Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 808   Go Down

Author Topic: Bear Pit: now the sole domicile of politics at LuLa  (Read 466300 times)

digitaldog

• Andrew Rodney
    • http://www.digitaldog.net/
Re: Bear Pit: now the sole domicile of politics at LuLa
« Reply #260 on: November 06, 2020, 04:55:56 pm »

This is a simple question you still have not or don't want to answer.
Yes, cases are UP.  That's not the question.
Cases are up far more than anywhere else on the planet. Connect those dots. It's due to a massive lack of leadership at the top (where the buck used to stop).
Again, the virus is the same on the entire planet. Yet in the US, with 4 percent of the worlds population, over 20% have died. You now know the population of Canada and China, yes two vastly different countries and you now know the number of dead. So either Trump at the top is a failure or the majority of the dead Americans are stupid and died proportionally at a massively higher number than elsewhere. Why is that Craig? Are Americans and/or those leading the country just practicing malpractice? Because the numbers which are factual, speak for themselves.

1. Of the positive cases at the peak of the pandemic back in the spring, what percentage of them required hospitalization?
It doesn't really matter. We are far worse off now than then when we knew less about the virus. 1000 Americans a day on average dead.
2. Of the positive cases now, what percentage of them required hospitalization?
It doesn't really matter. We are far worse off now than then when we knew less about the virus. 1000 Americans a day on average dead. Over 100,000 infections per day last week alone.
Do you think its possible for you to actully answer this?
Lack of leadership is a big one. Because again, the virus, the humans are no different in Canada or China. The leadership IS. And the intelligence of the people who listen to the leaders. Again, Trump could have had his followers follow CDC guidance, he didn't. He could have listened to experts, he didn't. He could have actually stopped travel from China which he really didn't do by a long shot but it's the one thing he's so proud of saying he did early. You do realize that isn't' what happened.

We lead the world in sickness and death from Covid-19, that's a simple fact. Either as a country we are filled with idiots (I believe that's somewhat true) or our leaders are idiots (I believe that's mostly true) but you simply cannot deny the number of our population and the number of sick and dead let alone those who haven't fully recovered and may be scarred with disease for the rest of their life. Make America Great again? With that accomplishment; rubbish.

You will never, never admit that either a lot of Americans, or their leaders are to blame for this. You will never admit that the people in say Canada and their leaders didn't make the same mistakes. It's pointless trying to provide facts that clearly illustrate the truth. WHY should we continue? Ask all the silly questions you want. You simply cannot answer why the US is in such an awful state in this pandemic nor why we lead in infections and death worldwide.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2020, 05:04:25 pm by digitaldog »
http://www.digitaldog.net/
Author "Color Management for Photographers".

chez

« Reply #261 on: November 06, 2020, 05:02:56 pm »

He just might surprise you.

I don't think so. Someone who has such a big ego as Trump that needs to be constantly stroked...right when he falls from the lime light, he disintegrates. He will be old news...a blimp many people would like to forget. There will be law suits coming after him...maybe he'll seek asylum in China or North Korea...or maybe Putin will take in this lost puppy when he ends up on Putin's doorstep.   

faberryman

« Reply #262 on: November 06, 2020, 05:15:38 pm »

Anybody remember Steve Bannon? The last time we saw him, he was being arrested on a yacht in the North Atlantic and ferried into NYC for arraignment on charges of defrauding investors in a scheme to build some sections of wall on private property down near the border. So he made five million dollar bail, and largely disappeared from view, except for a cameo in the Hunter Biden laptop saga. Well, yesterday or the day before yesterday he got on Twitter and tweeted that Dr. Fauci and others should be beheaded. So now his lawyers in the criminal case say they would just as soon Bannon get new lawyers, which is saying something because a billable hour is a billable hour and lawyers, like most everyone, like to make money, particularly after a slow year like 2020.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/11/06/steve-bannon-lawyers-seek-to-withdraw-after-fauci-beheading-comment.html

« Last Edit: November 06, 2020, 05:36:36 pm by faberryman »

Craig Lamson

• Craig Lamson Photo Homepage
« Reply #263 on: November 06, 2020, 05:26:17 pm »

Cases are up far more than anywhere else on the planet. Connect those dots. It's due to a massive lack of leadership at the top (where the buck used to stop).
Again, the virus is the same on the entire planet. Yet in the US, with 4 percent of the worlds population, over 20% have died. You now know the population of Canada and China, yes two vastly different countries and you now know the number of dead. So either Trump at the top is a failure or the majority of the dead Americans are stupid and died proportionally at a massively higher number than elsewhere. Why is that Craig? Are Americans and/or those leading the country just practicing malpractice? Because the numbers which are factual, speak for themselves.
It doesn't really matter. We are far worse off now than then when we knew less about the virus. 1000 Americans a day on average dead. It doesn't really matter. We are far worse off now than then when we knew less about the virus. 1000 Americans a day on average dead. Over 100,000 infections per day last week alone. Lack of leadership is a big one. Because again, the virus, the humans are no different in Canada or China. The leadership IS. And the intelligence of the people who listen to the leaders. Again, Trump could have had his followers follow CDC guidance, he didn't. He could have listened to experts, he didn't. He could have actually stopped travel from China which he really didn't do by a long shot but it's the one thing he's so proud of saying he did early. You do realize that isn't' what happened.

We lead the world in sickness and death from Covid-19, that's simple a fact. Either as a country we are filled with idiots (I believe that's somewhat true) or our leaders are idiots (I believe that's mostly true) but you simply cannot deny the number of our population and the number of sick and dead let alone those who haven't fully recovered and may be scarred with disease for the rest of their life. Make America Great again? With that accomplishment; rubbish.

Yes we have a lot of cases and a lot of death,  Many things to fault the the vast majority in my opinion (as I have stated many times) is the way our people have decided to live with this pandemic.  Short of locking people up they will do what they want to do.  You may not like it, quite frankly I don't either since I'm in a risk group but thats reality. I do not believe Trump ( or slowjoe ) could have changed the outcome.  We are not China and we are not Canada. 

We are not worse off now that at the begining of the Pandemic. Yes raw cases are up but hospitalizations as a percentage of positive cases is down.  Death rates are down in comparison to hospitilatizations as are the need for vents.  These are facts you don't seem to want to discuss because they do not favor you. I suspect that is why you keep trying to deflect from the tough questions.

You will never, never admit that either a lot of Americans, or their leaders are to blame for this. You will never admit that the people in say Canada and their leaders didn't make the same mistakes. It's pointless trying to provide facts that clearly illustrate the truth. WHY should we continue? Ask all the silly questions you want. You simply cannot answer why the US is in such an awful state in this pandemic nor why we lead in infections and death worldwide.

Can you read and comprehend Andrew?  Where are you getting this utter bullcrap?  I've made myself very clear. I place the bulk of the blame on the American people or at least a subset of them.  I think our system Federalism and States Rights sets us apart from other counties and has a share of the blame and yes Trump does too.  You seem to think Trump could have changed peoples behavior?  I don't think it would have mattered. Fauci and his band of merry men and woman were given ample time to explain to the country what they though needed to happen.  Govenors of their respective States developed their plan and passed them along to their citizens.  NO ONE  was restricted from hearing from any of these people. 

In the end its the PEOPLE who decide how to proceed, for good or bad. 

« Last Edit: November 06, 2020, 05:32:15 pm by Craig Lamson »
Craig Lamson Photo

Craig Lamson

« Reply #264 on: November 06, 2020, 05:29:03 pm »

I don't think so. Someone who has such a big ego as Trump that needs to be constantly stroked...right when he falls from the lime light, he disintegrates. He will be old news...a blimp many people would like to forget. There will be law suits coming after him...maybe he'll seek asylum in China or North Korea...or maybe Putin will take in this lost puppy when he ends up on Putin's doorstep.

Most ex presidents fade away after they leave the White House. Thats a featue not a bug.   I suspect he will have more than enough issues to keep him busy for the next few years. 
Craig Lamson Photo

BernardLanguillier

• http://www.flickr.com/photos/bernardlanguillier/sets/
« Reply #265 on: November 06, 2020, 05:32:56 pm »

This one is fun....

Rod Blagojevich: Dems Stealing Elections a ‘Time-Honored Tradition

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2020/11/06/rod-blagojevich-dems-stealing-elections-a-time-honored-tradition/

Blagojevich told Newsmax TV’s “John Bachman Now” that Democratic stronghold cities changing vote counts overnight, and controlling polling places is a “time-honored tradition.” He went on to say that Democrats “stealing the presidency” is “incredibly dangerous to our democracy.”

Are you seriously quoting Breibart as a credible source of information?

For the sake of smooth communication may I kindly ask you not to forget to use smileys when you joke?

Thank you.

Now... a few pages away I was told that Trump wasn’t seriously thinking about stealing the election. That his declaration of victory was Trump being Trump, that if he ever really did his Republican voters would stop him.

5 law suits later we see Craig posting this kind of crap.

And we understand that not only are some Trump voters fine with him stealing the elections. They want him to.

Who is their pathetic attempt to disguise this as a defensive move going to convince besides themselves?

Cheers,
Bernard
« Last Edit: November 06, 2020, 05:46:48 pm by BernardLanguillier »

faberryman

« Reply #266 on: November 06, 2020, 05:39:38 pm »

Are you seriously quoting Breibart as a credible source of information?

I'm not sure that Breitbart is the issue so much as Blagojevich.

chez

« Reply #267 on: November 06, 2020, 05:40:54 pm »

Most ex presidents fade away after they leave the White House. Thats a featue not a bug.   I suspect he will have more than enough issues to keep him busy for the next few years.

Yep...prosecutors are going to be up Trump's butt for years.

Craig Lamson

« Reply #268 on: November 06, 2020, 05:45:58 pm »

I'm not sure that Breitbart is the issue so much as Blagojevich.

Did anyone actually notice this part of my post?

"This one is fun...."

Bernard I understand, he is clueless.
Craig Lamson Photo

BernardLanguillier

• http://www.flickr.com/photos/bernardlanguillier/sets/
« Reply #269 on: November 06, 2020, 05:51:03 pm »

Did anyone actually notice this part of my post?

"This one is fun...."

Bernard I understand, he is clueless.

Apologies if I misunderstood you Craig.

Your previous 1,000 posts may have contributed. ;)

Glad to know you don’t think that Democrats have done anything fraudulous.

Cheers,
Bernard

faberryman

« Reply #270 on: November 06, 2020, 05:52:08 pm »

It seems like a lifetime ago that Trump supporters were having boat rallies. Well, they have not been forgotten. A writer at Vanity Fair had this to say:

"And what of Trump’s favorite and best children, that is, the boats? Yes, boats and boat people? The ones he invested his hopes and dreams into? Well, the boat people did not come through, not in the way he wanted. Of the five states with the highest boat ownership, Florida, California, Michigan, Minnesota, and Wisconsin, he lost four of them. That one must hurt."

https://www.vanityfair.com/style/2020/11/trumps-children-cant-believe-their-dad-is-this-despised

I don't think Trump owns a boat. He used to have a yacht named Trump Princess, which may or may not have been a reference to Ivanka, but had to sell it as a result of one of his bankruptcies in the 1990s.

In other news, my hometown is looking forward to the arrival of our first Whataburger coming this spring.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2020, 05:56:58 pm by faberryman »

Craig Lamson

« Reply #271 on: November 06, 2020, 06:03:43 pm »

It seems like a lifetime ago that Trump supporters were having boat rallies. Well, they have not been forgotten. A writer at Vanity Fair had this to say:

"And what of Trump’s favorite and best children, that is, the boats? Yes, boats and boat people? The ones he invested his hopes and dreams into? Well, the boat people did not come through, not in the way he wanted. Of the five states with the highest boat ownership, Florida, California, Michigan, Minnesota, and Wisconsin, he lost four of them. That one must hurt."

https://www.vanityfair.com/style/2020/11/trumps-children-cant-believe-their-dad-is-this-despised

I don't think Trump owns a boat. He used to have a yacht named Trump Princess, which may or may not have been a reference to Ivanka, but had to sell it as a result of one of his bankruptcies in the 1990s.

In other news, my hometown is looking forward to the arrival of our first Whataburger coming this spring.

I think the Trump boat people did come through.  What was he down 17 in one poll.

Off the top of my head I think he got 220k more vote in WI than 16.  Just not enough to overcome the dem cheating. 
Craig Lamson Photo

faberryman

« Reply #272 on: November 06, 2020, 06:06:54 pm »

I think the Trump boat people did come through.  What was he down 17 in one poll.

Off the top of my head I think he got 220k more vote in WI than 16.  Just not enough to overcome the dem cheating.

Maybe. I don't know the percentage of boat owners who voted for Trump. Is boat ownership a demographic? It might be. I just thought it was kind of interesting that someone thought to make a note of it.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2020, 10:04:50 am by faberryman »

MattBurt

• Looking for that other shot
    • Matt Burt Photography
« Reply #273 on: November 06, 2020, 06:08:12 pm »

Seems like if dems were cheating they would have performed better in the Senate and House races.
Also, there would be more than vague accusations and maybe some evidence.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2020, 06:17:31 pm by MattBurt »
-MattB

LesPalenik

• advantica blog
« Reply #274 on: November 06, 2020, 06:29:46 pm »

Are you serious?  You want to blame freedom of speach and assembly for all the Covid deaths in the US?

It's very likely that most of the infections and consequently deaths occurred due to groups of people getting close together. Some just for a barbeque, others to listen to the big leader.

James Clark

« Reply #275 on: November 06, 2020, 06:39:48 pm »

Prepare to be mildly impressed.  But the spicy ketchup IS pretty tasty.

digitaldog

• Andrew Rodney
« Reply #276 on: November 06, 2020, 06:40:18 pm »

It's very likely that most of the infections and consequently deaths occurred due to groups of people getting close together. Some just for a barbeque, others to listen to the big leader.
He'd like to think of himself as a big leader, but all indications are, he's compensating, even if we dismiss the size of his hands.  ;)
As for the silly comment that doesn't have a lick of proof behind it with respect to overcome the dem cheating, a few in the GOP are growing a pair and asking questions:

Sen. Ben Sasse (R-Neb.). "If the president’s legal team has real evidence, they need to present it immediately to both the public and the courts. In the meantime, all legal votes need to be counted."

Yes, immediately and real are key here.

Mitch is being Mitch, stating the obvious that many (most?) Dems agree with:
"Here’s how this must work in our great country: Every legal vote should be counted."

And the count continues. It's only 'the leader' who thinks votes for him should be counted, those against are illegal. And we still have zero proof of that of course. Putin would be proud of his prodigy.

Craig Lamson

« Reply #277 on: November 06, 2020, 06:40:55 pm »

One study I read said the places most covid positive claimed visiting were big box stores and restaurants  prior to testing positive .  It was from some State, I just don't remenber which one.
Craig Lamson Photo

LesPalenik

• advantica blog
« Reply #278 on: November 06, 2020, 06:42:22 pm »

I would assume the funds comes from the RNC

Now, RNC needs more money for new legal fights.

“They want $60 million,” said a Republican donor who received solicitations from the campaign and the Republican National Committee (RNC).

Two other sources said the campaign wanted as much as $100 million for the joint fundraising committee it maintains with the RNC, a sign of the scale of legal fight the campaign expects to mount.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-election-funding-exclusive/exclusive-republicans-seeking-to-raise-at-least-60-million-to-fund-trump-legal-challenges-sources-idUSKBN27M2R0?il=0

digitaldog

• Andrew Rodney
« Reply #279 on: November 06, 2020, 06:45:14 pm »

It was from some State, I just don't remenber which one.
Maybe you can remember of this one?
https://www.statnews.com/2020/10/16/trump-campaign-rallies-leave-a-trail-of-community-outbreaks/

The president has repeatedly held these gatherings not only in defiance of public health guidelines, but seemingly to spite them: downplaying the threat of the virus, eschewing basic public health principles such as wearing face coverings and packing his supporters shoulder to shoulder for political optics. Several early campaign events were indoors, such as in Tulsa, where there was a reported surge in cases afterwards. Former presidential candidate Herman Cain, who was co-chair of Black Voices for Trump and who attended the Tulsa rally without wearing a mask, tested positive for Covid-19 two days after the rally and died less than two weeks later.

More examples of his 'leadership' on Covid-19.

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 808   Go Up