Pages: 1 ... 629 630 [631] 632 633 ... 808   Go Down

Author Topic: Bear Pit: now the sole domicile of politics at LuLa  (Read 466193 times)

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
Re: Bear Pit: now the sole domicile of politics at LuLa
« Reply #12600 on: December 09, 2021, 03:48:33 pm »

Biden believes that GM is the leader in electric car production.
Exactly my point.  He doesn't support Tesla because he thinks EVs are a great idea. He just supports unions due to the politics of it.  No core belief other than political expediency.

digitaldog

• Andrew Rodney
    • http://www.digitaldog.net/
« Reply #12601 on: December 09, 2021, 07:07:05 pm »

The bogus line: “No one cares about Trump, blah, blah assumptions” and speaking for everyone:
Breaking News
Trump Lost Again In His Bid To Stop The Jan. 6 Committee From Getting His White House Records
The US Court of Appeals for the DC Circuit, in a 3-0 decision, care.
http://www.digitaldog.net/
Author "Color Management for Photographers".

Robert Roaldi

• Robert's Photos
« Reply #12602 on: December 09, 2021, 09:19:37 pm »

Exactly my point.  He doesn't support Tesla because he thinks EVs are a great idea. He just supports unions due to the politics of it.  No core belief other than political expediency.

Why is that expediency? Maybe his support of union is a core belief of his.

Why do you hate unions? Do you also hate companies that treat their employees badly? 
--
Robert

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #12603 on: December 09, 2021, 09:27:37 pm »

Why do you hate unions? Do you also hate companies that treat their employees badly? 
Because the conference was about promoting EV's not unions. Yet he ignored  non-union Tesla the one American company that has done more for EV;s than unionized GM or any other company.  Everything with Biden is about politics.  He has no core beliefs.  He could care a hoot about EVs.

Robert Roaldi

• Robert's Photos
« Reply #12604 on: December 09, 2021, 09:33:23 pm »

Because the conference was about promoting EV's not unions. Yet he ignored  non-union Tesla the one American company that has done more for EV;s than unionized GM or any other company.  Everything with Biden is about politics.  He has no core beliefs.  He could care a hoot about EVs.

Are you making a mountain out of a molehill here? It seems like a pretty minor issue of local boosterism to me. Other than on this thread, I haven't heard anyone talk about this.
--
Robert

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #12605 on: December 10, 2021, 12:17:37 am »

Are you making a mountain out of a molehill here? It seems like a pretty minor issue of local boosterism to me. Other than on this thread, I haven't heard anyone talk about this.
That's because you only watch CNN and MSNBC. :)

LesPalenik

• advantica blog
« Reply #12606 on: December 10, 2021, 12:59:51 am »

Support for unions is one thing. Lying about GM being an EV leader while they are currently manufacturing no EVs whatsoever is an outright and brainless lie. Even GM's CEO and her union members know that. But many TV listeners don't know the current situation and they may believe Biden.

LesPalenik

• advantica blog
« Reply #12607 on: December 10, 2021, 01:16:47 am »

Actually, there was quite an uproar about Biden's speech at Detroit Zero plant. He can lie like Trump.
Here are just a few youtube reactions to his speech:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=47I0Jgb_hg8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mOw2SadnQc  Biden's speech at 12:25
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n1z089bt36g

digitaldog

• Andrew Rodney
« Reply #12608 on: December 10, 2021, 09:23:13 am »

He can lie like Trump.
He, like all men can lie. Like Trump; hardly:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2021/01/24/trumps-false-or-misleading-claims-total-30573-over-four-years/
Trump’s false or misleading claims total 30,573 over 4 years

LesPalenik

• advantica blog
« Reply #12609 on: December 10, 2021, 09:33:39 am »

He, like all men can lie. Like Trump; hardly:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2021/01/24/trumps-false-or-misleading-claims-total-30573-over-four-years/

When it comes to quantity of lies, nobody can trump Trump. But Biden's disinformation about GM being EV leader was as stupid as any of the Trump's lies.

TechTalk

« Reply #12610 on: December 10, 2021, 09:35:30 am »

Ripping apart the fabric of democracy is it?
Respice, adspice, prospice - Look to the past, the present, the future

Robert Roaldi

• Robert's Photos
« Reply #12611 on: December 10, 2021, 09:55:13 am »

Trump calls Bibi disloyal because he congratulated Biden too quickly, https://www.timesofisrael.com/fck-him-in-interview-trump-rages-at-netanyahu-over-congratulations-to-biden/.

In "normal" times, I would have placed that reference in the humour thread because it's just so preposterous. It still made me laugh but in the way one laughs uncomfortably when someone might be losing their grip.

Maybe it just doesn't register with Trump that people in other countries may have other agendas that are more important to them than "loyalty" to the Donald. That's some wicked narcissism right there. :)
--
Robert

LesPalenik

• advantica blog
« Reply #12612 on: December 10, 2021, 10:12:00 am »

Ripping apart the fabric of democracy is it?

Indeed, it's very unfortunate that Biden with his gaffes and inane actions will drive many voters away from Democratic candidates.

PeterAit

• Peter Aitken Photographs
« Reply #12613 on: December 10, 2021, 10:32:45 am »

You're wrong. 

Silly me. Why did I bother doing research and presenting supporting links from three respected news sources when all I had to do was tune in the AK Show. I should know better by now.

digitaldog

• Andrew Rodney
« Reply #12614 on: December 10, 2021, 10:49:17 am »

But Biden's disinformation about GM being EV leader was as stupid as any of the Trump's lies.
More stupid and worse, more deadly. Like the 40 times Trump said Covid-19 would just "go away".
https://www.washingtonpost.com/video/politics/40-times-trump-said-the-coronavirus-would-go-away/2020/04/30/d2593312-9593-4ec2-aff7-72c1438fca0e_video.html
Don't get us started with Bleach.  :'(

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #12615 on: December 10, 2021, 11:08:02 am »

Silly me. Why did I bother doing research and presenting supporting links from three respected news sources when all I had to do was tune in the AK Show. I should know better by now.
First your article on North Korea credited Trump with stopping nuclear and ICBM testing when Obama couldn't.  He also took us away from the brink of war with North Korea. That ain't bad.  Previous presidents accomplished practically nothing.  Meanwhile, Biden can't claim he's done anything. 

ISIS was still running amuck when Trump took over.  He eliminated them as a threat while Obama fiddled around for 5 previous years. 

Finally, most Americans blame Biden for the disastrous pullout in Afghanistan.  It doesn't matter what Trump's plans were a year earlier.  Biden was the president when we pulled out.  Those were Biden's orders and plans, not Trump's. To make matters worse, Biden lied to us about how he would continue to bomb terrorists there from afar.  Since the pullout, has there been one over-the-horizon missile sent to destroy Al Queda there?  Who knows what they're planning against us?  Is another 9-11 in the works?   What about all the allies we left there that are systematically being hunted down and killed by the Taliban?  Where's the American press?  Why have they dropped the discussion?  (Hint=because they protect Biden.) If Trump did this, it would be in the news every day.

PeterAit

• Peter Aitken Photographs
« Reply #12616 on: December 10, 2021, 11:12:04 am »

Support for unions is one thing. Lying about GM being an EV leader while they are currently manufacturing no EVs whatsoever is an outright and brainless lie. Even GM's CEO and her union members know that. But many TV listeners don't know the current situation and they may believe Biden.

GM's development lineup of EVs is pretty impressive with many to be released in the next couple of years. How is this not being a leader? And of course Biden's comments are just political boosterism and not meant to be taken as literal truth. For a Trump supporter like you to suddenly be concerned with the accuracy of the president's statements smacks of extreme hypocrisy.

Robert Roaldi

• Robert's Photos
« Reply #12617 on: December 10, 2021, 11:12:16 am »

Finally, most Americans blame Biden for the disastrous pullout in Afghanistan.  ...

I'm far more cynical than you. I doubt "most Americans" even remember Afghanistan.
--
Robert

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #12618 on: December 10, 2021, 11:17:42 am »

Indeed, it's very unfortunate that Biden with his gaffes and inane actions will drive many voters away from Democratic candidates.
But the Democrats put him into power to begin with. It's their fault.  They selected a weak candidate, past his prime, who cannot handle the presidency of the US and sold him to the voters.  Then, the press didn't do their job.  They protected him and his son's shenanigans and lies and selling of the Vice Presidency under Obama. They let him hide in his basement during the campaign to conceal his inadequacies.  Now Democrats have to live with their choice and suffer political setbacks because of it.  Actually, the whole country, maybe the world, has to suffer because of it.

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #12619 on: December 10, 2021, 11:26:26 am »

GM's development lineup of EVs is pretty impressive with many to be released in the next couple of years. How is this not being a leader? And of course Biden's comments are just political boosterism and not meant to be taken as literal truth. For a Trump supporter like you to suddenly be concerned with the accuracy of the president's statements smacks of extreme hypocrisy.
So the truth comes out.   It all depends on whose ox is being gored. 
Pages: 1 ... 629 630 [631] 632 633 ... 808   Go Up