Robert, I have to conclude that nobody cares anymore.
.
.
.
I'm finding it harder and harder to care about the USA. Trump fired some labour stat bureaucrat because he didn't like the numbers she published. He then posted a number of things about the numbers, their timing, their political slant, all of which were shown to be untrue after a few minutes of fact-checking. Do you think anyone cares about facts anymore? People are barbecuing or at the cottage, or saturated with all the bs. The latest thing I've heard about is 'jobs for heritage americans'. So maybe 'heritage american' certification will become a thing now. It's a fictitious thing but there are benefits to having an uneducated and illiterate population. Maybe the Trump clan can launch a 'heritage' testing service.
RFK Jr fired his vaccine advisory board and replaced them with several vaccine skeptics. Think about that one for a minute. A vaccine skeptic? He may as well hire flat-earthers. OTOH, he is quite open about not believing in germ theory of disease so Trump must want incompetent insane people to work for him. At this point, the USA might be like those addicts. They won't turn their lives around unless they hit bottom and maybe the US hasn't sunk down low enough yet. I listened to a Sam Harris podcast the other day in which the interviewee described the devastation in science research funding because the "anti-woke" cult is angry at universities. MTG, a avowed QAnon fellow traveller (Jewish space lasers) is now considered to be an important force in Congress, especially in fund raising. Digest that for a moment.
The headlines say that Trump increased tariffs for Canada to 35%. I think it was 35%, I'm not really sure because who can keep track. It used to 25%, didn't it, then it was 10% maybe, but wasn't it 50% or 100% as well. I don't really know anymore. Is anyone paying attention to this horseshit? I stopped. Does Trump employ economic modellers to come up with these rates or does he pull them out of his ass on a whim? History has seen this before though, a nation brought down by one madman. (Did I just come close to invoking Godwin?)
Trump was angry at some health-industry related company Extremity Care LLC. They made a contribution to a Super PAC and he changed his mind. All well documented, as reported in a recent Popular Information SubStack. Utterly corrupt and not even trying to hide it anymore. It's all understandable. Trump doesn't care a damn about the USA. He doesn't care about US citizens or even the people who voted for him. They'll go along with anything anyway. There are moves afoot to further change voting districts in Texas and Florida and who knows where else. I noticed that after catching either De Santis (or his wife) in some financial scam a month or two ago, he laid low. It worked, everyone has forgotten and he's back. Oh well, all politicians are crooks right, but it's ok if he's OUR crook. Geezus, people are so f**king stupid, maybe the species doesn't deserve to survive.
Maybe the best thing the rest of the world can do is cut ties with the USA at this point. It won't be easy or cheap to do so but it might be cheaper than the alternative. I saw a funny post on FB. It said that Canada should seek inclusion into the EU since Canada is only 15 km from France (St. Pierre-Miquelon). Not so crazy, maybe. Be nice to have sources of used photo gear from somewhere other than a tariff crazy country.
I won't mention the American budget deficit increases. Apparently, that doesn't matter any more, they're doing great, Trump said so.