Pages: 1 ... 142 143 [144] 145 146 147   Go Down

Author Topic: Re: Recent Professional Works 2  (Read 1206386 times)

MichaelEzra

• https://www.michaelezra.com
Re: Recent Professional Works 2
« Reply #2860 on: June 07, 2019, 08:44:16 am »

I will be showing a few small prints at the exhibition opening today in Jersey City 6-8 PM.
389 Washington Street, Jersey City, NJ 07302

https://michaelezra.com/contemporary-art-exhibition-2019-06-07
Stop by!

JKNIGHT

« Reply #2861 on: June 12, 2019, 06:29:13 am »

Why are bcooter's images blocked? All I see is a blank rectangle with a "?" inside.

Rob C

« Reply #2862 on: June 12, 2019, 07:37:17 am »

And a couple with her from 19 years ago, the days of film:

Beautiful she is; even more so would she appear were you using film in the later, colour ones.

IMO
« Last Edit: June 12, 2019, 08:22:51 am by Rob C »

Eric Myrvaagnes

• http://myrvaagnes.com
    • http://myrvaagnes.com
« Reply #2863 on: June 12, 2019, 08:04:34 pm »

Why are bcooter's images blocked? All I see is a blank rectangle with a "?" inside.
They show just fine to me. Problem with your browser?
-Eric Myrvaagnes (visit my website: http://myrvaagnes.com)

Rob C

« Reply #2864 on: June 13, 2019, 06:36:56 am »

It's okay in mine, too.

Rob

JKNIGHT

« Reply #2865 on: June 14, 2019, 04:43:45 am »

I have tried Safari, Google and Firefox  (all latest versions)-  still no images for bcooter.

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
Re: Re: Recent Professional Works 2
« Reply #2866 on: June 14, 2019, 10:12:19 am »

I have tried Safari, Google and Firefox  (all latest versions)-  still no images for bcooter.

If my memory is correct, he deleted a lot (all?) of his images when the main site became subscription based.

Rob C

« Reply #2867 on: June 15, 2019, 11:07:32 am »

His last post in this thread shows the pic: portait, Faces of London.

No hassle at all.

Rob

JKNIGHT

« Reply #2868 on: June 16, 2019, 10:23:45 pm »

Thanks for clarifying the situation with bcooter.

UlfKrentz

• http://www.shoots.de
« Reply #2869 on: June 28, 2019, 05:17:08 pm »

Long time since I last contributed here... Some still frames from Red Helium motion clips. I really enjoy the variety to sometimes work with continous lights and a motion camera. Some more over here: https://salve-magazine.de/eyecatcher/

D Fuller

• AirStream Pictures
« Reply #2870 on: June 30, 2019, 10:07:47 pm »

Long time since I last contributed here... Some still frames from Red Helium motion clips. I really enjoy the variety to sometimes work with continous lights and a motion camera. Some more over here: https://salve-magazine.de/eyecatcher/

Ulf , these are brilliant. Not just the photography, but the styling as well. So good to see here!
business website: www.airstream.pictures
blog: thirtynineframes.com/blog

D Fuller

• AirStream Pictures
« Reply #2871 on: June 30, 2019, 10:14:02 pm »

No that's not true.  Long before the subscription based site, something happened to my postings.  Chris said it was from their end, It could have been me hitting the wrong button.

But for reference I've only personally take down 2 to 5 images and only because some people not nice was wrote hateful things about the subjects I photographed in reply.  So I removed those as the subjects didn't deserve this and at worst it could hurt their family, friends and income.

Going from the start, with Michael I never would or did delete anything.  He got it and took care of it.

I really liked Michael, miss him though we had our moments we would speak directly and it always worked it out to the positive.

Going forward I wish the best for Josh.

I do view the discussion forum from time to time, but became tired of dr, camera/sensor centric babble.   I just didn't have the will or time to become involved. 

In fact there are about 7 prolific posters that I never have to read because I am positive what they are going to say.  One will post about their camera is the best, the next will hope that a high end camera maker goes bust.  Why would anybody waste their time on that?  Especially I know a few that have never used what they think is great or bad.

For my studios we are still working, producing large projects, though once the politics on this forum started, I could see a turn.  The moderators did their best to hold it down, but there was no stopping it.

Personally we are consumed and continue to place our business ahead of other issues.  I recently lost both parents that took time to manage, more than I ever thought would happen and had to hire a groups of professionals to handle it as we put our work first, even though our hearts were aching.

I loved this forum, found it to be a few minutes to get my head out of my work, but as stated have found less joy in it, not because of Josh, but the postings.

I respect the people that post, even if I do not agree, but would love to see more art and less talk about sensors, pixels, brands, or whatever doesn't really interest me.

I love the imagery Ulf just posted and the expert advice he gives on lighting and equipment.  Years ago there were 30 serious professionals, asking questions, answering questions and I would have thought producing such incredible stills from a movie camera people  would line up writing way to go, great imagery, how did you do this with a RED camera, but when I looked it was silent.

I appreciate the people like Ulf, and the few others that share with imagery they've produced.

I used to try to always show an image that made a point, but it becomes more difficult.

My last little rant here is give Josh a break.   He lost his Dad, I know the feeling, many do and it's horrible. But he is trying his best to bring art into science.   He''s not doing what his predecessor did and line himself up with every camera maker.  He trying to make it unique and finding his way.

I don't know Josh, never had communication with him, but I have a pretty good idea what he's up against, so rather than diss each other, talk politics, scream brand worship, how about following his lead and make this a better place.

In fact with permission I'd be glad to pay to post.   Josh can set the price.

IMO

BC

Good to see you, Cooter. Iā€™m sorry about your parents. I know that loss too well, and how difficult it is to concentrate on the work when going through that.

All the best,

D
business website: www.airstream.pictures
blog: thirtynineframes.com/blog

BernardLanguillier

• http://www.flickr.com/photos/bernardlanguillier/sets/
« Reply #2872 on: July 01, 2019, 12:53:22 am »

I recently lost both parents that took time to manage, more than I ever thought would happen and had to hire a groups of professionals to handle it as we put our work first, even though our hearts were aching.

Hi Cooter,

Really sorry to hear about your loss. I can imagine how tough it must be to go through that while being held to a busy professional agenda.

Beautiful image btw.

Best regards,
Bernard

Wolfman

• www.bernardwolf.com
« Reply #2873 on: July 01, 2019, 01:10:30 am »

No that's not true.  Long before the subscription based site, something happened to my postings.  Chris said it was from their end, It could have been me hitting the wrong button.

But for reference I've only personally take down 2 to 5 images and only because some people not nice was wrote hateful things about the subjects I photographed in reply.  So I removed those as the subjects didn't deserve this and at worst it could hurt their family, friends and income.

Going from the start, with Michael I never would or did delete anything.  He got it and took care of it.

I really liked Michael, miss him though we had our moments we would speak directly and it always worked it out to the positive.

Going forward I wish the best for Josh.

I do view the discussion forum from time to time, but became tired of dr, camera/sensor centric babble.   I just didn't have the will or time to become involved. 

In fact there are about 7 prolific posters that I never have to read because I am positive what they are going to say.  One will post about their camera is the best, the next will hope that a high end camera maker goes bust.  Why would anybody waste their time on that?  Especially I know a few that have never used what they think is great or bad.

For my studios we are still working, producing large projects, though once the politics on this forum started, I could see a turn.  The moderators did their best to hold it down, but there was no stopping it.

Personally we are consumed and continue to place our business ahead of other issues.  I recently lost both parents that took time to manage, more than I ever thought would happen and had to hire a groups of professionals to handle it as we put our work first, even though our hearts were aching.

I loved this forum, found it to be a few minutes to get my head out of my work, but as stated have found less joy in it, not because of Josh, but the postings.

I respect the people that post, even if I do not agree, but would love to see more art and less talk about sensors, pixels, brands, or whatever doesn't really interest me.

I love the imagery Ulf just posted and the expert advice he gives on lighting and equipment.  Years ago there were 30 serious professionals, asking questions, answering questions and I would have thought producing such incredible stills from a movie camera people  would line up writing way to go, great imagery, how did you do this with a RED camera, but when I looked it was silent.

I appreciate the people like Ulf, and the few others that share with imagery they've produced.

I used to try to always show an image that made a point, but it becomes more difficult.

My last little rant here is give Josh a break.   He lost his Dad, I know the feeling, many do and it's horrible. But he is trying his best to bring art into science.   He''s not doing what his predecessor did and line himself up with every camera maker.  He trying to make it unique and finding his way.

I don't know Josh, never had communication with him, but I have a pretty good idea what he's up against, so rather than diss each other, talk politics, scream brand worship, how about following his lead and make this a better place.

In fact with permission I'd be glad to pay to post.   Josh can set the price.

IMO

BC

Thank you for posting B. Cooter. I have always enjoyed your postings and images. Thanks for posting some good common sense in this post. You are your correct in your description of this forum. I don't know you but wish you well concerning your loss.

Jeremy Roussak

• Administrator
    • site
« Reply #2874 on: July 01, 2019, 03:12:32 am »

That isn't accurate. When political discussion got out of hand, I banned it and it stopped. I have recently rescinded that ban and, I am interested to note, while the topic has been resurrected in several threads, and while generally (as with all political discussions) the heat/light ratio is regrettable, I have not (yet) been forced to suspend anyone's ability to post.

Jeremy

32BT

• Pictures
« Reply #2875 on: July 01, 2019, 04:42:31 am »

That isn't accurate. When political discussion got out of hand, I banned it and it stopped. I have recently rescinded that ban and, I am interested to note, while the topic has been resurrected in several threads, and while generally (as with all political discussions) the heat/light ratio is regrettable, I have not (yet) been forced to suspend anyone's ability to post.

Jeremy

It's not about the out-of-hand and banning, it's about the animosity that permeates to the rest of the forum and remains over time. In addition, as interesting as it may be for some, it starts to become a bit skewed if the few political threads in the coffee corner draw more attention, reaction, and uninformed opinion, than any of the gear or art threads ever did.

That said, I don't personally have a problem with the politics, but I do notice a significant decrease in visual contributions and an inability of this forum to welcome and retain potential contributors. No, I don't have a solution, but the fierceness in politics doesn't seem to help the accommodating nature required to welcome new visitors.
Regards,
~ O ~
If you can stomach it: pictures

UlfKrentz

• http://www.shoots.de
« Reply #2876 on: July 01, 2019, 05:13:40 am »

BC, sorry for your loss. I feel your pain, unfortunately I had to go through the same situation last year. All the best!

MichaelEzra

« Reply #2877 on: July 01, 2019, 07:41:33 am »

BC, sincere condolences, sorry for your loss.

KLaban

• Keith Laban Photography
« Reply #2878 on: July 02, 2019, 12:31:02 pm »

...For my studios we are still working, producing large projects, though once the politics on this forum started, I could see a turn.  The moderators did their best to hold it down, but there was no stopping it...

My bold, and apologies for the big snip.

I wish I could separate a photographer's work and experience from their political and social scribblings, but unfortunately I can't. I'm saddened by the shift of emphasis here from work to words, words that have little if anything to do with image making. I admit that this could indeed be my problem rather than that of those who see this place as a suitable platform for their own brand of political commentary and belief.

BC, so sorry to hear of your parent's passing: difficult times.   

MichaelEzra

« Reply #2879 on: July 19, 2019, 08:32:08 am »

Shot on 645z, recent edit with painterly/cinematic look

Pages: 1 ... 142 143 [144] 145 146 147   Go Up