Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down

Author Topic: Capture One 21 - coming to a computer near you soon...!  (Read 13268 times)

Ben Rubinstein

Re: Capture One 21 - coming to a computer near you soon...!
« Reply #80 on: December 02, 2020, 11:33:10 am »

Is it just me or is manufacturer specific version of C1 now only offered in non pro? If so that's a huge step backwards.

gazwas

« Reply #81 on: December 02, 2020, 01:36:44 pm »

Is it just me or is manufacturer specific version of C1 now only offered in non pro? If so that's a huge step backwards.

The "Pro" version delineates itself as being compataible with many manufacturers of camera so there has never been a Pro Sony/Nikon/Fuji version of Capture One so to speak as they are manufacturer specific.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2020, 01:41:54 pm by gazwas »
trying to think of something meaningful........ Err?

ronaldnztan

• Ronald N. Z. Tan Photography
« Reply #82 on: December 02, 2020, 01:37:40 pm »

Others who have experience using manufacturer-specific version of C1PRO should chime in. The way I understand FUJI, Nikon, or Sony specific version is that Capture One (C1) **only** works with the file format of said camera brand. In that context, it is not a step down or degradation. You will still be able to do everything you could in "Capture One Pro" (C1PRO), but now you are restricted to said files online from the camera brand.

Pavel

« Reply #83 on: December 02, 2020, 09:07:37 pm »

I've bought every version of C1 except one.  In fact I have two seats.  But the dinosaur that they are turning into worries me.  I want an iPad version, and I want HEIF support.  That is really simple as far as wants go, and fixing some of the lame functionality such as when I go to full screen it requires me to click to get my toolbar back every time would be nice - being sticky would be oh so logical, eh?

Until they get on the ball that iPhones are real imaging devices, I won't buy another version - ever. 

They have to raise prices imho because they are dropping the ball at every turn.  The dinosaurs lived for a long time, but there is a faint spec that looks like an asteroid if you look closely at the sky.  It's called computational photography and it can do things that no DSLR or Mirrorless can hope to ever do. Wake up Phase One - the world has shifted under your feet. 

Or Rest in Peace.

gazwas

« Reply #84 on: December 03, 2020, 05:50:19 am »

I want an iPad version, and I want HEIF support.

Let's hope so as version 21 seems to have very little fizz at present which is a big shame, made worst by the sour taste of Black Friday customers getting a better deal than loyal existing customers who upgraded early. Fingers crossed that's the big feature they will bring to version 21 early next year like they did in May this year with version 20. Considering to future of Mac is Apple silicon it would seem a given that there has to be an iPad version in the works too.
trying to think of something meaningful........ Err?

Rhossydd

• http://www.paulholman.com
« Reply #85 on: December 03, 2020, 06:20:28 am »

Fingers crossed that's the big feature they will bring to version 21
Big feature ? an iPad version ? really ?

Ben Rubinstein

« Reply #86 on: December 03, 2020, 02:29:49 pm »

Others who have experience using manufacturer-specific version of C1PRO should chime in. The way I understand FUJI, Nikon, or Sony specific version is that Capture One (C1) **only** works with the file format of said camera brand. In that context, it is not a step down or degradation. You will still be able to do everything you could in "Capture One Pro" (C1PRO), but now you are restricted to said files online from the camera brand.

There used to be a Sony Capture One and Sony Capture One Pro version as far as I remember. Pro features but locked to the manufacturer. I'm now only seeing the basic version offered.

Ferp

« Reply #87 on: December 04, 2020, 04:52:28 pm »

There used to be a Sony Capture One and Sony Capture One Pro version as far as I remember. Pro features but locked to the manufacturer. I'm now only seeing the basic version offered.

I thought the basic version for Sony was free, and you could opt to upgrade to the Pro version.  This was at a time when the only camera brand specific version was for Sony.  If my memory is correct, then as you say, that's not available any more.  The economics of the agreement no longer suited one party, perhaps both. 

Remko

« Reply #88 on: December 05, 2020, 07:54:26 am »

I thought the basic version for Sony was free, and you could opt to upgrade to the Pro version.  This was at a time when the only camera brand specific version was for Sony.  If my memory is correct, then as you say, that's not available any more.  The economics of the agreement no longer suited one party, perhaps both.

If memory serves me, the only difference between a brand specific, paid, version and CO Pro was (is?) that the latter supports all the camera models. So e.g. the Sony version offers the same functionality as the Pro version.

Only with the free CO version for Sony, Fuji etc is the functionality limited.

cheers,
Remko

ihv

• http://www.flickr.com/ihv
« Reply #89 on: April 16, 2021, 05:28:56 pm »

[Friday's night rant]

Is it me or it seems odd, the today's marketing?

What used to be the case:
1. one creates a product with exciting features
2. slaps price on it
3. (mostly) the market goes with it because of the effort and worthiness in terms of pricing/value (the appreciation of the added value on both sides)

What it seems to be now:
1. make a big fuss (by even not releasing any hint of the actual product)
2. release something
3. see if you can adjust the consequences with pricing

I, personally, am not voting with money for the second way of product "engineering".

[/Friday's night rant]
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up