Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 86   Go Down

Author Topic: Recent Works  (Read 857404 times)

TMARK

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1841
Recent Works
« Reply #520 on: March 29, 2008, 10:42:48 pm »

Quote
Not trying to be a party-pooper but do you think we could keep this thread MFDB only (in keeping with the title)? This is the only thread I know of for MFDB images but there are a thousand Canon forums where people can go if Canon images is what they want to post/see.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=185312\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
I'll take them down. All of my new P30 images are embargoed.
Logged

NBP

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 184
    • http://
Recent Works
« Reply #521 on: March 29, 2008, 10:59:31 pm »

Edited: Just realised it might be a little early to put those images on a PF. Sorry.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2008, 06:57:34 am by NBP »
Logged

jpjespersen

  • Guest
Recent Works
« Reply #522 on: March 29, 2008, 11:25:47 pm »

Being the person that started this thread, I strongly agree that it is Medium Format Only images.  Please start a recent work thread in a non-'medium format digital' forum.  I would also like to request that people only post images via thumnails in their post - not full size images.  I feel like viewers can determine by thumbnail if they wish to view the full size image.
And please post what camera and back the image was made on.
JP
Quote
Not trying to be a party-pooper but do you think we could keep this thread MFDB only (in keeping with the title)? This is the only thread I know of for MFDB images but there are a thousand Canon forums where people can go if Canon images is what they want to post/see.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=185312\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
« Last Edit: March 29, 2008, 11:28:25 pm by jpjespersen »
Logged

SecondFocus

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 526
    • SecondFocus
Recent Works
« Reply #523 on: March 30, 2008, 12:37:48 am »

Quote
Not trying to be a party-pooper but do you think we could keep this thread MFDB only (in keeping with the title)? This is the only thread I know of for MFDB images but there are a thousand Canon forums where people can go if Canon images is what they want to post/see.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=185312\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I agree, that was the point of this thread and it has been excellent. Let's keep it going as intended, please. I am really finding it of value as it is.
Logged
Ian L. Sitren
[url=http://SecondFocus.co

Jonathan Wienke

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 5829
    • http://visual-vacations.com/
Recent Works
« Reply #524 on: March 30, 2008, 04:36:40 am »

I find it interesting that you all are complaining about the images on the basis of the camera that captured them, and not on the basis of their technical shortcomings or lack of artistic vision. Seems rather snobbish/elitist if you ask me; none of the other fora discriminate against MFDB images when they are posted. Are you all going to go remove all the MFDB images you've posted elsewhere? I also find it hypocritical that no one complained about the FILM images posted, even though they are no more "MFDB" than the Canon shots.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2008, 04:39:03 am by Jonathan Wienke »
Logged

Morgan_Moore

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 2354
    • sammorganmoore.com
Recent Works
« Reply #525 on: March 30, 2008, 05:25:19 am »

Quote
I find it interesting that you all are complaining about the images on the basis of the camera that captured them, and not on the basis of their technical shortcomings or lack of artistic vision. Seems rather snobbish/elitist if you ask me; none of the other fora discriminate against MFDB images when they are posted. Are you all going to go remove all the MFDB images you've posted elsewhere? I also find it hypocritical that no one complained about the FILM images posted, even though they are no more "MFDB" than the Canon shots.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=185353\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

This is the MF forum and one may be interested to see what is being done with the kit

Most people considering purchase of kit will be comparing to canon so it is interesting to see what the quality userbase of this board is doing with canon (or other kit ) too

best people just say what was used

There is another area of the board for critiquing and artistic interpretion of work

which is different from questions like

did the long exposrue create noise?

or

did the H1 AF work on that moving subject?

IMO

SMM
Logged
Sam Morgan Moore Bristol UK

NBP

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 184
    • http://
Recent Works
« Reply #526 on: March 30, 2008, 05:52:56 am »

Quote
I find it interesting
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=185353\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]


That's nice for you, Mr. Wienke
« Last Edit: March 30, 2008, 06:08:56 am by NBP »
Logged

haefnerphoto

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 680
    • http://www.jameshaefner.com
Recent Works
« Reply #527 on: March 30, 2008, 10:46:56 am »

Here's the completed series on the 1960 Cadillac, also known as the Cadillac Iguana.  Camera is a Mamiya 645, back is the P45.  Jim[attachment=5809:attachment][attachment=5810:attachment][attachment=5811:atta
chment][attachment=5812:attachment][attachment=5813:attachment]
Logged

Willow Photography

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 279
    • http://www.willow.no
Recent Works
« Reply #528 on: March 30, 2008, 10:49:00 am »

A lot of people reading this forum (MFDB) are curious about the difference
in quality between MFDB and DSLR. Is it worth upgrading solely for the IQ?

This is a nice place to show the difference.

I find it strange that MFDB people are so territorial.
There are people out there who has decided that MFDB is the only right,
but I think there are more people that are unsure of what to do.

The MFDB forum is the right place to try to answer the many question.
And often a picture says more than a 1000 words   .

I my self has been back and forth several times.

I know there are more to the difference between MFDB and DSLR than IQ, but
here is a good place to see a little of that aspect.

I have seen pictures in this tread that for sure no one could tell the
difference if had been shot with a MFDB or a DSLR.

There are some quality photographers in these MFDB forum and that
is why people want to look at pictures here.

Like James who is putting out pictures done with both MFDB and DSLR.
Nobody complained about that! And for a good reason - they are great.

So maybe the complaints are because they do not like the pictures other people post.
Or maybe they do not want to be reminded that it is not the camera that
matters the most  

willow.no
Logged
Willow Photography

eronald

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 6689
    • My gallery on Instagram
Recent Works
« Reply #529 on: March 30, 2008, 10:56:27 am »

Can we keep the ratio to about 1 picture per post ? I don't care what camera the images come from as long as it is documented. Actually one of those recent Canon images had the best 1DsII skin tone I've ever seen.

Edmund
Logged
If you appreciate my blog posts help me by following on https://instagram.com/edmundronald

James R Russell

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 992
    • http://www.russellrutherford.com/
Recent Works
« Reply #530 on: March 30, 2008, 11:39:58 am »

Quote
Can we keep the ratio to about 1 picture per post ? I don't care what camera the images come from as long as it is documented. Actually one of those recent Canon images had the best 1DsII skin tone I've ever seen.

Edmund
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=185401\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]


Well, only Michael makes the rules here, so most of this conversation is mute.

Regardless, this section of the forum may be titled medium format, but I think most people know that it's really a public professional section of the forum and I know few photographers that don't own multiple systems.

limiting, how where, what is shown will just make people like me not bother to show anything, because I don't mind sharing, but I this really isn't a market that sells my photography.

And keep in mind this is the web so if someone wanted to trick the system a simple ratio crop of a screen shot would do that.

If you want it to be a compare pixels competition, then the quality of what your going to see will drop down to 200% crops of cat whiskers.

I'm not advocating a Flicker movement, but don't think there is not a lot of tremendous photography that is not shot with a lot of non medium format systems.


JR
Logged

SecondFocus

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 526
    • SecondFocus
Recent Works
« Reply #531 on: March 30, 2008, 11:45:32 am »

This was a nice simple thread, posting of your medium format digital photos. No blasting critiques, no arguing, just post the photos for people to appreciate. Maybe some questions about technique or gear related to that.

Why can't it just be kept that way?
Logged
Ian L. Sitren
[url=http://SecondFocus.co

Willow Photography

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 279
    • http://www.willow.no
Recent Works
« Reply #532 on: March 30, 2008, 12:03:42 pm »

Quote
This was a nice simple thread, posting of your medium format digital photos. No blasting critiques, no arguing, just post the photos for people to appreciate. Maybe some questions about technique or gear related to that.

Why can't it just be kept that way?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=185417\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]


It can still be a nice simple tread.

YOU can look at the the MFDB pictures, if that is the only pictures you find interesting.
Just ignore the ones taken with other formats and let other people watch them if
the want to do that.
It makes this tread more diverse and maybe it gives more answer to what people wants
to know. about MFDB/DSLR.

I just want to see great photography and couldnt care less if it was done with
a Holga or a 39MB MFDB.

Its a lot of good, professional photographers here so let them show what
they have made and just ignore what you do not like.

Lets not ruin this tread by imposing too much rules to who,how, what, where and why.

Just bring on what you like and give what information you want.

I hope this tread will go on for a long time, and  with more pictures and less complaining.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2008, 12:06:14 pm by Willow Photography »
Logged
Willow Photography

Jonathan Wienke

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 5829
    • http://visual-vacations.com/
Recent Works
« Reply #533 on: March 30, 2008, 12:11:03 pm »

Quote
This was a nice simple thread, posting of your medium format digital photos. No blasting critiques, no arguing, just post the photos for people to appreciate. Maybe some questions about technique or gear related to that.

Why can't it just be kept that way?

Nobody complained at all when people posted medium format FILM images. Not you, not the OP, or anyone else. You're being hypocritical here; if the Canon images are a "problem" and must be removed, then all of the film stuff needs to go too.
Logged

Graham Mitchell

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 2281
Recent Works
« Reply #534 on: March 30, 2008, 12:43:52 pm »

Quote
I find it interesting that you all are complaining about the images on the basis of the camera that captured them, and not on the basis of their technical shortcomings or lack of artistic vision.

This forum is called "Medium Format Digital Backs and Photography". It is a place for people to learn about MFDBs and share experiences and information about MFDBs with other users. I don't know how that could be any clearer.

Quote
Seems rather snobbish/elitist if you ask me

All forums are broken down into specialized topics, and it is seen as bad etiquette in all forums to make posts which are off topic and belong in another forum. It is nothing to do with elitism. You are only ruining this thread more by complaining about having to follow the rules.

Quote
I also find it hypocritical that no one complained about the FILM images posted, even though they are no more "MFDB" than the Canon shots.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=185353\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I'm pretty sure I've complained about film shots in the past too, in other threads.

Quote
Can we keep the ratio to about 1 picture per post ?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=185401\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I agree, but why not follow your own suggestion?

In an effort to keep this thread on-topic... Rollei 6008AF, Sinar e22, 150mm f4:

« Last Edit: March 30, 2008, 12:48:52 pm by foto-z »
Logged

jing q

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 596
    • we are super
Recent Works
« Reply #535 on: March 30, 2008, 12:59:34 pm »

I know it's a MF forum but as long as the work is good I don't see why we should restrict ourselves.
I would love to see more good work from anyone regardless of format.
Logged

Don Libby

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 824
  • Iron Creek Photography
    • Iron Creek Photography
Recent Works
« Reply #536 on: March 30, 2008, 02:22:51 pm »

This is from last year taken near Monument Valley

Mamiya 645 AFD II – P30+ and 80mm lens
[attachment=5816:attachment]


don

SecondFocus

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 526
    • SecondFocus
Recent Works
« Reply #537 on: March 30, 2008, 02:34:59 pm »

Quote
Nobody complained at all when people posted medium format FILM images. Not you, not the OP, or anyone else. You're being hypocritical here; if the Canon images are a "problem" and must be removed, then all of the film stuff needs to go too.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=185427\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Actually I was...

1. Trying to keep the rhetoric down by keeping my comments out of it and never complained about the Canon photos.

2. And I never noticed that someone posted film photos
Logged
Ian L. Sitren
[url=http://SecondFocus.co

Willow Photography

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 279
    • http://www.willow.no
Recent Works
« Reply #538 on: March 30, 2008, 03:09:20 pm »

Lets just stop the discussion about who said what and who wants what, and just show good photography and share good information!!
Logged
Willow Photography

Snook

  • Guest
Recent Works
« Reply #539 on: March 30, 2008, 03:43:04 pm »

Some B&W from a Shoot I did for a make-up artist friend of mine, for a class she is taking..:+}
Mamiya RZIIProD 180mm + P30

Snook

[attachment=5817:attachment][attachment=5818:attachment]
« Last Edit: March 30, 2008, 03:47:40 pm by Snook »
Logged
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 86   Go Up