Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Epson P7570 or P9570 printer--overall satisfaction?  (Read 5791 times)

deanwork

Re: Epson P7570 or P9570 printer--overall satisfaction?
« Reply #40 on: March 29, 2022, 01:00:11 pm »

If you can. Canon told me with the 8300 I couldn’t get parts for many things. I had an electronic error and they were wanting to replace a main board for that but boards were no longer available. There was only one outfit in California that had one to sell me for $700.00. I installed it myself since it wasn’t difficult but it still didn’t work. So that was the end of the line for me. After that I found out a guy in town was a retired tech that could have worked on it but I didn’t know about him. But for this printer he might not have been able to get parts either.

You can look up the availability of 8300/8400 inks and heads as well. There is an end date and if it’s not here yet it will be very soon. Actually I don’t know if they keep them in stock anywhere. Haven’t checked lately.

Good insight. I have a 6400 and 8300 and if they ever have any problems (none so far thankfully) I'm just going to get them repaired instead of replaced.

Asael

• Asael Dror
« Reply #41 on: March 29, 2022, 10:04:54 pm »

So, who/where is the retired tech that maybe can work on the 8300?
I need help to try to revive mine!
(printer is in San Francisco.)
Thanks!!

vjbelle

« Reply #42 on: March 30, 2022, 12:24:41 pm »

If my 8400 develops any issue I can't fix with a head replacement then I will purchase another printer.  It's just too old to put any major money into.  At that point more than likely a 9000.

Victor B.

deanwork

« Reply #43 on: March 30, 2022, 02:14:49 pm »

My dream is that Canon will completely change the inkset on the 4100 . The mechanics of the printer are really good.  It is possible that Epson will figure out a way to use thicker fiber media with the 9570 with high-speed off by this fall, which is as long as I can wait.

If my 8400 develops any issue I can't fix with a head replacement then I will purchase another printer.  It's just too old to put any major money into.  At that point more than likely a 9000.

Victor B.

MfAlab

• Modern Fine Art printing laboratory
    • HSU fine print
« Reply #44 on: April 19, 2022, 01:52:00 am »

Hi Victor,   I’m not Howard, but “right now” I’d not recommend the 9570.  When it prints “right” it is beautiful.  But it is too unpredictable at the moment.  I can say that many of the initial issues have been eliminated or improved through firmware, driver, EMI updates over the last 2 years.  9 firmware updates (of course we have no clue as to what any of them did since Epson doesn’t say) that I’ve tracked so far.  But some of the issues seem “mechanical” in nature and I’m not sure any of us are convinced (at the moment) that they can be fixed via firmware, etc.

Rand

Epson did say something about firmware updates. You can read it on Epson Japan website.
https://www.epson.jp/dl_soft/readme/34858.htm

But it is hard to connect the real issue in printing and the release note.
Kang-Wei Hsu
digital printing & color management
fixative tests preview: https://reurl.cc/OVGDmr
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up