Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Capture One 7.0.2  (Read 14803 times)

lkuhlmann

Capture One 7.0.2
« on: January 14, 2013, 09:08:46 am »

I am happy to announce the release of Capture One 7.0.2

Features:

• Support for Fuji X-Pro1, X-E1, XF1 .
  • Canon EOS M.
  • sRaw and mRaw support Canon EOS 1D X, 5D Mark III and 6D .
  • Olympus XZ-2 iHS.
  • Sony SLT-A57.
  • Improved stability.
  • Improved support for pen tablets on Windows 8.

http://www.phaseone.com/en/Downloads/Capture-One-7.aspx

-Lionel

Doug Peterson

• http://www.doug-peterson.com
Re: Capture One 7.0.2
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2013, 09:26:51 am »

Thanks Lionel!

We've been testing 7.0.2 for a while at Digital Transitions and have found the claims of better stability (i.e. not crashing) to be accurate, along with a strong reduction of the quirks/oddities/bugs that remained in 7.0.1. Our testing was Mac-only but spanned several iMac, Mac Pro, and MacBookPro models running 10.7.5 and 10.8.2.

As we are primarily a medium format vendor we (Digital Transitions) have NOT tested the new Canon tethering SDK that was included in this version. But this new SDK should solve the issues with tethering Canon in 10.7.5 and 10.8.X.

If you are in a production workflow we suggest, as we do for ANY mission-critical software upgrade, to upgrade only if/when you're able to spend the time to do it right:
- make a backup (super-duper or Carbon Copy Cloner)
- update your software
- test the new setup for all mission-critical tasks

If you have any problems after updating you may wish to delete the preference files and application support files of the previous version. If you still have problems you can easily roll back to your previous setup using SuperDuper/Carbon-Copy-Cloner.

We (Digital Transitions) will be evaluating 7.0.2 and consulting with our more adventurous clients on their experiences with 7.0.2 in the coming days. However, preliminary results indicate this may well be the version when we recommend our production-environment customers to switch from v6.

If you're looking for a way to quickly learn Capture One 7 I (selfishly) suggest our Capture One Training classes which span from introductory online 3-hour live classes to two-day intensive marathons. You can also watch through David Grover's excellent intro-level youtube videos.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2013, 09:31:42 am by Doug Peterson »

nik

• Nick Vasilopoulos Photography
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2013, 10:33:07 am »

Lionel,

So far so good, it seems a lot more stable and responsive.

Thanks to you and your team.

joshepperson

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2013, 10:53:20 am »

From what I have seen it is much more stable and responsive. Canon tethering is working, just like before, on 10.7.5 and 10.8. I was super excited to see the 6D was now supported tethering wise, and it works great as well. Fuji file support, although not for tethering, was a welcomed edition (especially since one of our guys here has an X-PRO1).

A good service update in the run up before we see 7.1 eventually!

https://www.captureintegration.com/capture-one-7-0-2-released/
Josh Epperson
Marketing Coordinator @ Capture Integration
josh@captureintegration.com
404-522-7662
http://joshepperson.com

Gerry Walden

• My Home Page
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2013, 01:35:12 pm »

Fuji X-Pro1 and Capture One Ver. 7.0.2 - problems when I tried it http://wp.me/pT0pm-fH
Gerry Walden
www.gwpics.com

Alan Smallbone

• APS Photography
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2013, 02:01:07 pm »

Fuji X-Pro1 and Capture One Ver. 7.0.2 - problems when I tried it http://wp.me/pT0pm-fH

I have seen none of those issues with the X-Pro 1, I found a couple of issues with the beta that had to do with output, but it has been stable and no renaming of files, I have found it to be stable. Most of my problems have been user problems and getting used to how C1 does things and I have found you cannot expect it to act the same as Lightroom.

The X-Pro1 support is vast improvement over the current Adobe support.

Alan
Alan Smallbone
Orange County, CA

joshepperson

« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2013, 02:31:35 pm »

I think we spoke earlier today Gerry, I am sorry for the frustrations and being locked out of trying 7.0.2. I wish I/we could help more but that is definitely a Phase One support issue, we unfortunately can't reset a trial that has already lapsed and it seems that Capture One does not differentiate between a Beta copy and a final release copy, sounds like something they never anticipated. If you would like I can contact Phase One directly about this or you may do it yourself here: http://www.phaseone.com/en/SupportMain.aspx and explain your situation more accurately.

I can say that the X-Pro files work and preform much better in Capture One than it does in Lightroom, it sounds like you have some conflicting issues causing the crashes you were having whether it be a graphic card issues or perhaps just a bad session.
Josh Epperson
Marketing Coordinator @ Capture Integration
josh@captureintegration.com
404-522-7662
http://joshepperson.com

Gerry Walden

• My Home Page
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2013, 04:00:28 pm »

Thank you Josh. It would be helpful if you could raise it. This is all I got from Lionel Kuhlmann when I raised it with him:

The 7 trial period is not restarted.

-Lionel

Gerry
Gerry Walden
www.gwpics.com

lkuhlmann

« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2013, 04:54:39 pm »

Hi Gerry.
Sorry, but I am not in support, and as mentioned, you may get help there. I can't reset the trial, but the beta is working until Jan 31.
-Lionel

Vladimirovich

« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2013, 05:01:59 pm »

Hi Gerry.
Sorry, but I am not in support, and as mentioned, you may get help there. I can't reset the trial, but the beta is working until Jan 31.
-Lionel
Lionel, it is a good idea to add a signature that you are working for P1... there is nothing wrong to be working for a vendor, on the contrary one advantages (IMHO) of Adobe software is that once in a while you can interact w/ the actual developers (like Eric Chan)... P1 shall do the same - I mean be more present likewise.

lkuhlmann

« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2013, 05:10:33 pm »

Hi All.
Just a short introduction:
I am Lionel Kuhlmann, the algorithms manager of Phase One. I am the counterpart to Eric at Adobe. I have been working within image processing for more than 20 years.
-Lionel

Gerry Walden

• My Home Page
« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2013, 05:11:18 pm »

You appear to have missed the point. If I have had problems with the beta version, and I want to check whether they have been resolved in the final version, the fact the beta version is still 'live' is of little use. Further I cannot raise a support query because it requires the product key number, and as I haven't bought the product I do not have that number.

Gerry
Gerry Walden
www.gwpics.com

lkuhlmann

« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2013, 05:14:01 pm »

I understand your curiosity, but I don't make the rules. If you buy C1, you will get free updates to problems down the road.
-Lionel

Gerry Walden

• My Home Page
« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2013, 05:16:35 pm »

Having used Capture One for many years I am afraid that you have just lost out to Adobe because of your lack of common sense in customer care.
Gerry Walden
www.gwpics.com

Doug Peterson

• http://www.doug-peterson.com
« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2013, 05:57:30 pm »

Having used Capture One for many years I am afraid that you have just lost out to Adobe because of your lack of common sense in customer care.

I'm confused. Have you actually started a support case (thereby actually contacting support) to see if they have a solution for you?

It takes maybe 2 minutes to do so...
http://www.phaseone.com/en/SupportMain.aspx

Vladimirovich

« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2013, 06:38:12 pm »

Hi All.
Just a short introduction:
I am Lionel Kuhlmann, the algorithms manager of Phase One. I am the counterpart to Eric at Adobe. I have been working within image processing for more than 20 years.
-Lionel

great ! nice to see you here, Lionel... your nickname shall be bookmarked right away

nik

• Nick Vasilopoulos Photography
« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2013, 10:44:15 pm »

Hi Gerry,

In Lionel's defense he did say he's not in support. I read through your blog post and although I have not tested the fuji x-pro1, I can say that the other problems you're speaking of (locking, renaming etc, I had them too) have been addressed - at least on my macs (2007 and 2012 macbook pro).

To each his own and all the best with Lightroom, I'm sticking with C1 as I prefer the way renders my RAW files.

I do not work for P1, I'm just a trained and certified C1 user.

Gerry Walden

• My Home Page
« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2013, 12:52:43 am »

No, I cannot start a support case because to do so you need a product key number to enter in one of the boxes on the form. Because I have not bought the product yet I do not have this number so it is a catch 22 situation.

Gerry
Gerry Walden
www.gwpics.com

MrSmith

« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2013, 01:29:38 am »

Do you really expect individual support if you haven't purchased any software?
I can understand asking if a product is supported and if there's any known issues but to get eggy over supposed lack of support for something you don't own?

ario

« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2013, 01:34:59 am »

No, I cannot start a support case because to do so you need a product key number to enter in one of the boxes on the form. Because I have not bought the product yet I do not have this number so it is a catch 22 situation.

Gerry
I do not know if this is the rule but I have sometime forgotten to input my CO serial number in the support case submission and always I got an answer.
Ario
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up