Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23]   Go Down

Author Topic: Leica's new MF system  (Read 331899 times)

eronald

• My gallery on Instagram
Leica's new MF system
« Reply #440 on: October 06, 2008, 05:58:46 pm »

Leica Solms seems to be expanding and rehiring old employees. I think they will have an ok service system within a few months.

But in the end, nothing can beat a 5DII, with a 5DII backup

Edmund

Quote from: EricWHiss
vastly understaffed.
If you appreciate my blog posts help me by following on https://instagram.com/edmundronald

Carsten W

Leica's new MF system
« Reply #441 on: October 07, 2008, 05:03:13 am »

Quote from: eronald
But in the end, nothing can beat a 5DII, with a 5DII backup

Erm, right, this is why you hang out in a MF forum, right?
Carsten W - [url=http://500px.com/Carste

thsinar

• http://www.sinarcameras.com
Leica's new MF system
« Reply #442 on: October 07, 2008, 05:15:17 am »

Thierry

Quote from: carstenw
Erm, right, this is why you hang out in a MF forum, right?
Thierry Hagenauer
thasia_cn@yahoo.com

eronald

Leica's new MF system
« Reply #443 on: October 07, 2008, 05:46:50 am »

Quote from: thsinar

Thierry

Yes, Thierry, I find that Canon CPS has the best lend and repair program.
My Mamiya has problems, I paid for a VA on the Phase back, but my dealer sees no reason to lend me another camera for the three weeks it takes to repair a Mamiya from France. It takes one day to repair it in Germany. My dealer - Le Moyen Format in Paris - is history as far as I'm concerned. I'll have the camera adjusted when I'm in Munich or Tokyo.  And the next camera I am buying is a 5DII. I've had enough of the MF dealer system.

Edmund
« Last Edit: October 07, 2008, 06:22:20 am by eronald »
If you appreciate my blog posts help me by following on https://instagram.com/edmundronald

Graham Mitchell

Leica's new MF system
« Reply #444 on: October 07, 2008, 06:28:14 am »

But in the end, nothing can beat a 5DII

Yes, we are all idiots in here. Enjoy your AA filter, mushy lenses, slow flash sync, small viewfinder, brittle files, 'Canon' colour, 8.5 stops of DR, 'only' 21 MP, 2:3 aspect ratio, poor tethered performance, limited tilt/shift options and who could forget the direct print button

thsinar

• http://www.sinarcameras.com
Leica's new MF system
« Reply #445 on: October 07, 2008, 06:44:02 am »

Edmund,

Hearing/reading you one could believe that MF is "evil". I can assure you that they are good guys/dealers as well as bad guys. I don't know "Le Moyen Format" in Paris, but I remember that at the beginning you very highly speaking about them, if I'm right. And as far I could understand from other Phase dealers, that's not the usual experience with Phase dealers nor with Sinar dealers. I am sure that if your request would be justified (to get a free loaner) and you have a VA on it, you should get it: otherwise it is a breach of contract, isn't it?

Well, with Sinar you don't need a VA, we usually are flexible enough, when justified, to help customers out of trouble situations.

Best regards,
Thierry

Yes, Thierry, I find that Canon CPS has the best lend and repair program.
My Mamiya has problems, I paid for a VA on the Phase back, but my dealer sees no reason to lend me another camera for the three weeks it takes to repair a Mamiya from France. It takes one day to repair it in Germany. My dealer - Le Moyen Format in Paris - is history as far as I'm concerned. I'll have the camera adjusted when I'm in Munich or Tokyo.  And the next camera I am buying is a 5DII. I've had enough of the MF dealer system.

Edmund
Thierry Hagenauer
thasia_cn@yahoo.com

eronald

Leica's new MF system
« Reply #446 on: October 07, 2008, 08:41:16 am »

Quote from: thsinar
Edmund,

Hearing/reading you one could believe that MF is "evil". I can assure you that they are good guys/dealers as well as bad guys. I don't know "Le Moyen Format" in Paris, but I remember that at the beginning you very highly speaking about them, if I'm right. And as far I could understand from other Phase dealers, that's not the usual experience with Phase dealers nor with Sinar dealers. I am sure that if your request would be justified (to get a free loaner) and you have a VA on it, you should get it: otherwise it is a breach of contract, isn't it?

Well, with Sinar you don't need a VA, we usually are flexible enough, when justified, to help customers out of trouble situations.

Best regards,
Thierry

It's a perfectly legal point of view. Only the back has the VA warranty on it. So I'm only entitled to contractual warranty on the Mamiya - oh, but Mamiya happen not to be able to service a shutter in France anymore, and returns have to go through the shipping of the local distributor and that takes three weeks. Too bad, then. The dealer system is fundamentally flawed, except for the guys in Atlanta. I've just shot multiples for a few months now, to make sure I have the shot when I need it.

Edmund
« Last Edit: October 07, 2008, 08:49:40 am by eronald »

design_freak

Leica's new MF system
« Reply #447 on: October 07, 2008, 09:44:55 am »

I wish Leica everything good. Every new camera on the market is good to everybody. There is nothing better that competition. But this time - P L E A S E   B U I L D  camera that we can take a picture in the day that we can buy it. Don't repeat mistake that you do with M8 !!!

Freak
Best regards,
DF

SeanBK

Leica's new MF system
« Reply #448 on: October 07, 2008, 09:56:01 am »

Quote from: design_freak
............ But this time - P L E A S E   B U I L D  camera that we can take a picture in the day that we can buy it. Don't repeat mistake that you do with M8 !!!

Freak
Frank, with all due respect to you, didn't you hear that they are in partnership with Phase, so this is quite norm.  

wolfnowl

• M&M's Musings
Leica's new MF system
« Reply #449 on: October 07, 2008, 01:17:03 pm »

"That's why we, at Leica camera, are investing heavily in professional customer service and new sales concepts.  By the way, we're doing this, working closely with our new corporation partner Phase One.  So Leica camera is establishing itself for the long term with the S System in the professional segment.  You, the professional photographer, want the perfect picture.  We, we've created the perfect tool for you."

Dr. Andreas Kaufmann

I think it will be interesting to see what shakes out of this.

Mike.
If your mind is attuned t
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23]   Go Up