Poll

Who do you think will be sworn in as President on Jan. 21?

Biden
- 14 (66.7%)
Trump
- 7 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Voting closed: November 02, 2020, 06:25:59 pm


Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 194   Go Down

Author Topic: US Elections 2020 (geopolitics, informed debate, no ad hominems)  (Read 259857 times)

faberryman

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 4851
Re: US Elections 2020 (geopolitics, informed debate, no ad hominems)
« Reply #1220 on: August 28, 2020, 02:57:09 pm »

In any case, I can't believe you're defending Biden's stealing other's intellectual thoughts and product to pass law school and plagiarize speeches of others to become president.

Please point to where I have defended Biden's plagiarism.

Now, in addition to using logical fallacies in your argumentation, you are  just making stuff up.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2020, 03:09:09 pm by faberryman »
Logged

Craig Lamson

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3264
    • Craig Lamson Photo Homepage
Re: US Elections 2020 (geopolitics, informed debate, no ad hominems)
« Reply #1221 on: August 28, 2020, 02:59:44 pm »

It is still whataboutism. It is a logical fallacy in argumentation. We were discussing Trump cheating at golf. Instead of addressing the issue, you tried to change the subject to avoid responding. I can readily understand your motive. Cheating at golf is indefensible. Doesn't make it any less a logical fallacy.

By the way, when did plagiarizing become "illegal"? Perhaps you can point me to the appropriate criminal statute.

Really?  Golf is a game and unless its a sanctioned competition its a personal thing.  But just to  be clear here, the context is character and that value in a President?  Correct?
Logged
Craig Lamson Photo

Alan Klein

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 15850
    • Flicker photos
Re: US Elections 2020 (geopolitics, informed debate, no ad hominems)
« Reply #1222 on: August 28, 2020, 03:28:36 pm »

Please point to where I have defended Biden's plagiarism.

Now, in addition to using logical fallacies in your argumentation, you are  just making stuff up.
Well, I'm glad you don't defend Biden's plagiarism.  The fact is both men are flawed as was Hillary when she ran.  So other criteria will have to be used when it comes time to vote. 

faberryman

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 4851
Re: US Elections 2020 (geopolitics, informed debate, no ad hominems)
« Reply #1223 on: August 28, 2020, 03:30:28 pm »

Well, I'm glad you don't defend Biden's plagiarism.

Then why did you accuse me of doing so?

The fact is both men are flawed as was Hillary when she ran.  So other criteria will have to be used when it comes time to vote.

I don't think acknowledging the fact that Trump cheats at golf or Biden has plagiarized in the past eliminates character as an issue.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2020, 03:34:52 pm by faberryman »
Logged

Alan Klein

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 15850
    • Flicker photos
Re: US Elections 2020 (geopolitics, informed debate, no ad hominems)
« Reply #1224 on: August 28, 2020, 03:39:39 pm »

Then why did you accuse me of doing so?
Because you said, "By the way, when did plagiarizing become "illegal"? Perhaps you can point me to the appropriate criminal statute."  That sounds like you were excusing Biden's plagiarism.  You never mentioned the moral or ethical lapse.  But you say that wasn't your intent; that I misinterpreted your words.  Well, then, I'd give you the benefit of the doubt.  I'll let others make their judgment. 

Alan Klein

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 15850
    • Flicker photos
Re: US Elections 2020 (geopolitics, informed debate, no ad hominems)
« Reply #1225 on: August 28, 2020, 03:46:21 pm »

...

I don't think acknowledging the fact that Trump cheats at golf or Biden has plagiarized in the past eliminates character as an issue.
Well, we understand the Democrats and Biden want to make it the only issue.  That's all he's got to run on.  And the media will hide Biden;s flaws and dishonesty to the bitter end because they are biased.  They want him to win.  Hopefully, voters will understand what's going on here and the public will assess both candidates on their ability to protect America, keep us  from becoming a Socialist state, and get things done. 

Alan Klein

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 15850
    • Flicker photos
Re: US Elections 2020 (geopolitics, informed debate, no ad hominems)
« Reply #1226 on: August 28, 2020, 03:54:09 pm »

Trying to influence the black vote.

Alice Johnson, pardoned by Trump, was put away for life under Biden-sponsored bill
https://nypost.com/2020/08/27/ex-con-pardoned-by-trump-was-put-away-by-bidens-crime-bill/

faberryman

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 4851
Re: US Elections 2020 (geopolitics, informed debate, no ad hominems)
« Reply #1227 on: August 28, 2020, 03:55:02 pm »

Well, we understand the Democrats and Biden want to make it the only issue.   That's all he's got to run on.  And the media will hide Biden;s flaws and dishonesty to the bitter end because they are biased.  They want him to win.  Hopefully, voters will understand what's going on here and the public will assess both candidates on their ability to protect America, keep us  from becoming a Socialist state, and get things done.

The Democrats and Biden want to make Trump cheating at golf the only issue in the campaign? I didn't watch the DNC, but I haven't seen any mention of that in the news recently. I think they have more than that to run on. As far as hiding Biden's plagiarism, all you need to do it google that and you get hundreds of stories, so trying to hide it isn't going to be very successful. I didn't watch the RNC (except for about 15 seconds of Kimberly what's her name yelling) either. Did any of the speakers bring up Biden's plagiarism?

By the way, who is the "we" in "Well, we understand..."
« Last Edit: August 28, 2020, 04:09:41 pm by faberryman »
Logged

Alan Klein

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 15850
    • Flicker photos
Re: US Elections 2020 (geopolitics, informed debate, no ad hominems)
« Reply #1229 on: August 28, 2020, 04:11:14 pm »

The Democrats and Biden want to make Trump cheating at golf the only issue in the campaign? I didn't watch the DNC, but I haven't seen any mention of that in the news recently. I think they have more than that to run on. As far as hiding Biden's plagiarism, all you need to do it google that and you get hundreds of stories, so trying to hide it isn't going to be very successful. I didn't watch the RNC (except for about 15 seconds of Kimberly what's her name yelling) either. Did any of the speakers bring up Biden's plagiarism?
I didn't watch either the DNC or the RNC.  Too boring. Most people don't have time or inclination to Google Biden's plagiarism.  I doubt if many know about it or care.  They're busy trying to feed their families. 

faberryman

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 4851
Re: US Elections 2020 (geopolitics, informed debate, no ad hominems)
« Reply #1230 on: August 28, 2020, 04:15:40 pm »

Yes.

https://www.politifact.com/article/2016/jul/19/comparing-melania-trump-michelle-obama-convention-/

Well, not quite word for word. I really don't care about Melania's plagiarism though. I'm sure she is doing the best she can.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2020, 04:40:19 pm by faberryman »
Logged

Alan Klein

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 15850
    • Flicker photos
Re: US Elections 2020 (geopolitics, informed debate, no ad hominems)
« Reply #1231 on: August 28, 2020, 04:16:08 pm »

...

By the way, who is the "we" in "Well, we understand..."
We Trump supporters...

Alan Klein

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 15850
    • Flicker photos
Re: US Elections 2020 (geopolitics, informed debate, no ad hominems)
« Reply #1232 on: August 28, 2020, 04:17:17 pm »

Well, not quite word for word. I really don't care about Melania's plagiarism though.
Who watched what she said?  :)

faberryman

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 4851
Re: US Elections 2020 (geopolitics, informed debate, no ad hominems)
« Reply #1233 on: August 28, 2020, 04:17:19 pm »

I didn't watch either the DNC or the RNC.  Too boring. Most people don't have time or inclination to Google Biden's plagiarism.  I doubt if many know about it or care.  They're busy trying to feed their families.

Then whom are Biden and the Democrats trying to hide it from?
Logged

Alan Klein

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 15850
    • Flicker photos
Re: US Elections 2020 (geopolitics, informed debate, no ad hominems)
« Reply #1234 on: August 28, 2020, 04:20:45 pm »

Then whom are Biden and the Democrats trying to hide it from?
Well it's hard to highlight Trump's lack of scruples when your own candidate suffers from the same malady. 

faberryman

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 4851
Re: US Elections 2020 (geopolitics, informed debate, no ad hominems)
« Reply #1235 on: August 28, 2020, 04:26:09 pm »

Well it's hard to highlight Trump's lack of scruples when your own candidate suffers from the same malady.

That really doesn't answer my question.
Logged

faberryman

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 4851
Re: US Elections 2020 (geopolitics, informed debate, no ad hominems)
« Reply #1236 on: August 28, 2020, 04:35:30 pm »

Because you said, "By the way, when did plagiarizing become "illegal"? Perhaps you can point me to the appropriate criminal statute."  That sounds like you were excusing Biden's plagiarism.  You never mentioned the moral or ethical lapse.  But you say that wasn't your intent; that I misinterpreted your words.  Well, then, I'd give you the benefit of the doubt.  I'll let others make their judgment.

Nope. You said Biden's plagiarism was "illegal". I asked you where you came up with the idea that plagiarism was "illegal", and to point to some evidence to support it. The rest you just read into my question of your own accord.

« Last Edit: August 28, 2020, 04:49:14 pm by faberryman »
Logged

jeremyrh

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 2514
Re: US Elections 2020 (geopolitics, informed debate, no ad hominems)
« Reply #1237 on: August 28, 2020, 04:35:58 pm »

I think for once we can agree with Ivanka Trump - "his record speaks for itself".
Logged

faberryman

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 4851
Re: US Elections 2020 (geopolitics, informed debate, no ad hominems)
« Reply #1238 on: August 28, 2020, 04:53:28 pm »

I think for once we can agree with Ivanka Trump - "his record speaks for itself".

Barron was the lucky one. He got out of having to give a testimonial. It is a terrible idea to have your spouse and kids make testimonials at party conventions. Does any candidate really expect what your spouse and kids have to say will sway any voters? Can't you just parade them all out on stage and hold hands after you have made your acceptance speech? I figure the only reason to do it is that you have too many time slots and can't gin up enough other supporters. Biden did it too so I am not singling out Trump.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2020, 05:08:24 pm by faberryman »
Logged

Alan Klein

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 15850
    • Flicker photos
Re: US Elections 2020 (geopolitics, informed debate, no ad hominems)
« Reply #1239 on: August 28, 2020, 05:08:08 pm »

Nope. You said Biden's plagiarism was "illegal". I asked you where you came up with the idea that plagiarism was "illegal", and to point to some evidence to support it. The rest you just read into my question of your own accord.


You're playing word games like the media. Biden plagiarized two presidents, two other politicians and cheated in law college by plagiarizing someone else's work.  People who live in glass houses, shouldn't throw stones. 
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 194   Go Up