Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11   Go Down

Author Topic: Photoshop CC & Lightroom 5 for €9.99 per month...12 month contract.  (Read 44680 times)

MikeChambers

Re: Photoshop CC & Lightroom 5 for €9.99 per month...12 month contract.
« Reply #40 on: November 22, 2013, 05:00:25 pm »

Just so you guys are clear (some seem are not) it says right on the Adobe site that the $9.99/mos price is ONLY for the first year, then you are renewed at the REGULAR price (double, right now).  It's not $9.99 forever.

No, that is wrong. The regular price for this program is $9.99. You are renewed at what that price is when you renew, which is currently $9.99. It may go up or down in the future, but we dont have any plans to change it.

The regular price for a single app subscription is $19.99, however, that is different than the photography program.

mike chambers

mesh@adobe.com

kaelaria

• http://www.bgpictures.com
« Reply #41 on: November 22, 2013, 05:08:27 pm »

Then you guys need to fix the wording on your Terms page:  Renewal
After the first 12 months, we will automatically renew your contract based on the current price of the offering.

kaelaria

« Reply #42 on: November 22, 2013, 05:14:22 pm »

Just to clarify, here's my confusion.  The Photography program is on special until the 2nd at $9.99 right?  But you say that's the regular price?  So what's the special?  If the whole deal is that it's only available till the 2nd, are you saying the ONLY people that will be able to even get it will be those that signed up right now and renew next year?  If not, and it will be available after the 2nd, then it must be at a higher price, otherwise, what's the special?  But you say that $9.99 is the regular price and that's the planed renewal.  So please clarify completely - what is so special about the current 'deal'?  If it's indeed $9.99 for renewals as well, I'll sign up right now.

tuthill

« Reply #43 on: November 22, 2013, 05:14:37 pm »

Then you guys need to fix the wording on your Terms page:  Renewal
After the first 12 months, we will automatically renew your contract based on the current price of the offering.

I think the wording is perfectly clear.  The current price today is $9.99 and the current price in a year will either be $9.99 or something lower or higher than that ie. whatever is current a year from now.  Why are so many having a problem with this?

kaelaria

« Reply #44 on: November 22, 2013, 05:17:13 pm »

Oh I think it just occurred to me - the whole 'deal' until the 2nd is not the products or price, simply that the requirement for certain prior product purchase is lifted?

tuthill

« Reply #45 on: November 22, 2013, 05:17:28 pm »

Just to clarify, here's my confusion.  The Photography program is on special until the 2nd at $9.99 right?  But you say that's the regular price?  So what's the special?  If the whole deal is that it's only available till the 2nd, are you saying the ONLY people that will be able to even get it will be those that signed up right now and renew next year?  If not, and it will be available after the 2nd, then it must be at a higher price, otherwise, what's the special?  But you say that $9.99 is the regular price and that's the planed renewal.  So please clarify completely - what is so special about the current 'deal'?  If it's indeed $9.99 for renewals as well, I'll sign up right now.

It's on special to allow those who do not presently own a Photoshop CS3 - CS6 license to subscribe.  After December 2 the terms revert to requiring the CS2 - CS6 license.

kaelaria

« Reply #46 on: November 22, 2013, 05:20:14 pm »

Cool I just purchased :)

Bart_van_der_Wolf

« Reply #47 on: November 22, 2013, 05:49:05 pm »

Cool I just purchased :)

Hi,

Let us know if you get charged for 6 months the second month, and how that is explained to go after 6 months. That is still a mystery. The penalty for early termination that Mike mentioned is not described anywhere in the terms and conditions.

All I can find on the current Terms page (Termination section 20.1) is: "Any fees paid by you prior to your termination are not refundable. Termination of your account shall not relieve you of any obligation to pay any accrued fees or charges." There is no mention of a penalty, so I'm still wondering what Mike meant, or confirmed.

Cheers,
Bart
== If you do what you did, you'll get what you got. ==

Steve Weldon

• Bangkok Images
« Reply #48 on: November 22, 2013, 05:49:55 pm »

It's on special to allow those who do not presently own a Photoshop CS3 - CS6 license to subscribe.  After December 2 the terms revert to requiring the CS2 - CS6 license.

1.  Or until Adobe realizes its new model is still falling flat, and then it will probably offer a few more deals.. and depending how they go maybe even more deals.  What they don't want to accept is this subscription idea isn't going down as well as they thought it might.  
----------------------------------------------
http://www.BangkokImages.com

kaelaria

kaelaria

« Reply #50 on: November 22, 2013, 05:55:02 pm »

Hey Mike, since you're here maybe you can answer this.  Why do your apps when installing, use the largest volume drive available rather than the system, C: or installation drive?  I've seen other poorly coded apps during install doing this also - it's obvious because when my DROBO is on, that is always my largest drive - but it's SLOW compared to my SSD, where I'm actually installing the apps.  So I get this huge brake put on the install, the DROBO starts clicking and sure enough I look to see all these install temp files being written by the installer.  Might mention it to the programmers to fix the install routines, to use the install drive, NOT the 'largest' seen.

Bart_van_der_Wolf

« Reply #51 on: November 22, 2013, 05:56:33 pm »

It's in the terms page, of the deal link: http://www.adobe.com/store/en_us/popup/offer/ccm_photoshop_app_offer.html

Ah, great, another set of terms. At least these are clearer, they just don't mention that 50% of the annual price will be billed on month 2, if that is indeed the case as mentioned somewhere else on the web.

Cheers,
Bart

jrsforums

« Reply #52 on: November 22, 2013, 06:04:54 pm »

Ah, great, another set of terms. At least these are clearer, they just don't mention that 50% of the annual price will be billed on month 2, if that is indeed the case as mentioned somewhere else on the web.

Cheers,
Bart

Cancellation
We'd hate to see you go, but if you cancel within the first 30 days starting from your contract date, we'll give you a full refund. Otherwise, you'll be billed 50% of your remaining contract obligation for the cancellation or removal of seats. If you ever need to cancel, just call Customer Support.

Seems pretty clear to me....50% due only if you cancel.
John

tuthill

« Reply #53 on: November 22, 2013, 06:12:22 pm »

Hi,

Let us know if you get charged for 6 months the second month, and how that is explained to go after 6 months. That is still a mystery. The penalty for early termination that Mike mentioned is not described anywhere in the terms and conditions.

Can't speak for every where in the world but my annual subscription is billed every month.  I've never heard of them billing for 6 months after the first month but perhaps it does in some parts of the world.  I'm in Canada.

Bart_van_der_Wolf

« Reply #54 on: November 22, 2013, 06:32:32 pm »

Seems pretty clear to me....50% due only if you cancel.

Hi John,

I agree, in those terms it seems clear, although the strange thing is that those didn't show up when I clicked on the terms link attached to the Dutch page offer (for € 12,29, or at the current exchange rate US$ 16.66 incl.VAT, per month for an annual commitment) ...

Cheers,
Bart

P.S. And now the terms have changed to something similar (in Dutch) as in the link kalearia posted. It's like trying to hit a moving target ...
« Last Edit: November 22, 2013, 06:49:16 pm by BartvanderWolf »

MikeChambers

« Reply #55 on: November 22, 2013, 06:46:11 pm »

Cheers,
Bart

That is not correct. We don't bill 50% on month 2. If you cancel early from a year long membership program, there is a 50% fee. If you do a monthly program, there is no such fee.

You get billed the same each month.

mike chambers

mesh@adobe.com

Bart_van_der_Wolf

« Reply #56 on: November 22, 2013, 06:51:18 pm »

You get billed the same each month.

Thanks Mike, that makes more sense.

Cheers,
Bart

Christoph C. Feldhaim

• There is no rule! No - wait ...
« Reply #57 on: November 22, 2013, 06:52:14 pm »

For me its over. Shortly before the offer was there I bought CS6 ... :P

kers

• Pieter Kers
« Reply #58 on: November 22, 2013, 07:10:24 pm »

If Adobe changes their plans and prices every week- and -in the meantime - losing all their creditcard numbers to hackers:
it seems to me they loose on their credibility. At least that is how i feel it.
Credibility is something you have to built up slowly but can be broken down in a second...as they showed.
I will wait and see if they are building again before i decide to switch to CC no matter what the price.
CS6 is my buggiest Photoshop version but i know at least it will open my photographs now and in the future without extra fees - anytime...

Pieter Kers
www.beeld.nu/la

Steve Weldon

• Bangkok Images
« Reply #59 on: November 22, 2013, 07:29:18 pm »

If Adobe changes their plans and prices every week- and -in the meantime - losing all their creditcard numbers to hackers:
it seems to me they loose on their credibility. At least that is how i feel it.
Credibility is something you have to built up slowly but can be broken down in a second...as they showed.
I will wait and see if they are building again before i decide to switch to CC no matter what the price.
CS6 is my buggiest Photoshop version but i know at least it will open my photographs now and in the future without extra fees - anytime...

This is exactly why everyone is reading the fine print and asking all the questions.  This would have never happened six  months ago.  Adobe might not know it yet but it's called a death spiral.
----------------------------------------------
http://www.BangkokImages.com
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11   Go Up