Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11   Go Down

Author Topic: mamiya and phase  (Read 69359 times)

SeanBK

mamiya and phase
« Reply #40 on: November 13, 2007, 10:35:34 pm »

I agree that why all the commotion, as 3 weeks back Phase One introduced that they will throw in Mamiya 645 AFD with purchase of P+ back, plus they will give great deals on lenses. So they probably will tweak the camera to function just for Phase One backs. As it has been said before, nothing but conventional vaporware from Phase, so market is frozen for next 6-9 months, while they garner free publicity in L-L forum. Hey, if it has worked all these times in past for them, then try & try again.  
   If it is not broken then why fix it, i.e being honorable in their promos. Sorry, I know it sounds harsh, but really it is the truth. No specs, no delivered by date (in past they never met a delivery date, it is still approx date Q1-'08). You might call Merry Christmas, I call "Bah Humbug", give me detailed specs, delivery date - Day & Month. Then I can say it IS an announcement!!!

Henry Goh

mamiya and phase
« Reply #41 on: November 13, 2007, 11:04:25 pm »

I don't know what the excitement is all about. I doubt very much that this will be based on an RZ67 because it is way oversized, uses bellows focusing, the crop factor is too high, etc. It would be a niche product at best.

And if it's based on the 645AFD (which I suspect) then the improvement will be incremental at best. This is still a rather compromised platform.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=152612\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

How about a ZD II using P30 / P45 + sensor and board?  That way, Mamiya can offer a dedicated digital platform to the partnership which would make it competitive to Hasselblad H3D II.  If this happens and is priced correctly, I think there is going to be a quite a few happy people.

Anders_HK

• andersloof.com
mamiya and phase
« Reply #42 on: November 14, 2007, 01:30:59 am »

How about a ZD II using P30 / P45 + sensor and board?  That way, Mamiya can offer a dedicated digital platform to the partnership which would make it competitive to Hasselblad H3D II.  If this happens and is priced correctly, I think there is going to be a quite a few happy people.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=152620\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Yes with free complimentary upgrade for all current ZD oweners  

Rgds
Anders
« Last Edit: November 14, 2007, 01:33:54 am by Anders_HK »

jpjespersen

mamiya and phase
« Reply #43 on: November 14, 2007, 02:04:53 am »

How about a ZD II using P30 / P45 + sensor and board? That way, Mamiya can offer a dedicated digital platform to the partnership which would make it..
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=152620\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

This is a great announcement, I just hope that its not closed system  I definitely like the freedom of owning a digital back that can be detached and put on various camera's.  .  I have faith.
This alliance will also hopefully solve the mamiya zd noise issues.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2007, 02:07:48 am by jpjespersen »

mcfoto

• http://montalbetticampbell.com
mamiya and phase
« Reply #44 on: November 14, 2007, 02:44:43 am »

Hi
Yes Phase putting there know how into the ZDII camera. The camera is built ,it works but with a 3 inch screen, great buffer, 1 hour exposure .......etc.
Denis Montalbetti
Montalbetti+Campbell [

heinrichvoelkel

mamiya and phase
« Reply #45 on: November 14, 2007, 03:02:41 am »

Hi
Yes Phase putting there know how into the ZDII camera. The camera is built ,it works but with a 3 inch screen, great buffer, 1 hour exposure .......etc.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=152648\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Wow,    ....   pricewise any funded info or some guesses.....!?

And what is hiding behind your etc.??? I'm curious....
« Last Edit: November 14, 2007, 03:04:51 am by heinrichvoelkel »

jpjespersen

mamiya and phase
« Reply #46 on: November 14, 2007, 03:03:37 am »

Patience
Wow,    ....   pricewise any funded info or some guesses.....!?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=152650\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

mcrepsej

• http://www.iversenfoto.dk
mamiya and phase
« Reply #47 on: November 14, 2007, 03:15:30 am »

No. Did you know that in reality, it was a company in Sweden?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=152475\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

........Hasy is based in Göteborg, Sweden and with a danish manager (and as I knew working from the old Imacon office in Copenhagen, Denmark) and PhaseOne based i Copenhagen.........and I'm a Dane.........so yes.    

McRepsej

Mamiya RZ IID and PhaseOne P45+....the best tool today  

heinrichvoelkel

mamiya and phase
« Reply #48 on: November 14, 2007, 03:19:47 am »

Patience
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=152651\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I never felt this nervousness I have with digital today, when in the old days Kodak or Fuji or Agfa announced a new film....hmmm?! Good or bad, I don't know....?!

TechTalk

mamiya and phase
« Reply #49 on: November 14, 2007, 03:38:59 am »

........Hasy is based in Göteborg, Sweden and with a danish manager (and as I knew working from the old Imacon office in Copenhagen, Denmark) and PhaseOne based i Copenhagen.........and I'm a Dane.........so yes.[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=152653\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
I have no idea what you're trying to say with your last post. But if it is some how related to the nonsense that you posted reagrding Phase One designing the electronics in the H1, It is lost on me.

For anyone that cares, Teleca Systems in Sweden supplied the electronics, camera software and communications interface for the H1–not Phase One.

Sorry to divert the thread. I just hate seeing peoples fantasies posted on web forums to be picked up and repeated by others.
Respice, adspice, prospice - Look to the past, the present, the future

samuel_js

mamiya and phase
« Reply #50 on: November 14, 2007, 04:43:23 am »

I have no idea what you're trying to say with your last post. But if it is some how related to the nonsense that you posted reagrding Phase One designing the electronics in the H1, It is lost on me.

For anyone that cares, Teleca Systems in Sweden supplied the electronics, camera software and communications interface for the H1–not Phase One.

Sorry to divert the thread. I just hate seeing peoples fantasies posted on web forums to be picked up and repeated by others.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=152657\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

So you're saying that P1 has nothing to do with the design of the H1?

heinrichvoelkel

mamiya and phase
« Reply #51 on: November 14, 2007, 04:47:43 am »

So you're saying that P1 has nothing to do with the design of the H1?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=152659\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

wouldn't that be the perfect moment to start a new thread at the camera electronics forum....?!

michael

mamiya and phase
« Reply #52 on: November 14, 2007, 05:14:44 am »

Phase One has been working with Mamiya on this since last November. This was discussed at their dealer meeting at Photokina.

I interviewd the CEO of Phase One yesterday and will have lots more details in a few days as soon as I have a chance to write it up.

There will be leaf shutter lenses.

Michael

I can't imagine this will be anything we will see soon, look how long it has taken the Hy6 to materialize, and the ZD, etc.  And since it sounds like this is in reaction to Hassy ending the H2, it's not like it's something they have been working on for a long time if it's just being announced now.  Phase is notorious for announcing things well in advance of it actually shipping.

Time will tell....
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=152447\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

david o

• http://www.davidolivier.net
mamiya and phase
« Reply #53 on: November 14, 2007, 05:19:31 am »

Phase One has been working with Mamiya on this since last November. This was discussed at their dealer meeting at Photokina.

I interviewd the CEO of Phase One yesterday and will have lots more details in a few days as soon as I have a chance to write it up.

Michael
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=152664\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

you have one hour to write it down before I collapse  
(nothing emotional it's just late on my part of the world)
« Last Edit: November 14, 2007, 05:27:44 am by david olivier »

amsp

mamiya and phase
« Reply #54 on: November 14, 2007, 07:13:58 am »

Oh happy days!  Now I don't have to buy a rz67 or that beige monstrosity hasselblad calls a camera

Michael

Snook

mamiya and phase
« Reply #55 on: November 14, 2007, 09:05:26 am »

Leaf shuter lens.... wooooohoooo
That would be a godsend...:+}
PLEASE PLEASE MAMIYA!!!!  
Hopefully for the 645..:+}
Would it be cheaper to have a body that syncs faster or is that too difficult.. Seems like changing the body would almost be better, that way people could use the same lens they have now, Less profit for Mmaiya maybe in the long run tht way??
Well anything will be appreciated!!!
Snook

canmiya

• beyond stills
mamiya and phase
« Reply #56 on: November 14, 2007, 09:18:50 am »

Michael
thanks so much for posting this. the dealer i use here in ny told me the two companies were working together last year.   i did not feel comfortable posting this as the information, although from a trustworthy source was still second hand.  
perhaps this will silence the critics who have suggested or accused phase of sitting back and doing nothing while the other players have been advancing.

amsp

mamiya and phase
« Reply #57 on: November 14, 2007, 09:24:43 am »

Leaf shuter lens.... wooooohoooo
That would be a godsend...:+}
PLEASE PLEASE MAMIYA!!!!  
Hopefully for the 645..:+}
Would it be cheaper to have a body that syncs faster or is that too difficult.. Seems like changing the body would almost be better, that way people could use the same lens they have now, Less profit for Mmaiya maybe in the long run tht way??
Well anything will be appreciated!!!
Snook
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=152693\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Do you actually read the posts? Michael already confirmed they will make leaf shutter lenses. And of course it's for the 645 series, all the rz67 lenses have leaf shutter already. And no, making the shutter in the body move that fast doesn't seem to be technically possible, so it's not a greed thing.

If there is one thing I wish for that hasn't been discussed it's a tilt/shift lens or adapter, now that would be a thorn in hasselblad's ass
« Last Edit: November 14, 2007, 09:30:45 am by amsp »

Snook

mamiya and phase
« Reply #58 on: November 14, 2007, 09:26:45 am »

I must say it did help my decision to buy the P30 over the Aptus 22.. I was battling it for a while and I made the order for the P30... to go with the AFDII.
I sure hope they come up with some great new products together.. To tell you the truth I never like Hassleblad and they might have thought they were going to be a Monopoly but I guess that has changed!! For the better for US.
Snook

lance_schad

mamiya and phase
« Reply #59 on: November 14, 2007, 09:28:04 am »

Well this is very good news for those that are on the fence to what type of digital back / mount that they would like to go with or upgrade to.

Since Phase One has made it official that they will be working with Mamiya in coming out with a new platform that will use new and existing lenses people can feel confident in using the Mamiya 645AFD mount.

I have been suggesting to the people I have been speaking to that are looking to make the move purchase the Mamiya 645AFD mount and then if they have an existing RZ system, upgrade their body to the new ProIID model and use the adapter plate to use the Mamiya 645AFD back on both systems. So they will have a portable one and then a studio/faster flash sync system as well.
Also lenses for the 645FAD are plentiful out in the used market at great prices (for now) so photographers can put a nice kit together for a low cost. This in conjunction with all the promos that Phase One has with bundling either a free Mamiya 645FAFD body(P20+,P21+), Mamiya 645AFD Kit(P30+,P25+)or Mamiya 645AFD kit +28mm lens (P45+) demonstrates their commitment to the 645AFD mount.

Oh yeah you can also use this back with the Flexadapter, so you can have three-camera choices from one digital back.

Lance Schad
Capture Integration -MIAMI
lance@captureintegration.com
305-394-3196

**I am back, just started with CI working out of their Miami location.
LANCE SCHAD - DIGITAL TRANSITIONS
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11   Go Up