Pages: 1 ... 424 425 [426] 427 428 ... 808   Go Down

Author Topic: Bear Pit: now the sole domicile of politics at LuLa  (Read 466584 times)

faberryman

Re: Bear Pit: now the sole domicile of politics at LuLa
« Reply #8500 on: March 04, 2021, 01:28:54 pm »

The sun came up this morning. All hail Trump.

John Camp

« Reply #8501 on: March 04, 2021, 01:31:07 pm »

In the US,  PBS is more liberal, supporting climate change and other left-wing theories. <snip>

LOL

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #8502 on: March 04, 2021, 01:39:05 pm »

With 750K new unemployed, the Fed is not going to raise the interest rates. And that is a good thing.
Not for me or anyone else looking to make some interest on their savings.  Low interest rates are pushing home prices skyward.  OK if you own a home.  But terrible if you want to buy one and need the down payment.  Low interest is also driving money into the stock market causing a phony bubble there as people seek places to make money traditionally from bonds.  Like everything else., a free market determining the bond prices and interest rates is best.  Artificially low rates created by printing more and more money only devalues the dollar and other currencies where central banks are printing.  If they stop printing, they'll be no one buying the Treasury bonds needed to pay for the $1.9 trillion.  It's all tied together and all bad.

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #8503 on: March 04, 2021, 01:46:55 pm »

False. The Biden administration has taken a very aggressive all-of-government approach in procuring more vaccine; speeding up production and delivery; and assisting states in getting vaccines administered to people. There is even a National Strategic COVID-19 Response Plan for the public to read which was published the day after taking office.

https://www.whitehouse.gov/wp-content/uploads/2021/01/National-Strategy-for-the-COVID-19-Response-and-Pandemic-Preparedness.pdf

False. The number as of yesterday was 53 million Americans vaccinated with their first dose. Included within that 53 million, a subset of 27 million have also received their second dose.

27 million Americans that have received two doses = 54 million doses administered to 27 million Americans. Add the additional 26 million Americans that have received only their first dose and you get a total of 80 million doses given to 53 million Americans.

Giving one American two doses of vaccine does not add up to two Americans vaccinated. We are currently vaccinating at a rate of just over 2 million doses per day (First and Second Doses), so it is a constantly growing number.

If you read the FEMA Community Vaccination Centers Playbook published last month, you'll find the reference conceptual plan for facility layout and procedural flow chart was borrowed from Canada Public Health (Page 25). Of course, each facility will require its own unique floor plan which is drawn up by the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers; but the reference conceptual layouts and procedural flow methodology come from our friends in Canada. Thanks Canada!

https://www.fema.gov/sites/default/files/documents/fema_community-vaccination-centers_playbook_02-18-2021.pdf
I compliment Biden for moving the ball forward.  But much of the initial movement was done through Operation Warp Speed.  Of course, there's more work to do.  But Warp Speed has given America the highest rate of vaccinations except for a couple of nations and the highest in absolute quantity.  I compliment both presidents for doing their jobs.

I thank Canada for giving everyone some input.  I'm sure we've done the same for them and everyone in the world has pretty much been helpful to everyone else, except the Chinese who lied to the world.  But America is where it is with vaccinations due to Operation Warp Speed. 

digitaldog

• Andrew Rodney
    • http://www.digitaldog.net/
« Reply #8504 on: March 04, 2021, 01:52:29 pm »

But Warp Speed has given America the highest rate of vaccinations except for a couple of nations and the highest in absolute quantity. 
And Trump's failed leadership gave America the highest infection and death rate for all nations. But Alan doesn't connect those dots as usual.
Kind of like Abbott in TX.
Deaths from Covid-19: 44,627 third place behind NY and Calif.
http://www.digitaldog.net/
Author "Color Management for Photographers".

TechTalk

« Reply #8505 on: March 04, 2021, 01:54:58 pm »

Operation Warp Speed...  But Warp Speed... due to Operation Warp Speed. 

This record for the blind has an unfortunate skip in it causing a repeat of the same few seconds of dialogue over and over.
Respice, adspice, prospice - Look to the past, the present, the future

Robert Roaldi

• Robert's Photos
« Reply #8506 on: March 04, 2021, 01:58:58 pm »

Not for me or anyone else looking to make some interest on their savings.  Low interest rates are pushing home prices skyward.  OK if you own a home.  But terrible if you want to buy one and need the down payment.  Low interest is also driving money into the stock market causing a phony bubble there as people seek places to make money traditionally from bonds.  Like everything else., a free market determining the bond prices and interest rates is best.  Artificially low rates created by printing more and more money only devalues the dollar and other currencies where central banks are printing.  If they stop printing, they'll be no one buying the Treasury bonds needed to pay for the $1.9 trillion.  It's all tied together and all bad.

What the hell are you talking about, interest rates have been low for a couple of decades already.
--
Robert

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #8507 on: March 04, 2021, 01:59:35 pm »

This record for the blind has an unfortunate skip in it causing a repeat of the same few seconds of dialogue over and over.
Well, you keep repeating what a terrific job Biden has done and Biden repeatedly complains how Trump left him with an empty cupboard, which is not true.

LesPalenik

• advantica blog
« Reply #8508 on: March 04, 2021, 02:09:45 pm »

I compliment Biden for moving the ball forward.  But much of the initial movement was done through Operation Warp Speed.  Of course, there's more work to do.  But Warp Speed has given America the highest rate of vaccinations except for a couple of nations and the highest in absolute quantity.  I compliment both presidents for doing their jobs.

I thank Canada for giving everyone some input.  I'm sure we've done the same for them and everyone in the world has pretty much been helpful to everyone else, except the Chinese who lied to the world.  But America is where it is with vaccinations due to Operation Warp Speed.

I also compliment Biden, but blame Trump for denying and hiding the virus dangers and for wasting a lot of time in handling the covid crisis. Also his recommended remedies like ingesting disinfectants and exposing eyes and skin to the sunlight and other quack theories confused many gullible citizens and caused unnecessary deaths. At the peak of the crisis (November to February) he preferred to spend his time on a golf course and reckless political rallies.

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #8509 on: March 04, 2021, 02:13:45 pm »

What the hell are you talking about, interest rates have been low for a couple of decades already.
It's been especially low since the 2008/2009 recession.  It along with printing have reinflated the real estate bubble and the stock market bubble.  That's what happened after the recession of the 2000's when it went bust in 2008. It's worse this time.  The Fed balance sheet has expanded from around $900 billion in 2008 to almost $8 trillion or ninefold.

US Fed Fund Rate in %

Fed Assets
https://www.federalreserve.gov/monetarypolicy/bst_recenttrends.htm

TechTalk

« Reply #8510 on: March 04, 2021, 02:14:23 pm »

Well, you keep repeating what a terrific job Biden has done

I post recent news that I find of interest. I also reply to falsehoods and misleading statements as they pop up. Repetition is generally a result of the latter.

Biden repeatedly complains how Trump left him with an empty cupboard, which is not true.

Actually Biden has complimented Trump for what he did and criticized him for what he failed to do. The latter includes several things, one of which is failing to order an adequate amount of vaccine to cover all of the adults in the country.

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #8511 on: March 04, 2021, 02:19:56 pm »

I also compliment Biden, but blame Trump for denying and hiding the virus dangers and for wasting a lot of time in handling the covid crisis. Also his recommended remedies like ingesting disinfectants and exposing eyes and skin to the sunlight and other quack theories confused many gullible citizens and caused unnecessary deaths. At the peak of the crisis (November to February) he preferred to spend his time on a golf course and reckless political rallies.
I seem to recall Trump being at weekly Covid news conferences where he spent a huge amount of time talking to the public and answering questions from the press.  He always made himself available on the tarmac before getting on Marine 1.  Trump rarely took a break in four years.  Meanwhile, Biden hasn't even had one press conference since he became president 6 weeks ago.  I think his handlers are afraid of his mental capacity to handle himself extemporaneously.  He's always reading from teleprompter. 

digitaldog

• Andrew Rodney
« Reply #8512 on: March 04, 2021, 02:25:57 pm »

I seem to recall Trump being at weekly Covid news conferences where he spent a huge amount of time talking to the public and answering questions from the press.
Right, inject bleach, this will all disappear, plies of lies. And as expected by those of us who actually paid attention: he spent a huge amount of time talking about himself.
Trump rarely took a break in four years. 
Alan has no idea of how much Golf he played after slamming the previous president for doing far less.
Does anyone here take Alan seriously beside Alan?
I'm on his Ignore list (badge of honor), it illustrates both his hypocrisy and Hypocrisye: who brought up cancel culture; Alan.
Being on this list keeps him from replying more nonsense to the fact checking he requires so often, fewer bogus posts from him.
Come on in, the Come on in, the water's fine!  ;)

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #8513 on: March 04, 2021, 02:36:08 pm »

I post recent news that I find of interest. I also reply to falsehoods and misleading statements as they pop up. Repetition is generally a result of the latter.

Actually Biden has complimented Trump for what he did and criticized him for what he failed to do. The latter includes several things, one of which is failing to order an adequate amount of vaccine to cover all of the adults in the country.
When I use to go on vacation during film days, I would take around ten rolls of 35mm film.  If I started to run out, I'd buy more on the road.

Trump had ordered around 170 million doses of Pfizer's vaccine in December with an option to buy another 400 million more.  So Biden is executing the pre-purchase order in Trump's deal. Also, Trump ordered from Moderna and others.  They were paid $1 billion to developed and received an additional 1 1/2 billion for 100 million doses.  All Biden had to do was lift up the phone and order more film, I mean doses. Since Biden has become president J&J had their vaccine approved so now he can order doses from them.  There were never empty cupboards.  That's just politics. 
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/11/16/health/operation-warp-speed.html
https://www.hhs.gov/about/news/2020/12/23/trump-administration-purchases-additional-100-million-doses-covid-19-investigational-vaccine-pfizer.html

TechTalk

« Reply #8514 on: March 04, 2021, 02:50:44 pm »

Trump rarely took a break in four years...

from a constant barrage of tweets; interviews with Fox and Friends; and a never ending series of rallies; most often to heap praise on himself by repeating things like "people are saying" "many people are saying" "everyone is saying" it's miraculous, it's incredible, what a job I'm doing! Except of course for that time he had Covid... and when he was out golfing... and when he was doing his hair.

Meanwhile, Biden hasn't even had one press conference since he became president 6 weeks ago.

What a difference! A president that is actually focusing his attention on a national pandemic and its fallout—and not on himself. A formal press conference can take a back seat for now.

I think his handlers are afraid of his mental capacity to handle himself extemporaneously.

He's had a number of interviews and answered questions from the press. I wouldn't worry about it too much.

He's always reading from teleprompter.

Completely false.

digitaldog

• Andrew Rodney

JoeKitchen

« Reply #8516 on: March 04, 2021, 04:25:15 pm »

And Trump's failed leadership gave America the highest infection and death rate for all nations. But Alan doesn't connect those dots as usual.
Kind of like Abbott in TX.
Deaths from Covid-19: 44,627 third place behind NY and Calif.

Question, do you believe Cuomo to be a good governor? 
"Photography is one percent inspiration and ninety-nine percent

digitaldog

• Andrew Rodney
« Reply #8517 on: March 04, 2021, 04:32:25 pm »

Question, do you believe Cuomo to be a good governor?
No experience, no idea, no beliefs; don't care about Cuomo.
My governor is awesome!

JoeKitchen

« Reply #8518 on: March 04, 2021, 04:39:55 pm »

No experience, no idea, no beliefs; don't care about Cuomo.
My governor is awesome!

Okay, thanks.

Now, back to the most important topic discussed in this thread. 

Why Cat's Are Better Than Dogs. Zoltan Kaszas - Full Special
"Photography is one percent inspiration and ninety-nine percent

digitaldog

• Andrew Rodney
« Reply #8519 on: March 04, 2021, 04:47:44 pm »

Okay, thanks.

Now, back to the most important topic discussed in this thread. 

Why Cat's Are Better Than Dogs. Zoltan Kaszas - Full Special
A favored expression about pets:"Dogs have masters. Cats have staff."
Pages: 1 ... 424 425 [426] 427 428 ... 808   Go Up