Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 808   Go Down

Author Topic: Bear Pit: now the sole domicile of politics at LuLa  (Read 466230 times)

digitaldog

• Andrew Rodney
    • http://www.digitaldog.net/
Re: Bear Pit: now the sole domicile of politics at LuLa
« Reply #600 on: November 09, 2020, 07:04:31 pm »

Yep...and it all makes sense why Pfizer waited until after the election to release their findings...Trump no doubt would have taken all the credit for the vaccine.
If only he took away any credit for injecting bleach or Hydroxychloroquine, this report today:

Hydroxychloroquine doesn't help patients hospitalized with respiratory illness from Covid-19, according to research published Monday in the Journal of the American Medical Association.
It's the latest of several studies to find the antimalarial drug does not work on Covid-19, despite President Donald Trump's promotion of the drug.
http://www.digitaldog.net/
Author "Color Management for Photographers".

JV

« Reply #601 on: November 09, 2020, 07:08:54 pm »

he did not overuse executive orders, like Obama

Trump issued more executive orders than Obama.  He is averaging 47.6 per year versus 34.6  for Obama

BernardLanguillier

• http://www.flickr.com/photos/bernardlanguillier/sets/
« Reply #602 on: November 09, 2020, 07:23:00 pm »

Bernard, you really are the most arrogant person I know of along with being a control freak who thinks he can tell others what to do. 

Thank God you're not in power anywhere.  It is people like you who become tyrants. 

You must of course be right, but how can you tell from the post you quoted?

Cheers,
Bernard

BernardLanguillier

« Reply #603 on: November 09, 2020, 07:29:42 pm »

Just waiting for our resident Belgian to blame it on Trump.

I won't.

Belgian authorities did a terrible job and they have a new government since then, as they should.

Note that the interim gov did nothing else wrong, that was enough to wipe them out and absolutely everyone agrees that them being fired was the right thing to do.

Cheers,
Bernard

faberryman

« Reply #604 on: November 09, 2020, 07:31:24 pm »

Yeh...we are in the race to the bottom with Chile and Bolivia.

I am not sure how you calculate per capita. Do you add today's newborns to the pile every day?  I'm pretty sure the are more than 1200 newborns to offset the 1200 COVID deaths every day. So maybe our stats are constantly improving. There's something Trump can take credit for. Procreation.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2020, 07:39:46 pm by faberryman »

digitaldog

• Andrew Rodney
« Reply #605 on: November 09, 2020, 07:32:42 pm »

Trump issued more executive orders than Obama.  He is averaging 47.6 per year versus 34.6  for Obama
Yup!
It wasn’t too long ago that Donald Trump derided presidential executive orders as “power grabs” and a “basic disaster.”
Back in 2012, Trump had tweeted: “Why Is @BarackObama constantly issuing executive orders that are major power grabs of authority?”
Like playing too much golf, consistent Trump hypocrisy.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/donald-trump-executive-orders-barack-obama-president-powers-a9163431.html
Trump signs more executive orders in first three years than Obama despite calling them 'power grabs'

faberryman

« Reply #606 on: November 09, 2020, 07:36:00 pm »

PAAARTY!   But she could easily just have been goofing off for a laugh.

Maybe she thought she was at a fraternity party or something. Isn't she like 40?

BernardLanguillier

« Reply #607 on: November 09, 2020, 07:39:47 pm »

It will be interesting to see how many of his 70,000,000 supporters will continue to embrace Trumpism, however that may be defined, without Trump. To ask a very Trumpian question, what did they get out of the deal? Can they get they same from someone other than Trump?

Have any of you ever attended an old fashioned Baptist revival? My experience is that the preacher can be very persuasive, and tap into your emotions, and when he calls you to come down to the front of the stage to dedicate your life to Jesus Christ, many flood forward. Most of them shake it off in a week or so and return to normal. At least that is my experience. Will it be the same with Trump supporters?

We shall see. Although you seemed to strongly disagree with my statements 2 pages before that many Trump voters would soon realize that Biden isn't this bad and would therefore not oppose him strongly, it would appear you changed your mind?

I agree with you... and disagree also in part. :)

I agree that many of them aren't deeply into Trumpism, but at the same time I feel that Trumpism has infected the whole society, regardless of voting intentions. I believe that many people who voted for Biden are infected, I believe that the whole world is infected.

What they are infected by is all the implicit fondations of Trumpism... including relativsm of the worse kind (everything is the same as long as it fits my agenda), the weakening of truth, weakening of the belief that the scientific method is the best we have to establish knowledge, weakening of the respect for woman, of the respect for institutions,...

Cheers,
Bernard

faberryman

« Reply #608 on: November 09, 2020, 07:51:43 pm »

We shall see. Although you seemed to strongly disagree with my statements 2 pages before that many Trump voters would soon realize that Biden isn't this bad and would therefore not oppose him strongly, it would appear you changed your mind?

I don't know how you arrived at that conclusion. I did not make a statement. I asked a question.

I agree with you... and disagree also in part. :)

I don't know how you can agree or disagree with me. I did not make a statement. I asked a question.

I agree that many of them aren't deeply into Trumpism, but at the same time I feel that Trumpism has infected the whole society, regardless of voting intentions. I believe that many people who voted for Biden are infected, I believe that the whole world is infected.

I don't know who you are agreeing with. Certainly not me. I made no statement to that effect.

What they are infected by is all the implicit fondations of Trumpism... including relativsm of the worse kind (everything is the same as long as it fits my agenda), the weakening of truth, weakening of the belief that the scientific method is the best we have to establish knowledge, weakening of the respect for woman, of the respect for institutions,...

You certainly seem to know a lot about 70,000,000 Americans.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2020, 08:23:02 pm by faberryman »

faberryman

« Reply #609 on: November 09, 2020, 08:13:12 pm »

I wonder if the Danes got the minks from China?

Israelis may be infected with new coronavirus strain from Denmark minks

https://www.jpost.com/israel-news/israelis-may-be-infected-with-new-coronavirus-strain-from-denmark-minks-648513
« Last Edit: November 09, 2020, 08:20:24 pm by faberryman »

faberryman

« Reply #610 on: November 09, 2020, 08:17:46 pm »

Looks like Barr is entering the frey.

AG Barr authorizes DOJ probe of allegations of ‘voting irregularities’ in 2020 election

https://nypost.com/2020/11/09/barr-authorizes-probe-of-allegations-of-voting-irregularities-in-election/

As is usual, this is an information free article from the New York Post.

Chris Kern

• Chris Kern's Eponymous Website
« Reply #611 on: November 09, 2020, 08:18:59 pm »

Pfizer announces 90% effective vaccine. . . .

Welcome back!  We've all felt deprived of your trenchant commentary on events of the day.  While you were away, you missed some important developments: Trump won the election.  Then Biden stole it.  Trump responded with his usual equanimity.  The United States turned the corner on COVID-19.  The stock market plummeted on news that Trump will no longer be in office after January 20.  Heads of government all over the world commiserated with Trump, and told him how grateful they were for his exemplary leadership.  Except for Vladimir Putin and Xi Jinping—but they are widely reported by certain social media (you know which ones) to be closet Biden supporters.

BernardLanguillier

« Reply #612 on: November 09, 2020, 08:33:05 pm »

I don't know how you arrived at that conclusion. I did not make a statement. I asked a question.

I don't know how you can agree or disagree with me. I did not make a statement. I asked a question.

I don't know who you are agreeing with. Certainly not me. I made no statement to that effect.

When someone tells you A, and you answer well, it could be -A, I have seen cases where -A is happening. I wonder if -A is going to happen.

You do understand that, even if you phrase your answer as a question, you convey a strong message that you believe about the possibility that -A could happen instead of the proposed A, right? If not I am not sure to understand why you bothered writing about -A in the first place. Perhaps you could explain?

This feels like a pretty universal way to converse among logical adults. I mean adults not having been infected by Trumpism (supporters or not). ;)

Regardless, sorry if I did misunderstand your post, please just understand my answer as being relative to -A.

You certainly seem to know a lot about 70,000,000 Americans.

I see that we are still not past the point where you don't agree that an external view about America could be relevant. I hope that the many academicians in the world who study systems from outside won't have their feelings hurt.

Please do at least acknowledge that I mostly did not comment only about 70 million Americans, I did comment mostly about 380 million Americans since the very meaning of my post was that Trumpism's influence isn't stopping at Trump supporters. I also took the liberty to comment about 6 billion citizens outside the US. I know... crazy... how do I dare to have such opinions. ;) The only conforting thing, I guess, is that hunderds of books have been written about the influence of Trump. I have only read a few of them. They pretty much all seem to agree. I fear that you may not consider any recommendation from me as relevant, but for others who may be more open minded, I recommend Ken Wilber's "Trump and a Post-Truth World".

Is your opinion different?

Cheers,
Bernard
« Last Edit: November 09, 2020, 08:47:27 pm by BernardLanguillier »

faberryman

« Reply #613 on: November 09, 2020, 08:46:42 pm »

When someone tells you A, and you answer well, it could be -A, I have seen cases where -A is happening. I wonder if -A is going to happen.

I have no idea what you are talking about.

You do understand that, even if you phrase your answer as a question, you convey a strong message that you believe about the possibility that -A could happen instead of the proposed A, right? If not I am not sure to understand why you bothered writing about -A in the first place. Perhaps you could explain?

You are just reading things into the questions I asked.

Regardless, sorry if I did misunderstand your post, please just understand my answer relative to -A.

Again, I have no idea what you are talking about.

I see that we are still not past the point where you don't agree that an external view about America could be relevant.

They may be relevant if they are well founded.

I hope that none of the many academicians in the world who study systems from outside won't have their feelings hurt.

Are you an academician who studies systems from the outside?

Please do at least acknowledge that I mostly did not comment only about 70 million Americans, I did comment mostly about 380 million Americans since the very meaning of my post was that Trumpism's influence isn't stopping at Trump supporters. I also took the liberty to comment about 6 billion citizens outside the US. I know... crazy... how do I dare to have such opinions. ;)

There are only 330 million Americans. You are free to hold whatever opinions you wish.

digitaldog

• Andrew Rodney
« Reply #614 on: November 09, 2020, 08:51:12 pm »

Looks like Barr is entering the frey.
AG Barr authorizes DOJ probe of allegations of ‘voting irregularities’ in 2020 election
Let them probe. What is still missing is any evidence of wide spread irregularities, certainly anything at a scale which would alter the results thus far.
What's alarming is a huge delay, both in moving the new administration forward (they getting zero cooperation from the current admin), or far worse, disputes over electoral votes: a state legislature has the authority under the Constitution to appoint the state’s electors, regardless of the status of the popular vote. That could be Trump's game plan and one that would be awful for the country.

BernardLanguillier

« Reply #615 on: November 09, 2020, 08:52:16 pm »

I have no idea what you are talking about.

You are just reading things into the questions I asked.

So you don't understand, but then you understand?

There are only 330 million Americans. You are free to hold whatever opinions you wish.

OK, I see it's a bit hard to have an adult conversation with you.

Cheers,
Bernard

Robert Roaldi

• Robert's Photos
« Reply #616 on: November 09, 2020, 09:43:56 pm »

Maybe she thought she was at a fraternity party or something. Isn't she like 40?

Isn't 40 the new 20?

--
Robert

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #617 on: November 09, 2020, 09:58:02 pm »

Welcome back!  We've all felt deprived of your trenchant commentary on events of the day.  While you were away, you missed some important developments: Trump won the election.  Then Biden stole it.  Trump responded with his usual equanimity.  The United States turned the corner on COVID-19.  The stock market plummeted on news that Trump will no longer be in office after January 20.  Heads of government all over the world commiserated with Trump, and told him how grateful they were for his exemplary leadership.  Except for Vladimir Putin and Xi Jinping—but they are widely reported by certain social media (you know which ones) to be closet Biden supporters.
Thanks. Nice to be back.    I was very busy helping to count the vote in Philadelphia.

Robert Roaldi

• Robert's Photos
« Reply #618 on: November 09, 2020, 10:03:07 pm »

Let them probe. What is still missing is any evidence of wide spread irregularities, certainly anything at a scale which would alter the results thus far.
What's alarming is a huge delay, both in moving the new administration forward (they getting zero cooperation from the current admin), or far worse, disputes over electoral votes: a state legislature has the authority under the Constitution to appoint the state’s electors, regardless of the status of the popular vote. That could be Trump's game plan and one that would be awful for the country.

This is a podcast interview from NPR's Fresh Air with Barton Gellman of The Atlantic https://www.npr.org/2020/11/04/931322781/atlantic-writer-says-current-election-is-a-stress-test-of-american-democracy.

A couple of paragraphs from the intro blurb to the podcast

<<<<<
"He updated that story earlier this week in an article titled "How Trump Could Attempt A Coup" about the legal strategies of the Trump and Biden teams to win in the courts if the election is contested. Gellman writes, (reading) our electoral system was not built to withstand a sustained assault on its legitimacy.

Gellman is a staff writer at The Atlantic. He wrote extensively about the expansion of executive power during the George W. Bush administration and is the author of a book about the Cheney vice presidency called "Angler." He's also the author of "Dark Mirror: Edward Snowden And The American Surveillance State."
>>>>

He addresses many of the methods that are open to Trump to try and circumvent the vote, what strategies they might use, and what the counter strategies might be. I listened to it during a long car ride. I was a bit shocked to hear all the ways that voters' wishes could be thwarted in a country that makes high claims to democracy. The tactics he described would be right at home in the kind of "third-world dictatorial shit hole" that existed in 1952. Shouldn't the actual vote count mean something?

Maybe we're just misunderstanding Trump. He's used to being a CEO and CEO's don't get outvoted or even disagreed with. Maybe he didn't completely realize that he could lose the election and that losing means he has to go away now. I see that he replaced the Secretary of Defense this morning, via Twitter of course. Very classy. The timing is odd to say the least. The new guy won't have finished moving in his favourite plants when Biden's appointee will show up with his own pots.

--
Robert

faberryman

« Reply #619 on: November 10, 2020, 06:57:20 am »

OK, I see it's a bit hard to have an adult conversation with you.

Can't stand to be corrected, eh? Not surprising.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2020, 07:27:25 am by faberryman »
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 808   Go Up