Pages: 1 ... 575 576 [577] 578 579 ... 807   Go Down

Author Topic: Bear Pit: now the sole domicile of politics at LuLa  (Read 464987 times)

James Clark

Robert Roaldi

• Robert's Photos
Re: Bear Pit: now the sole domicile of politics at LuLa
« Reply #11521 on: September 26, 2021, 11:08:13 am »

And if there weren't enough to worry about, turns out the Pentagon is not taking UFOs seriously enough, https://www.politico.com/news/2021/09/25/lawmaker-pentagon-ufo-514287.

All they need to do is plant some fake news on social media about how the Russians or Chinese militaries are taking UFOs seriously, that should do the trick. You don't want to be behind when it comes to UFOs.
--
Robert

Eric Myrvaagnes

• http://myrvaagnes.com
    • http://myrvaagnes.com
« Reply #11522 on: September 26, 2021, 04:22:24 pm »

Of course it's important to know if they are Proud Boys UFOs or Antifa UFOs.
-Eric Myrvaagnes (visit my website: http://myrvaagnes.com)

PeterAit

• Peter Aitken Photographs
« Reply #11523 on: September 26, 2021, 04:30:39 pm »

Turns out the Arizona vote wasn't rigged, https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/573894-the-memo-trumps-arizona-embarrassment-sharpens-questions-for-gop. Gosh.

And Biden's margin of victory increased by a few hundred votes. Even with the incompetent Republican hired audit firm. Hmm, must be Jewish space lasers involved here!!!

Chris Kern

• Chris Kern's Eponymous Website
« Reply #11524 on: September 26, 2021, 07:44:07 pm »

And Biden's margin of victory increased by a few hundred votes. Even with the incompetent Republican hired audit firm. Hmm, must be Jewish space lasers involved here!!!

Well, they must not be Orthodox Jewish space lasers or they would be shut down until the end of the month like B&H.  (I'm a firm proponent of religious freedom except when I'm in a hurry to order something.)

On the other hand, another theory originating on Fox News that is making the rounds on social media is that Bill Gates was actually the elitist ex machina behind the result of the Arizona vote recount.  A lot of people are saying that.  This should never happen in this country.  It's a disgrace.  Sad.

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #11525 on: September 27, 2021, 10:47:46 am »

I thought China was in better shape.   They have a lot of problems and bubbles worse than the US and many other countries.  They have a 270% debt to GDP ratio.  Of course,
 they have a lot of population that could help it grow into it and reduce that percentage.  They also have a huge property bubble.  Their ratio of income to housing cost is roughly 55 times in many cities.  That's equivalent to a US household making $50,000 is in debt and paying a mortgage for a home worth $2,750,000.  How do they pay for it?  I'm reminded about our housing property bubble that burst in 2008.  It was nothing as bad as that. 

Evergrande debt crisis shines light on China real estate bubble
As Xi pushes 'common prosperity', Beijing tries to avoid fueling an economic downturn

https://asia.nikkei.com/Business/Markets/Property/Evergrande-debt-crisis-shines-light-on-China-real-estate-bubble

PeterAit

• Peter Aitken Photographs
« Reply #11526 on: September 30, 2021, 05:16:05 pm »

I thought China was in better shape.   They have a lot of problems and bubbles worse than the US and many other countries.  They have a 270% debt to GDP ratio. 

I found this hard to believe so I checked and you are exactly right. So my question is--where is China borrowing money from?

TechTalk

« Reply #11527 on: September 30, 2021, 05:40:34 pm »

I found this hard to believe so I checked and you are exactly right. So my question is--where is China borrowing money from?

Evergrande Group is a heavily leveraged real estate developer based in China, but it isn't China anymore than Lehman Brothers was the United States. Then again, who would ever think of trusting a real estate developer?

https://www.cnn.com/2021/09/24/investing/china-evergrande-group-debt-explainer-intl-hnk/index.html

The debt figure cited is the total internal and external debt including private corporate and household debt in addition to government debts. Using that calculation, total global debt was expected to reach $277 trillion by the end of last year. Of course, debt needs to be weighed against assets. One of the assets that China holds is a good deal of U.S. debt issue. Welcome to the global economy.

https://www.reuters.com/us-global-debt/global-debt-to-hit-record-277-trillion-by-year-end-on-pandemic-spending-splurge
« Last Edit: September 30, 2021, 06:52:56 pm by TechTalk »
Respice, adspice, prospice - Look to the past, the present, the future

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #11528 on: September 30, 2021, 05:44:53 pm »

Don't know Peter.  Here's an article I found that describes it but I haven't read it yet.  I suppose they print a lot too.  Of course, China had been growing much faster than America.  So that money could be sopped up by growth.  In America, our people are fully productive for the most part.  China still has hundreds of millions who are still poor and less productive.  Those people could grow into and produce much greater goods and services to absorb that debt as the country grows faster than us. The problem is they have to keep the lid on things blowing up possibly before that happens.  I think we;re in worse shape because being fully productive and adding so much debt is putting us in a very bad position.  It could cause a bad recession possibly a depression added to a large inflation cost of living going up.  We could break the bank.  Frankly, the rest of the west is pretty much in the same mess.
https://www.scmp.com/economy/china-economy/article/3135883/china-debt-has-it-changed-2021-and-how-big-it-now

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #11529 on: September 30, 2021, 05:48:06 pm »

Evergrande Group is a heavily leveraged real estate developer based in China, but it isn't China anymore than Lehman Brothers was the United States. Then again, who would ever think of trusting a real estate developer?

https://www.cnn.com/2021/09/24/investing/china-evergrande-group-debt-explainer-intl-hnk/index.html

The debt figure cited is the total internal and external debt including private corporate and household debt in addition to government debts. Using that calculation, total global debt is expected to reach $277 trillion by the end of this year. Of course, debt needs to be weighed against assets. One of the assets that China holds is a good deal of U.S. debt issue. Welcome to the global economy.

https://www.reuters.com/us-global-debt/global-debt-to-hit-record-277-trillion-by-year-end-on-pandemic-spending-splurge
What's your prognosis now that you read the articles?

TechTalk

« Reply #11530 on: September 30, 2021, 06:18:18 pm »

That the modern global economy, where everything is interconnected, requires active government involvement and regulation to protect against wild economic swings due to things like excessive leveraging, insider corporate market manipulation or corruption, fraudulent behavior, and a host of other things that can damage trust, confidence, and economies. Trust and confidence in the global economic system along with continuous circulation of capital is the foundation and life blood of the entire system.

Government involvement can be excessive or too weak. Corporate business practices and activities can be healthy or unhealthy. Finding a balance is the never ending challenge.
Respice, adspice, prospice - Look to the past, the present, the future

Chris Kern

• Chris Kern's Eponymous Website
« Reply #11531 on: September 30, 2021, 08:01:54 pm »

Here's an article I found that describes it but I haven't read it yet.

Innovative way to do research.

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #11532 on: October 01, 2021, 12:44:51 am »

Innovative way to do research.
i wasn't doing the research. i provided a link so they could do what they seemed interested in researching.  you didn't need to attack me personally.  You understood why I provided the link. 

Robert Roaldi

• Robert's Photos
« Reply #11533 on: October 01, 2021, 07:09:15 am »

I don't have any good way to judge how accurate this report is, but the words "martial law" made me perk up my ears, https://www.huffpost.com/entry/trump-georgia-investigation_n_6154cee4e4b008640eafab33, but the claim is that Trump wanted to declare martial law and force new elections in those states he lost.

What was the thinking here. He had lost the states, so why force new elections? Did they intend to rig the votes?
--
Robert

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #11534 on: October 01, 2021, 09:03:46 am »

I don't have any good way to judge how accurate this report is, but the words "martial law" made me perk up my ears, https://www.huffpost.com/entry/trump-georgia-investigation_n_6154cee4e4b008640eafab33, but the claim is that Trump wanted to declare martial law and force new elections in those states he lost.

What was the thinking here. He had lost the states, so why force new elections? Did they intend to rig the votes?
Why repeat political rumors that you don't know if they're accurate being spread by Democrats for political reasons?  Trump's been gone for nine months. He didn't overthrow the government, never declared martial law, never bombed the Chinese, and left office when he was supposed to.

We should be discussing why Biden has an immigration mess on our southern border, has left Americans behind enemy lines in Afghanistan and has no good ways to watch terrorists there, an economy on the brink of another recession, out of control inflation, huge deficit spending that will require more printing by the Fed and more debt. Bringing up Trump is Democrats' way of deflecting criticism of the president for making disaster after disaster in just 9 months in office. 

Robert Roaldi

• Robert's Photos
« Reply #11535 on: October 01, 2021, 10:01:03 am »

Why repeat political rumors that you don't know if they're accurate being spread by Democrats for political reasons?  Trump's been gone for nine months. He didn't overthrow the government, never declared martial law, never bombed the Chinese, and left office when he was supposed to.

We should be discussing why Biden has an immigration mess on our southern border, has left Americans behind enemy lines in Afghanistan and has no good ways to watch terrorists there, an economy on the brink of another recession, out of control inflation, huge deficit spending that will require more printing by the Fed and more debt. Bringing up Trump is Democrats' way of deflecting criticism of the president for making disaster after disaster in just 9 months in office.

It was a news report, I made it available for people to see. I'm not trying to deflect anything. Are you saying it doesn't bother you that Trump may have tried to circumvent the constitution? That's extremely surprising coming from you, I thought you held the constitution in high regard.

As for "Biden"'s immigration mess, please spare me, the US has had an immigration mess for decades, it's not due to Biden and YOU KNOW IT. I'm not saying he's doing a good job, I have no idea and don't really care that much, but I'm sick of your partisan nonsense.

Biden didn't create the deficit either, your governments have been doing that for years.

What DO YOU think of Trump trying to jimmy the electoral college vote in that way? Do you think that was ok? My guess is that you would have found some excuse to justify it, for all your talk about freedom and democracy.

--
Robert

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #11536 on: October 01, 2021, 10:13:44 am »

It was a news report, I made it available for people to see. I'm not trying to deflect anything. Are you saying it doesn't bother you that Trump may have tried to circumvent the constitution? That's extremely surprising coming from you, I thought you held the constitution in high regard.

As for "Biden"'s immigration mess, please spare me, the US has had an immigration mess for decades, it's not due to Biden and YOU KNOW IT. I'm not saying he's doing a good job, I have no idea and don't really care that much, but I'm sick of your partisan nonsense.

Biden didn't create the deficit either, your governments have been doing that for years.

What DO YOU think of Trump trying to jimmy the electoral college vote in that way? Do you think that was ok? My guess is that you would have found some excuse to justify it, for all your talk about freedom and democracy.

You're positing a rumor you acknowledge may be false.  The facts are Trump didn't do those things you're accusing him of. His objections to the election results were fought legally in court just as Democrat VP  Gore fought in court in the 2000 presidential election.   The Democrats are just having these hearings to divert criticism of Biden's messes. 

By the way, it was Hillary Clinton who tried to jimmy the electoral college, not Trump.  She and her supporters were the ones who tried to get electors to change their Trump vote to her.

digitaldog

• Andrew Rodney
    • http://www.digitaldog.net/
« Reply #11537 on: October 01, 2021, 10:32:13 am »

i wasn't doing the research. i provided a link so they could do what they seemed interested in researching.  you didn't need to attack me personally.  You understood why I provided the link.
He didn't attack you. You attack yourself (again) and got caught in the attack.
http://www.digitaldog.net/
Author "Color Management for Photographers".

Peter McLennan

« Reply #11538 on: October 01, 2021, 10:54:15 am »

The Democrats are just having these hearings to divert criticism of Biden's messes. 

What hearings?  The January 6 hearings?

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #11539 on: October 01, 2021, 11:42:00 am »

He didn't attack you. You attack yourself (again) and got caught in the attack.
Oh.  You're back.
Pages: 1 ... 575 576 [577] 578 579 ... 807   Go Up