Poll

Who do you think will be sworn in as President on Jan. 21?

Biden
- 14 (66.7%)
Trump
- 7 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Voting closed: November 02, 2020, 06:25:59 pm

Pages: 1 ... 133 134 [135] 136 137 ... 194   Go Down

Author Topic: US Elections 2020 (geopolitics, informed debate, no ad hominems)  (Read 110515 times)

Craig Lamson

• Craig Lamson Photo Homepage
Re: US Elections 2020 (geopolitics, informed debate, no ad hominems)
« Reply #2680 on: October 21, 2020, 05:58:20 pm »

Hunter Biden Quietly Takes Down ‘Meeting With My Dad’ Craigslist Ad

https://babylonbee.com/news/hunter-biden-quietly-takes-down-meeting-with-my-dad-craigslist-ad/?utm_content=bufferbd1bf&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer

WILMINGTON, DE—As the furor over Hunter Biden's alleged corruption raged this week, several observers noted that a mysterious Craigslist ad had quietly disappeared from the site. The listing, titled "Meeting with my Dad," offered 1 hour of uninterrupted access to Joe Biden for only $50,000. 

"A real shame," said Russian entrepreneur Dimitri Stratiskoklanikov. "Fifty thousand US dollar, pretty good deal. Now I must gain audience old fashioned way. It's real shame."

As of now it's unclear how many people responded to Hunter Biden's ad or how much money he made from arranging meetings. According to sources within the FBI, investigators suspect Hunter may be peddling influence more covertly this time around.

At the time of publishing, several witnesses claim they saw a hooded figure resembling Hunter Biden on a Wilmington street corner waving down passing cars.
Craig Lamson Photo

faberryman

« Reply #2681 on: October 21, 2020, 06:06:40 pm »

Hunter Biden Quietly Takes Down ‘Meeting With My Dad’ Craigslist Ad

https://babylonbee.com/news/hunter-biden-quietly-takes-down-meeting-with-my-dad-craigslist-ad/?utm_content=bufferbd1bf&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer

That little bit of satire from the Babylon Bee is more credible than some of the stuff I've read over on Breitbart. In fact, you kind of had me going there for a minute.

Jeremy Roussak

• Administrator
    • site
« Reply #2682 on: October 21, 2020, 06:24:14 pm »

Dunno. Seems like you were just gushing about a creepy old guy having a wank.

Unacceptable. You seem to enjoy teetering on the brink of suspension.

Jeremy

faberryman

« Reply #2683 on: October 21, 2020, 07:10:39 pm »

It is looking more and more like that article in the Guardian about Borat and Giuliani is true.

Rudy Giuliani caught in compromising position in new 'Borat' film

https://www.nbcnews.com/pop-culture/movies/rudy-giuliani-caught-compromising-position-new-borat-film-n1244187

I don't think I want to watch the movie now. I'll pass. Oh how the mighty have fallen. America's mayor. Whackadoodle.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2020, 07:14:08 am by faberryman »

Robert Roaldi

• Robert's Photos
« Reply #2684 on: October 21, 2020, 09:20:19 pm »

According to Pat Buchanan Robertson, all these discussions are moot because of the coming asteroid, https://www.huffingtonpost.ca/entry/pat-robertson-message-from-god-trump_n_5f8fb785c5b686eaaa0c5ca3?ri18n=true. You have to admire the tenacity of these guys and especially of their followers, who never lose faith despite endlessly making crazier and crazier incorrect predictions.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2020, 08:39:29 am by Robert Roaldi »
--
Robert

faberryman

« Reply #2685 on: October 21, 2020, 09:53:17 pm »

According to Pat Buchanan, all these discussions are moot because of the coming asteroid, https://www.huffingtonpost.ca/entry/pat-robertson-message-from-god-trump_n_5f8fb785c5b686eaaa0c5ca3?ri18n=true. You have to admire the tenacity of these guys and especially of their followers, who never lose faith despite endlessly making crazier and crazier incorrect predictions.

I think you are confusing Pat Buchanan with Pat Robertson. It is an easy mistake to make. Both make a lot of predictions that don’t come true.

As a result of the pandemic, millions of Americans are out of work, and Pat Robertson’s ministry is probably experiencing some cash flow problems. I know my minister hasn’t eaten in weeks. Robertson is probably hoping that his followers will open their hearts and wallets, so he will have the resources necessary to convince God to rethink His plan. It seems to me, just from the little I know, that Robertson has talked God out of some pretty ill-conceived plans before. I am going to send him the money in my Lent box. To be honest, because of the pandemic, I never got a chance to turn mine in, and I already spent a lot of it on candy. But every little bit helps I guess.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2020, 05:36:04 pm by faberryman »

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #2686 on: October 22, 2020, 01:01:16 am »

I agree. So what if Obama's DNI was a hack, not that I think he was. Isn't that whataboutism? A logical fallacy? The issue is whether Ratcliffe is a hack. Unless I am missing something.

This seems like the same argument about our COVID response, the one saying that there are other countries as bad as us.
It's not that they're both hacks.  It's that you cheered on your guy when he played politics.

faberryman

« Reply #2687 on: October 22, 2020, 07:22:54 am »

It's not that they're both hacks.

I agree. Only Ratcliffe is a hack.

It's that you cheered on your guy when he played politics.

What does that have to do with Ratcliffe being a hack?  The argument that since Clapper lied to Congress, and I cheered him on, Ratcliffe is not a hack, doesn’t make a whole lot of sense. It sounds like one of those arguments only you could come up with.

Not only that, but I didn’t know Clapper was lying. I didn’t even know he was testifying. Was it on TV? If I didn’t know it was happening, I couldn’t possibly have been cheering him on. That seems obvious. You tend to miss a lot of obvious stuff.

Let me ask you a question. Do you believe all the stuff the intelligence guys say in public hearings? Surely a guy like you couldn’t possibly be so naïve. I mean if they told about the secret stuff, it wouldn’t be secret any more. Not to put too fine a point on it, but that seems kind of obvious too.

Besides, being a liar and being a hack are two entirely different things.

I would like to point out one more thing. Obama didn’t pardon Clapper for lying to Congress. On the other hand, Trump did pardon Roger Stone for lying to Congress. So Obama is best.

Now you know why nobody knows what you are talking about.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2020, 09:43:30 am by faberryman »

Robert Roaldi

• Robert's Photos
« Reply #2688 on: October 22, 2020, 08:40:17 am »

I think you are confusing Pat Buchanan with Pat Robertson. It is an easy mistake to make. Both make a lot of predictions that don’t come true.

Oops, my mistake, which I've edited now. Too many names, too little working memory.
--
Robert

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #2689 on: October 22, 2020, 10:21:30 am »

I agree. Only Ratcliffe is a hack.

What does that have to do with Ratcliffe being a hack?  The argument that since Clapper lied to Congress, and I cheered him on, Ratcliffe is not a hack, doesn’t make a whole lot of sense. It sounds like one of those arguments only you could come up with.

Not only that, but I didn’t know Clapper was lying. I didn’t even know he was testifying. Was it on TV? If I didn’t know it was happening, I couldn’t possibly have been cheering him on. That seems obvious. You tend to miss a lot of obvious stuff.

Let me ask you a question. Do you believe all the stuff the intelligence guys say in public hearings? Surely a guy like you couldn’t possibly be so naïve. I mean if they told about the secret stuff, it wouldn’t be secret any more. Not to put too fine a point on it, but that seems kind of obvious too.

Besides, being a liar and being a hack are two entirely different things.

I would like to point out one more thing. Obama didn’t pardon Clapper for lying to Congress. On the other hand, Trump did pardon Roger Stone for lying to Congress. So Obama is best.

Now you know why nobody knows what you are talking about.
You're being a hypocrite.

JoeKitchen

« Reply #2690 on: October 22, 2020, 10:27:24 am »

Former US Lt. Tony Bobulinski, and Dem donor, who was a former business associate of Hunter Biden has now released a statement stating that Joe Biden often signed off on Hunter's business deals and was involved with a deal with the Chinese Government.  Also, both Hunter and Joe received money from the CCP through back door deals that he only found out about after the fact, and that they both lied to him about when confronted. 

Hunter Biden business partner calls email 'genuine,' says Hunter sought dad's advice on deals

This is not going away, and is only looking worse and worse for Biden. 

He's corrupt, and due to his conflict of interests with China, our leading rival, is not fit for office. 

FYI, Harris has also been listed in emails naming her a key contact for Hunter's business ventures. 

Harris, prominent Democrats listed as 'key contacts' for Biden family business venture projects

This reeks of Chicago style political corruption. 

Meanwhile ...

Dems Boycott ACB Confirmation to Floor For Vote

... even though a majority of Americans now want her appointed before the election. 
"Photography is one percent inspiration and ninety-nine percent

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #2691 on: October 22, 2020, 10:33:59 am »

If true, Biden's open to Chinese blackmail.

faberryman

« Reply #2692 on: October 22, 2020, 10:50:09 am »

You're being a hypocrite.

You might want to check your dictionary. I mean you didn't know the difference between liar and hack, so I really can't give you the benefit of the doubt knowing what hypocrite means.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2020, 11:09:35 am by faberryman »

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #2693 on: October 22, 2020, 11:17:14 am »

You might want to check your dictionary. I mean you didn't know the difference between liar and hack, so I really can't give you the benefit of the doubt knowing what hypocrite means.
Cheap shot. The point is you and the Democrats have double standards. You think it's perfectly fine when the police and secret services of government are used against people you don't like.  But then you cry "foul" when the other side appears to do the same thing.

faberryman

« Reply #2694 on: October 22, 2020, 12:12:44 pm »

Cheap shot. The point is you and the Democrats have double standards. You think it's perfectly fine when the police and secret services of government are used against people you don't like.  But then you cry "foul" when the other side appears to do the same thing.

You called me a hypocrite. Isn't it kind of hypocritical when you are righteously indignant when Democrats do this, that, and the other, when the Republicans do the same this, that, and the other too? At least that is pretty much what I think hypocrite means. I mean I looked it up and found this:

"hypocrisy: a pretense of having a virtuous character, moral or religious beliefs or principles, etc., that one does not really possess."

I am pretty sure Republicans are not saints. But maybe they are. Maybe Republicans are God, and Democrats are the fallen angel. It seems like you think so. But then you see everything as black and white. You know that's a logical fallacy, don't you? Most of your arguments are riddled with logical fallacies. That is why you are met with such pushback here.

I may have mentioned to you before that I am not a Democrat. I like some things Democrats think and do, but not others. I like some things Republicans think and do, but not others. I think a lot of people are the same way. At least that has been my experience. But apparently you have to stick people in one box or the other, because that is the only way you can deal with the complexity of the world. What a pity.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2020, 12:38:04 pm by faberryman »

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #2695 on: October 22, 2020, 12:32:13 pm »

You called me a hypocrite. Isn't it kind of hypocritical when you are righteously indignant when Democrats do this, that, and the other, when the Republicans do the same this, that, and the other too? At least that is pretty much what I think hypocrite means. I mean I looked it up and found this:

"hypocrisy: a pretense of having a virtuous character, moral or religious beliefs or principles, etc., that one does not really possess."

I am pretty sure Republicans are not saints. But maybe they are. Maybe Republicans are God, and Democrats are the fallen angel. It seems like you think so. But then you see everything as black and white. You know that's a logical fallacy, don't you?

I've already said in a previous posts that Republicans or Democrats using the police powers of the federal government to go after political opponents are wrong unless there is really some evidence that someone has broken federal law.  While Trump was officially gone after by Mueller and others, I'm not aware of any official government action going on against Biden.  It's mainly just a lot of accusations Trump is making during a political campaign which is fair game just like Trump is accused of using his office to enrich himself by the Democrats. 

John Camp

« Reply #2696 on: October 22, 2020, 12:52:51 pm »

I've already said in a previous posts that Republicans or Democrats using the police powers of the federal government to go after political opponents are wrong unless there is really some evidence that someone has broken federal law.  While Trump was officially gone after by Mueller and others, I'm not aware of any official government action going on against Biden.  It's mainly just a lot of accusations Trump is making during a political campaign which is fair game just like Trump is accused of using his office to enrich himself by the Democrats.

Maybe the government isn't investigating Biden because there isn't anything to investigate? On the other hand, Trump is using his office to enrich himself, as has been shown numerous times -- the hotel in Washington, the events at Bahia Mar, renting rooms at excessive prices to his Secret Service detail, etc. His entire criminal family also has hands in the pot.

Did Hunter Biden use his father's office to try to enrich himself? He likely did. He didn't get on the board of a Ukrainian company because of his business talents, and Biden has admitted as such and has said Hunter has made some bad decisions and has been involved with drugs. Biden's problem is that Hunter is an adult and can do what he wants. Just like Jimmy Carter's brother, Ronald Reagan's son and daughter, all of the Kennedy relatives who are still living off his presidency, the entire Bush family, Clinton's wife and daughter, etc. So then we get to Biden himself -- what has he done? We have people who *refer* to him, because that's all they've got. Wake me up when we see Biden's name on a contract. It amazes me that people like Joe Kitchen can believe that Biden is in deep trouble because of something his son did, but ignore that rampant criminality of the Trumps -- the tax evasion, the preferential treatment given his daughter's business efforts by China, the hidden loans that prop up his bankrupt companies, and all that. Anything that Hunter Biden did is trivial compared to that. And Hunter Biden isn't Joe.

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #2697 on: October 22, 2020, 01:23:11 pm »

Maybe the government isn't investigating Biden because there isn't anything to investigate? On the other hand, Trump is using his office to enrich himself, as has been shown numerous times -- the hotel in Washington, the events at Bahia Mar, renting rooms at excessive prices to his Secret Service detail, etc. His entire criminal family also has hands in the pot.

Did Hunter Biden use his father's office to try to enrich himself? He likely did. He didn't get on the board of a Ukrainian company because of his business talents, and Biden has admitted as such and has said Hunter has made some bad decisions and has been involved with drugs. Biden's problem is that Hunter is an adult and can do what he wants. Just like Jimmy Carter's brother, Ronald Reagan's son and daughter, all of the Kennedy relatives who are still living off his presidency, the entire Bush family, Clinton's wife and daughter, etc. So then we get to Biden himself -- what has he done? We have people who *refer* to him, because that's all they've got. Wake me up when we see Biden's name on a contract. It amazes me that people like Joe Kitchen can believe that Biden is in deep trouble because of something his son did, but ignore that rampant criminality of the Trumps -- the tax evasion, the preferential treatment given his daughter's business efforts by China, the hidden loans that prop up his bankrupt companies, and all that. Anything that Hunter Biden did is trivial compared to that. And Hunter Biden isn't Joe.
First off, all of Trump's hotels and properties were developed as a civilian before he became president.  Trump was a businessman who never was a government official until he became president. Just because some rajah rents a room when he comes to NYC at his hotel, does not mean he's selling his office.  That' just silly.  Secret Service costs at Trump Tower and Mara-lago are the same as all other president.  Bush had his ranch in Texas, Nixon hois in California, Obama went 6000 miles to Hawaii to golf, and Hillary her house in NY, etc. where they paid hundred of thousands for security cameras.  These are our presidents' residences where they go when not in Washington.  Congress has allocated the expenditures as being proper and required.  For you info, Congresswoman and Speaker Nancy Pelosi has her own government jet for buzzing around the country, a jet much larger than she needs.  OF course, Congress that she controls writes the check for it.

Second, the issue with the Biden is not that Hunter used his name to advance himself.  A lot of people do that.  It's that he went along on Air Force 2, the Vice President Biden's official government jet to meet officials in China and elsewhere using the symbol of his father's office to advance himself.  Obviously his father approved of that since he was on-board with him.  VP Biden and was in fact warned by the Obama administration that it doesn't look good.  But worse than that for Joe Biden was that he used his position of VP to get the Ukrainian prosecutor fired who was investigating Burisma, a corrupt corporation that was paying his son millions in fees just because he was the VP's son. 

That isn't trivial. 

Now there appears to be emails of some financial conspiracy with the Bidens.  Unless you think that some computer repair guy in NYC is a Russian spy, the emails revealed by him that were on Hunter Biden's computer seem to be authentic.

faberryman

« Reply #2698 on: October 22, 2020, 01:28:14 pm »

I'm not aware of any official government action going on against Biden.

I read on Breitbart and Fox that the FBI has had Hunter Biden's laptop for ten or so months. Presumably they are looking into something. But is possible they just put it in a drawer somewhere and forgot about it. Yet, presumably Ratclifffe has looked at all the stuff on it. Otherwise how do you explain his conclusion that the Hunter Biden story in not a part of Russia's disinformation campaign. Or maybe Ratcliffe is just lying because he is one of Trump's lackeys who doesn't have one iota of intelligence experience, you know, just a political hack.

faberryman

« Reply #2699 on: October 22, 2020, 01:40:49 pm »

Unless you think that some computer repair guy in NYC is a Russian spy, the emails revealed by him that were on Hunter Biden's computer seem to be authentic.
Well, anything is possible. I mean some of the stuff you believe about Trump is pretty incredible too. And gosh, what about Obama's birth certificate for heavens sake. I have been trying to keep up with the Hunter Biden story. So far I think Fox has verified one, of the thousands, of the emails that are supposed to be on Hunter's Biden's laptop, by an anonymous source. I mean most of the time you are apoplectic when the press uses an anonymous source to describe something Trump did or said, but here you seem to think it is okay. The problem is no one has seen Hunter's laptop, or any (supposedly except one) of the thousands of emails, photos, and videos that are supposed to be on it. I mean not even Alex Jones at Infowars has said he has seen the stuff. Yet your super-sleuth mind has figured the whole conspiracy out.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2020, 01:46:11 pm by faberryman »
Pages: 1 ... 133 134 [135] 136 137 ... 194   Go Up