Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 808   Go Down

Author Topic: Bear Pit: now the sole domicile of politics at LuLa  (Read 466641 times)

digitaldog

• Andrew Rodney
    • http://www.digitaldog.net/
Re: Bear Pit: now the sole domicile of politics at LuLa
« Reply #140 on: November 06, 2020, 09:38:25 am »

Trump: We're hearing stories that are horror stories. ... We think there is going to be a lot of litigation because we have so much evidence and so much proof.'

The right-wing Heritage Foundation, after examining 36 years of mail-in ballots, found only 1,285 cases of voter fraud - out of nearly two billion votes cast, a rate of .0000007 percent.  I'm told that's about the same probability as being hit by an asteroid.
After four years it should be evident that providing facts, science and data you are not going to convince the other side that Trump is once again lying. As for the so-called ”China virus”, critical thinkers simply need to examine the number of deaths versus population of both China and the United States to see which country is doing a better job protecting it's citizens. For one side in this argument, critical thinking facts, science and data are simply to be ignored and never Trump.
http://www.digitaldog.net/
Author "Color Management for Photographers".

Craig Lamson

• Craig Lamson Photo Homepage
« Reply #141 on: November 06, 2020, 09:43:29 am »

After four years it should be evident that providing facts, science and data you are not going to convince the other side that Trump is once again lying. As for the so-called ”China virus”, critical thinkers simply need to examine the number of deaths versus population of both China and the United States to see which country is doing a better job protecting it's citizens. For one side in this argument, critical thinking facts, science and data are simply to be ignored and never Trump.

Well we now know all we need to know about Andrew. Compare China to the US?  Critical thinking?  Not even close.
Craig Lamson Photo

faberryman

« Reply #142 on: November 06, 2020, 09:45:01 am »

The supposed test taker the Dems claim did it was not in the same grade as Trump and they did not meet until college.

Right. They obviously guessed the wrong person. :)

digitaldog

• Andrew Rodney
« Reply #143 on: November 06, 2020, 10:03:33 am »

Well we now know all we need to know about Andrew. Compare China to the US?  Critical thinking?  Not even close.
“Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.”
― Aldous Huxley
And you have ignored them. Again.

faberryman

« Reply #144 on: November 06, 2020, 10:04:29 am »

And amazingly Florida finished its count with minimal fuss and the vast majority did not take days and days.

The legislatures in Florida and many other states had the foresight to allow mail-in ballots to be counted before election day. Other state legislatures, with both Republican and Democratic majorities, had their heads up their asses. 

James Clark

« Reply #145 on: November 06, 2020, 10:10:34 am »

The legislatures in Florida and many other states had the foresight to allow mail-in ballots to be counted before election day. Other state legislatures, with both Republican and Democratic majorities, had their heads up their asses.

Yes, this is exactly why you saw many states with large Biden leads that then reversed as day-of counts came in.  You didn't see Biden's people screaming about "fraud" when Ohio flipped after a substantial early Biden lead, for example.  And it's not like this exact scenario wasn't talked about extensively.  Anyone paying attention *knew* that mail-in ballots were going to favor Biden, and day of was going o favor Trump.  There's no mystery, and no conspiracy here.

Paulo Bizarro

• http://www.paulobizarro.com
« Reply #146 on: November 06, 2020, 10:11:21 am »

We have never had an election quite like this in modern history with election laws being made seemingly on the fly by the courts and in many instances contrary to the election laws passed by the state legislatures.  Not to mention some states simply flooding their states with unrequested ballots.  Like it or not that IS an invitation to voter fraud.  It remains to be seen if it actually happened but finding it is really difficult.

I wonder what the state of the country would be if the tables were flipped right now?  There is a reason Americans cities boarded up their windows  prior to this election and it was not becase of Trump voters.  Heck Hillary was still claiming just a week or so ago that Trunp beat her by fraud.

Let me see if i understand correctly:

Step 1 - this election is a fraud, says Trump, before the election started.
Step 2 - I have won, says Trump, based on incomplete counting.
Step 3 - we have a lot of evidence they are stealing the win from us, says Trump, once he starts losing. No evidence is presented.

Next steps he will no doubt resort to courts in the hope of dragging the final declaration. He has every right to do so. What he has no right to do is to lie blatantly before, during and after the election, and inciting violence.

Biden is already ahead in Pensylvania.

faberryman

« Reply #147 on: November 06, 2020, 10:19:48 am »

As I have been following election coverage, I have noted that Team Trump is losing all of the litigation they have instituted so far, the exception being one suit in Pennsylvania where the judge allowed poll watchers to move from 10 feet to 6 feet from the vote counters to better observe the vote counters open the envelopes, remove and flatten the ballots, and insert the ballots in the counting machine. Have I missed something?

Craig Lamson

« Reply #148 on: November 06, 2020, 10:21:31 am »

“Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.”
― Aldous Huxley
And you have ignored them. Again.

No Andrew I have ignored nothing.  You want to compare a country who locked their residents into their apartments to a free country where citizens have rights. You want to call that "critical thinking"? LOL!
Craig Lamson Photo

Craig Lamson

« Reply #149 on: November 06, 2020, 10:22:13 am »

Yes they did.
Craig Lamson Photo

Craig Lamson

« Reply #150 on: November 06, 2020, 10:24:51 am »

As I have been following election coverage, I have noted that Team Trump is losing all of the litigation they have instituted so far, the exception being one suit in Pennsylvania where the judge allowed poll watchers to move from 10 feet to 6 feet from the vote counters to better observe the vote counters open the envelopes, remove and flatten the ballots, and insert the ballots in the counting machine. Have I missed something?

They lost that one too.  Nothing surprising given the local nature of the rulings. 

Here is an interesting article on how the "machine" may work.

‘American Hustle’: Party Insiders Tell The True Story Of How Philadelphia Elections Work

https://thefederalist.com/2020/11/06/american-hustle-party-insiders-tell-the-true-story-of-how-philadelphia-elections-work/
Craig Lamson Photo

Chris Kern

• Chris Kern's Eponymous Website
« Reply #151 on: November 06, 2020, 10:25:53 am »

Trump: We're hearing stories that are horror stories. ... We think there is going to be a lot of litigation because we have so much evidence and so much proof.'

At least seven television networks including ABC, CBS, NBC and MSNBC, cut away from Trump's White House address . . .

Which was a questionable call.  Was Trump lying about having evidence of fraud?  Either that or he is delusional: either—or both—would be consistent with his past behavior.  Were his claims baseless, irresponsible, and incendiary?  Sure, but what else is new?  Could they have emboldened some of his crazier supporters to engage in criminal behavior?  Maybe, but dealing with that is an issue for law enforcement, not journalists.  He is the presidential candidate of one of the two major U.S. political parties and the incumbent president.  When he has these televised public meltdowns, the public deserves to be exposed to them.  Hopefully, people will see them for what they are, but the proper role of the news media is to provide context and report factual inaccuracies, not to protect the public from witnessing angry outbursts by their elected officials.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2020, 10:48:54 am by Chris Kern »

Craig Lamson

« Reply #152 on: November 06, 2020, 10:29:27 am »

Let me see if i understand correctly:

Step 1 - this election is a fraud, says Trump, before the election started.
Step 2 - I have won, says Trump, based on incomplete counting.
Step 3 - we have a lot of evidence they are stealing the win from us, says Trump, once he starts losing. No evidence is presented.

Next steps he will no doubt resort to courts in the hope of dragging the final declaration. He has every right to do so. What he has no right to do is to lie blatantly before, during and after the election, and inciting violence.

Biden is already ahead in Pensylvania.

He has every right to say anything he wants to say in regards to this election.  This is America.  Last I looked he has not suggested anyone resort to violence.  If I'm wrong I'm sure you can show me why I'm wrong.
Craig Lamson Photo

digitaldog

• Andrew Rodney
« Reply #153 on: November 06, 2020, 10:34:14 am »

No Andrew I have ignored nothing.  You want to compare a country who locked their residents into their apartments to a free country where citizens have rights.
Yes! And the difference:
Population of China, 1.4 billion, less than 5K dead.
Or population of Canada: 38 million, deaths 10K.
Population of US 328 million, deaths, 235K

Same virus. Same humans. Different degree of leadership or lack thereof.
I'm not pointing out the facts to suggest you can change your mind or accept facts. It is impossible to puncture the unreality bubble surrounding a fact denier. We can only attempt to sway those with open minds. Open to facts, science and critical thinking. As you keep posting, you express a failure for all of that.  :P

Robert Roaldi

• Robert's Photos
« Reply #154 on: November 06, 2020, 10:38:49 am »

He has every right to say anything he wants to say in regards to this election.  This is America.  Last I looked he has not suggested anyone resort to violence.  If I'm wrong I'm sure you can show me why I'm wrong.

Does he have the right to yell "Fire!" in a crowded theatre?
--
Robert

digitaldog

• Andrew Rodney
« Reply #155 on: November 06, 2020, 10:39:40 am »

After actually setting it?  :D

Craig Lamson

« Reply #156 on: November 06, 2020, 10:41:09 am »

Read my post carefully.  "in regards to the election"

Craig Lamson Photo

Craig Lamson

« Reply #157 on: November 06, 2020, 10:48:06 am »

Yes! And the difference:
Population of China, 1.4 billion, less than 5K dead.
Or population of Canada: 38 million, deaths 10K.
Population of US 328 million, deaths, 235K

Same virus. Same humans. Different degree of leadership or lack thereof.
I'm not pointing out the facts to suggest you can change your mind or accept facts. It is impossible to puncture the unreality bubble surrounding a fact denier. We can only attempt to sway those with open minds. Open to facts, science and critical thinking. As you keep posting, you express a failure for all of that.  :P

So now, cornered, you try and move the goal posts. Why am I not suprised.

More examples of your "critical thinking" skills again Andrew?  Yes. a very different degree of leadership.  China has little to no respect for the rights of its citizens and literally locked then inside their apartments.  The US respects the constitutional rights of its citizens and they are defended by the courts.  Thats not a comparison you can make.

There is no "critical thinking" here Andrew.  Perhaps you might be better served by sticking to the viewing of color swatches.
Craig Lamson Photo

digitaldog

• Andrew Rodney
« Reply #158 on: November 06, 2020, 10:50:31 am »

Perhaps you might be better served by sticking to the viewing of color swatches.
The absurd is the last refuge of a pundit without an argument.Without absurdity, we would have no one to laugh at. Thank you for your contributions.

James Clark

« Reply #159 on: November 06, 2020, 10:50:46 am »

They lost that one too.  Nothing surprising given the local nature of the rulings. 

Here is an interesting article on how the "machine" may work.

‘American Hustle’: Party Insiders Tell The True Story Of How Philadelphia Elections Work

https://thefederalist.com/2020/11/06/american-hustle-party-insiders-tell-the-true-story-of-how-philadelphia-elections-work/

PA judge that told Trump's lawyers to GTFO was a Bush appointee, FWIW. 
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 808   Go Up