Pages: 1 ... 154 155 [156] 157 158 ... 196   Go Down

Author Topic: Impeaching Donald Trump  (Read 136433 times)

PeterAit

• Peter Aitken Photographs
Re: Impeaching Donald Trump
« Reply #3100 on: January 16, 2020, 04:53:46 pm »

Will Republicans admit that Trump did what he did purely for selfish  reasons?   Never.

Will Democrats admit that what Biden did  justified what Trump did?  Not in your lifetime.

The hypocrisy is vomit inducing. 

Be serious. What Trump is accused of doing, huge piles of legitimate evidence including transcripts and testimony under oath from many people who have no political axe to grind, such as carrer diplomats, and some of whom are Republicans. What Biden is accused of doing--zero legitimate evidence.

Rob C

« Reply #3101 on: January 16, 2020, 05:12:08 pm »

Be serious. What Trump is accused of doing, huge piles of legitimate evidence including transcripts and testimony under oath from many people who have no political axe to grind, such as carrer diplomats, and some of whom are Republicans. What Biden is accused of doing--zero legitimate evidence.

None of thst will make the slightest difference.

Party or death.

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
« Reply #3102 on: January 16, 2020, 05:15:06 pm »

Be serious. What Trump is accused of doing, huge piles of legitimate evidence including transcripts and testimony under oath..

All hearsay. It is like me testifying under oath that I read/heard others saying Trump did something bad.

Slobodan Blagojevic

• My website
« Reply #3103 on: January 16, 2020, 05:18:58 pm »

Giuliani associate says Trump knew exactly what was going on...

Another idiotic headline. Another nobody hearing what someone else said or thought he said. And "what is going on" exactly? The Nobody did not say what was going on, but that he thinks Trump knew. Knew what? What was going on depends on who you ask. Commies would say impeachable treason, bribery, abuse of power, quid pro quo, or whatever is the flavor of the day. Reasonable people would say nothing out of ordinary was going on.

James Clark

« Reply #3104 on: January 16, 2020, 05:59:02 pm »

Another idiotic headline. Another nobody hearing what someone else said or thought he said. And "what is going on" exactly? The Nobody did not say what was going on, but that he thinks Trump knew. Knew what? What was going on depends on who you ask. Commies would say impeachable treason, bribery, abuse of power, quid pro quo, or whatever is the flavor of the day. Reasonable people would say nothing out of ordinary was going on.

It's so odd that all of the people wiling to testify under oath come to the same unreasonable conclusion, and that all the people that might say otherwise won't testify to that effect.   :-X   Can't figure what to make of that.     

JoeKitchen

« Reply #3105 on: January 16, 2020, 06:12:49 pm »

At the end of the day, all of this stuff is already baked into the cake with public opinion.  What happens here on out with Trump is not going to matter unless some crazy bombshell comes along. 

What is more important is watching the implosion of the Democratic party, at least with regards to the primary.  Man, talk about seriously weak candidates, and now Warren, along with CNN, decides to send the Dems down the path they went in 2016.  Namely pissing off the Bernie bros so much that they may just sit out the election or vote for Trump.  And if you think Biden really has the capacity to bet Trump, ask yourself this, have you ever met a Biden fan?  I've met Trump fans, Bernie fans, Warren fans, even Buttigieg fans, but I have never actually met a Biden fan.  I've met people who say we must vote for Biden since he is the only one who can, supposedly, beat Trump, but none of them rise to fan level.  Not to mention his debate performance are just horrible; can anyone really figure out what he was saying last night? 

Former Obama campaign manager and liberal political commentator Van Jones on last nights performance, "there was nothing I saw tonight that would be able to take Donald Trump out!"

If impeachments keeps your mind off of the Dem's current best and brightest, then enjoy.  I'm going sit back and watch the primaries.  Ido have to wonder though how long it will be until Warren and Bernie start publicly requesting a short trial, since it is going to keep them off of the campaign.  Perhaps Bloomberg will start making inroads with those two stuck in DC. 

Wouldn't that be great, the party of billionaire haters winds up with two viable billionaire candidates.  Oh the irony. 

Last, but not least, let's not forgot we now have a #DemsSoWhite controversy.  Those whom start radical revolutions evidentially become victims of it. 
« Last Edit: January 16, 2020, 06:18:47 pm by JoeKitchen »
"Photography is one percent inspiration and ninety-nine percent

texshooter

« Reply #3106 on: January 16, 2020, 06:54:26 pm »

What Biden is accused of doing--zero legitimate evidence.

First comes probable cause, then comes an investigation, then comes legitimate evidence (or exoneration).  The first step is the trickiest because one man's smoking gun is another man's conspiracy theory.

JoeKitchen

« Reply #3107 on: January 16, 2020, 07:05:25 pm »

Something that has been stuck in my mind all day about this impeachment is, how do you sign your name one letter at a time changing pens after each? 

I mean, I write in cursive; I was not given the option to print in school.  It was write or get slapped in the hand.  So I just cant imagine breaking my rhythm and writing each letter with a different pen.  Not to mention my signature would become pretty much completely foreign at this point. 

The whole thing just seems so awkward, and obviously so to anyone watching. 

texshooter

« Reply #3108 on: January 16, 2020, 07:25:46 pm »

The whole thing just seems so awkward, and obviously so to anyone watching.

Speaking of awkward, the Taps bugler apparently slept in.

Slobodan Blagojevic

• My website
« Reply #3109 on: January 16, 2020, 10:11:16 pm »

https://babylonbee.com/news/somber-impeachment-ceremony-concludes-with-the-impeachment-dancers

“Somber Impeachment Ceremony Concludes With The Impeachment Dancers“

texshooter

« Reply #3110 on: January 17, 2020, 02:30:55 am »

And you get a pen...
And you get a pen ...  And YOU get a pen ...
And you get a pen ... And you get a pen ... .And YOU get a pen.

« Last Edit: January 17, 2020, 02:37:30 pm by texshooter »

LesPalenik

• advantica blog
« Reply #3111 on: January 17, 2020, 05:22:25 am »

Lie first, fess up later. Iranians denying initially shooting down the plane, Americans denying initially casualties from Iranian missiles. Whom can you trust?

Jan 8 CNN report
President Donald Trump, facing the gravest test of his presidency, signaled a de-escalation of tensions with Iran Wednesday in the wake of Iran's retaliatory attacks against Iraqi bases housing US troops.
In a tweet, Donald Trump said:" All is well! Missiles launched from Iran at two military bases located in Iraq. Assessment of casualties & damages taking place now. So far, so good!

"Iran appears to be standing down, which is a good thing for all parties concerned and a very good thing for the world," Trump said, striking a somber tone during his White House statement. An early warning system worked well and no American or Iraqi lives were lost, Trump said.

Jan 17 CNN report
Several US service members were injured during last week's Iranian missile attack on Al-Asad airbase in Iraq despite the Pentagon initially saying that no casualties had taken place. "While no U.S. service members were killed in the Jan. 8 Iranian attack on Al Asad Air base, several were treated for concussion symptoms from the blast and are still being assessed," the US-led military coalition fighting ISIS in Iraq and Syria said in a statement Thursday.

A US military official told CNN that 11 service members had been injured in the attack, which was launched in retaliation for the US airstrikes that had killed Iranian Gen. Qasem Soleimani the previous week. Defense One was first to report on the injured service members. Following the attack the Pentagon said that no casualties had resulted from the 16 missiles fired by Iran. The US military defines a casualty as either an injury or fatality involving personnel.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/01/16/politics/service-members-injured-iran-strike/index.html
« Last Edit: January 17, 2020, 05:45:53 am by LesPalenik »

Craig Lamson

• Craig Lamson Photo Homepage
« Reply #3112 on: January 17, 2020, 09:46:27 am »

Lie first, fess up later. Iranians denying initially shooting down the plane, Americans denying initially casualties from Iranian missiles. Whom can you trust?

Jan 8 CNN report
Jan 17 CNN report
https://www.cnn.com/2020/01/16/politics/service-members-injured-iran-strike/index.html

Uh, dude...the symptoms of the concussions showed up later.
Craig Lamson Photo

LesPalenik

• advantica blog
« Reply #3113 on: January 17, 2020, 10:08:06 am »

Yeah, that's what they said. What will be the next statement?

JoeKitchen

« Reply #3114 on: January 17, 2020, 10:21:43 am »

Les, that's kind of par for the course for concussions. 

Some symptoms show up immediately, some take days.  FYI, my source for info on this is the Mayo Clinic. 

LesPalenik

• advantica blog
« Reply #3115 on: January 17, 2020, 10:31:19 am »

The injuries must be quite serious. 8 of the soldiers were flown to a military hospital in Germany.

Craig Lamson

• Craig Lamson Photo Homepage
« Reply #3116 on: January 17, 2020, 11:16:41 am »

The injuries must be quite serious. 8 of the soldiers were flown to a military hospital in Germany.

These days, unlike years past,  the Military now take TBI seriously.
Craig Lamson Photo

kers

• Pieter Kers
« Reply #3117 on: January 17, 2020, 11:21:21 am »

after the bombardment - they all did not realize directly they had a concussion...   ???
Pieter Kers
www.beeld.nu/la

Slobodan Blagojevic

• My website
« Reply #3119 on: January 17, 2020, 02:18:25 pm »

Oh, please!!!

Concussion, schmoncussion. Nobody died, nobody is left without a limb. CNN was delighted to report that first (or at least I saw it there first). They must have been deeply disappointed, however, that the report didn't have any dead or seriously injured. They were sooo looking forward to have something negative to report about Trump. Concussion is something that happens when your drunken head hits the table. Or you play (American) football.
Pages: 1 ... 154 155 [156] 157 158 ... 196   Go Up