Pages: 1 ... 144 145 [146] 147   Go Down

Author Topic: Re: Recent Professional Works 2  (Read 1208201 times)

Craig Lamson

• Craig Lamson Photo Homepage
Re: Recent Professional Works 2
« Reply #2900 on: August 01, 2019, 09:04:51 am »

Where oh where do I put the chair....
Craig Lamson Photo

JoeKitchen

« Reply #2901 on: August 01, 2019, 09:42:59 am »

I dont know if I could work in such tight spaces 24/7.  Nice work Craig.

Here are a few more from a golf resort we shot last month.  The large dining room took a lot of planning and convincing to let me shoot it at sunrise, and also thinking about how to deal with that overbearing chandelier. 

"Photography is one percent inspiration and ninety-nine percent

Harold Clark

« Reply #2902 on: August 01, 2019, 11:05:05 am »

Here are some images that I really liked from a recent shoot.  By the looks of the first three images, you may think this project is rather secluded but is actually in a well populated shore point.  The high dunes and the fact it is the closest house to the beach really allowed for a remote feel in some of the images. 

For the first shot, we tried one without the car but I felt the image lost something.  Perhaps it was too much empty road or a lesser humane feeling.  The car just feels so natural and adds a connection to civilization. 

In other news, I was just able to pick up an used SK 28mm XL Super Digitar.  I am waiting patiently for a new back plate to arrive today so test it out.

Very nice work Joe, I especially like the way you have managed to isolate the building so it doesn't look like it is sitting in a subdivision.

JoeKitchen

« Reply #2903 on: August 01, 2019, 11:32:23 am »

Been there, done that...more times than I want to admit.

Positioning that ceiling fan was another pain in the ...

Craig Lamson

« Reply #2904 on: August 01, 2019, 12:07:21 pm »

Positioning that ceiling fan was another pain in the ...

I don’t see ceiling fans that much anymore but they used to be everywhere in RV’s in the past.  Sometimes I would let them spin and use a longer exposure and record them spinning for a different look.
Craig Lamson Photo

Kirk_C

« Reply #2905 on: August 02, 2019, 11:18:06 pm »

Where oh where do I put the chair....

That's such a clean image. I'm assuming you light one side from the other and then comp images, working from one end to the other as well. Window plates look like you went to the perfect setting and shot separately.

Impressive !

Craig Lamson

« Reply #2906 on: August 03, 2019, 09:04:59 am »

That's such a clean image. I'm assuming you light one side from the other and then comp images, working from one end to the other as well. Window plates look like you went to the perfect setting and shot separately.

Impressive !

Thank you.  Yes, its parts and pieces all mashed up together :). Back in the day when we were shooting these things in our studio on film it was all day hiding small spotlights everywhere and a whole day to shoot a single interior.  Now the business model has changed and we shoot in the factory and generally only have a single day to cover the whole coach.  Shooting strobe has a bit less control than the old tungsten lights but its generally faster and the color is much cleaner...not to mention I can do the entire setups with just 2-20 amp outlets instead of 10. 

This is an old example of hot light studio, in a single exposure.  An all day affair.  I don't remember but I'm guessing 10-12 lights including 2-2k mole fresnels as main window lights.  It must have been 110 degrees inside the unit!

« Last Edit: August 03, 2019, 09:31:35 pm by Craig Lamson »
Craig Lamson Photo

douglevy

• New England Wedding Photographer Doug Levy
« Reply #2907 on: August 21, 2019, 08:16:03 pm »

Keds President, shot for Footwear News
H5X, 50-110 Zoom, IQ3100

JoeKitchen

« Reply #2908 on: August 28, 2019, 07:07:10 pm »

Recently bought an used SK 28mm XL and have been kicking the tires around town with it.  Loving the lens!  Here are two images I shot this week with it. 

On the plus side, I find that the lens is not as unusable with the older backs as was portrayed.  I shoot with an IQ260 and find I can get 12mm & 8mm of shift in horizontal and vertical orientation without effects to color.  I can go as high as 15mm and 12mm with a little extra work in post to bring back the loss to the blue channel.  These are hard cut offs though; after this, the blue channel is destroyed.  Focus starts to fall off here as well, but you could take it to the periphery depending on the composition and final usages (of course, due to lens cast only with the new back or a P45+ and prior). 

First image has 15mm of shift and second has about 12mm. 

You definitely need the CF on this lens.  Light fall off is about 4.5 stops. 
« Last Edit: August 29, 2019, 07:20:24 am by JoeKitchen »

MichaelEzra

• https://www.michaelezra.com
« Reply #2909 on: September 11, 2019, 07:48:04 am »

This was shot back in 2001, 9/11 - 9/14
In memory of my good friend Alexander Lygin, forever missed and remembered.
https://youtu.be/kOiQsznsYr8

MichaelEzra

« Reply #2910 on: November 07, 2019, 09:50:18 am »

I will be showing abstract architectural images at the International Art Festival; Opening is tonight 6-9 PM, 23 Warren Street, New York, NY One Art Space Gallery
This is a group show of 42 American & international artists (I am also one of the organizers). I will be at the gallery all days of the exhibition. Stop by!

ShawnBK

« Reply #2911 on: November 08, 2019, 09:49:06 am »

I will be showing abstract architectural images at the International Art Festival; Opening is tonight 6-9 PM, 23 Warren Street, New York, NY One Art Space Gallery
This is a group show of 42 American & international artists (I am also one of the organizers). I will be at the gallery all days of the exhibition. Stop by!

Congratulations. Wish I could attend but being where I m has its some drawbacks. Would love to see your selections, will you be posting it somewhere on the web?

MichaelEzra

« Reply #2912 on: November 08, 2019, 10:49:45 am »

Hi Shawn, thank you. I posted a few samples from the the Eikos series on my website: https://michaelezra.com/portfolios/eikos

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
Re: Re: Recent Professional Works 2
« Reply #2913 on: November 08, 2019, 12:27:15 pm »

A couple of headshots I did for a photographer friend:

ShawnBK

« Reply #2914 on: November 11, 2019, 02:28:05 pm »

Hi Shawn, thank you. I posted a few samples from the the Eikos series on my website: https://michaelezra.com/portfolios/eikos
Thank you Michael. Also love your triptychs, Sculptural,... looking forward to your posts as always.

JoeKitchen

« Reply #2915 on: December 03, 2019, 11:20:45 am »

I shot this project the first week of October, and actually had to rush to get it scheduled since the mall was decorating for Christmas the following week.  (Unbelievable how holiday decorations keep on going up earlier and earlier, and are now displayed before Halloween even.) 

It was kind of fun.  We used just ambient light and made sure to pick a sunny day.  The first two were shot with the SK 35mm and the last with the SK 28mm.  All captured with an IQ260. 

Funny story about the last one, there was a couch in the foreground that we moved but had a person sleeping on it.  This guy was literally fully asleep in the mall, and in a deep sleep since we could not wake him up, no matter what we did.  Just before we were going to move the couch with him on it, a random lady appeared out of nowhere telling everyone she saw, "that you look very handsome."  This apparently was the magic words; the guy woke up and said thank you. 
« Last Edit: December 03, 2019, 11:26:46 am by JoeKitchen »

Eric Myrvaagnes

• http://myrvaagnes.com
    • http://myrvaagnes.com
« Reply #2916 on: December 03, 2019, 11:46:40 am »

Excellent work as always, Joe.
Thanks for again showing us amateurs what is possible if you know what you are doing.

And that story is hilarious!
-Eric Myrvaagnes (visit my website: http://myrvaagnes.com)

JoeKitchen

« Reply #2917 on: December 03, 2019, 01:23:49 pm »

Thanks Eric. 

Here is another I shot with the SK 28mm, the new John James Audubon Museum, plus a detail shot with the SK 35mm.  I totally lucked out with the lighting here.  The dusk shot is about a minute and 15 second exposure and all of the lights were perfectly set so nothing was over exposed, just by chance.  I don't think I could have preset the lights any better. 

Another fun project and cool project, albeit I had to deal with a lot of bird watcher amateur photographers. 

rread

• Professional Headshots NYC
« Reply #2918 on: December 05, 2019, 12:46:15 pm »

That's great work, Joe. And I love the flower still lifes on your website.

I'm sure you've mentioned it already, but I'm new here and missed it: which tech camera are you using with your IQ back?

JoeKitchen

« Reply #2919 on: December 06, 2019, 09:29:34 am »

That's great work, Joe. And I love the flower still lifes on your website.

I'm sure you've mentioned it already, but I'm new here and missed it: which tech camera are you using with your IQ back?

Thanks Read.  I use an Arca Swiss RM3Di. 
Pages: 1 ... 144 145 [146] 147   Go Up