Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12   Go Down

Author Topic: Where To For Phase One?  (Read 89429 times)

mcfoto

• http://montalbetticampbell.com
Where To For Phase One?
« Reply #180 on: November 01, 2007, 02:47:58 am »

Quote from: TechTalk,Oct 31 2007, 11:41 PM

From time to time, I also manage to wade into the cesspool of misinformation (that is unfortunately also part of the otherwise useful internet) in order to help clean it up a bit (part-time janitor duties). But only when my nurse is free to help me in and out of the pool.

Hi
In the movie "Pulp Fiction" they had Mr Clean. Just a joke. Keep up the good posts & we welcome your knowledge.
Denis
Denis Montalbetti
Montalbetti+Campbell [

Geoffrey

Where To For Phase One?
« Reply #181 on: November 01, 2007, 05:35:19 am »

Lets keep our priorities straight: while names and more disclosure would be nice, real discussion and sharing of information is more important.

The quality of the writing (and thinking) is thus key. To this end, pss, techtalk, and other key members of this forum are valuable. Thank you for your time.

Geoff

samuel_js

Where To For Phase One?
« Reply #182 on: November 01, 2007, 06:45:38 am »

On the first page of this thread, we get this assertion from you–one you're sure about. I really had hoped that jumping to conclusions wasn't going to be habit forming.
But then on page 2 of this thread, you rush to judgement about my source of income. Incorrectly, I might add.
Then you decide to make this completely false statement. Why? I have no idea.
Then you repeat this falsehood regarding my posts again. Is it in the hope that if you repeat it enough it will become true?

Oh, I did like the "undercover" reference in this round of assertions that I work for Hasselblad. It sounds so conspiratorial and exciting! Ahhh... and then the knife appears, "or a techie who has never taken a pic in his life". Have you thought about writing mystery novels? You do have a gift for fantasy.

Either way, I'm not here to help you or share experiences with you. I'm here to help other people that just might believe rash statements, like the first one you made on this thread regarding the "free" bodies that Leaf and Sinar get. There are innocent and gullible people that use the internet, after all. Some might even read your posts.

My guess is that it is my challenging your assumptions and assertions, on this and other threads, that has you attacking me–and not my anonymity.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=149960\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I think you guys should fly into your own " I'm real and always right" thread because this one is about the future of phaseone. No offense  

thsinar

• http://www.sinarcameras.com
Where To For Phase One?
« Reply #183 on: November 01, 2007, 07:03:57 am »

I fully agree, as well for TechTalk as for Paul, 2 much valuable and interesting persons, as well as many others.

Thierry

Lets keep our priorities straight: while names and more disclosure would be nice, real discussion and sharing of information is more important.

The quality of the writing (and thinking) is thus key. To this end, pss, techtalk, and other key members of this forum are valuable. Thank you for your time.

Geoff
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=149995\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Thierry Hagenauer
thasia_cn@yahoo.com

eronald

• My gallery on Instagram
Where To For Phase One?
« Reply #184 on: November 01, 2007, 08:06:04 am »

I fully agree, as well for TechTalk as for Paul, 2 much valuable and interesting persons, as well as many others.

Thierry
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=150005\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

What I like most about this forum is that people who actually *do* things write about what *they* do. For instance I design color processing algorithms, and I sometimes discuss color. People who make landscape images explain how they are working with their special equipment. etc. I wish more people shared their real-world experiences here ...

Edmund
If you appreciate my blog posts help me by following on https://instagram.com/edmundronald

pss

• http://www.schefz.com
Where To For Phase One?
« Reply #185 on: November 01, 2007, 09:25:45 pm »

i may be totally wrong and this is really getting silly, but in this forum i can only provide opinions and i only look for opinions....thierry as a sinar official can provide facts and official statements regarding sinar and its dealings....all others can simply provide opinions...so it might be entertaining to hear someones writings and opinions but i have no clue who he is and what these opinions are based on so i have to take that with a grain of salt....to go on and believe someone's writings as facts is plain crazy to me.....
i mean we live in times when the white house press secretary put her name under statements and announces "facts" that we all know aren't (there is no torture at quantanamo,....the president has a plan for global warming,..........)...very eloquently of course....
and here i should just believe everything someone who won't even give his name?
again i don't care about the name, just tell me what cameras you have used in the last year, what pics you have taken....if i want "facts", i prefer google at least i can see the source there most of the time......
anyway i am wasting my and everybodies time with this and really..... anyone is wondering why the actual PHOTOGRAPHERS are leaving here? this idiotic discussion gets to 10 screens and ends up with stupid bickering and i am getting sucked in every time because i care about integrity.....

Dustbak

• Pepperanddust
Where To For Phase One?
« Reply #186 on: November 02, 2007, 03:47:38 am »

Don't worry too much Paul  

You are right everything is an opinion even the so believed facts and should be treated as such. People should not take themselves so seriously, the world would be a lot more habitable.

OTOH, I sometimes cannot refrain myself from smiling when looking over the bickering. It does show you that we are dealing with 'real people' doesn't it?

TechTalk

Where To For Phase One?
« Reply #187 on: November 02, 2007, 10:30:17 pm »

There are a wide variety of people that post on this board and an even wider variety of people that only view what is posted. It is clear that individuals utilize this message board for a wide variety of reasons. Some are seeking answers to technical questions, some are interested in information on new products (or existing or older products), some want to discuss the future directions that the industry or manufacturers may take, some want to share their personal experiences with tools and techniques... the list could go on and on–as the needs of individuals vary greatly. These are all good reasons for utilizing the valuable service provided here.

Unfortunately, there is also a negative side to open forums such as this. There are those that are eager to post rumors with no basis in fact. Some will post misinformation or misleading information. This list could be long as well.

The suggestion that everything is an opinion is troubling to me. It leaves the door wide open to post any kind of false assertion and then hide behind the claim that it is just an opinion. The world is made up of both opinion and fact. They are not interchangeable. 1+1 will always equal 2, and no opinion will change that fact. I'm reminded of the saying that "everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but we are not entitled to our own facts". The willingness and ability of individuals to provide their name and examples of their work is certainly of value in evaluating recommendations on techniques and tools used to produce images, but will never make a false assertion or misinformation more true or more accurate. Facts will remain facts regardless of opinion.

When caring about integrity also includes misinformation and false assertions masked as opinion–I'll keep a safe distance as well as my anonymity.
Respice, adspice, prospice - Look to the past, the present, the future

TechTalk

Where To For Phase One?
« Reply #188 on: November 03, 2007, 04:09:50 am »

To continue the original discussion, Phase One recently made additional statements to their partners regarding future plans. In brief:

- The new Phase One camera platform is being developed with a camera partner and they have agreed to release a more in-depth update early this month.

- Phase One has begun stocking up on a large range of new and used medium-format camera bodies. The purpose is to provide a minimum 3-year camera body supply guarantee (for replacement of  damaged customer camera bodies that are not repairable) to purchasers of new Phase One backs. The bodies covered are Contax 645, Fuji GX 645 and GX680, Hasselblad V and H1/H2, Mamiya 645 and RZ/RB. Details to follow in the next couple of weeks.

- Phase One feels confident that they can add back important digital back functionality with the H2F. They are awaiting final production H2F cameras to test their concepts.

- Phase One will have a promotion for a reduced price on P+ backs for Mamiya 645AFD II. Further details to follow soon.

This summarizes additional details not previously mentioned earlier in this thread.

samuel_js

Where To For Phase One?
« Reply #189 on: November 03, 2007, 05:49:46 am »

[Deleted]
« Last Edit: November 03, 2007, 05:58:10 am by samuel_js »

mcfoto

• http://montalbetticampbell.com
Where To For Phase One?
« Reply #190 on: November 03, 2007, 07:45:27 am »

To continue the original discussion, Phase One recently made additional statements to their partners regarding future plans. In brief:

- The new Phase One camera platform is being developed with a camera partner and they have agreed to release a more in-depth update early this month.

- Phase One has begun stocking up on a large range of new and used medium-format camera bodies. The purpose is to provide a minimum 3-year camera body supply guarantee (for replacement of  damaged customer camera bodies that are not repairable) to purchasers of new Phase One backs. The bodies covered are Contax 645, Fuji GX 645 and GX680, Hasselblad V and H1/H2, Mamiya 645 and RZ/RB. Details to follow in the next couple of weeks.

- Phase One feels confident that they can add back important digital back functionality with the H2F. They are awaiting final production H2F cameras to test their concepts.

- Phase One will have a promotion for a reduced price on P+ backs for Mamiya 645AFD II. Further details to follow soon.

This summarizes additional details not previously mentioned earlier in this thread.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=150362\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Hi
Are they doing something with Mamiya?????? Who knows, we will have to wait and see.
Denis Montalbetti
Montalbetti+Campbell [

gehle

Where To For Phase One?
« Reply #191 on: November 03, 2007, 08:03:49 am »

- Phase One has begun stocking up on a large range of new and used medium-format camera bodies. The purpose is to provide a minimum 3-year camera body supply guarantee (for replacement of  damaged customer camera bodies that are not repairable) to purchasers of new Phase One backs. The bodies covered are Contax 645, Fuji GX 645 and GX680, Hasselblad V and H1/H2, Mamiya 645 and RZ/RB. Details to follow in the next couple of weeks.

GREAT! Who do I talk to at Phase because I have a wonderful GX680 III system that I haven't used in 3+ years that I really want to turn into a H camera! Yes I have considered putting a back on the 680 but I am starting to think it just doesn't make sense.

Ken Gehle

Atlanta

david o

• http://www.davidolivier.net
Where To For Phase One?
« Reply #192 on: November 03, 2007, 10:51:35 am »

There's not too many camera system left alone...

That's a smart move but more details are needed for what "bodies not repairable" is because some models listed are still mfgtered (Mam at least in DII version)

That's competition!

will it be for back alone and just bundle...

Good Phase is fighting Blad strategie...

TalkTech may I ask for your source  

godtfred

• http://
Where To For Phase One?
« Reply #193 on: November 03, 2007, 11:07:04 am »

Wohooooooo! If this turns out to be half of what is stated above, then nice going phase!

[attachment=3700:attachment]
Axel Bauer
godtfred.com H2|M679CS|P45+

Mort54

• http://
Where To For Phase One?
« Reply #194 on: November 03, 2007, 11:18:16 am »

They announced it yesterday in their email newsletter. Here's the quote from the email: "Phase One further invests in the medium format with a minimum 3 year Camera Body Supply Guarantee for all Phase One supported platforms! If a photographer, for whatever reason, damages his/her camera body in a way that is beyond repair at an official manufacturer’s repair center, Phase One will supply the customer with a similar camera body for the original purchase price that Phase One paid for the camera. There is no mark-up, stocking fee or handling charge added. This program is valid for all customers who have purchased a Phase One back on or after October 9, 2007. The following camera platforms are included: Contax 645, Fuji GX 645 and GX 680, Hasselblad V and H1/H2, Mamiya 645 and RZ/RB. We will also do all we can to help any customer who has purchased a Phase One digital back before October 9, 2007 if a camera body issue arises."

This was also announced yesterday in their email newsletter. Buy a new P+ back and for a limited time, get a Mamiya 645 AFD II body for FREE. Of course, since Phase One has always been known to discount heavily, it's hard to say whether they'll be as willing to deal on the price of the back with the free camera body as incentive, so will a buyer necessarily come out ahead? Probably yes, but who knows. Here's their exact wording: "Limited time offer: Phase One will include a Mamiya 645 AFD II camera body for all customers purchasing a new P+ Value Added or Classic digital back for Mamiya AFD."

They apparently are also going to announce soon a deal on Mamiya lenses. Here's what the email said on that: "In addition, we are working on a special deal for purchasing a new lens with this offer. Details on the Mamiya lens offer will be available soon."
« Last Edit: November 03, 2007, 11:25:02 am by Mort54 »
I Reject Your Reality And Substitute My

TechTalk

Where To For Phase One?
« Reply #195 on: November 03, 2007, 12:10:00 pm »

TalkTech may I ask for your source 
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=150398\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
The source is a memo from the CEO of Phase One to Phase One employees and dealers that was sent the 22nd of October. Even though Phase One obviously wanted to leak this information to the public, I'm not comfortable with posting a copy of the memo or quoting more than summaries of it until Phase One is ready to make more public statements. Phase One dealers have had this information for well over a week and since all I had seen was one very brief reference, I though that I would share more information from the memo. It is the same memo I referenced in regard to discussions with Jenoptik on the Hy6.

Morgan_Moore

• sammorganmoore.com
Where To For Phase One?
« Reply #196 on: November 03, 2007, 01:31:25 pm »

comment Phases bizzare policy of snapping used and end of line goods - seems like they dont have any tricks up thier sleeve that we will see soon..

S
Sam Morgan Moore Bristol UK

samuel_js

Where To For Phase One?
« Reply #197 on: November 03, 2007, 04:34:42 pm »

comment Phases bizzare policy of snapping used and end of line goods - seems like they dont have any tricks up thier sleeve that we will see soon..

S
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=150425\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Well I think that's great if you own one  of those cameras like I do.

Dustbak

• Pepperanddust
Where To For Phase One?
« Reply #198 on: November 03, 2007, 04:55:59 pm »

It is a very unorthodox move that does show a lot of commitment towards their customers. Kudos to Phase I would say.

Morgan_Moore

• sammorganmoore.com
Where To For Phase One?
« Reply #199 on: November 03, 2007, 05:04:30 pm »

It is a very unorthodox move that does show a lot of commitment towards their customers. Kudos to Phase I would say.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=150442\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Im not saying its a bad thing

Its a good thing - I own an H1 - I wonder if they will sell me one if that one goes south even though I have a sinar back  

I was more commenting on the speculation there has been about fixing to a Hy6, or Phase buying Contax etc

If they were doing those things behind the scenes with an announcement soon I dont think they would have made this move

I imagine that sinar dont want phase on the Hy6 and the contax option is kind of hindered by the flash synch and (I believe) slow AF which doesnt make it a competeing system anyway even if they had access

as I said  my comment

S
Sam Morgan Moore Bristol UK
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12   Go Up