Pages: 1 ... 510 511 [512] 513 514 ... 808   Go Down

Author Topic: Bear Pit: now the sole domicile of politics at LuLa  (Read 471179 times)

MattBurt

• Looking for that other shot
    • Matt Burt Photography
Re: Bear Pit: now the sole domicile of politics at LuLa
« Reply #10220 on: April 27, 2021, 01:56:49 pm »

Is there a contradiction in wanting photo IDs for voting but not wanting your freedom restricted by having to wear masks during a pandemic?

Be interesting to find out how many of those 91% of Republicans in favour of voter photo IDs are against background checks for firearms purchases or licensing of firearms. Just sayin'.

Why is this a thing, given that no one credible thinks the recent elections were unfair?  Which brings up this article from the Atlantic, https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2021/04/gop-grave-threat-american-democracy/618693/, with the usual trigger alert.

If you repeat a lie enough times people will believe it. I think that's the current strategy.
-MattB

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #10221 on: April 27, 2021, 04:07:54 pm »

Is there a contradiction in wanting photo IDs for voting but not wanting your freedom restricted by having to wear masks during a pandemic?

Be interesting to find out how many of those 91% of Republicans in favour of voter photo IDs are against background checks for firearms purchases or licensing of firearms. Just sayin'.

Why is this a thing, given that no one credible thinks the recent elections were unfair?  Which brings up this article from the Atlantic, https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2021/04/gop-grave-threat-american-democracy/618693/, with the usual trigger alert.

the Atlantic is ultra liberal.   The poll I selected came from more neutral AP.  It was 56% for photo id's for Democrats and independents and 72% overall.   I saw a Fox poll ar 75%. What does that have anything to do with all the other stuff you mentioned?  Americans want reliable and secure elections,.  It's credible when tens of state legislatures are changing voting requirements.  How can you say they're not credible? NOTE: The Atlantic you referred to is ultra liberal and anti Republican, a biased media.

MattBurt

• Looking for that other shot
    • Matt Burt Photography
« Reply #10222 on: April 27, 2021, 04:14:21 pm »

the Atlantic is ultra liberal.   The poll I selected came from more neutral AP.  It was 56% for photo id's for Democrats and independents and 72% overall.   I saw a Fox poll ar 75%. What does that have anything to do with all the other stuff you mentioned?  Americans want reliable and secure elections,.  It's credible when tens of state legislatures are changing voting requirements.  How can you say they're not credible? NOTE: The Atlantic you referred to is ultra liberal and anti Republican, a biased media.

Would you call all the judges (some of whom were appointed by Trump) who threw out every single case for widespread election fraud liberal and biased too?
-MattB

PeterAit

• Peter Aitken Photographs
« Reply #10223 on: April 27, 2021, 04:24:36 pm »

the Atlantic is ultra liberal.   

Be serious. The Atlantic is rated as left-center and to call it ultra-liberal is just dumb.

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #10224 on: April 27, 2021, 06:55:48 pm »

Be serious. The Atlantic is rated as left-center and to call it ultra-liberal is just dumb.
The publisher of the Atlantic is ultra-liberal, hates Trump, and supports Democrats.  Peter: It's the New Yorker not the New Oklahoma City.  :)

James Clark

« Reply #10225 on: April 27, 2021, 09:29:48 pm »

The publisher of the Atlantic is ultra-liberal, hates Trump, and supports Democrats.  Peter: It's the New Yorker not the New Oklahoma City.  :)

The article in question is highlighting the opinion of Sarah Longwell of The Bulwark - assuredly NOT liberal.

James Clark

« Reply #10226 on: April 27, 2021, 09:38:37 pm »

Americans want reliable and secure elections,.  It's credible when tens of state legislatures are changing voting requirements.  How can you say they're not credible?

It's a self-fulfilling argument based on Donald Trump's lies.   Every Republican alive could believe that Joe Biden stole the election. That neither makes it true, nor warrants disenfranchising a single person to placate their stupid beliefs.

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #10227 on: April 27, 2021, 11:39:16 pm »

The article in question is highlighting the opinion of Sarah Longwell of The Bulwark - assuredly NOT liberal.
Any article headlined "The GOP Is a Grave Threat to American Democracy" IS liberal. Do your really think The New Yorker would say anything nice about Republicans? Using that author to make a liberal point is the same reason I select a CNN article to make a conservative one here.

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #10228 on: April 27, 2021, 11:42:56 pm »

It's a self-fulfilling argument based on Donald Trump's lies.   Every Republican alive could believe that Joe Biden stole the election. That neither makes it true, nor warrants disenfranchising a single person to placate their stupid beliefs.
72% of Americans  and 52% of Democrats want photo ID's.  are all these people racists?  Do all these people want to disenfranchise anyone? Couldn't it be they just want to assure fair and honest elections?

Robert Roaldi

• Robert's Photos
« Reply #10229 on: April 28, 2021, 07:17:35 am »

Any article headlined "The GOP Is a Grave Threat to American Democracy" IS liberal. ...

It is? Did you read the article?
--
Robert

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #10230 on: April 28, 2021, 09:48:33 am »

It is? Did you read the article?

I glanced at some of the writer's claims and saw it as another attack on Republicans from the democrat party-loving New Yorker.  After all, it was titled: "The GOP Is a Grave Threat to American Democracy" Big deal. It's the writer's opinion.  But not facts. 

If you don't like Republicans, you would be enamored with it.  It reminds me of how CNN has all these ex Republicans on their station talking down the Republican party to give credibility to CNN's political position.  MSNBC does it as well.   Well, that's what the New Yorker is doing.  Finding some RHINO to write an article denigrating Republicans.  As if real Republicans would read their bias.

Robert Roaldi

• Robert's Photos
« Reply #10231 on: April 28, 2021, 10:30:37 am »

I glanced at some of the writer's claims and saw it as another attack on Republicans from the democrat party-loving New Yorker.  After all, it was titled: "The GOP Is a Grave Threat to American Democracy" Big deal. It's the writer's opinion.  But not facts. 

If you don't like Republicans, you would be enamored with it.  It reminds me of how CNN has all these ex Republicans on their station talking down the Republican party to give credibility to CNN's political position.  MSNBC does it as well.   Well, that's what the New Yorker is doing.  Finding some RHINO to write an article denigrating Republicans.  As if real Republicans would read their bias.

It is normal not to have the time to read everything, I don't even have the time to read things that I am interested in. But making editorial comments without reading the content and basing your comments on pre-conceived views lacks credibility. If you've decided not to read anything that you don't agree with and so avoid The Atlantic, that's one thing. You're free to do that, but don't try to pass off that prejudice as anything else.

The article was about demented alt-right conspiracy nuts who have invaded the GOP. If you don't think that's a problem, that's ok, but don't dismiss just because you think it is a "liberal" view from a "liberal" publication. As others have stated, calling The Atlantic "liberal" is beyond weird, but then you've referred to Biden supporters as Marxists while simultaneously supporting tax subsidies for Amazon relocation.
--
Robert

PeterAit

« Reply #10232 on: April 28, 2021, 02:20:47 pm »

Any article headlined "The GOP Is a Grave Threat to American Democracy" IS liberal. Do your really think The New Yorker would say anything nice about Republicans? Using that author to make a liberal point is the same reason I select a CNN article to make a conservative one here.

One minute it's The Atlantic, next it's the New Yorker.

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #10233 on: April 28, 2021, 03:15:39 pm »

It is normal not to have the time to read everything, I don't even have the time to read things that I am interested in. But making editorial comments without reading the content and basing your comments on pre-conceived views lacks credibility. If you've decided not to read anything that you don't agree with and so avoid The Atlantic, that's one thing. You're free to do that, but don't try to pass off that prejudice as anything else.

The article was about demented alt-right conspiracy nuts who have invaded the GOP. If you don't think that's a problem, that's ok, but don't dismiss just because you think it is a "liberal" view from a "liberal" publication. As others have stated, calling The Atlantic "liberal" is beyond weird, but then you've referred to Biden supporters as Marxists while simultaneously supporting tax subsidies for Amazon relocation.
I said I glanced at the article.  I read some of the writer's points.  But it's just more anti-republican politicking.  So there are communists in the Democratic party.  Does that mean everyone in the party supports it.  There are only two parties in the US that mean anything.  So both parties attack crazies on all sides because they're too lazy to start their own dumb party.  75 million people voted for Trump.  Are they all wingnuts?  80+ million people voted for Biden.  Are they all wingnuts?  Hmmm. 

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #10234 on: April 28, 2021, 03:29:37 pm »

One minute it's The Atlantic, next it's the New Yorker.
You're right.  The Atlantic.  They're both pretty liberal.

PeterAit

« Reply #10235 on: April 28, 2021, 04:51:12 pm »

Well, I hate Trump and support Democrats, but I am hardly ultra-liberal. Remember we are judging the magazine and not the publisher.

And Alan, you have a very typical right-wing idea of what bias is. If the GOP is doing all sorts of dishonest, harmful, and anti-democratic things, then reporting those things is not bias, it is accuracy in reporting. Fairness in reporting does not mean an equal number of good and bad stories about each party.

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #10236 on: April 29, 2021, 02:40:27 pm »

For those who felt Trump's signing stimulus checks sent to the taxpayers was sleazy, I just got a letter from President Biden letting me know how hard he's working for me and how much stimulus money he deposited directly into my bank account.

What a guy!  :)

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #10237 on: April 29, 2021, 02:42:45 pm »

Biden also indirectly took credit for the money Trump gave as well as his payment.

LesPalenik

• advantica blog
« Reply #10238 on: April 29, 2021, 04:11:48 pm »

Biden also indirectly took credit for the money Trump gave as well as his payment.

I thought it was Bill Gates who gave his own money.

Robert Roaldi

• Robert's Photos
« Reply #10239 on: April 30, 2021, 07:53:18 am »

Fun cartoon diversion, https://dilbert.com/strip/2021-04-30.
--
Robert
Pages: 1 ... 510 511 [512] 513 514 ... 808   Go Up