Show us some Abstracts!

Started by Eric Myrvaagnes, January 21, 2014, 10:24:13 am

Eric Myrvaagnes

-Eric Myrvaagnes (visit my website: http://myrvaagnes.com)

John R

April 09, 2019, 02:55:41 pm #3641 Last Edit: April 09, 2019, 03:12:42 pm by John R
Quote from: Eric Myrvaagnes on April 09, 2019, 11:22:01 am
Super! Simple, elegant, powerful.
Thanks Eric. Sometimes I make lines with the camera and create a flow; sometimes nature makes the lines and I watch the flow.

JR


Arlen

Moody and surreal, John. I like it.

Eric Myrvaagnes

-Eric Myrvaagnes (visit my website: http://myrvaagnes.com)

John R

April 10, 2019, 11:18:43 am #3644 Last Edit: April 12, 2019, 08:54:02 pm by John R
Thanks again, Eric and Arlen. Moving on to spring and summer pastures.

JR


John R

April 14, 2019, 06:04:07 pm #3645 Last Edit: April 14, 2019, 11:26:59 pm by John R
From vortex to gentle turbulence, or maybe charcoal sketch.

JR






Arlen

They're all interesting, John, but I particularly like the charcoal sketch.


Chris Calohan

Tree Cutter - last limbs to have to come down six months after the storm...trying times, trying times... The third image is just for clarification as to what's happening in the first image.
If it Ain't Broke, Leave it Alone; if it is Broke, Fix it; if it's a Maybe, Play With it - Who Knows

John R

Quote from: Arlen on April 15, 2019, 10:34:04 am
They're all interesting, John, but I particularly like the charcoal sketch.
Thanks Arlen. It seems some of my ICM images lend themselves very well to this bw charcoal look.

JR


Arlen

Quote from: John R on April 15, 2019, 06:45:08 pm
Thanks Arlen. It seems some of my ICM images lend themselves very well to this bw charcoal look.

JR




Yes and this is another one. Very nice.

John R


Eric Myrvaagnes

Oh, man! These are good, John.
-Eric Myrvaagnes (visit my website: http://myrvaagnes.com)

John R

Quote from: Eric Myrvaagnes on April 16, 2019, 04:30:45 pm
Oh, man! These are good, John.
Hey thanks! Do you know what the actually subject is?

JR

Eric Myrvaagnes

Quote from: John R on April 16, 2019, 09:43:18 pm
Hey thanks! Do you know what the actually subject is?

JR
Could be water, hair, finger paint, an accidental shutter-click while tripping over a tree root, or ...
You can tell me if you want to, but it won't make me like the images any less.   :)
-Eric Myrvaagnes (visit my website: http://myrvaagnes.com)

John R

April 16, 2019, 10:43:52 pm #3655 Last Edit: April 17, 2019, 11:09:32 am by John R
Quote from: Eric Myrvaagnes on April 16, 2019, 10:22:02 pm
Could be water, hair, finger paint, an accidental shutter-click while tripping over a tree root, or ...
You can tell me if you want to, but it won't make me like the images any less.   :)
I am much amused by the "accidental shutter-click while tripping over a tree root" guess. I should go with that. You got it, moving water. Thanks again for your comments.

JR
(edit: added one last image)


John R

A little sunlight, a little sprinkle.

JR


John R


sdwilsonsct

Inspiring work, as always, John.

Query: how are you posting these images so that they fit within my screen?

Lately, it seems that every other image posted in the forum is too big for the screen, so that I have to scroll right and left to see the whole thing.

Thanks!

John R

Quote from: sdwilsonsct on April 19, 2019, 11:57:51 am
Inspiring work, as always, John.

Query: how are you posting these images so that they fit within my screen?

Lately, it seems that every other image posted in the forum is too big for the screen, so that I have to scroll right and left to see the whole thing.

Thanks!
Thank you. I copy my images to my site at 1000 pix long by abt. 700 high. I then copy it from the site at medium (abt 600 x 400) or large (abt 800 x 600) I too find anything over abt 1000 does not fit on my 25 inch screen!!

JR