You keep bringing up economic costs. Fair enough, they are real enough and need to be kept in mind. But if no measures were taken and the virus made billions sick at the same time, resulting in millions directly dead with much collateral death, that would also have a major economic impact. I'm just saying that we shouldn't pretend that it's one OR the other.
I'm taking this very seriously. I'm 75 and have medical issues that put me in the target. I haven;t been out of my house in 3-4 days except to go to the mailbox and and put the garbage cans out by the curb. I've been walking around the house disinfecting things, driving the missus crazy she's not being antiseptic enough. We ain't talking now.

Economically, I'm OK. WE both are on SS and get pensions from the government. I'm actually spending less than I ordinarily do since we aren;t going out for entertainment and restaurants.
But the economic issue is very great. I know people who are now out of work with no income except unemployment checks. They're really scared how they're going to make it having car bills, rent and mortgages, etc. I have to finish dental work I'm in the middle of. But that won't happen. I was suppose to see my endocrinologist for a diabetes exam. That also was cancelled. My dentist closed his office until May 4, at least. I live in a 55+ community where everyone's old. They need to see doctors for regular things, cancer follow ups, etc. That isn't happening it seems. Like war when civilians get killed often more than combatants, what are the casualties of the whole population. So the economic issues are great as well as they reflect the things that are not getting taken care of like medical checkups and having money to buy food. Sure, we can live with this for a short time, but how long? Will there be a recovery if it goes on too long? Maybe I'm ahead of the thinking. But I don't think it will be too long before everyone starts to think seriously about the contingent problems.
The loss of wealth of a country is more than just having money for buying nice cars and going on vacations. The country's wealth provides for other health services and requirement humans need beyond Play things. If the economies of the world are damaged, then there will be other damages that could hurt people more. The cure could wind up being worse than the disease.