Pages: 1 ... 584 585 [586] 587 588 ... 807   Go Down

Author Topic: Bear Pit: now the sole domicile of politics at LuLa  (Read 464953 times)

digitaldog

• Andrew Rodney
    • http://www.digitaldog.net/
Re: Bear Pit: now the sole domicile of politics at LuLa
« Reply #11700 on: October 15, 2021, 12:07:07 pm »

Maybe Canadians like you like these policies.  But Americans are showing they are liking Biden less because of them.  The unfavourability polls on Biden disagree with you.
If only we could take a poll here of readers that can't take your absurdity (posts) seriously.
It would not change your behavior or quality of posts what so ever.

"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent full of doubt". -Bertrand Russel
http://www.digitaldog.net/
Author "Color Management for Photographers".

Robert Roaldi

• Robert's Photos
« Reply #11701 on: October 15, 2021, 12:09:46 pm »

Maybe Canadians like you like these policies.  But Americans are showing they are liking Biden less because of them.  The unfavourability polls on Biden disagree with you.

I never claimed to represent views of Canadians.

Polls go up and down all the time. When you disagree with them, you discount them. When they tell you what you want to hear, of course they are gospel.
--
Robert

digitaldog

• Andrew Rodney
« Reply #11702 on: October 15, 2021, 12:15:43 pm »

Polls go up and down all the time. When you disagree with them, you discount them. When they tell you what you want to hear, of course they are gospel.
Right out of the Trump playbook.
Just like: if I lose, the (elections and everything else) is rigged.
If I win, it's all good and fair.
Trump played this silly game with the stock market too, his really stupid supporters ate it up.
One will soon post again and verify this. He can not control himself.  :'(

I never claimed to represent views of Canadians.
There is one here who can and often incorrectly speaks for others, everyone, Americans and non.
Wait for it, it's coming. He can't control himself. 😰

Peter McLennan

« Reply #11703 on: October 15, 2021, 12:45:33 pm »

Gasoline prices nearly doubled.

Since when have they doubled?

Robert Roaldi

• Robert's Photos
« Reply #11704 on: October 15, 2021, 12:57:38 pm »

Maybe he bought it twice.  :)

I'm pretty sure that post of his was just trolling. He's allowed to have fun too.
--
Robert

MattBurt

• Looking for that other shot
    • Matt Burt Photography
« Reply #11705 on: October 15, 2021, 01:36:58 pm »

Maybe he bought it twice.  :)

I'm pretty sure that post of his was just trolling. He's allowed to have fun too.

No, it's true! I just looked it up. (https://www.eia.gov/dnav/pet/hist/LeafHandler.ashx?n=pet&s=emm_epmr_pte_nus_dpg&f=m)
Gas prices were almost exactly half a mere 15 years ago!
-MattB

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #11706 on: October 15, 2021, 04:13:17 pm »

I said it almost doubled.  In the middle of COvid in April last year, gas at its lowest was $1.773 and is now $3.267, up 84%, the highest since then.  That's an average.  In California, gas is over $5 a gallon in many places.   Oil is $80 a barrel. expected to go to $100 may be higher.  So I would expect gasoline to go even higher than it is now.  The point is voters are very attuned to gas prices as they fill up every week or so.  Inflation isn't helping Biden.
https://www.eia.gov/dnav/pet/hist/LeafHandler.ashx?n=PET&s=EMM_EPMR_PTE_NUS_DPG&f=W

digitaldog

• Andrew Rodney
« Reply #11707 on: October 15, 2021, 05:39:19 pm »

The point is voters are very attuned to gas prices as they fill up every week or so.  Inflation isn't helping Biden.
https://www.eia.gov/dnav/pet/hist/LeafHandler.ashx?n=PET&s=EMM_EPMR_PTE_NUS_DPG&f=W
Another “point” posted based on generalization and assumptions.
Can you ever only speak for yourself, even though what is spoken carries so little weight or acceptance of others?

Peter McLennan

« Reply #11708 on: October 15, 2021, 05:59:39 pm »

I said it almost doubled. 

Quote from: Alan Klein
It's about what  Biden's doing - now.

So, it's Biden's fault that gasoline prices have "almost doubled"  ?

digitaldog

• Andrew Rodney
« Reply #11709 on: October 15, 2021, 06:14:34 pm »

Yes, inside a tiny mind that must assume and generalize to support opinions that are formed from low data and self esteem, otherwise why lump so many others, just say "I'm a voter who is concerned about gas prices".
I'm a voter. I think gas prices are too low. I think there should be a much higher tax on gas to support infrastructure.
So gas doubled but part of the process took place under Trump but oh, the royal we with tiny minds are not talking about Trump any more right. So yes again, in a tiny mind, it is all Biden's fault.
Back to the Trump playbook and supported by tiny minds:
Biden did anything: Bad.
Trump did anything: Good.
That's how tiny minds apparently work. Sad isn't it.

digitaldog

• Andrew Rodney
« Reply #11710 on: October 15, 2021, 07:43:07 pm »

Well this is comforting:
Donald Trump, Unprompted, Tells GOP Donors He Doesn’t Like Having Women Pee on Him
“I’m not into golden showers,” the former president blurted out to the crowd. In Trump’s address, one of the final events of the retreat, the former president focused on re-litigating grievances he has retained since leaving office…. Unprompted, he brought up an unsubstantiated claim he had interactions with prostitutes in Moscow before he ran for president. “I’m not into golden showers,” he told the crowd. “You know the great thing, our great first lady—‘That one,’ she said, ‘I don’t believe that one.’”

Chris Kern

• Chris Kern's Eponymous Website
« Reply #11711 on: October 15, 2021, 08:03:36 pm »

Well this is comforting:
Donald Trump, Unprompted, Tells GOP Donors He Doesn’t Like Having Women Pee on Him
“I’m not into golden showers,” the former president blurted out to the crowd. In Trump’s address, one of the final events of the retreat, the former president focused on re-litigating grievances he has retained since leaving office…. Unprompted, he brought up an unsubstantiated claim he had interactions with prostitutes in Moscow before he ran for president. “I’m not into golden showers,” he told the crowd. “You know the great thing, our great first lady—‘That one,’ she said, ‘I don’t believe that one.’”

You would need to be awfully cynical not to believe as transparently sincere a denial as that. . . .

Robert Roaldi

• Robert's Photos
« Reply #11712 on: October 15, 2021, 10:04:51 pm »

You would need to be awfully cynical not to believe as transparently sincere a denial as that. . . .

You know, I thought the dignity of the office took a beating when everyone was discussing the banana bend in Clinton's johnson. But now we have the ex-prez discussing women peeing on him.

What's next?
« Last Edit: October 15, 2021, 10:38:33 pm by Robert Roaldi »
--
Robert

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #11713 on: October 15, 2021, 10:20:38 pm »

Biden shutdown thre XL pipeline his first day in office and has been hostile against oil ever since.  So yes he gets the blame.

Robert Roaldi

• Robert's Photos
« Reply #11714 on: October 15, 2021, 10:42:30 pm »

Biden shutdown thre XL pipeline his first day in office and has been hostile against oil ever since.  So yes he gets the blame.

Would that pipeline have been finished by now if they'd gone ahead, do you think. Don't pipelines usually take years to complete?

In what other ways has he been hostile to oil?
--
Robert

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #11715 on: October 16, 2021, 12:26:14 am »

Would that pipeline have been finished by now if they'd gone ahead, do you think. Don't pipelines usually take years to complete?

In what other ways has he been hostile to oil?
You haven't been paying attention to his green policies and shutdown of oil exploration and leasing.  Ditto with other fossil fuels.  Now with rising oil, propane, gas and coal prices, the public knows who to blame - Buden.

Robert Roaldi

• Robert's Photos
« Reply #11716 on: October 16, 2021, 07:32:41 am »

You haven't been paying attention to his green policies and shutdown of oil exploration and leasing.  Ditto with other fossil fuels.  Now with rising oil, propane, gas and coal prices, the public knows who to blame - Buden.

When you say other fossil fuels, that's really just gas and coal. Wasn't the former guy going to save coal?

In the long run, if fossil fuels are preserved then they will be there for those applications for which fossil fuels are best suited. When that day comes, people might thank Biden. Prices are a good mechanism to manage the use of a resource, which is what free marketeers have been telling us since forever, and it makes good sense. Maybe the problem isn't that gasoline costs so much now, maybe the problem is that it has been under-priced for too long, leading to a lot of waste.

Your assumption about the US being self-sufficient a few short months ago whereas now it's in trouble don't sound reasonable to me. It's not possible to change the structure of oil and gas delivery in such a short time. The current price fluctuations are probably more to do with supply chain problems than anything else. You're twisting things to suit your agenda.

But to go back to your point abut the public being angry with Biden, why would they be angry wth Biden and not the oil companies? Surely they are the ones raising the price of gasoline. Are they profiteering from the current situation? You should at least examine that possibility before jumping to conclusions. Was the delivery of gasoline based on the free market 8 months ago? How could that have changed so quickly.
--
Robert

Robert Roaldi

• Robert's Photos
--
Robert

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #11718 on: October 16, 2021, 11:59:45 am »

When you say other fossil fuels, that's really just gas and coal. Wasn't the former guy going to save coal?

In the long run, if fossil fuels are preserved then they will be there for those applications for which fossil fuels are best suited. When that day comes, people might thank Biden. Prices are a good mechanism to manage the use of a resource, which is what free marketeers have been telling us since forever, and it makes good sense. Maybe the problem isn't that gasoline costs so much now, maybe the problem is that it has been under-priced for too long, leading to a lot of waste.

Your assumption about the US being self-sufficient a few short months ago whereas now it's in trouble don't sound reasonable to me. It's not possible to change the structure of oil and gas delivery in such a short time. The current price fluctuations are probably more to do with supply chain problems than anything else. You're twisting things to suit your agenda.

But to go back to your point abut the public being angry with Biden, why would they be angry wth Biden and not the oil companies? Surely they are the ones raising the price of gasoline. Are they profiteering from the current situation? You should at least examine that possibility before jumping to conclusions. Was the delivery of gasoline based on the free market 8 months ago? How could that have changed so quickly.
I agree with you that there are other factors like inflation and OPEC that have also raised the price of oil, maybe the main reasons.  Unfortunately for Biden, he's president and has been clamoring for green and the shutdown of oil and other fossil fuels.   If he kept the XL pipeline open and allowed drilling instead of shutting it down in areas, he could at least claim he's trying to keep prices down and our domestic supply up.   Because he didn't, he gets the blame for higher prices.

Peter McLennan

« Reply #11719 on: October 16, 2021, 12:19:56 pm »

If he kept the XL pipeline open and allowed drilling instead of shutting it down in areas, he could at least claim he's trying to keep prices down and our domestic supply up.   Because he didn't, he gets the blame for higher prices.

Do you recall the price of oil actually going negative sometime in the recent past?
Pages: 1 ... 584 585 [586] 587 588 ... 807   Go Up