Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: z3100 firmware TR12-TR_07_00_00-3_mvl40-x86-opt  (Read 44328 times)

rwheat

• http://www.westernlandscapes.com.au
z3100 firmware TR12-TR_07_00_00-3_mvl40-x86-opt
« Reply #40 on: September 29, 2008, 08:07:26 am »

Hi everyone,
In case it helps anyone, I got fed up with waiting for HP to supply the XP version of the new firmware, and logged a call with them for it.
They responded with -> use the MAC version - Download it, expand it and then ftp the file to the printer.
So I downloaded the MAC version for my printer (Z3100 44 inch) and extracted the firmware file using Transmac.  I ended up with the file TR12-MVL-U-7.0.0.3-5.fmw.
Instead of using ftp to transfer it to the printer as HP suggested - I just used the standard web interface to upload the new file.
It all appears to be working perfectly.
Hope this helps,
Richard.

dandeliondigital

• http://www.dandeliondigital.com
« Reply #41 on: September 29, 2008, 09:05:37 am »

Hi Ron H.,
Thanks for the clarifications. Especially that there is a Ron out there with my model     I knew that!

Cartridge replacement is very helpful. The warnings for low ink seem to start at around 20 ml, a point that leaves a fairly useable quantity of ink left wasted. I've tried to "run them dry" but that gets nerve racking, so I usually try to keep an eye on the reported amount of ink left and change them when they get to less than 5 ml.

Processing speed will be very welcomed also. I try not to flip jobs knowing it will take longer, and I have a few really large PS jobs that have crunched for nearly 2 hours before they actually printed. That's why I would love to be able to off load the RIPPED files from the Queue and archive them. Maybe someday? Processing. Processing.

Can't wait to hear of your experience with the latest FW upgrade.

Keep us posted, please.

Thanks, and so long for now, TOM

Tom-
I'm the Ron with the same printer/OS as you.  Rons are a dime a dozen around these parts . . .

Here is what HP lists under fixes on the download page.  I assume these apply to all of the 3100 models:

"--You will be able to replace a cartridge that has run out of ink in the middle of a print without needing to cancel the print.
--When loading photo papers, the printer will ask if you want to cut the leading edge of the paper.
--A firmware upgrade will not delete custom paper presets from the printer.
--There will be a new option in the Paper menu to advance and reverse paper without cutting it.
--The processing speed when printing large images or rotated images through the PostScript driver has been improved"

They all sound good to me.

I will most likely take the bait and upgrade when I'm back at work on Monday.  Details to follow.

-Ron H.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=225306\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

rdonson

« Reply #42 on: September 29, 2008, 09:29:20 am »

Hi everyone,
In case it helps anyone, I got fed up with waiting for HP to supply the XP version of the new firmware, and logged a call with them for it.
They responded with -> use the MAC version - Download it, expand it and then ftp the file to the printer.
So I downloaded the MAC version for my printer (Z3100 44 inch) and extracted the firmware file using Transmac.  I ended up with the file TR12-MVL-U-7.0.0.3-5.fmw.
Instead of using ftp to transfer it to the printer as HP suggested - I just used the standard web interface to upload the new file.
Hope this helps,
Richard.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=225467\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Thanks, Richard!!!!  I'll give it a try.  

Hmmmmm..... $54 for TransMac - maybe I'll wait
« Last Edit: September 29, 2008, 09:31:35 am by rdonson »
Regards,
Ron

rwheat

« Reply #43 on: September 29, 2008, 09:36:35 am »

Thanks, Richard!!!!  I'll give it a try.   

Hmmmmm..... $54 for TransMac - maybe I'll wait
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=225493\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I downloaded the 30day trial version - works well.
Richard.

rdonson

« Reply #44 on: September 29, 2008, 09:38:29 am »

I downloaded the 30day trial version - works well.
Richard.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=225495\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Excellent!!!  Thanks for the quick response, Richard.  I'll definitely give it a try.
Regards,
Ron

Jim Cole

• Jim Cole Photography
« Reply #45 on: September 29, 2008, 12:59:19 pm »

Hi everyone,
So I downloaded the MAC version for my printer (Z3100 44 inch) and extracted the firmware file using Transmac.  I ended up with the file TR12-MVL-U-7.0.0.3-5.fmw.
Hope this helps,
Richard.

Richard,

Thanks for the heads up and for thinking outside the box. I used the TransMac trial version to copy the fmw file and all updated on my Z3100 smoothly. No errors.

The option to cut or not to cut off the leading edge of the glossy paper is a great addition to the firmware, and if you do elect to cut off the edge, it now only cuts off 2 inches. This is great!

Jim
« Last Edit: September 29, 2008, 01:53:45 pm by Jim Cole »
Jim Cole
Flagstaff, AZ www.jimcolephoto.

Colorwave

• Colorwave Imaging
« Reply #46 on: September 29, 2008, 03:38:00 pm »

Tom, and others interested in the PS version on a Mac-

I just ran the firmware updater and successfully loaded the new firmware.  All went according to plan, except for an error message that seems to have been a red herring.  I got an error of 68:03, which means "loss of engine counters tracking".  It was cured with a restart, and all seems fine after the upgrade.

To your delight, Tom, the Job Queue and Job Accounting logs are intact and unchanged.  Unfortunately, for my particular problem, I'm still unable to retrieve the Custom Paper list while connected via ethernet network, although I can calibrate and add new paper types over the network.

I notice that there is now a paper move menu command in the paper submenu.  I'm looking forward to that new functionality, as well as the ability to change cartridges on the fly (testing this feature soon).  I will test the ability to load photo papers without trimming the leading edge with my next paper change, although I won't know what to do about wrapping in progress rolls of paper without a bountiful supply of three inch paper trimmings (!).

-Ron H.
-Ron H.
[url=http://colorwaveimaging.com

dandeliondigital

• http://www.dandeliondigital.com
« Reply #47 on: September 29, 2008, 05:05:40 pm »

Hi Ron H.,
Thanks for the report!

I now have no excuse to do mine at the first possible chance.

So long for now, TOM

Tom, and others interested in the PS version on a Mac-

I just ran the firmware updater and successfully loaded the new firmware.  All went according to plan, except for an error message that seems to have been a red herring.  I got an error of 68:03, which means "loss of engine counters tracking".  It was cured with a restart, and all seems fine after the upgrade.

To your delight, Tom, the Job Queue and Job Accounting logs are intact and unchanged.  Unfortunately, for my particular problem, I'm still unable to retrieve the Custom Paper list while connected via ethernet network, although I can calibrate and add new paper types over the network.

I notice that there is now a paper move menu command in the paper submenu.  I'm looking forward to that new functionality, as well as the ability to change cartridges on the fly (testing this feature soon).  I will test the ability to load photo papers without trimming the leading edge with my next paper change, although I won't know what to do about wrapping in progress rolls of paper without a bountiful supply of three inch paper trimmings (!).

-Ron H.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=225597\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

kaelaria

• http://www.bgpictures.com
« Reply #48 on: September 29, 2008, 07:32:27 pm »

Free programs such as PowerISO open it too.  Thanks for the info to use the mac version, I didn't even think they would be the same!  Worked great!!

Larry Adamache

« Reply #49 on: September 29, 2008, 08:22:29 pm »

So, does this firmware upgrade work on all versions of Mac OS, WinXP, Vista, Vista64bit, etc.  or is there a difference with 64 bit versions?

Larry

Mark Lindquist

• it’s not about the photos we take - it’s the ones we leave
    • LINDQUIST STUDIOS
« Reply #50 on: September 29, 2008, 08:24:29 pm »

I downloaded the Firmware and it runs fine (running Mac OSX).  I get an error message on the printer screen saying "domain_Not_Set_ Invalid" which is annoying, but everything works fine.  I notice the paper advance is working - you go into Paper, then "move paper", then arrow up or down.  Works smoothly but is not really elegant, particularly as you have to press the "X" button to exit out, then if you press the advance/cut button to the left of the screen, it advances the two inches first, then cuts, as it always did.  I don't see a "just plain cut" option which is a shame.  What good does it do to move the paper without being able to cut it precisely as well?  Oh well...
Fuhgeddaboudit I guess...
Mark Lindquist
http://z3200.com, http://MarkLindquistPhotography.com
Lindquist Studios.com

walter.sk

« Reply #51 on: September 29, 2008, 09:56:38 pm »

I've got the Z3100PS 24", running XP.  Today I found a reference on the HP website for the new firmware for my setup.

Z3100PS WinXP firmware

There are still no new drivers (since 5/08), but new downloads for paper presets.

I had no problems upgrading to the new firmware.  I'm happy, because my Gray ink is down to about 12 ml.  Hopefully, the new feature will really allow me to change a cart during a pause in the printing.

rdonson

« Reply #52 on: September 29, 2008, 10:22:51 pm »

I had no problems upgrading to the new firmware.  I'm happy, because my Gray ink is down to about 12 ml.  Hopefully, the new feature will really allow me to change a cart during a pause in the printing.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=225673\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

That's the new feature that means the most to me.  I'm unpacking the firmware for the Mac right now so that I can update my 24" base Z3100 on XP Pro.
Regards,
Ron

rwheat

« Reply #53 on: September 29, 2008, 10:27:37 pm »

So, does this firmware upgrade work on all versions of Mac OS, WinXP, Vista, Vista64bit, etc.  or is there a difference with 64 bit versions?

Larry
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=225665\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Larry,

The firmware is software that is applicable to the printer only.  The operating system dependence is only for compression of the file and delivery to the printer.
The approach I outlined above should work for any PC system - just make sure you have the right firmware for your printer version!

BTW, HP told me "two weeks" for an updated XP version to be placed back on their web site.  I really don't understand HP - good printer though.

Richard.

kaelaria

• http://www.bgpictures.com
« Reply #54 on: September 29, 2008, 10:27:44 pm »

Same here.  I lucked out on the last one, and made it JUST past a print, and have another just under 20% that will have to be changed in a couple weeks.

Harry Carpenter

« Reply #55 on: September 30, 2008, 06:19:40 am »

Thank you for posting this solution, It certainly addresses a few of the niggles I still have with my printer.

iCrop

• http://
« Reply #56 on: September 30, 2008, 10:00:20 am »

Hi everyone,
Hope this helps,
Richard.
Richard –
Thanks for that.  I had tried downloading the Mac version a week or so ago, but was unaware of Transmac, and so wasn’t sure of the file integrity after extracting it.  It appears that the printer runs its own checksum on the firmware file to be uploaded, so I probably wouldn’t have messed up anything had I tried.  At any rate, I uploaded the firmware last night, and updated the drivers as well on my XP system.  It went seamlessly.  It even appears to have fixed a problem I was having with the left margin being short be 0.1” causing prints to be offset in both CS2 and CS3.
Mike

ThePhotoDude

• Fine Art, Landscape and Travel Photographer
« Reply #57 on: September 30, 2008, 11:44:15 am »

Are we looking for:   TR12-TR12PS_07_00_00-3_mvl40-x86-opt_B.exe

It is on the HP website here.

I am downloading as we speak, looks like it's for the PS GP version of the Z3100, which I have.

Edit: I see someone has already posted this above. Anyways, 35% down so far.

Edit: OK, all finished, downloaded and installed. Seemed painless enough. Total time about 20mins including downloading it.

Can't wait to try out the mid print ink change!
« Last Edit: September 30, 2008, 12:41:19 pm by ThePhotoDude »

walter.sk

« Reply #58 on: September 30, 2008, 01:10:11 pm »

Did I mess up?

Last night I installed the new Z3100PS GP 24" firmware, for WinXP.  I read the note saying to first install the latest drivers, posted in May, '08.  I didn't bother checking, thinking that I certainly updated the drivers recently.

This morning I checked the drivers, and, lo and behold! they were not the latest version.  I downloaded the Raster driver, clicked on the .Exe  file to unzip it, and OK'd the install.

After it was done, I found a second Z3100 icon in Printers & Faxes.  The new one was labeled HP Designjet Z3100ps 24" Photo-1 PCL3, and had as its driver, 61.73.361.41, and in the window below that it said HPl 31P03.GP2 2.12.2008.  Opening the Prefs, I found that my custom page sizes were not all there.

I checked the old printer icon.  It was labeled HP Designjet Z3100ps 24" Photo, and the driver was listed also as 61.73.361.41, and in the window below was listed
HPl 31 P03.GPD.  My custom sizes were all there.

Should I de-install one or both, start over, or just select one when printing?  Which one should I select?

It's funny that you don't hear the term "User Friendly" anymore...

One last thing:  Should I have downloaded the HPGL/2 & RTL, and Postscript drivers as well, or am I OK with just the Raster driver, since I don't use postscipt files?

neil snape

• http://www.neilsnape.com
« Reply #59 on: September 30, 2008, 01:21:15 pm »

Did I mess up?

Last night I installed the new Z3100PS GP 24" firmware, for WinXP.  I read the note saying to first install the latest drivers, posted in May, '08.  I didn't bother checking, thinking that I certainly updated the drivers recently.

This morning I checked the drivers, and, lo and behold! they were not the latest version.  I downloaded the Raster driver, clicked on the .Exe  file to unzip it, and OK'd the install.

After it was done, I found a second Z3100 icon in Printers & Faxes.  The new one was labeled HP Designjet Z3100ps 24" Photo-1 PCL3, and had as its driver, 61.73.361.41, and in the window below that it said HPl 31P03.GP2 2.12.2008.  Opening the Prefs, I found that my custom page sizes were not all there.

I checked the old printer icon.  It was labeled HP Designjet Z3100ps 24" Photo, and the driver was listed also as 61.73.361.41, and in the window below was listed
HPl 31 P03.GPD.  My custom sizes were all there.

Should I de-install one or both, start over, or just select one when printing?  Which one should I select?

It's funny that you don't hear the term "User Friendly" anymore...

One last thing:  Should I have downloaded the HPGL/2 & RTL, and Postscript drivers as well, or am I OK with just the Raster driver, since I don't use postscipt files?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=225791\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
You can delete and reinstall the raster driver. The others are for other types of cad or printing apps that you don't need for PHotoshop or Adobe apps anyway. You can install the PS driver too though as you can print directly to the Postscipt driver.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up