Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 808   Go Down

Author Topic: Bear Pit: now the sole domicile of politics at LuLa  (Read 466386 times)

digitaldog

• Andrew Rodney
    • http://www.digitaldog.net/
Re: Bear Pit: now the sole domicile of politics at LuLa
« Reply #120 on: November 05, 2020, 10:50:59 pm »

What you report is so off the charts it's insulting to batshit.  ;)
http://www.digitaldog.net/
Author "Color Management for Photographers".

James Clark

« Reply #121 on: November 05, 2020, 10:53:38 pm »

What you report is so off the charts it's insulting to batshit.  ;)

You’re right, of course.   Especially after bats have had such a bad year and all, what with COVID and stuff. 

digitaldog

• Andrew Rodney
    • http://www.digitaldog.net/
« Reply #122 on: November 05, 2020, 11:00:41 pm »

This is IMHO a good yet sad summary of what we heard today:

For the first time in modern American history an incumbent has insisted that the apparent results of a presidential election should be discounted. He has done so on the basis of inchoate feelings rather than the sort of hard evidence that would be admissible in any court. For all that, it is hard to escape the feeling that roughly half of the country agrees with him.
—Matthew Walther
http://www.digitaldog.net/
Author "Color Management for Photographers".

James Clark

« Reply #123 on: November 05, 2020, 11:13:54 pm »

Yeah :(.  To clarify my earlier comment before some yahoo chimes in, it’s correct that the Constitution gives state legislatures the power to decide how electors are chosen.  In PA as per their legislature it’s been the law since the 30s that electors are chosen by the people via the vote.  Only question is whether Levin is treasonous, or merely stupid.

That said, I don’t think half the country agrees. I even doubt anywhere near half of Trump supporters agree, but my concern is that the loud voices are pushing it...
« Last Edit: November 05, 2020, 11:17:54 pm by James Clark »

James Clark

« Reply #124 on: November 06, 2020, 12:06:19 am »

And Gingrich is on Hannity saying Barr should go arrest poll workers in PA.

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
« Reply #125 on: November 06, 2020, 04:30:55 am »

Sometimes, humor best describes the reality. Or, as the Russian saying goes: “In every joke, there is a bit of a joke.”

Paulo Bizarro

• http://www.paulobizarro.com
« Reply #126 on: November 06, 2020, 04:42:30 am »

Please explain to me how any of this is new?

It is new, from the perspective of the president lying without any shame during the presidential election process and vote counting process.

Itis new, from the perspective of several TVs, including Fox, interrupting the broadcast of such a sad performance.

Paulo Bizarro

« Reply #127 on: November 06, 2020, 04:48:35 am »

I have no idea what he will do, but I hope he goes out with dignity.

Dignity is a personality trait he never had. He will go away doing a Calimero number, pretending to be a victim of fraud.

Paulo Bizarro

« Reply #128 on: November 06, 2020, 04:50:20 am »

Again, you have no idea what evidence he has and nor do I.  I suspect once the counting is complete he will proceed.  Until then we wait and see.  Clearly you must have the ability wait and see what happens.

Well, Trump should have that ability too, right? Thus far, he keeps making bold statements, but zero evidence.

Paulo Bizarro

« Reply #129 on: November 06, 2020, 04:52:22 am »

I have seen what has happened as well and in my opinion it’s been an amazing 3.5 years   Take away the virus and we would not be having this conversation   Trump has every right to object and take legal action if he chooses.  You have a problem with this?  After all you side spent 3 years trying to undo an election. 

Why not just sit down, take a deep breath and see what happens as the final vote count and any legal action takes place.

You mean the Chinese virus?

JoeKitchen

« Reply #130 on: November 06, 2020, 07:01:50 am »

Out of the roughly 73,500,000 people who voted for Biden, exactly how many have you observed with severe depression?

The entirety of the central wing of the Dems. 

Dem caucus erupts as members say party's leftward drift hurt moderates in election

Biden may have won, but the Dems lost big time.  Any time you lose an election year ending in "0" it's bad since your opposing party will control the re-districting.  The Dems lost at least 8 seats in the house (something I did not think was going to happen) and many of the states. 

Minorities turned out in record for Trump, meaning the days of identity politics is over and great threatens Dems control.  Dems rely on minorities and blacks for power; the black vote has been consistently growing in support of Republicans since Romney ran. 
"Photography is one percent inspiration and ninety-nine percent

JoeKitchen

« Reply #131 on: November 06, 2020, 07:03:04 am »

I don't know how you would prove it, short of the hired test taker confessing, and even then Trump would just say the guy was lying. I don't know how you would disprove it at all. Maybe that's why you said discredit. I think someone guessed some guy took the test, and that guy denied it. Lying, not lying? Maybe they guessed wrong and it was someone else. Who knows? Who cares?

The supposed test taker the Dems claim did it was not in the same grade as Trump and they did not meet until college. 
"Photography is one percent inspiration and ninety-nine percent

Craig Lamson

• Craig Lamson Photo Homepage
« Reply #132 on: November 06, 2020, 08:46:27 am »

So here’s where we are. Conservative batshit radio guy Mark Levin is openly advocating for the PA legislature to disregard the state’s lawfully established method for selecting electors and submit a Trump-supporting slate instead, and Trump Jr is retweeting it. Meanwhile, without offering evidence, the Trumpiest people (think Cruz, Jim Jordan, Lindsey Graham) are going all in on this fraud thing and essentially calling the election illegitimate.  If this starts getting traction, we’ve got problems.

Now that Georgia is gone for Trump I believe that any PA gambit is worthless.  The election is over, except for the recounts which will happen I think and nothing will change.
Craig Lamson Photo

Craig Lamson

« Reply #133 on: November 06, 2020, 08:49:20 am »

And Gingrich is on Hannity saying Barr should go arrest poll workers in PA.

Election bosses in PA were worthless and the judges who made new election law were worthlessas well.  Some of the actions might be ciminal. 
Craig Lamson Photo

Craig Lamson

« Reply #134 on: November 06, 2020, 08:50:03 am »

Craig Lamson Photo

Craig Lamson

« Reply #135 on: November 06, 2020, 08:51:29 am »

Well, Trump should have that ability too, right? Thus far, he keeps making bold statements, but zero evidence.

If he has evidence he will produce it and files caases or not and this will end.  We wait and see. 
Craig Lamson Photo

Craig Lamson

« Reply #136 on: November 06, 2020, 08:58:34 am »

It is new, from the perspective of the president lying without any shame during the presidential election process and vote counting process.

Itis new, from the perspective of several TVs, including Fox, interrupting the broadcast of such a sad performance.

We have never had an election quite like this in modern history with election laws being made seemingly on the fly by the courts and in many instances contrary to the election laws passed by the state legislatures.  Not to mention some states simply flooding their states with unrequested ballots.  Like it or not that IS an invitation to voter fraud.  It remains to be seen if it actually happened but finding it is really difficult.

I wonder what the state of the country would be if the tables were flipped right now?  There is a reason Americans cities boarded up their windows  prior to this election and it was not becase of Trump voters.  Heck Hillary was still claiming just a week or so ago that Trunp beat her by fraud. 

Craig Lamson Photo

Manoli

« Reply #137 on: November 06, 2020, 09:01:44 am »

Trump: We're hearing stories that are horror stories. ... We think there is going to be a lot of litigation because we have so much evidence and so much proof.'

At least seven television networks including ABC, CBS, NBC and MSNBC, cut away from Trump's White House address Of his main complaints, that counting spilled over past Election Day, is meritless. No presidential election has had all the votes counted the same day, and there is no law or even expectation that that should be the case. The surge in mailed ballots and the high turnout have made the process slower than usual in some, but not all, cases.

The right-wing Heritage Foundation, after examining 36 years of mail-in ballots, found only 1,285 cases of voter fraud - out of nearly two billion votes cast, a rate of .0000007 percent.  I'm told that's about the same probability as being hit by an asteroid.

faberryman

« Reply #138 on: November 06, 2020, 09:18:08 am »

The entirety of the central wing of the Dems. 

Dem caucus erupts as members say party's leftward drift hurt moderates in election

From your link:

"Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee Chair Cheri Bustos, D-Ill., said she and others were "furious.""

I don't know how much you know about severe depression, but people who suffer from severe depression are mentally and physically incapable of being furious. A caucus of severely depressed individuals is incapable of erupting. The article describes people that are mad not sad.

The rest of your post is just noise. Don't read an article and just blurt out the first thought that pops into your head. Slow down and think before you post.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2020, 11:49:32 am by faberryman »

Craig Lamson

« Reply #139 on: November 06, 2020, 09:22:44 am »

Trump: We're hearing stories that are horror stories. ... We think there is going to be a lot of litigation because we have so much evidence and so much proof.'

At least seven television networks including ABC, CBS, NBC and MSNBC, cut away from Trump's White House address Of his main complaints, that counting spilled over past Election Day, is meritless. No presidential election has had all the votes counted the same day, and there is no law or even expectation that that should be the case. The surge in mailed ballots and the high turnout have made the process slower than usual in some, but not all, cases.

The right-wing Heritage Foundation, after examining 36 years of mail-in ballots, found only 1,285 cases of voter fraud - out of nearly two billion votes cast, a rate of .0000007 percent.  I'm told that's about the same probability as being hit by an asteroid.

And amazingly Florida finished its count with minimal fuss and the vast majority did not take days and days.  Did fraud take place this time around?  I'm sure some did and it will never be found.  We have video evidence of votes begin sold in Minnesota.  Postal employees saying they will provide handfuls of ballots etc.  Ballots and ballot  requests found in the trash, vote counting without party monitors. Lasws being made by judges instead of the legislature.  All of this is vote fraud, at least in my book.

Did this change the election?  Perhaps, but enough to change the result substantially?  That I dont know, and we may never know.  Sometimes people cheat. 

Craig Lamson Photo
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 808   Go Up