Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 808   Go Down

Author Topic: Bear Pit: now the sole domicile of politics at LuLa  (Read 466228 times)

James Clark

Re: Bear Pit: now the sole domicile of politics at LuLa
« Reply #760 on: November 10, 2020, 08:11:46 pm »

https://twitter.com/OversightDems/whistleblower completely RECANTED his allegations

"He signed a sworn affidavit with allegations of ballot tampering/fraud and went public through Project Veritas." No surprise that Project Veritas was involved in this fraud.

Maybe they can get Jacob Wohl to corroborate the next Serious Allegation.

James Clark

« Reply #761 on: November 10, 2020, 08:16:59 pm »

I'm confident that Biden will be inaugurated on Jan. 20, if there IS a Jan. 20. You have to remember that we're dealing with a current president who is, and has been for some time, mentally ill. A number of prominent Republicans are still sucking up to him because they're attracted by his Trump's goofy base, but that will go away.

This is the part that worries me.  The more they dig in, the harder it is to untie it all, and even when they do, the damage may be done.   There's a larger conversation around this, but for the past x years, as the Republicans get crazier and crazier, they keep moving closer and closer not just to disagreeing with policy, but denying that democrats ("liberals") have the right to govern even when they win elections.  Now, despite a clear and convincing win, they're arguing not just that Trump has a right to litigate fraud (he does), but that the *outcome of the election is illegitimate because of fraud.*  Which they're literally just making up.  And some not insignificant portion of Trump voters believe that.  It's tragic.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2020, 09:10:57 pm by James Clark »

LesPalenik

• advantica blog
« Reply #762 on: November 10, 2020, 08:23:57 pm »

Don’t worry. President Elect Joe aBiden has a great plan. /s

Correct! He is not a president yet, but already he has a better plan than Trump.
How do you feel listening to Trump now for 2 weeks than he has rounded the virus? Could he be possibly lying? Or is it an early onset of dementia?
« Last Edit: November 10, 2020, 08:27:18 pm by LesPalenik »

TechTalk

« Reply #763 on: November 10, 2020, 08:34:44 pm »

To have a plan is already something new.

The plan is available to read here...  https://buildbackbetter.com/priorities/covid-19/

And reported on here...  https://www.livescience.com/biden-harris-coronavirus-plans

I haven't read any criticism of anything specific in the plan here, just generic sneering. It seems to follow both science and common sense.

There really isn't anything new regarding the general public health approach to limiting the spread of infectious disease that hasn't been known and practiced for decades; whether it's Tuberculosis, Syphilis, Ebola, or Covid-19. To be effective in limiting spread requires rapid local testing, isolation of those exposed or infected, and rapid contact tracing. It also requires effective leadership in instructing the public how to avoid becoming infected or spreading the disease to others; whether that's condoms for STDs or masks and social distancing for airborne viruses.

If you want to contain the spread of a disease locally and avoid widespread restrictions, that's been the approach. The longer testing takes; the longer the disease spreads and the more difficult contact tracing becomes. The more difficult and time consuming testing and tracing are the faster it spirals beyond any local control of isolating the infected and exposed. It's common sense and common public health practice.
Respice, adspice, prospice - Look to the past, the present, the future

James Clark

« Reply #764 on: November 10, 2020, 08:39:57 pm »

Don’t worry. President Elect Joe aBiden has a great plan. /s

He's going to do COVID very big.  It's going to be a great plan, and we can see it in 2 weeks! 

That used to be good enough for you.. what changed?  ;)

TechTalk

« Reply #765 on: November 10, 2020, 08:40:47 pm »

And some not insignificant portion of Trump voters believe that.  It's tragic.

And potentially dangerous as the disease of lies and fraudulent accusations spreads injuring democracy, if not people, in the process.

digitaldog

• Andrew Rodney
    • http://www.digitaldog.net/
« Reply #766 on: November 10, 2020, 08:42:25 pm »

Seriously.  Even just encouraging mask wearing would be an immediate improvement.
And, even Trump's CDC has updated its recommendations today in that respect.
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/11/10/world/covid-cdc-guidelines-masks.html
“Experimental and epidemiological data support community masking to reduce the spread” of the virus, the C.D.C. said in a document that details scientific evidence supporting mask use. “Individual benefit increases with increasing community mask use,”
More people he can fire.
http://www.digitaldog.net/
Author "Color Management for Photographers".

BernardLanguillier

• http://www.flickr.com/photos/bernardlanguillier/sets/
« Reply #767 on: November 10, 2020, 08:44:43 pm »

LOL  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

This makes me laugh at you so hard.  The result of this election is, "we dont like Trump's personality but love his policies."  Have fun over the next four years completely alienating the public. 

That's where you really need to clarify your position Joe.

You have never ever explained clearly why you support Trump besides what you see as favorable economic results and him being on the Republican lists.

Perhaps we could all benefit for you casting some light on exactly how you feel about Trumpism? What aspects you think are acceptable, what aspects aren't for you.

He has lost, that won't make a difference anymore. There is no more risk that an admission of issues could have a negative impact on an election.

Contrary to what you seem to think, I am not pro Biden (I am just anti-Trump for reasons I have explained at length), but I'll list the aspects I find unclear/un-appealing about him:
- He is too old to be a President
- He is not left winged enough for my taste
- He is reliable but boring compared to an Obama for instance who had a remarkle wit

Are you interested in sharing what you like/dislike about Trump?

Cheers,
Bernard

TechTalk

« Reply #768 on: November 10, 2020, 08:48:18 pm »

Seriously.  Even just encouraging mask wearing would be an immediate improvement.

The Biden plan will also "Immediately restore the White House National Security Council Directorate for Global Health Security and Biodefense, originally established by the Obama-Biden administration." That National Security Council group was eliminated by Trump in yet another stable genius move. Trump doesn't need experts with experience when he thinks that his intuition is always right.

Craig Lamson

• Craig Lamson Photo Homepage
« Reply #769 on: November 10, 2020, 09:02:21 pm »

To have a plan is already something new.

So have you read it?
Craig Lamson Photo

TechTalk

« Reply #770 on: November 10, 2020, 09:09:40 pm »

If you've read it, let's hear your critique.

Craig Lamson

« Reply #771 on: November 10, 2020, 09:12:15 pm »

33 States have a mask mandate.  Pretty much every business has a mask mandate.  Public indoor spaces have madk mandates.  Transportation has mask mandates. Saying you need to wear a mask will continue to fall deaf on the ears who don’t want to abide.

More statements or mandates that have no teeth will change nothing IMO.

I’m a mask guy, but if you look mask mandate states are not spared from increasing COVID cases.   Looks pretty similar In Europe. 

I’m my opinion a mask mandate changes very little if anything.  And for the most part that’s the biggest part of Biden’s plan. 
Craig Lamson Photo

TechTalk

« Reply #772 on: November 10, 2020, 09:14:51 pm »

I’m my opinion a mask mandate changes very little if anything. And for the most part that’s the biggest part of Biden’s plan.

For anyone that has read the plan, that's clearly nonsense.

Craig Lamson

« Reply #773 on: November 10, 2020, 09:16:32 pm »

If you've read it, let's hear your critique.

It’s far better if everyone actually read it themselves and actually saw the words as written.  What get a critique when you can read it,

The Biden Plan.   Feel free to donate.

https://joebiden.com/covid-plan/
Craig Lamson Photo

James Clark

« Reply #774 on: November 10, 2020, 09:17:05 pm »

33 States have a mask mandate.  Pretty much every business has a mask mandate.  Public indoor spaces have madk mandates.  Transportation has mask mandates. Saying you need to wear a mask will continue to fall deaf on the ears who don’t want to abide.

I’m a mask guy, but if you look mask mandate states are not spared from increasing COVID cases.   Looks pretty similar In Europe. 

I’m my opinion a mask mandate changes very little if anything.

I tend to agree with you here in general, but I don't think it's really arguable that having the president encourage, vs. discourage, mask use is a positive, right?   

And for the most part that’s the biggest part of Biden’s plan.

Not sure I agree here...

Craig Lamson

« Reply #775 on: November 10, 2020, 09:17:38 pm »

For anyone that has read the plan, that's clearly nonsense.

No, it’s not. Read the plan
Craig Lamson Photo

BernardLanguillier

• http://www.flickr.com/photos/bernardlanguillier/sets/
« Reply #776 on: November 10, 2020, 09:18:09 pm »

I’m my opinion a mask mandate changes very little if anything.  And for the most part that’s the biggest part of Biden’s plan.

Masks appear to have benefits in some situations, not in all.

The most efficient measure seems to be very regular usage of alcohol to keep hands clean.

If hands are not kept clean then masks have more value because their reduce the occasions when one may bring an infected hand to his/her face.

This is of course on top of keeping social proximity under control.

Cheers,
Bernard

Craig Lamson

« Reply #777 on: November 10, 2020, 09:22:24 pm »

I tend to agree with you here in general, but I don't think it's really arguable that having the president encourage, vs. discourage, mask use is a positive, right?   

Not sure I agree here...

I don’t think it makes a bit of difference what the a President says or does not say in regards to masks. Absent an enforcement mechanism, people will do what they want. 

Biden is offering very little to stop the spread, because he can’t.  Unless you want to consider lockdowns, and his wanting to hire 100k unemployed people to “fight  the virus”.

The rest is nothing really different to than the current state of affairs.

He still is at the mercy of the States.  They hold the power.  Biden can’t change that. 
Craig Lamson Photo

TechTalk

« Reply #778 on: November 10, 2020, 09:25:27 pm »

It’s far better if everyone actually read it themselves and actually saw the words as written.  What get a critique when you can read it,

The Biden Plan.   Feel free to donate.

https://joebiden.com/covid-plan/

Time to catch-up and read what's current. Here it is again.

Biden Covid-19 Plan:  https://buildbackbetter.com/priorities/covid-19/

Recent Reporting:  https://www.livescience.com/biden-harris-coronavirus-plans

Craig Lamson

« Reply #779 on: November 10, 2020, 09:26:59 pm »

The Biden plan will also "Immediately restore the White House National Security Council Directorate for Global Health Security and Biodefense, originally established by the Obama-Biden administration." That National Security Council group was eliminated by Trump in yet another stable genius move. Trump doesn't need experts with experience when he thinks that his intuition is always right.

It was moved, not eliminated. 
Craig Lamson Photo
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 808   Go Up