Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 808   Go Down

Author Topic: Bear Pit: now the sole domicile of politics at LuLa  (Read 466382 times)

faberryman

Re: Bear Pit: now the sole domicile of politics at LuLa
« Reply #340 on: November 07, 2020, 04:09:12 pm »

Last I heard telephones and zoom were still working after the press called the election for Biden.

I guess I am showing my age. It didn't strike me as optimal. I guess Rudy has it all under control.

Craig Lamson

• Craig Lamson Photo Homepage
« Reply #341 on: November 07, 2020, 04:09:55 pm »

Don't need to look outside the states...look at the unrest internally since Trump has been in office.

Why, because the libs have gone apeshit crazy because was elected?  Maybe its time to return the favor?  Who knows.
Craig Lamson Photo

Craig Lamson

« Reply #342 on: November 07, 2020, 04:13:37 pm »

I guess I am showing my age. It didn't strike me as optimal. I guess Rudy has it all under control.

We really don't know what is happening and I suspect Trump and his team want it that way until the suits are files.  Rudy is the a mouthpiece, he will not be handling the lawyering.

I have no doubts Trump will lose his cases.  I suspect he does too.
Craig Lamson Photo

Craig Lamson

« Reply #343 on: November 07, 2020, 04:14:50 pm »

Really no; rubbish yes.
Meanwhile, the Commander-in-chief is making a mockery of our democratic system of voting. The hypocrisy of suggesting Biden is a communist while Trump rants with no proof of widespread voting fraud, all while snuggles with guys like Putin and Kim (to name only two) simply shows the depth of the unreality bubble some wear around themselves.   
Ignore them, we've won.

Yea, now it your turn to fail.  I can't wait to watch.
Craig Lamson Photo

digitaldog

• Andrew Rodney
    • http://www.digitaldog.net/
« Reply #344 on: November 07, 2020, 04:16:44 pm »

Leadership and the lack of it:
Trump (inauguration):
"This American carnage stops right here and stops right now,”

Biden today:
“I am honored and humbled by the trust the American people have placed in me and in Vice President-elect Harris. In the face of unprecedented obstacles, a record number of Americans voted. Proving once again, that democracy beats deep in the heart of America. With the campaign over, it’s time to put the anger and the harsh rhetoric behind us and come together as a nation. It’s time for America to unite. And to heal.
We are the United States of America. And there’s nothing we can’t do, if we do it together.”

All America's can now pick which way to move forward.
http://www.digitaldog.net/
Author "Color Management for Photographers".

Craig Lamson

« Reply #345 on: November 07, 2020, 04:23:06 pm »

Leadership and the lack of it:
Trump (inauguration):
"This American carnage stops right here and stops right now,”

Biden today:
“I am honored and humbled by the trust the American people have placed in me and in Vice President-elect Harris. In the face of unprecedented obstacles, a record number of Americans voted. Proving once again, that democracy beats deep in the heart of America. With the campaign over, it’s time to put the anger and the harsh rhetoric behind us and come together as a nation. It’s time for America to unite. And to heal.
We are the United States of America. And there’s nothing we can’t do, if we do it together.”

All America's can now pick which way to move forward.

And they will, you can count on it.
Craig Lamson Photo

chez

« Reply #346 on: November 07, 2020, 04:25:34 pm »

Why, because the libs have gone apeshit crazy because was elected?  Maybe its time to return the favor?  Who knows.

Slow down...take a deep breath.

Personally it's refreshing to see the people dancing in the streets all over the US today compared to the riots and militia carrying guns in the streets we've seen over the last few months.

Craig Lamson

« Reply #347 on: November 07, 2020, 04:30:30 pm »

Personally it's refreshing to see the people dancing in the streets all over the US today compared to the riots and militia carrying guns in the streets we've seen over the last few months.

Those are most likely the same people who protested and caused the riots in the last few months. 
Craig Lamson Photo

chez

« Reply #348 on: November 07, 2020, 04:32:07 pm »

Those are most likely the same people who protested and caused the riots in the last few months.

I highly doubt that. Didn't see a single gun in the crowd.

Craig Lamson

« Reply #349 on: November 07, 2020, 04:34:50 pm »

I highly doubt that. Didn't see a single gun in the crowd.

Oh thats really funny!  You don't watch much US tv do you? Or you watch the wrong channels.
Craig Lamson Photo

LesPalenik

• advantica blog
« Reply #350 on: November 07, 2020, 04:36:54 pm »

What do you expect them to say? 

You are right, they would have said something similar even if Trump won. But with Biden, at least they didn't have to lie.

In any case you failed to answer a simply question, Why is the world a safer place?

For one thing, there will be fewer people running around with a high blood pressure. I already feel safer and more relaxed.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2020, 05:37:57 pm by LesPalenik »

digitaldog

• Andrew Rodney
« Reply #351 on: November 07, 2020, 04:37:56 pm »

Indeed. And seeing this example of a leader who comes across as a nice, decent and compassionate human. So refreshing and worth dancing to.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2020, 04:41:08 pm by digitaldog »

BernardLanguillier

• http://www.flickr.com/photos/bernardlanguillier/sets/
« Reply #352 on: November 07, 2020, 04:38:41 pm »

Worst?  Really? How did your 401K do prior to the china virus? Your business? Your property values?  Economy in you area? 

Among the many objections you have always carefully avoided answering is that of the role of the President has a leader and commander in chief.

In the actual US, not in your version of the country, the President is expected to lead in case of crisis and to take responsibility for his actions.

The very wording « China virus » is essentially un-American.

Compare the death toll in the US to that of its closest economic rivals: Germany, China, Japan, Korea. The US is between 3 and 100 times higher. Including countries with much stronger ties to China who kept their borders open for months.

Trump’s response to the virus killed the US economy, not the virus.

I can agree with you that Trump, when he starts with a booming economy left by Obama, and if he doesn’t face any challenge requiring leadership and decisiveness, can probably have good economic results. But a Democrat building on the heritage of Obama would have done just as well without making gifts to the super rich.

Trump killed the economy and that’s why the Fortune magazine had already said, long before the virus « why Trump is bad for business », they knew that a good business environment is one where stability and sound policies are in place, based on facts, listening to the latest science, fighting for unity and not racial division,... everything Trump wasn’t.

Btw, my opinion remains that you, as a very vocal an unconditional supporter
of Trump, shares à responsibility in everything that went wrong as a result of his presidency.

Cheers,
Bernard

faberryman

« Reply #353 on: November 07, 2020, 04:42:41 pm »

The very wording « China virus » is essentially un-American.

I am no supporter of Trump, but I have to ask you, as a Belgian if I am not mistaken, why you think you are the arbiter of what is American or un-American?

LesPalenik

• advantica blog
« Reply #354 on: November 07, 2020, 04:44:25 pm »

We really don't know what is happening and I suspect Trump and his team want it that way until the suits are files.  Rudy is the a mouthpiece, he will not be handling the lawyering.

I have no doubts Trump will lose his cases.  I suspect he does too.

In addition, Trump will be busy fighting all new suits and accusations that will pop up after he loses the presidential immunity.

Since taking office in January 2017, President Donald Trump has been besieged by civil lawsuits and criminal investigations of his inner circle.
With Democrat Joe Biden capturing the presidency on Saturday, according to all major U.S. television networks, Trump’s legal woes are likely to deepen because in January he will lose the protections the U.S. legal system affords to a sitting president, former prosecutors said.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-election-trump-probes-explainer/explainer-citizen-trump-will-face-legal-woes-idUSKBN27N0SS?il=0
« Last Edit: November 07, 2020, 04:50:13 pm by LesPalenik »

BernardLanguillier

« Reply #355 on: November 07, 2020, 04:48:25 pm »

Oh thats really funny!  You don't watch much US tv do you? Or you watch the wrong channels.

You watch the wrong channels Craig.

A close friend leaves in Seattle and his experience was totally different from what Fox portrayed.

There were certainly some initial violent reactions, unacceptable for sure. But:
- nobody knows who perpetrated the most violent acts, actual protesters or Trump milices attempting to make protesters look violent. Your guess is as good as mine but looking at the way Trump tried to steal the elections it seems highly possible that he orchestrated violence to blame democrats. I am sure you’d agree with me that this possibility cannot be ruled out
- Fox and right winged media (a tiny minority) clearly emphasized some isolated events to spread fear among their viewers

Cheers,
Bernard

BernardLanguillier

« Reply #356 on: November 07, 2020, 04:54:04 pm »

I am no supporter of Trump, but I have to ask you, as a Belgian if I am not mistaken, why you think you are the arbiter of what is American or un-American?

Oh I am not, but I am a fan of America. I have always been. And I believe that I am entitled to an opinion of what is American vs what’s not, right?

I have visited the country, have many American friends and I believe I have a fair understanding of American values and history.

And most certainly, leading and taking responsibility appear to be two central and essential characteristics of the American culture, in particular among Republicans, that I have a lot of respect and admiration for. They are tightly connected to entrepreneurship.

So I believe that many Americans would agree that blaming one’s failures on others isn’t American.

And we all know that « china virus » used by Trump didn’t only mean « virus originated from China » but meant « not my fault ».

Cheers,
Bernard

faberryman

« Reply #357 on: November 07, 2020, 04:54:36 pm »

You watch the wrong channels Craig.

A close friend leaves in Seattle and his experience was totally different from what Fox portrayed.

There were certainly some initial violent reactions, unacceptable for sure. But:
- nobody knows who perpetrated the most violent acts, actual protesters or Trump milices attempting to make protesters look violent. Your guess is as good as mine but looking at the way Trump tried to steal the elections it seems highly possible that he orchestrated violence to blame democrats. I am sure you’d agree with me that this possibility cannot be ruled out
- Fox and right winged media (a tiny minority) clearly emphasized some isolated events to spread fear among their viewers

Cheers,
Bernard

How much US TV do you watch every day?

digitaldog

• Andrew Rodney
« Reply #358 on: November 07, 2020, 04:54:46 pm »

I am an American and agree it's un-American bordering on racist. I'm not alone as an American:
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2020/03/20/coronavirus-trump-chinese-virus/%3foutputType=amp

“It’s racist and it creates xenophobia,” Harvey Dong, a lecturer in Asian American and Asian diaspora studies with the University of California at Berkeley, told The Post. “It’s a very dangerous situation.”

Scores of Asian Americans nationwide have already reported being targeted in verbal and physical attacks linked to coronavirus fears.

Chairman Bill

• flickr page
« Reply #359 on: November 07, 2020, 04:57:40 pm »

A great American tragedy!

After hundreds of years of being the beacon of the free world, America has finally succumbed to communism. Expect purges to begin soon. The Bartender-in-Chief is already compiling lists of Trump supporters who will soon be stripped of their livelihood. Guns will be confiscated, police decimated, we left defenseless against our communist overlords. I weep today for the real America.

I do so love satire.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 808   Go Up