Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11   Go Down

Author Topic: Hy6 vs H3D - Buyer's eval process  (Read 99072 times)

Khun_K

• http://
Hy6 vs H3D - Buyer's eval process
« Reply #160 on: March 01, 2007, 09:20:02 pm »

Personally, I can't get that excited about the HY6.  For one it's not on the shelf to hold or even shoot, but I think all of these propreitary systems run the risk of killing off medium format.

I know all the makers are looking for an advantage and trying to find a way to move people to their digital backs, as the digital back is where the money is, but once you limit us to all in ones especially with lens options, the lure of medium format gets even more expensive, more complicated and quite frankly less appealing.

If it's true and all the profit is in the digital portion of the platform then make a better back rather than trying to use the camera as a lure, or a hammer to move us to a certain system.

Give us open non proprietary file formats, GOOD/large lcds, easy tethering, fast processing, open image formats and reliable, let me repeat this reliable steady tethering and processing software along with glitch free use.

My first digitial back went in for repair three times and replacement once.  For $30,000 it should be more reliable than a $3,995 Canon.

Now my second digital back, the P-30 has been error free and is as easy to use as the Canons,
http://www.russellrutherford.com/recent_miami/
except for the lcd and it is a step in the right direction, though it took a long time for Phase to come out with a back this easy to use with great color.

I hope all the manufacturer's survive, but I don't have high hopes that limitiing us to one camera one back business models will be a success.

JR
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=104036\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
If my initial expression about H3D sounded disappointed, I did not mean it. By all means it is a series and looks like a well engineered camera, and it works. Just that I was much more used to more simplified layout, no guessing work and intuitive to work with camera such as a Contax 645. But thtat does not make H3D a bad camera, or a worse camera. its handling is still way better than 205TCC, which is a lot havier, the grip hurt than hand if you to shoot handheld and so on.
The H3D is a proof of an intention to have the camera worked as a custom-everything camera, and its ability to do all such features is without question welcomed, perhaps there is no way to get around it to reach such a goal and has to settle for such a complicate navigation system. Spend some time I think everyone can master it. I am sure I will.
Ergonomic and control is just very subjective.  On H3D manual it says the manu navigation is similar that of a cell phone was not a bad anology. Some people bother to learn everything the modern cellphone can offer, some just use it as a phone.  Leica M8 sets a good example what a navigation system can be, but it cannot have all those feature of a Canon 1Ds MK2. They are different, and there are many different cameras for many different people, Contax 645, H3D just among them. I am certain with al the years of engineering excellence, the coming Hy6 will without doubt a nice one, perhaps the new standard.

thsinar

• http://www.sinarcameras.com
« Reply #161 on: March 01, 2007, 09:58:59 pm »

I would like to remind here that Sinar has opened a "FAQ" tread on its homepage (www.sinarcameras.com) in the "Forum" part: login or register (5 minutes process) and ask all your questions. They shall be answered within 24 hours.

Thierry

I am certain with al the years of engineering excellence, the coming Hy6 will without doubt a nice one, perhaps the new standard.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=104122\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Thierry Hagenauer
thasia_cn@yahoo.com

RicAgu

« Reply #162 on: March 01, 2007, 11:46:01 pm »

Khun,

You may want to go into the custom menu and switch the thumb wheel to control the aperture and the index finger wheel to control the shutter.  It seems a little counter intuitive, but a day of shooting and your set.  You can keep your finger on the shutter and change the aperture with your thumb.

Best of luck with your H3

R
« Last Edit: March 01, 2007, 11:46:32 pm by RicAgu »

Gary Yeowell

« Reply #163 on: March 02, 2007, 05:05:15 am »

Personally i can't  get too excited about the HY6 either. The 6000 series Rollei never took off in the UK at all due to the poor back-up service by the Rollei importers, the ridiculous pricing - until they woke up, and the iffy reputation for build quality of the bodies.  As a pro system it was never taken seriously in the UK as not one single rental house i can think of carried it.

Considering that the lens range was very special and the camera offered much, it was a shame, however in the UK at least, once the poor reputation had been established it was downhill from there, not even the aggressive pricing adopted could hide the change of ownership/distributor every year.

I do hope that they manage to pull it around, but personally i think the Contax system even in its present dead state, is still very hard to beat.

Gary.

James Russell

« Reply #164 on: March 02, 2007, 09:52:41 am »

Personally i can't  get too excited about the HY6 either. The 6000 series Rollei never took off in the UK at all due to the poor back-up service by the Rollei importers, the ridiculous pricing - until they woke up, and the iffy reputation for build quality of the bodies.  As a pro system it was never taken seriously in the UK as not one single rental house i can think of carried it.

Considering that the lens range was very special and the camera offered much, it was a shame, however in the UK at least, once the poor reputation had been established it was downhill from there, not even the aggressive pricing adopted could hide the change of ownership/distributor every year.

I do hope that they manage to pull it around, but personally i think the Contax system even in its present dead state, is still very hard to beat.

Gary.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=104173\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Not that I have a dog in this fight, because I will probably use the Contax(s) until they stop making backs for them, but the killer of any system is the availability in rental.

Off and on I've seen Rollei come into a market with the 6000 series, make a big splash and promise lower prices, service, rental support, etc. etc., only to disappear behind a website of point and shoots.

Maybe this time it will be diffferent, but I suggest that the moment this camera hits the dealers shelf it should be in every major rental house with a full line of lenses and accessories.

On a professional level, the word on the street can make or break a system.  At one point I got interested in the Mamiya 645, but so many rental houses were sending them back for repair that I and many others just passed.

That and the obvious plasticy feel of the lenses and no removeable prism.

Still, it seems confusing how the HY6 will work.  If someone is shooting a Leaf branded HY6 but needs to rent a second body does the Sinar Hy6 work with a Leaf back, or vice-versa?

Digital capture is already complicated and confusing enough, not to have the camera also become propiretary and manufacturer's pdf spec sheets and website claims mean very little when you begin production.

Right now I own Phase and Leaf backs and obviously this would take the HY6 out of my equation.

I guess time will tell how this all shakes out.

JR

Dustbak

• Pepperanddust
« Reply #165 on: March 02, 2007, 09:57:39 am »

Currently the only thing that looks really appealing to me about the Hy6/Afi system are the lenses.

I will just wait and see. For the time being I will settle with what I have (unless I get convinced by real good hard arguments).
« Last Edit: March 02, 2007, 10:00:42 am by Dustbak »

thsinar

• http://www.sinarcameras.com
« Reply #166 on: March 02, 2007, 10:49:19 am »

Dear James,

this question is one among many others asked today on the special FAQ tread specially opened on Sinar's homepage. It should be answered within 24 hours (weekend in-between!).

May I invite you to login to the Sinar forum and see the answers there.

Best regards,
Thierry

Still, it seems confusing how the HY6 will work.  If someone is shooting a Leaf branded HY6 but needs to rent a second body does the Sinar Hy6 work with a Leaf back, or vice-versa?

JR
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=104206\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Thierry Hagenauer
thasia_cn@yahoo.com

paul_jones

• http://www.paulrossjones.com
« Reply #167 on: March 02, 2007, 12:38:16 pm »

here we are bitching about phase's screen for the 1000th time, but how about fixing what is "wrong" with MF? at least the Hy6 is working towards a new mirror construction to dampen the bounce....we will see how it works, i will probably be better then the 6008, which was pretty good for a 6x6 mirror.....
again: multi zone AF? is it really that hard?

[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=104063\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

i thought i read the 6008 had 3 point af? i had assumed that the hy6 would used the same 3 point af?

paul
check my new website
[url=http://www.pau

nik

• Nick Vasilopoulos Photography
« Reply #168 on: March 03, 2007, 10:45:21 pm »

I have been on the sinar forum and asked a few questions, but I was most surprised at the low volume of questions being asked, an indication of dwindling interest in the camera? I've a feeling that it may be another Contax, good camera system, but just couldn't make it in the tough market. A pity, as hasselblad needs the competition.

I've edited my earlier post as I found Thierry's clarification post regarding the Sinar Hy6/Leaf AFi. Turns out that you will be able to interchange backs between them. http://luminous-landscape.com/forum/index....showtopic=14503

Apologies for the rant.

Lastly, I can't see phase not developing an adapter for this camera, they need to sell as many backs as they can, so, the Hy6/Afi may be in your equation.

-Nik

Still, it seems confusing how the HY6 will work.  If someone is shooting a Leaf branded HY6 but needs to rent a second body does the Sinar Hy6 work with a Leaf back, or vice-versa?

Digital capture is already complicated and confusing enough, not to have the camera also become propiretary and manufacturer's pdf spec sheets and website claims mean very little when you begin production.

Right now I own Phase and Leaf backs and obviously this would take the HY6 out of my equation.

I guess time will tell how this all shakes out.

JR
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=104206\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
« Last Edit: March 04, 2007, 12:36:52 am by nik »

mcfoto

• http://montalbetticampbell.com
« Reply #169 on: March 04, 2007, 12:32:53 am »

Quote from: nik,Mar 3 2007, 10:45 PM
Agreed, I'm getting less and less excited with the Hy6, many people are still confused regarding just how it's going to work and with what camera/back. When announced at Photokina I saw great promise in the camera as I was under the common impression that it would be a camera body that would accept any back (picking up from where Hasselblad left off), have a decent selection of quality glass with good flash sync speed, decent mirror slap, 645&6x6 film backs and still be in production for a few years!  But now the roadmap makes it look not too different to the H3D, ie - you buy everything from the same source (Leaf or Sinar at this point), otherwise it won't work. Why the Rolliflex branded version won't be released in the USA is confusing too. I have been on the sinar forum and asked a few questions, but I was most surprised at the low volume of questions being asked, an indication of dwindling interest in the camera? I've a feeling that it may be another Contax, good camera system, but just couldn't make it in the tough market. A pity, as hasselblad needs the competition.

Hi  
Been away in NYC for 3 weeks, just got back. Canon just announced the 1DD MIII & they will have more new cameras this year. I still enjoy MFD but....., the market share of MF has dropped a hell of a lot in the past 7 years. The Hy6 is a brave move & I would rent it, but would I buy it, that is the question? In the US your fees are higher in the larger markets ($10,000.00/ day USD). In Sydney you will be lucky to get $4500.00/shot( AUD) & the equipment is more expensive because our dollar is worth less than the USD. I doubt Canada would be any different as I am orginally from Canada. I expect that the Hy6 will be similar in price to the Hasselblad. So what is Phase One going to do??? They are not part of the H3D or Hy6 platform. Maby they will have to do a deal with Mamiya??? The MFD is not a big market now & personally I think it is a large part due to Canon. MFD is a small market & I still think it has better quality but for most photographers these days do they really care?  Somehow I think Hasselblad will be the no#1 player if not the only player left in MFD. Any comments?
Thanks Denis
montalbetticampbell.com
Denis Montalbetti
Montalbetti+Campbell [

James Russell

« Reply #170 on: March 04, 2007, 01:34:36 am »

Hi 
Been away in NYC for 3 weeks, just got back. Canon just announced the 1DD MIII & they will have more new cameras this year. I still enjoy MFD but....., the market share of MF has dropped a hell of a lot in the past 7 years. The Hy6 is a brave move & I would rent it, but would I buy it, that is the question? In the US your fees are higher in the larger markets ($10,000.00/ day USD). In Sydney you will be lucky to get $4500.00/shot( AUD) & the equipment is more expensive because our dollar is worth less than the USD. I doubt Canada would be any different as I am orginally from Canada. I expect that the Hy6 will be similar in price to the Hasselblad. So what is Phase One going to do??? They are not part of the H3D or Hy6 platform. Maby they will have to do a deal with Mamiya??? The MFD is not a big market now & personally I think it is a large part due to Canon. MFD is a small market & I still think it has better quality but for most photographers these days do they really care?  Somehow I think Hasselblad will be the no#1 player if not the only player left in MFD. Any comments?
Thanks Denis
montalbetticampbell.com
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=104513\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I'm not in the camera making or camera selling business, but I think as photographers we talk a lot more about these cameras and availability than Phase does.

To begin with medium format cameras have always been 10 year purchases at least with film and I don't see why they should be any more or less long lived with digital, unless someone finds a way to make them purposely obsolete with firmware or software changes.

I doubt seriously if my three contax bodies will not be working as well in a decade as they do today, but let's say the don't and let's even take this further and say all medium format cameras stopped production today.

With the current supply of RZ's, blads both H and V systems, Mamiya and what's left of the Contax supply I doubt if anyone would really go without a camera for a long time.

But since you brought up Phase, I believe if they had introduced the P-30 about the time of the original 1ds, they're would have been a lot less photographers move to Canon from their medium format cameras.

I'm not pimping anything and own Canon's, Nikons, Leaf and Phase and have owned Kodak and Fuji.  Out of all of them only the original 1ds and the P-30 have been error free and required zero repairs.  In the last few months I've shot around 15,000 or more frames with the P-30 and not a glitch.  

Considering the price is almost 1/2 that of my original Aptus though double a 1ds2, it stands to reason that a back at this price point and with stable software and excellent color would have gone a long way of slowing the slide to Canon.

There is definatley a place for the dslrs, just like with film there was a place for medium format and 35mm.  

I use the Canon's regularly, but for certain jobs like tethering, or where more dynamic range and better color response is needed the Canon's don't match  medium format.  

Whether a client see's this or not is irrelevant.

In regards to the HY6, until it's released, prices set, systems made available and it has a following in purchase and rentals I don't think it really matters.  Later, once it's proven itself and if it gains a following, then I guess it's something that all of us could/should look at, but today it's just a website and a pdf.

Still, for medium format to do more than survive, to actually thrive the winner will be the manufacturer that makes a reliable product that has stable fast software, produces great color and at a good price.  

For Leaf, Hasselblad and Sinar to all go with propreitary systems is their choice and it's their perogative, but I hold to the thought that success will come to the company that produces the best product, not the best behind the scenes deal.

Then again I might be wrong.

JR

DavidLehman

• http://www.davidrlehman.com
« Reply #171 on: March 04, 2007, 08:44:42 am »

The worst thing that could happen is that the back makers all sign on to proprietary bodies (like Hassy) and then we're all screwed. I went to MF for OPTIONS. I've got Leaf, I've now got Phase. My H1 was sucking it up, so I switched to Contax but kept my Leaf. Same back, different body. The Leaf wasn't playing nice with the Contax? I get a P30. So now I've created for myself a system that is WHAT I WANT. Not what some jerky manufacturer/photo mag/website tells me is best. Especially when they can't agree upon what kind of potato chips to serve at some never-gonna-happen comparison meeting.

Options.

Khun_K

« Reply #172 on: March 04, 2007, 11:08:24 am »

If my initial expression about H3D sounded disappointed, I did not mean it. By all means it is a series and looks like a well engineered camera, and it works. Just that I was much more used to more simplified layout, no guessing work and intuitive to work with camera such as a Contax 645. But thtat does not make H3D a bad camera, or a worse camera. its handling is still way better than 205TCC, which is a lot havier, the grip hurt than hand if you to shoot handheld and so on.
The H3D is a proof of an intention to have the camera worked as a custom-everything camera, and its ability to do all such features is without question welcomed, perhaps there is no way to get around it to reach such a goal and has to settle for such a complicate navigation system. Spend some time I think everyone can master it. I am sure I will.
Ergonomic and control is just very subjective.  On H3D manual it says the manu navigation is similar that of a cell phone was not a bad anology. Some people bother to learn everything the modern cellphone can offer, some just use it as a phone.  Leica M8 sets a good example what a navigation system can be, but it cannot have all those feature of a Canon 1Ds MK2. They are different, and there are many different cameras for many different people, Contax 645, H3D just among them. I am certain with al the years of engineering excellence, the coming Hy6 will without doubt a nice one, perhaps the new standard.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=104122\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
After some initial test, I can add few more comments for H3D39.
The view finder - it is confirmed that it is perhpas 1 stop brighter than Contax 645, so it is more pleasant to look thru the viewfinder, and easier to manual focus. The AF is faster than Contax 645, I can't comment on the accuracy since they both looked good to me and I don't rely on AF that much anyway.
The camera is comfortable to hold at eye-level (in shooting position), I will still say I prefer Contax 645, but may be I am just got used to it. But H3D is of course no problem at all for this concern. However, if shooting in location, I did notice that H3D grip is not that comfortable to carry (when it is not on eye-level), especially with heavy lenses (such as the 50-110 zoom I tried today. I don't have the 300/4.5 but at least I knwo it is the most heaviest). If I will carry the camera for an outdoor assignment, a hand strap or shoulder strap should not be spared. The contour of the hand grip look my thumb in position thus making carrying the camera somewhat in a not so comfortable position. In this regard, Contax 645 is superior. I have been in location shoot for hours and hours, handheld, with no problem.
The software - my first try with Flexcolor today and it was OK, still have to learn more, but I was doing better than I expected. I did not read the menu, but basically I went thru most of the control and able to make/try necessary adjustments. I think Flexcolor has its own approach, it will take time for me to comment how good it is to compare against Capture One, but the interface is easy to get familair with, although I missed 2 things which I got from years of using Capture One: (1) the pie - which I can move the mouse pointer around to get the color tone I like (2) the speed - importing the file from CF card is slow, I think next time I will try to download the image to the HDD then try again. And adjusting images (3FR) is slow, processing is slow, compare to raw file from P45 or CS2. I did not covert the 3FR to DNG to compare, sorry!
The DAC correction - The Flexcolor give the correction window with 2 options - chromatic aberration and distortion. My test shots did not allow me to find visible improvement on chromatic aberration correction but the distortion adjustment is VERY noticeable. The most visible effect, if I can describe it correctly, is that visually you can tell the image field flattened after DAC. I checked a few images made by HCD 28mm, not necessarily there are distortions (straight line being curved) to be corrected, but you can compare the before and after picture looks like a sphere image being pulled flat. So the effect is visible not just the centers of the image, but visible on entire image. I have to comment that the image before correction looks OK to me on certain captures, and making it flattend out make you feel that the 3d curvature of the image has been recalculated and pulled flat. On some images, I do not notice much distortion problem before correction, it seemed the software adjust the geometry of the image. And yes, on some images where I try to test the lens performance, particular the HCD 28mm, and yes I did notice some barrel distortion on the corners on some shots, and the DAC did its work. I will have to say this is a useful tool. The shot I made is still not perfect to analyze this, I shall comment later when I test some architecture or interior objects.
Sharpness - from the raw file, it seemed the H3D 3FR has less pre-sharpening than P45. If I address sharpening value of 50 on Capture One, it is easily go above 100 value in Flexcolor, so, it is difficult to comment how sharp the H3D + H lenses system compare to Contax 645+P45. But judged from the developed image, the HCD 28mm is VERY SHARP! I will say it is a lens worth its price, but time will tell.
Overall - The H3D should be a trong performer, but I only did 20 pictures today so it is nowhere near the limit of any camera so to speak. I will put it into tougher work to tell its true manner. Overall the camera is easy to work with, I tried to keep my eye on the viewfinder and adjust the control as much as possible and it worked well. Given time, I think it will be a good professional tool. And again, I will also have to comment for such a camera of such cost, and the digital back attached, H3D could have made the camera looked more expensive than the plastic feeling exterior. The hand grip is in itself a rechargable power source - which can be removed and reattached. I think the entire camera+lens+back rely on such detachable grip is an oversight in design. I would expect Hasselblad to extend the body to cover at least portion of the hand/grip as permanent feature than designed as is. It does not feel filmsy in anyway, but may be it is still brand new, but having the entire handle as a removable part to me was not a good idea, may be this was the idea extended from the 2000 series, but certainly for a modern product, they can look at the Contax 645.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2007, 11:13:07 am by Khun_K »

marc gerritsen

• http://www.marcgerritsen.com
« Reply #173 on: March 05, 2007, 10:08:15 am »

Hi Khun
I am sitting on the fence tp upgrade my H2D39 to a H3D39, but the waiting list is still too long.
Just wondering if you have checked the noise situation in different circumstances and was hoping the H3D has usable 400 asa possibilities.

Regarding flexcolor sharpening I set it at 250 for pin sharp images without increasing noise levels

As far as comparisons with other mf  cameras I can only compare it with my old Pentax 67 and Mamiya RZ and find that after 24000 frames the HD has become a natural extension of my hand!
Well actually a natural extension of my tripod.  

I can garantee that the DAC works 100%, I do mostly architecture and interior and the DAC arrived after about 3 months of purchasing the HD. It was a godsend and I really did not know how I managed before, I stopped shooting straight on as the moustache distortion caused such hassles.

Anyway good luck with it
Marc

pss

• http://www.schefz.com
« Reply #174 on: March 05, 2007, 03:44:55 pm »

I'm not in the camera making or camera selling business, but I think as photographers we talk a lot more about these cameras and availability than Phase does.

To begin with medium format cameras have always been 10 year purchases at least with film and I don't see why they should be any more or less long lived with digital, unless someone finds a way to make them purposely obsolete with firmware or software changes.

I doubt seriously if my three contax bodies will not be working as well in a decade as they do today, but let's say the don't and let's even take this further and say all medium format cameras stopped production today.

With the current supply of RZ's, blads both H and V systems, Mamiya and what's left of the Contax supply I doubt if anyone would really go without a camera for a long time.

But since you brought up Phase, I believe if they had introduced the P-30 about the time of the original 1ds, they're would have been a lot less photographers move to Canon from their medium format cameras.

I'm not pimping anything and own Canon's, Nikons, Leaf and Phase and have owned Kodak and Fuji.  Out of all of them only the original 1ds and the P-30 have been error free and required zero repairs.  In the last few months I've shot around 15,000 or more frames with the P-30 and not a glitch. 

Considering the price is almost 1/2 that of my original Aptus though double a 1ds2, it stands to reason that a back at this price point and with stable software and excellent color would have gone a long way of slowing the slide to Canon.

There is definatley a place for the dslrs, just like with film there was a place for medium format and 35mm. 

I use the Canon's regularly, but for certain jobs like tethering, or where more dynamic range and better color response is needed the Canon's don't match  medium format. 

Whether a client see's this or not is irrelevant.

In regards to the HY6, until it's released, prices set, systems made available and it has a following in purchase and rentals I don't think it really matters.  Later, once it's proven itself and if it gains a following, then I guess it's something that all of us could/should look at, but today it's just a website and a pdf.

Still, for medium format to do more than survive, to actually thrive the winner will be the manufacturer that makes a reliable product that has stable fast software, produces great color and at a good price. 

For Leaf, Hasselblad and Sinar to all go with propreitary systems is their choice and it's their perogative, but I hold to the thought that success will come to the company that produces the best product, not the best behind the scenes deal.

Then again I might be wrong.

JR
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=104517\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

couldn't agree more....the photographers i talk to are interested in the Hy6, because it is a new toy and competition is good in the market....but they get REALLY excited when they see files from the P30 and the way C1 shoots tethered and the looks i can create in no time....up to 800asa (soon up to 1600) and the fact that they can use it on their RZs which they are getting triple back ups of everything right now on ebay because this stuff will last for decades and it is getting cheaper and cheaper.....
the P30 is an incredible value and it just works....i don't see canon even getting close for a couple of years...but they know they don't have to anyway....
for someone who has been shooting with an RZ for years, the idea of HAVING to switch to any camerasystem is very scary.....but putting on a back which just happens to put out one 14x19 print at 360 as fast as their packs recycle.....that's exciting....and they all know a bit PS, so LR is something they can break into fairly easily and either way their assistants all have some experience with this stuff anyway (or hire a dtech)...so they are safe and after a couple of shoots they are confident enough.....because it works.....but it has to work just like that...the ones that do work like that will survive.....the systems that try to force a camerasystem (and their own software) to come with the backs will have to change or disappear....

if i was hasselblad i would be scared by the number of people (just on this board) who use a "dead" system (contax).....and this is not because the hass is too expensive.....

doncody

« Reply #175 on: March 05, 2007, 05:24:23 pm »

Hi Khun
I am sitting on the fence tp upgrade my H2D39 to a H3D39, but the waiting list is still too long.
Just wondering if you have checked the noise situation in different circumstances and was hoping the H3D has usable 400 asa possibilities.

Regarding flexcolor sharpening I set it at 250 for pin sharp images without increasing noise levels

As far as comparisons with other mf  cameras I can only compare it with my old Pentax 67 and Mamiya RZ and find that after 24000 frames the HD has become a natural extension of my hand!
Well actually a natural extension of my tripod. 

I can garantee that the DAC works 100%, I do mostly architecture and interior and the DAC arrived after about 3 months of purchasing the HD. It was a godsend and I really did not know how I managed before, I stopped shooting straight on as the moustache distortion caused such hassles.
Anyway good luck with it

Marc,  Dumb question.  What is DAC?  Thx
Marc
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=104787\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

TorbenEskerod

« Reply #176 on: March 05, 2007, 05:54:24 pm »

xx
« Last Edit: January 20, 2008, 07:09:06 am by TorbenEskerod »

pss

• http://www.schefz.com
« Reply #177 on: March 05, 2007, 06:01:34 pm »

Hi Paul

Do you happen to know if there is a Contax to Mamiya RZ or RB adapter plate ?

I would love to use my P45 (Contax mount) on my Mamiya.

Thanks

Torben
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=104883\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

not that i know of..i would find out through phase...they make an adapter to use  hass V mount phase backs for the RZ and (obviously) one for the mamiya 645 mounts....so maybe they have a contax as well?

josayeruk

« Reply #178 on: March 05, 2007, 06:46:09 pm »

Hi Paul

I would love to use my P45 (Contax mount) on my Mamiya.

Thanks

Torben
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Try this mob...

[a href=\"http://www.eco-digital.com/products/products/adapters.html]http://www.eco-digital.com/products/products/adapters.html[/url]

Jo Sx

godtfred

« Reply #179 on: March 05, 2007, 06:53:09 pm »

[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
As far as i can tell, eco-digital presents an adapter for contax to RZ cameras, but I have no other info than the one presented on the webpage:

[a href=\"http://eco-digital.com/products/index.html]http://eco-digital.com/products/index.html[/url]

Good luck finding one though, and if it works, please let me know  

-axel

ooops, I was a bit late there, good work finding eco-digital Jo!
« Last Edit: March 05, 2007, 06:54:06 pm by godtfred »
Axel Bauer
godtfred.com H2|M679CS|P45+
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11   Go Up