Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 808   Go Down

Author Topic: Bear Pit: now the sole domicile of politics at LuLa  (Read 466427 times)

chez

Re: Bear Pit: now the sole domicile of politics at LuLa
« Reply #440 on: November 07, 2020, 09:58:47 pm »

So where is the truth to be found Chez? Really I would like to know.

Outside the US where everything...and I mean everything is either for republican or democrats. Open your mind and look outside for a more realistic view.

Robert Roaldi

• Robert's Photos
« Reply #441 on: November 07, 2020, 10:05:24 pm »

There was a really interesting podcast interview on NPR's Fresh Air recently with Jack Goldsmith (former legal counsel to George W. Bush's White House), co-author of "After Trump: Reconstructing The Presidency," https://www.npr.org/2020/11/05/931718840/future-presidents-should-be-held-more-accountable-after-trump-author-says.

Short blurb from opening statement, "Goldsmith points out, President Trump has said that Article 2 of the Constitution gives him the right to do whatever he wants. In doing what he's wanted to, Trump has attacked norms comprehensively and frequently and disregarded them openly. The new book spells out the norms Trump has broken and the weaknesses in accountability that have allowed him to do so. The book recommends reforms that will hold future presidents more accountable."

--
Robert

Robert Roaldi

• Robert's Photos
« Reply #442 on: November 07, 2020, 10:12:01 pm »

I just wanted to thank the contributors warning us about the coming commie apocalypse in the last few pages. It reminded me a lot of the shrill nonsense from campus revolutionaries at McGill in the mid-1970s. My advice to you is to switch to decaf. I had a good laugh.

And as I often say after an election, the people have spoken.
--
Robert

LesPalenik

• advantica blog
« Reply #443 on: November 07, 2020, 10:13:00 pm »

In the last 4 days, the new infections in USA were coming at record numbers at around 120,000 a day and deaths at around 1,200 a day. 
Seeing the huge Pro-Biden and Pro-Trump weekend crowds, body on body and often without masks, I shudder to think about the next week infections and deaths. The numbers could easily double in the next days (and with so many infected people, they could then double again). How stupid can people get before they smarten up?

Robert Roaldi

• Robert's Photos
« Reply #444 on: November 07, 2020, 10:14:21 pm »

How stupid can people get before they smarten up?

Stupid never sleeps.
--
Robert

Robert Roaldi

• Robert's Photos
« Reply #445 on: November 07, 2020, 10:28:48 pm »

It seems to me that if you were going to fight this election to the bitter end, you might want to be meeting with your advisors and lawyers and working on crafting a strategic plan, rather than being on the golf course undoubtedly cheating your way around eighteen holes, and tweeting "I WON THIS ELECTION, BY A LOT!". And can anyone explain why Giuliani and friends are announcing their upcoming legal efforts at a landscaping business in an industrial section of Philadelphia? Seems pretty whackadoodle to me.

When I heard that he was playing golf today, I thought "Perfect." I predict a lot of Republican party strategist infighting in the coming months and years. I suspect that a lot of the adults who left the party in the last 5 years might want back in. There may be a reckoning.

But that's just the politicians, basically who cares about them. Let's see if anyone turns their attention to actually improving things for US citizens for a change, instead of ramping them up to shoot at each other.
--
Robert

chez

« Reply #446 on: November 07, 2020, 10:31:11 pm »

In the last 4 days, the new infections in USA were coming at record numbers at around 120,000 a day and deaths at around 1,200 a day. 
Seeing the huge Pro-Biden and Pro-Trump weekend crowds, body on body and often without masks, I shudder to think about the next week infections and deaths. The numbers could easily double in the next days (and with so many infected people, they could then double again). How stupid can people get before they smarten up?

Most people need to be hit on their heads before things sink in. How many times have you heard someone say after they beet lung cancer "I'll never smoke again". It's like they never knew until they looked death directly in their eyes that smoking leads to cancer.

Craig Lamson

• Craig Lamson Photo Homepage
« Reply #447 on: November 07, 2020, 10:35:03 pm »

Well if America as we know it from last month...I think many want that garbage thrown out. Virus out of control, economy out of control, people rioting in the streets...what's not to love.

The economy is doing pretty well considering. Better than many other countries including Canada at least for the second quarter.  I've not seen a third quarter comparison.

Riots can be stopped if there is a will and there is no will in the cities and states where they are happening.

Yes the virus is still with us and we have lots of cases.  Its still a virus that has an around a 99 percentage recovery rate overall. 

Just wait.  Lockdowns are coming and thats not a good thing for America.  Heck they are talking aboutt wanting people to wear masks at home.  That's going to be a sure winner from the Biden camp.

I love America, warts and all, and its the warts that makes us special.  President come and go, policy changes and often it changes back again.  Hopefully we survive Biden.  We had an amazing run under Trump.  I think Biden will destroy it all.  Can you say Great Reset?
Craig Lamson Photo

digitaldog

• Andrew Rodney
    • http://www.digitaldog.net/
« Reply #448 on: November 07, 2020, 10:41:10 pm »

Yes, Trump was playing golf today.

The excursion marked Trump’s 209th day golfing since becoming president, according to CBS News White House correspondent Mark Knoller — 104 more than Barack Obama, Trump’s predecessor whom he excoriated for golfing.

Remember Trump telling us, an early deception; ” I'm not going to have time to go play golf." --Donald J. Trump, August, 2016.
http://www.digitaldog.net/
Author "Color Management for Photographers".

Craig Lamson

« Reply #449 on: November 07, 2020, 10:43:42 pm »

For the vast majority of people I believe the thinking is if I get sick, I get over it and I go on.  I don't think most Americans will accept more lockdowns or stay at home orders.  At least around here the world looks pretty much like it did pre-covid.  You couldn't tell by looking at the traffic and the parking lots at stores and restaurants.

My neighbor, aged 56 got covid a few weeks ago.  7 days at home, minimal symptoms and then back to work.  No one else in the family got it.  He says screw it, its not a big deal and I'm glad I've got it past me.  I'm not that bold, but many people are.
Craig Lamson Photo

Craig Lamson

« Reply #450 on: November 07, 2020, 10:45:39 pm »

Yes, Trump was playing golf today.

The excursion marked Trump’s 209th day golfing since becoming president, according to CBS News White House correspondent Mark Knoller — 104 more than Barack Obama, Trump’s predecessor whom he excoriated for golfing.

Remember Trump telling us, an early deception; ” I'm not going to have time to go play golf." --Donald J. Trump, August, 2016.

Yea well Trump has owns a few golf courses and has living quarters there.  Obama not so much. 
Craig Lamson Photo

chez

« Reply #451 on: November 07, 2020, 10:46:38 pm »

The economy is doing pretty well considering. Better than many other countries including Canada at least for the second quarter.  I've not seen a third quarter comparison.

Riots can be stopped if there is a will and there is no will in the cities and states where they are happening.

Yes the virus is still with us and we have lots of cases.  Its still a virus that has an around a 99 percentage recovery rate overall. 

Just wait.  Lockdowns are coming and thats not a good thing for America.  Heck they are talking aboutt wanting people to wear masks at home.  That's going to be a sure winner from the Biden camp.

I love America, warts and all, and its the warts that makes us special.  President come and go, policy changes and often it changes back again.  Hopefully we survive Biden.  We had an amazing run under Trump.  I think Biden will destroy it all.  Can you say Great Reset?

You call it amazing, I call it a disaster. You really think the stock market was the result of anything Trump did? The market was on fire when Trump took office, the entire world economies were all ticking. Trump had little to do with anything. His take back manufacturing from Chi a totally flopped. The trade difference between China and US has increased by 25% since a Trump took over...so much for bringing back that manufacturing. North Korea played Trump for a fool. Their leader paraded around before his meeting with Trump, looking like a king. North Korea just tested a new long range missile...yeh puppy Trump is really tough. And let's not get into Russia where Putin had Trump sitting on his lap.

What exactly has Trump accomplished these part 4 years? He couldn't even build the f'ing wall.

chez

« Reply #452 on: November 07, 2020, 10:48:39 pm »

Yea well Trump has owns a few golf courses and has living quarters there.  Obama not so much.

You'll defend Chetos to the end.

Craig Lamson

« Reply #453 on: November 07, 2020, 10:55:02 pm »

You call it amazing, I call it a disaster. You really think the stock market was the result of anything Trump did? The market was on fire when Trump took office, the entire world economies were all ticking. Trump had little to do with anything. His take back manufacturing from Chi a totally flopped. The trade difference between China and US has increased by 25% since a Trump took over...so much for bringing back that manufacturing. North Korea played Trump for a fool. Their leader paraded around before his meeting with Trump, looking like a king. North Korea just tested a new long range missile...yeh puppy Trump is really tough. And let's not get into Russia where Putin had Trump sitting on his lap.

What exactly has Trump accomplished these part 4 years? He couldn't even build the f'ing wall.

Wow, are we living in the same world?  Well you see it your way and I and my IRA will see it another.
Craig Lamson Photo

Craig Lamson

« Reply #454 on: November 07, 2020, 10:56:57 pm »

Actually I will. 

I really dont care if he plays golf or not, Did you take any days off each week when you worked?  Is a president entitled to days off, or at least days with less duties?
Craig Lamson Photo

digitaldog

• Andrew Rodney
    • http://www.digitaldog.net/
« Reply #455 on: November 07, 2020, 11:00:28 pm »

He also, as expected, utterly missed the hypocrisy and lie from Trump about golfing to attack Obama.
It will be great to see how much larger Bidens crowd size and ratings will be on January 20th; Trump will bust a gut over that. ;D
http://www.digitaldog.net/
Author "Color Management for Photographers".

Craig Lamson

« Reply #456 on: November 07, 2020, 11:10:51 pm »

He also, as expected, utterly missed the hypocrisy and lie from Trump about golfing to attack Obama.
It will be great to see how much larger Bidens crowd size and ratings will be on January 20th; Trump will bust a gut over that. ;D

I really don't care how much Trump played golf or what he said about Obama.

What? Biden is going to hold a huge gathering with all the covid?  Would that be a bit hypocritical?

What I do find amusing is how much Trump lives rent free in your head.  Your old man won, and Trump is going away but still all you can do is attack him.  It must really suck for you to have this much hatred burning inside of you.  Maybe you should let it go.

The prospects of the next four years look interesting from one standpoint.  I and 70 million others now get to pick apart every stupid thing Biden does and then we got to watch guys like you try and defend.  Shoe is on the other foot now!

« Last Edit: November 07, 2020, 11:18:44 pm by Craig Lamson »
Craig Lamson Photo

LesPalenik

• advantica blog
« Reply #457 on: November 07, 2020, 11:38:54 pm »

No idea about Holland, but I retired here in Canada with a great pension and health care. Pity one has to go elsewhere from where they worked in order to be able to retire. Yeh...lets make America great again...people feeling great these last 4 years.

You are very fortunate in your situation. There are many seniors in Canada, both male and female, living on a basic CPP and Old Age pension, able to afford only a room or a crummy basement apartment, or living with a relative, and no car. Typically they don't have a supplementary health insurance and if they fall ill, and need a paid physiotherapist at $100/hr, that's often out of their reach.

Only 15 to 20 per cent of middle-income Canadians retiring without an employer pension plan have saved anywhere near enough for retirement, according to a new study from the Broadbent Institute. These people, now aged 55 to 64, face a dramatic drop in their standard of living in retirement, and many will spend their senior years in poverty, the think-tank says, basing its findings on Statistics Canada figures.

About 47 per cent of Canadians currently have no employer pension, and even fewer younger workers have employer pensions. That means the number of seniors who slip into poverty will worsen in the decades ahead. Canadians within 10 years of retirement are supposed to be at their peak savings years, socking away money for retirement. But Shillington found the median value of retirement assets of Canadians age 55 to 64 is just over $3,000.

They'll get the CPP/QPP and OAS/GIS in most cases, which brings them to an average of $15,970Cdn annually for singles and $25,746Cdn for couples. Half have less than year of savings
But they are meant to supplement that income from their own savings or other resources. As things stand now, half have savings that represent less than one year's worth of the resources they need to supplement OAS/GIS and CPP/QPP, the study found.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/business/retirement-savings-broadbent-institute-1.3450084
« Last Edit: November 08, 2020, 07:27:40 am by LesPalenik »

LesPalenik

• advantica blog
« Reply #458 on: November 07, 2020, 11:40:43 pm »

When I heard that he was playing golf today, I thought "Perfect." I predict a lot of Republican party strategist infighting in the coming months and years. I suspect that a lot of the adults who left the party in the last 5 years might want back in. There may be a reckoning.

Well, that's one venue where he can still cheat.

Jim Pascoe

• http://www.jimpascoe.co.uk
« Reply #459 on: November 08, 2020, 02:14:03 am »

Yea, now it your turn to fail.  I can't wait to watch.

Surely this is exactly the problem that needs to be avoided.  Trump destroyed himself, at least Biden will attempt to speak for all Americans.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 808   Go Up