Pages: 1 ... 99 100 [101] 102 103 ... 153   Go Down

Author Topic: Promising New Coronavirus Vaccine  (Read 107029 times)

TechTalk

Re: Promising New Coronavirus Vaccine
« Reply #2000 on: September 30, 2021, 06:02:35 pm »

What does that mean related to Covid?

The goal is to draw one or more parties into a circular and endlessly repetitive argument and then attempt to drag you thru a series of diversionary rabbit holes. It's exhausting for those that are engaged in it and a source of endless delight for the originator of the game.
Respice, adspice, prospice - Look to the past, the present, the future

TechTalk

« Reply #2001 on: September 30, 2021, 08:19:23 pm »

battles can be won or lost based on casualties from disease.  But it's different for civilians.

When civilians are the "casualties from disease", winning or losing the battle and the war, against the common enemy of a pandemic disease, doesn't seem all that different or any less important.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2021, 08:23:54 pm by TechTalk »

Robert Roaldi

• Robert's Photos
« Reply #2002 on: September 30, 2021, 10:09:06 pm »

...  Freedom costs. No one said liberty is cheap.

That's hilariously over the top. We're talking about masks and vaccines here, get a grip, will ya. Are you suggesting that the people in countries who better followed public health measures are somehow less free?
--
Robert

LesPalenik

• advantica blog
« Reply #2003 on: September 30, 2021, 11:41:55 pm »

Freedom costs. No one said liberty is cheap.

Stupidity comes also with a high cost. For many, it is just one-time cost.

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #2004 on: October 01, 2021, 12:33:49 am »

The constitution allows people the freedom to be stupid.  it doesn't matter if you think you know what would be best for them.

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #2005 on: October 01, 2021, 01:19:22 am »

In my neck of the woods stores were never shut down, restaurants continued with take only, schools continued with remote classes, sports continued, but only on TV, shipping continued...but was slowed down by workers getting infected with Covid.

Bottom line, if measures were not taken, the economy would still be drastically affected by Covid spreading and killing everything in its path. Tell me, if that restaurant down the street allowed you to go indoors and have a pizza, would you and your wife walk down and enjoy your dinner out when say thousands of people all around you were dieing from Covid? Do you think that production worker would go to work if his fellow employees were dropping dead around him?
What are you going to do if you lose your job or your business that supports your family, God forbid?

TechTalk

« Reply #2006 on: October 01, 2021, 01:25:16 am »

The constitution allows people the freedom to be stupid.

It doesn't give you a blank check to become a menace to society as a result of your constitutionally protected stupidity.

TechTalk

« Reply #2007 on: October 01, 2021, 01:37:42 am »

What are you going to do if you lose your job or your business that supports your family, God forbid?

That will depend on the individual and their specific circumstances. As long as they're not sick, hospitalized, or dead; the future has a vast array of possibilities.

Robert Roaldi

• Robert's Photos
« Reply #2008 on: October 01, 2021, 07:14:27 am »

It happens all the time. Why are you suddenly concerned this time?
--
Robert

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #2009 on: October 01, 2021, 09:17:49 am »

It happens all the time. Why are you suddenly concerned this time?
Because many here are nonchalant about people who have lost their jobs and businesses because of shutdowns.  If you couldn't pay your rent or mortgage, and your family was facing living on the street, you'd be concerned as well.  We can't ignore the economic problems and only concern ourselves with the health problems caused by Covid.  It's not an either-or situation.  Government officials have to make hard decisions and choices, often in conflict with each other that affect real people.  It's not an intellectual exercise.

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #2010 on: October 01, 2021, 09:19:42 am »

That will depend on the individual and their specific circumstances. As long as they're not sick, hospitalized, or dead; the future has a vast array of possibilities.
Easy for you to say if you haven't lost your job or business.

Robert Roaldi

• Robert's Photos
« Reply #2011 on: October 01, 2021, 09:53:38 am »

Because many here are nonchalant about people who have lost their jobs and businesses because of shutdowns. ...

NOBODY here is nonchalant about that. Stop gaslighting. If anything, YOU are the one who does not want government support systems for people in trouble. You're in favour of tieing health care to jobs, imagine how THAT impacts those unemployed people. You are the one NOT in favour of social safety nets because it encourages sloth, so please don't bore me now by pretending you care. It doesn't wash.
--
Robert

Robert Roaldi

• Robert's Photos
« Reply #2012 on: October 01, 2021, 09:54:06 am »

Easy for you to say if you haven't lost your job or business.

Stop gaslighting.
--
Robert

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #2013 on: October 01, 2021, 10:03:09 am »

NOBODY here is nonchalant about that. Stop gaslighting. If anything, YOU are the one who does not want government support systems for people in trouble. You're in favour of tieing health care to jobs, imagine how THAT impacts those unemployed people. You are the one NOT in favour of social safety nets because it encourages sloth, so please don't bore me now by pretending you care. It doesn't wash.
I prefer government to leave us alone.  We'd be better off.

At a press conference on August 12th, 1986, US President Ronald Reagan said, “The nine most terrifying words in the English language are ‘I’m from the government and I’m here to help.’”

Peter McLennan

« Reply #2014 on: October 01, 2021, 11:22:40 am »

I prefer government to leave us alone.  We'd be better off.

At a press conference on August 12th, 1986, US President Ronald Reagan said, “The nine most terrifying words in the English language are ‘I’m from the government and I’m here to help.’”

« Last Edit: October 01, 2021, 12:00:51 pm by Peter McLennan »

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #2015 on: October 01, 2021, 11:40:07 am »

Well, of course, we need an Army and a Coast Guard.  But I seem to recall the lousy job FEMA did with Katrina.  Of course, it was a Republican president then so maybe that's the reason.    I can't believe you used that disaster and picture to show off the government.   The FED is creating an inflation nightmare with their help regarding Covid.  Congress is about to add to the debt with all their new spending.    Weren't you one of those who said the government had nothing to do with getting the vaccines out?  Trump's Operation Warp Speed was a joke.  It was the private industry that did it. 

chez

« Reply #2016 on: October 01, 2021, 11:51:24 am »

Pretty damn hard to run your business when your employees are all holed up in their basements afraid of dieing from Covid. Remember those meat processing plants that Trump had to force the workers back to work as they were scared for their lives as coworkers were dropping dead all around them. Now imagine that scenario all over the country as no Covid restrictions are put into place.

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #2017 on: October 01, 2021, 11:57:01 am »

Pretty damn hard to run your business when your employees are all holed up in their basements afraid of dieing from Covid. Remember those meat processing plants that Trump had to force the workers back to work as they were scared for their lives as coworkers were dropping dead all around them. Now imagine that scenario all over the country as no Covid restrictions are put into place.
I'm trying to address both issues with the disease - health and economic.  A very difficult conundrum.  You seem to only care about the health issue and want to ignore economic problems.  The latter will be with us a long time after the health issues are gone. 

Manoli

« Reply #2018 on: October 01, 2021, 12:19:56 pm »

It was the private industry that did it.

Again ?
I've lost count how many times you've tried to scavenge down that rabbit hole.

Peter McLennan

« Reply #2019 on: October 01, 2021, 12:21:32 pm »

Well, of course, we need an Army and a Coast Guard. 

... and an air force and a navy and police and libraries and highways and bridges and flood control structures and national parks and hospitals and fire departments and rules that guarantee the food safety of your pizzas and safety regulations for the airlines that fly you to those national parks so you can take pictures of them and...

Do you understand the meaning of the term "governance" ?  GOVERNance?

I can't believe you used that disaster and picture to show off the government.

Why?  Who else is that helicopter representing?  Corporate America?

Pages: 1 ... 99 100 [101] 102 103 ... 153   Go Up