Poll

Who do you think will be sworn in as President on Jan. 21?

Biden
- 14 (66.7%)
Trump
- 7 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Voting closed: November 02, 2020, 06:25:59 pm

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 194   Go Down

Author Topic: US Elections 2020 (geopolitics, informed debate, no ad hominems)  (Read 110599 times)

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
Re: US Elections 2020 (geopolitics, informed debate, no ad hominems)
« Reply #460 on: August 10, 2020, 09:47:48 pm »

Unfortunately they can't tell when they are being lied to. Yep...hook, line and sinker.
Did you believe Hillary regarding email servers and confidential emails and that she only deleted private email of her mother-in-laws recipes?  Did you believe her about Benghazi?  Do you believe Joe Biden that his getting the prosecutor investigating his son's corporation in the Ukraine [fired=edit]was just the VP protecting America and not helping his son? 
Yep...hook, line and sinker.

hogloff

Re: US Elections 2020 (geopolitics, informed debate, no ad hominem
« Reply #461 on: August 10, 2020, 10:09:29 pm »

Did you believe Hillary regarding email servers and confidential emails and that she only deleted private email of her mother-in-laws recipes?  Did you believe her about Benghazi?  Do you believe Joe Biden that his getting the prosecutor investigating his son's corporation in the Ukraine [fired=edit]was just the VP protecting America and not helping his son? 

Hilary is old news...let it go. Biden...never followed it. Now Trump...rampant liar...and was proven many times. Yet Alan you believe in him...even when he lies right to you. Why? If someone constantly lied to me...I'd say syanara...yet you follow him like a lost puppy dog.

Craig Lamson

• Craig Lamson Photo Homepage
Re: US Elections 2020 (geopolitics, informed debate, no ad hominems),
« Reply #462 on: August 10, 2020, 10:11:09 pm »

Yep...quack...quack...quack.

Just blindly take whatever comes out of Trump's mouth as gospel. The herder leading the sheep.

Exactly how would you know that?  Oh yea the answer is you don't.  You are clueless.
Craig Lamson Photo

Craig Lamson

• Craig Lamson Photo Homepage
« Reply #463 on: August 10, 2020, 10:12:42 pm »

Gotta love it.  There are few as gullible as those who believe the bullshit Trump spews.

Or those who blindly believe the MSN when they are in fake news attack mode.  Does the shoe fit Peter?
Craig Lamson Photo

jeremyrh

« Reply #464 on: August 11, 2020, 02:48:34 am »

Why lie about a plan that was created in 2014 before he became president? 
Why indeed. Why does he?  Maybe it’s just his constant obsession with Obama, another attempt to hide his inadequacy with respect to his predecessor.
Your whole point makes no sense.
Something makes no sense that’s for sure.

faberryman

« Reply #465 on: August 11, 2020, 10:28:02 am »

We’ve gone round and round and Alan still hasn’t explained why Trump is lying about Veterans Choice.

Alan, can you answer a simple straight forward question?

jeremyrh

« Reply #466 on: August 11, 2020, 10:46:43 am »

I don't know what your standard of proof is for news stories like this. I can easily see you not believing anything in the news. There is only so much time in the day to check, cross-check, corroborate, and confirm using multiple trusted sources that were actual eye witnesses. I'd never get out of the driveway in the morning.

Most of us have developed simple rules of thumb to address the problem of being buried under an avalanche of information. NYT - probably accurate; CNN - maybe accurate; Fox - almost certainly false. Likewise on the forum - Bart - most likely true; Slobodan - likely true but with a suspect interpretation, Alan - almost certainly incorrect, Craig - zero content.

Of course there are deviations from the rules, and you need to spot check from time to time, but it's a pretty good initial guess.

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #467 on: August 11, 2020, 10:51:11 am »

We’ve gone round and round and Alan still hasn’t explained why Trump is lying about Veterans Choice.

Alan, can you answer a simple straight forward question?
I don't know anything about Veterans Choice or what Trump said about it ever except what I posted above. I haven't followed the story. In the current news conference when he was asked about it, he didn't answer so how could he have lied?

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #468 on: August 11, 2020, 10:56:06 am »

Most of us have developed simple rules of thumb to address the problem of being buried under an avalanche of information. NYT - probably accurate; CNN - maybe accurate; Fox - almost certainly false. Likewise on the forum - Bart - most likely true; Slobodan - likely true but with a suspect interpretation, Alan - almost certainly incorrect, Craig - zero content.

Of course there are deviations from the rules, and you need to spot check from time to time, but it's a pretty good initial guess.
We've got you figured out pretty well.  Zero content.

Peter McLennan

« Reply #469 on: August 11, 2020, 10:58:09 am »

Or those who blindly believe the MSN when they are in fake news attack mode.  Does the shoe fit Peter?

My shoes fit perfectly, thanks.

When a huge majority of global media transmit the same information, I tend to believe it.
When a tiny subset of the world's media transmits the opposite information, I tend to discount it.

Simple as that.  Just like buying the correct shoe size.

Peter McLennan

Re: US Elections 2020 (geopolitics, informed debate, no ad hominems),
« Reply #470 on: August 11, 2020, 10:59:07 am »

Exactly how would you know that?  Oh yea the answer is you don't.  You are clueless.

I thought this thread's title included the admonition "no ad hominems".

jeremyrh

« Reply #471 on: August 11, 2020, 10:59:24 am »

I don't know anything about Veterans Choice or what Trump said about it ever except what I posted above. I haven't followed the story. In the current news conference when he was asked about it, he didn't answer so how could he have lied?

You mean you missed the 150 occasions when he lied about it?  Talk about "selective memory"!!

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #472 on: August 11, 2020, 11:08:13 am »

You mean you missed the 150 occasions when he lied about it?  Talk about "selective memory"!!
He should have walked out 150 times.  :)

jeremyrh

« Reply #473 on: August 11, 2020, 11:19:28 am »

I don't know anything about Veterans Choice or what Trump said about it ever except what I posted above.

Here you go - just the first 30 seconds will do:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZMAeKNevSjE

faberryman

« Reply #474 on: August 11, 2020, 11:26:36 am »

He should have walked out 150 times.  :)

He was too busy lying about it to walk out. How do you think he got to 150?

jeremyrh

« Reply #475 on: August 11, 2020, 11:32:11 am »

He was too busy lying about it to walk out. How do you think he got to 150?

Don't underestimate the effort needed to walk out - those clown shoes don't move themselves !

Chris Kern

• Chris Kern's Eponymous Website
« Reply #476 on: August 11, 2020, 11:37:37 am »

Most of us have developed simple rules of thumb to address the problem of being buried under an avalanche of information. . . . Likewise on the forum . . . [emphasis supplied]

Nothing inappropriate about debating the credibility of various news media, but I fail to see how the second part of this post could remotely be considered a useful contribution to the discussion of the U.S. elections.

faberryman

« Reply #477 on: August 11, 2020, 11:46:07 am »

I ask why Trump is lying about Veterans Choice and this is what we get:

1. What about Hillary’s emails?
2. What about Benghazi?
3. What about Hunter Biden?

You certainly get the impression they are evading answering the question.

« Last Edit: August 11, 2020, 11:58:41 am by faberryman »

jeremyrh

« Reply #478 on: August 11, 2020, 11:53:52 am »

Nothing inappropriate about debating the credibility of various news media, but I fail to see how the second part of this post could remotely be considered a useful contribution to the discussion of the U.S. elections.

Simple - it is just an illustration of the use of heuristics using a close-to-home example for clarity. 

faberryman

« Reply #479 on: August 11, 2020, 12:10:25 pm »

You have put up a pretty vigorous defense of Trump for not having any idea what we are talking about.

In this latest news conference, which you’ve admitted you didn’t watch, instead of lying about Veterans Choice for the 151st time, Trump just walked out when asked why he had lied about it 150 times before.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2020, 12:30:32 pm by faberryman »
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 194   Go Up