Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 808   Go Down

Author Topic: Bear Pit: now the sole domicile of politics at LuLa  (Read 466355 times)

Craig Lamson

• Craig Lamson Photo Homepage
Re: Bear Pit: now the sole domicile of politics at LuLa
« Reply #780 on: November 10, 2020, 09:28:17 pm »

Maybe they can get Jacob Wohl to corroborate the next Serious Allegation.

Fake news.  They have the guy an tape saying he did not recant.
Craig Lamson Photo

James Clark

« Reply #781 on: November 10, 2020, 09:29:40 pm »

I don’t think it makes a bit of difference what the a President says or does not say in regards to masks. Absent an enforcement mechanism, people will do what they want. 

You're honestly telling me that if, from the start, Donald Trump had publicly worn a mask and told all his supporters to wear a mask because it was the right thing to do to protect our neighbors and our communities, that you believe there wouldn't have been any difference in how things progressed?

chez

« Reply #782 on: November 10, 2020, 09:29:51 pm »

I don’t think it makes a bit of difference what the a President says or does not say in regards to masks. Absent an enforcement mechanism, people will do what they want. 

Wrong. Strong leadership from all levels of government have a huge impact on people's habits. Look at how we've changed our views towards throwing garbage out of our cars, wearing seat belts, smoking... Without strong leadership, these habits would not have changed. Trump going against wearing masks has a huge negative impact on the people.

James Clark

« Reply #783 on: November 10, 2020, 09:31:26 pm »

Fake news.  They have the guy an tape saying he did not recant.

That's not what the USPS IG is telling to Congress. 

chez

« Reply #784 on: November 10, 2020, 09:32:00 pm »

You're honestly telling me that if, from the start, Donald Trump had publicly worn a mask and told all his supporters to wear a mask because it was the right thing to do to protect our neighbors and our communities, that you believe there wouldn't have been any difference in how things progressed?

Yeh...why do corporations pay big bucks to athletes to promote them drinking coke or using a certain brand of sneakers...because people are influenced big time by those in authority.

Craig Lamson

« Reply #785 on: November 10, 2020, 09:32:10 pm »

Absolutely.  It’s not just Trump  supporters we are talking about here.
Craig Lamson Photo

chez

« Reply #786 on: November 10, 2020, 09:33:38 pm »

It doesn't matter what supporters. Do you think only the Bull's fans flock out to buy Air Jordon shoes.

BernardLanguillier

• http://www.flickr.com/photos/bernardlanguillier/sets/
« Reply #787 on: November 10, 2020, 09:34:46 pm »

Craig,

This is another one of your messages where it's really hard to think that you are answering in good faith.

Cheers,
Bernard

Craig Lamson

Craig Lamson Photo

Robert Roaldi

• Robert's Photos
« Reply #789 on: November 10, 2020, 09:35:26 pm »

There have been a few more resignations at the Pentagon, https://thehill.com/policy/defense/525389-pentagon-sees-flurry-of-new-resignations, so that's going well.
--
Robert

Craig Lamson

« Reply #790 on: November 10, 2020, 09:35:54 pm »

Wrong. Strong leadership from all levels of government have a huge impact on people's habits. Look at how we've changed our views towards throwing garbage out of our cars, wearing seat belts, smoking... Without strong leadership, these habits would not have changed. Trump going against wearing masks has a huge negative impact on the people.

It depends on the people.
Craig Lamson Photo

Robert Roaldi

• Robert's Photos
« Reply #791 on: November 10, 2020, 09:37:18 pm »

Is Pompeo looking to get into real estate?

Pompeo promises ‘smooth transition to second Trump administration’ as world leaders congratulate Biden

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/11/10/pompeo-smooth-transition-second-trump-administration-435754

Maybe there's a contest on to see who is weirder, Pompano or Giuliani. My money's on Rudy, he's got a great head start.
--
Robert

Craig Lamson

« Reply #792 on: November 10, 2020, 09:38:14 pm »

It doesn't matter what supporters. Do you think only the Bull's fans flock out to buy Air Jordon shoes.

It simply depends on how pliable people are.  If they are not pliable they won’t comply.  We have a lot of people here in both parties who are not pliable.

But again how many times are we going to continue to,plow this same ground?
Craig Lamson Photo

Craig Lamson

« Reply #793 on: November 10, 2020, 09:42:39 pm »

Yeh...why do corporations pay big bucks to athletes to promote them drinking coke or using a certain brand of sneakers...because people are influenced big time by those in authority.

So that’s why all of those spring breakers in the US decided to say the heck with masks and social distancing?  Because they are mostly likely liberal and they listened to Trump?  Really you want us to they gave a dang about what Trump did or did not say?

And since I’m a Trump supporter why did I decide I wanted to wear a mask?  In your world I would not be wearing one.
Craig Lamson Photo

TechTalk

« Reply #794 on: November 10, 2020, 09:51:54 pm »

The Biden plan will also "Immediately restore the White House National Security Council Directorate for Global Health Security and Biodefense, originally established by the Obama-Biden administration." That National Security Council group was eliminated by Trump in yet another stable genius move. Trump doesn't need experts with experience when he thinks that his intuition is always right.

It was moved, not eliminated.

Reading is fundamental. "That National Security Council group was eliminated"; I wrote that because that National Security Council group was indeed eliminated. There is no more National Security Council Directorate for Global Health Security and Biodefense.

https://www.whitehouse.gov/nsc/

"The National Security Council (NSC) is the President's principal forum for considering national security and foreign policy matters with his senior national security advisors and cabinet officials. The NSC is chaired by the President. Its regular attendees (both statutory and non-statutory) are the Vice President, the Secretary of State, the Secretary of the Treasury, the Secretary of Defense, and the Assistant to the President for National Security Affairs. The Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff is the statutory military advisor to the Council, and the Director of National Intelligence is the intelligence advisor. The Chief of Staff to the President, Counsel to the President, and the Legal Advisor to the NSC are invited to attend any NSC meeting. The Attorney General and the Director of the Office of Management and Budget are invited to attend meetings pertaining to their responsibilities. The heads of other executive departments and agencies, as well as other senior officials, are invited to attend meetings of the NSC when appropriate."

In short, having a seat and a voice at The National Security Council matters, quite a lot in fact. Not having a seat at the National Security Council table matters; it amounts to a reduction in that security priority and reduces direct access to the President.
Respice, adspice, prospice - Look to the past, the present, the future

chez

« Reply #795 on: November 10, 2020, 10:00:44 pm »

It depends on the people.

Really. I never see anyone without seatbelts nor do I see many throwing garbage out of their cars. Strong leadership does amazing things...both good and bad as we've seen these past 4 years.

Craig Lamson

« Reply #796 on: November 10, 2020, 10:04:38 pm »

Reading is fundamental. "That National Security Council group was eliminated"; I wrote that because that National Security Council group was indeed eliminated. There is no more National Security Council Directorate for Global Health Security and Biodefense.

https://www.whitehouse.gov/nsc/

"The National Security Council (NSC) is the President's principal forum for considering national security and foreign policy matters with his senior national security advisors and cabinet officials. The NSC is chaired by the President. Its regular attendees (both statutory and non-statutory) are the Vice President, the Secretary of State, the Secretary of the Treasury, the Secretary of Defense, and the Assistant to the President for National Security Affairs. The Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff is the statutory military advisor to the Council, and the Director of National Intelligence is the intelligence advisor. The Chief of Staff to the President, Counsel to the President, and the Legal Advisor to the NSC are invited to attend any NSC meeting. The Attorney General and the Director of the Office of Management and Budget are invited to attend meetings pertaining to their responsibilities. The heads of other executive departments and agencies, as well as other senior officials, are invited to attend meetings of the NSC when appropriate."

In short, having a seat and a voice at The National Security Council matters, quite a lot in fact. Not having a seat at the National Security Council table matters; it amounts to a reduction in that security priority and reduces direct access to the President.

They pandemic response team was moved.  Period.  Sorry but that’s just the fact. 

One quote that describes the process:

One such move at the NSC was to create the counterproliferation and biodefense directorate, which was the result of consolidating three directorates into one, given the obvious overlap between arms control and nonproliferation, weapons of mass destruction terrorism, and global health and biodefense. It is this reorganization that critics have misconstrued or intentionally misrepresented. If anything, the combined directorate was stronger because related expertise could be commingled.

https://www.outsidethebeltway.com/nsc-pandemic-office-wasnt-shuttered-just-consolidated/
« Last Edit: November 10, 2020, 10:14:05 pm by Craig Lamson »
Craig Lamson Photo

chez

« Reply #797 on: November 10, 2020, 10:05:46 pm »

It simply depends on how pliable people are.  If they are not pliable they won’t comply.  We have a lot of people here in both parties who are not pliable.

But again how many times are we going to continue to,plow this same ground?

Yeh it's getting a little tiring hearing you defend Chetos right to the end. I'm sure you are smarter than that. I believe you know how effective strong leadership is with many cases throughout the years showing how influential leadership is.

I just think you've been backed into a corner and rather than agreeing that if Trump lead from the beginning with the accepted practices of wearing masks, keeping distances and washing hands, the USA would have faired much better than where they are today...you just repeat your nonsense with nothing that backs it up.

chez

« Reply #798 on: November 10, 2020, 10:07:25 pm »

So that’s why all of those spring breakers in the US decided to say the heck with masks and social distancing?  Because they are mostly likely liberal and they listened to Trump?  Really you want us to they gave a dang about what Trump did or did not say?

And since I’m a Trump supporter why did I decide I wanted to wear a mask?  In your world I would not be wearing one.

See my previous post. Obviously you have nothing concrete to say on this subject...so bye.

LesPalenik

• advantica blog
« Reply #799 on: November 10, 2020, 10:07:43 pm »

33 States have a mask mandate.  Pretty much every business has a mask mandate.  Public indoor spaces have madk mandates.  Transportation has mask mandates. Saying you need to wear a mask will continue to fall deaf on the ears who don’t want to abide.
More statements or mandates that have no teeth will change nothing IMO.
I’m a mask guy, but if you look mask mandate states are not spared from increasing COVID cases.   Looks pretty similar In Europe. 
I’m my opinion a mask mandate changes very little if anything.  And for the most part that’s the biggest part of Biden’s plan.

Many people are so dumb that they have to be told to wear a mask. Some even believe all the Trump lies.
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 808   Go Up