Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: Capture One Pro 8 available now!  (Read 39481 times)

Dennishh

Re: Capture One Pro 8 available now!
« Reply #40 on: September 16, 2014, 09:39:35 pm »

$299 seems a little bit much! Compered to lightroom at $9.90 a month your going to have a tough time. Capture one is a very good program, but most of the time it crashes and takes massive amounts of time to recover. Should have keep it at $199.00

Daniel Salazar

« Reply #41 on: September 16, 2014, 10:32:52 pm »

$299 seems a little bit much! Compered to lightroom at $9.90 a month your going to have a tough time. Capture one is a very good program, but most of the time it crashes and takes massive amounts of time to recover. Should have keep it at $199.00

Quality is the answer, version 9 is pretty stable and fast

Another Paul

« Reply #42 on: September 16, 2014, 11:44:17 pm »

Looks to be a great upgrade so far. I have not explored all the new features but there are two immediate advantages that justify the cost of the new version:

1. Capture One Pro 8 is seriously fast on a 2013 Mac Pro with D700s GPUs. There is a very noticeable speed increase over v7 on a test 30K image referenced catalog mainly of Nikon D800 RAW files.

2. The catalog can now see all my processed TIFFs (photoshop, exported for print etc.) making Capture One finally useable for asset management with my workflow. This was a previous complaint of mine and I am glad they have addressed it.

There must be some bugs, but so far the software is completely stable.

David Grover / Capture One

• Capture One
« Reply #43 on: September 17, 2014, 03:30:49 am »

Why didn't you announce at the same time that you are abandoning all the C1 7 Express users.
C1 7 Express version 7.2.3 that I just paid for, will not even work on my computer (admitted known problem by support),
and I'm guessing there will not be a version 7.2.4 at this point.

Sam

Hi Sam,

Actually you have not been left behind at all.  If you check the pricing for upgrades you are going to be paying the same as a previous pro customer.  So you have a killer deal.

If you don't want the additional features in Pro... just turn 'em off!

D
David Grover
Business Support and Development Manager

• Capture One
« Reply #44 on: September 17, 2014, 03:35:09 am »

Then you could subscribe for 8 Euros a month which actually gives you two licences.

David Grover

Paul2660

• Photos of Arkansas
« Reply #45 on: September 17, 2014, 08:10:22 am »

It good that Phase One has this offering for new users and still offers the 99.00 upgrade cost for users who have been in the fold for years (3.x for me ).

I hope the phase subscription works like Adobe in that you can download the win or MAC version and install unlimited times ( beyond 2 machines).  But you can only get to have 2 machines active at any time.

So far the Adobe system has worked well in that regard.

Paul
Paul Caldwell
Little Rock, Arkansas U.S.
www.photosofarkansas.com

barryfitzgerald

« Reply #46 on: September 17, 2014, 10:13:36 am »

Does this support lossy DNG raw files?

deejjjaaaa

« Reply #47 on: September 17, 2014, 10:23:26 am »

Does this support lossy DNG raw files?
which camera has an option to write lossy DNG as a native raw format ?

Dennishh

« Reply #48 on: September 17, 2014, 10:43:45 am »

I must apologize for my overreaction about pricing in capture one. Capture one upgrade process is to say the least a little confusing so when I was trying to use the new version it told me I had to pay $299 for an upgrade. I spoke to tech support who clarified the subject and like you guys said it's $99 for the upgrade which is totally acceptable for a product as good as capture one. I installed it on my travel laptop without any problems with no crashes. This is definitely an improvement and I can't wait to try it with my D 800e and my Sony A7R. Thanks you all for settling me down.

ario

« Reply #49 on: September 17, 2014, 12:01:06 pm »

which camera has an option to write lossy DNG as a native raw format ?
Leica M8 and M9 for instance.

deejjjaaaa

« Reply #50 on: September 17, 2014, 01:23:58 pm »

Leica M8 and M9 for instance.
and do they write _lossy_ (not compressed vs uncompressed - but lossy vs lossless) DNG ? 

chrisgibbs

• www.chrisgibbs.com
« Reply #51 on: September 17, 2014, 01:27:28 pm »

What about importing video files off a DSLR card into the catalogue?  I can import the stills, but the not the video, after import my stills are there but there's only a blank placeholder for a video file with no actual video or poster frame!

Please advise if I'm missing something here!!!!

PBC

• http://www.philcorley.com
« Reply #52 on: September 17, 2014, 02:21:27 pm »

.  Torger has seen all the raw files from all 3 50MP (Phase, Hasselblad, Pentax) and as I understand it, you can convert the raw from the 645z to emulate the IQ250, then open it in C1.

Can someone tell me how to do this?

Thanks

Phil

jjj

• http://www.futtfuttfuttphotography.com
« Reply #53 on: September 17, 2014, 09:27:43 pm »

We have had little to no demand for support of that camera.  Easiest way to add your vote is to make a support case for us to support it.
Ooh, that not going to entice people into to committing to your software, if you may not be able to use it with any future camera purchases.   :(
If using LR/PS, you don't have to ask Adobe to add support for new cameras as they try and add all cameras as quickly as they can do.
I also seem to vaguely recall that C1 doesn't recognise all DNG files, is that (still) true?
Tradition is the Backbone of the Spinele

deejjjaaaa

« Reply #54 on: September 18, 2014, 12:52:18 am »

I also seem to vaguely recall that C1 doesn't recognise all DNG files, is that (still) true?

C1 supports DNG when it is a sole raw format written by a camera's firmware, like Leica or Ricoh...

jjj

« Reply #55 on: September 18, 2014, 08:35:07 am »

C1 supports DNG when it is a sole raw format written by a camera's firmware, like Leica or Ricoh...
So does that mean yes to my question? That C1 still doesn't support DNG properly
Bearing in mind one of the main purposes of DNG is to standardise things. So for example, that files can be read without having to pointlessly update software for each new camera model. The only difference often being just the new model name in the raw file.

• Capture One
« Reply #56 on: September 18, 2014, 08:47:34 am »

So does that mean yes to my question? That C1 still doesn't support DNG properly
Bearing in mind one of the main purposes of DNG is to standardise things. So for example, that files can be read without having to pointlessly update software for each new camera model. The only difference often being just the new model name in the raw file.

Well thats the grand DNG debate.  If the purpose of DNG was to standardise things, then that would require the manufacturers to adopt it across the board... which they haven't.
David Grover

deejjjaaaa

« Reply #57 on: September 18, 2014, 09:54:21 am »

C1 does not support DNG standard - it supports working with certain raw files as written by camera's firmware (like DxO does) from/as listed models, where DNG (like Pentax models with PEF/DNG) is only an option it does not support it (may or may not work to your liking, most probably won't)

So for example, that files can be read without having to pointlessly update software for each new camera model.

I will address a very narrow item in a broad DNG discussion - P1 needs to create their own camera profiles and a lot of people use C1 specifically for their colors hence DNG does not address this problem at all.

jjj

« Reply #58 on: September 18, 2014, 11:12:39 am »

Well thats the grand DNG debate.  If the purpose of DNG was to standardise things, then that would require the manufacturers to adopt it across the board... which they haven't.
Different issue altogether. I'm talking about C1 not recognising some DNG files that do exist which are a standard, which seems absurd. Not entirely impressed by the unprofessional we'll add support if you ask nicely attitude. Particularly if there are unsupported cameras, despite the fact that they output DNG.

deejjjaaaa

« Reply #59 on: September 18, 2014, 11:26:03 am »

Different issue altogether. I'm talking about C1 not recognising some DNG files that do exist which are a standard, which seems absurd.

there are many absurd things around... one of them is to convert original raw files as written by a camera to DNG /baiting/
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Up