be another one along in a few minutes anyway.

eronald

« Reply #133 on: May 08, 2015, 06:47:05 am »

So long as a 645Z sells for less than $6k in Japan, revealing the true cost of parts and manufacturing to the rest of the world, there is market stress.  That's the way it is, and that's how it's going to be.

One cannot fail to notice that Doug and Steve make very good money by selling the same CMOS sensor tech and a much older body at 3x the price: They state they have a growing circle of customers.  As photographers we all know that the Pentax hardware is equivalent to that of the IQ250C, so these customers must attribute a monetary value to Doug and Steve's support and expertise[Note 0, 1]  and the seamless tethering workflow, impeccable color management, and superb renderings of the C1 software [Note 2], well above any perceived value of the hardware components.

I think this is the root cause of the recurring price discussion, no joke: There is a 3x at least price disparity, but some perceive the "invisible" value, and some don't. Doug and Steve say their customer base just budgets for it, which is true (their support is included in the hardware price), while some other forum participants say "Hey guys, I don't sit in a studio with my computer on a cart, I don't retouch Madonna, I don't do 10-dresses-an-hour catalog shoots or deadlines, I don't need your handholding, I want a camera *and* a car, not a camera *or* a car", the last of which is  mostly guy shorthand for either "I am too broke to buy this" or for the self-evident psycho-econometric formula

SAF(IQ250C) = -25000 [Note 3, 4]

However that is not the point of this discussion. What we are trying to understand is why Phase -the company, not Doug, Steve dealers- is not supplying a more modern body, at whatever price is the usual buy-in for the Phase system. Or maybe they have a new body but have chosen not to release it at Photokina for some strange business reason?

Edmund

[Note 0]  I don't think Pentax dealers give out their cellphone numbers, or do much remote software support; I have a feeling Doug or his techs do both.
[Note 1]: Possibly quite a few other Phase dealers do not supply anywhere near the same degree of support or expertise as Doug and Steve. :)
[Note 2]: If C1 supports SLRs for $500, why is it worth $15K when it is employed with a Sony MF sensor?
[Note 3]: This gender-agnostic formula reads as "My spouse is going to kill me, and remodel the kitchen with furniture lovingly carved from my bones if I buy this ".
[Note 4]: Some economists offer a more rigorous interpretation involving cremation ashes and a cat litter tray.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2015, 08:52:31 pm by eronald »
If you appreciate my blog posts help me by following on https://instagram.com/edmundronald

ciccio

« Reply #134 on: May 08, 2015, 10:11:00 am »

:)good analysis ++++
the main thing is to see what happen by end of november ... when sony and canon will be available to buy.
dracula will start to vampirize our beloved phase.......
best.

Chris Valites

• Capture Integration
« Reply #135 on: May 08, 2015, 02:36:03 pm »

[Note 0]  I don't think Pentax dealers give out their cellphone numbers, or do much remote software support; I have a feeling Doug or his techs do both.
[Note 1]: Possibly quite a few other Phase dealers do not supply anywhere near the same degree of support or expertise as Doug and Steve. :)
[Note 2]: If C1 supports SLRs for $500, why is it worth $15K when it is employed with a Sony MF sensor?
[Note 3]: This gender-agnostic formula reads as "My spouse is going to kill me, and remodel the kitchen with furniture lovingly carved from my bones if I buy this ".
[Note 4]: Some economists offer a more rigorous interpretation involving cremation ashes and a cat litter tray.

We ALL have our phone numbers listed on our website; every single person in the company is accessible via their listed cell. I can't speak for Doug but I expect he'd be happy to do the same.

As for the SAF formula, I was happily thinking to myself, "Ah, something I don't personally have to worry about!"

Then I realized I'm married to my student loan debt...heh.

I'll have to save the formula for the future though :)
Chris Valites
Research, Marketing & Support, Capture Integration(e-mail Me)
MFDB: Phase One/Leaf-Mamiya/Hasselblad/Leica/Sinar
TechCam: Alpa/Cambo/Arca Swiss/Sinar
Direct: 716.913.7936

Doug Peterson

• http://www.doug-peterson.com
« Reply #136 on: May 08, 2015, 05:57:51 pm »

We ALL have our phone numbers listed on our website; every single person in the company is accessible via their listed cell. I can't speak for Doug but I expect he'd be happy to do the same.

You can in fact speak for me... just look below my signature on every forum post :).

Chris Valites

• Capture Integration
« Reply #137 on: May 08, 2015, 06:03:46 pm »

Perfect! But the only person I really still want to speak for is the tax man. Oddly enough, he doesn't like when I say I owe nothing.

;D
Chris Valites
Research, Marketing & Support, Capture Integration(e-mail Me)
MFDB: Phase One/Leaf-Mamiya/Hasselblad/Leica/Sinar
TechCam: Alpa/Cambo/Arca Swiss/Sinar
Direct: 716.913.7936

ciccio

« Reply #138 on: May 14, 2015, 10:28:26 am »

will be even more fun when hasselblad will introduce their version of the full frame cmos.... :)

eronald

« Reply #139 on: May 14, 2015, 06:36:39 pm »

will be even more fun when hasselblad will introduce their version of the full frame cmos.... :)

Indeed, Winter is coming :)

Edmund
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10   Go Up