Pages: 1 ... 156 157 [158] 159 160 ... 196   Go Down

Author Topic: Impeaching Donald Trump  (Read 136435 times)

JoeKitchen

Re: Impeaching Donald Trump
« Reply #3140 on: January 18, 2020, 01:31:16 pm »

And let me point out that there is essentially no "anti-Trump media."

OMG  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Man, talk about drinking the Cool Aid!  What are you smoking right now?   

Give you an example, I was listening to Dave Rubin (man, it must really piss off the left that the very liberal Rubin jumped ship) talk about how he was at a Trump event recently and Trump pretty much was making a joke about wind mills.  It was a long joke about how we spend so much money on wind mills and keeping them active but we get so little energy from them.  He pretty said he knows more about wind mills then anyone else because he is the only one talking about how much money they loose compared to other forms of energy. 

Essentially everyone on the left plays up the fantasy of wind mills but they never talk about the total cost compared to other forms of energy, which makes them foolish.

Then, afterwards, Rubin saw the highlights and the media purposely edited the clips to make it seem like Trump seriously thinks he knows so much more then anyone else, and that it was not in fact a joke he was making.  That is a great example of the media being purposely anti-Trump.   
« Last Edit: January 18, 2020, 01:41:27 pm by JoeKitchen »
"Photography is one percent inspiration and ninety-nine percent

James Clark

« Reply #3141 on: January 18, 2020, 01:49:39 pm »

I kind of meant it is jest directed at some people here. 

But anyway, how about the entire mainstream news media just saying non-stop for the first day or say that this was the start of WWIII, and then completely dropping the subject like Slobo stated.  They did not even bother to report about how the day after the funeral young Iranians were chanting death to the Ayatollah and refused to walk over the USA and Israel flag.

?

NBC
A week after millions of Iranians flooded the streets following the death of one of the country's top generals, Qassem Soleimani, a contrasting symbolic image played out in Tehran on Sunday.

Crowds of people outside Beheshti University refused to trample over giant U.S. and Israeli flags that had been painted on the ground, according to video filmed at the scene that has been verified by NBC News.

CNN
...there are different types of anger amid the demonstrators. Some are simply angry the government did this while others are calling for the overthrow of the Islamic Republic.

CNN
In Iran, demonstrators are calling for Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei to step down and for those responsible for downing the plane to be prosecuted.
"Khamenei have shame. Leave the country," chanted protesters in the capital, Tehran, in footage posted on social media.

CNN
As crowds gathered in the capital Tehran for a candlelight vigil on Saturday to commemorate victims, protesters called for Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei to step down and for those responsible for downing the plane to be prosecuted. Familiar chants of "Death to America," were traded for "Death to the dictator" and "Death to the liar." In one video, demonstrators chanted, "Khamenei have shame. Leave the country."

MSNBC
Protestors gathered in Iran for the second straight day, chanting "down with the regime", after the government reversed course and admitting it shot down a passenger plane, killing all 176 people aboard. Cal Perry breaks down the situation, including Pres. Trump tweeting support for the protestors.

Vox
The Iranian government had tried to conceal that its military accidentally shot down the plane, killing all on board. When it finally admitted its culpability, protesters reacted with rage and fury.

It shattered the perception of national unity that seemed to exist last week, when thousands of Iranians turned out to mourn the death of Qassem Soleimani, the powerful general killed in a US targeted strike.

JoeKitchen

« Reply #3142 on: January 18, 2020, 01:52:41 pm »

?

NBC
CNN
CNN
CNN
MSNBC
Vox

Any of these front page stories or top of the website stories like the original Iran stories?  Or were they buried?  If the former, please post screen shots of them being at the top of the page. 

James Clark

« Reply #3143 on: January 18, 2020, 01:55:37 pm »

Any of these front page stories?

I'm not a regular watcher of MSNBC or a regular reader of NBC, so no idea (the MSNBC piece was a video, so not sure how to categorize that) but CNN did cover this quite extensively (there we probably 5+ more links I could have posted from them) so likely (At least) some were, and Vox is kind of like the Atlantic - no "front page" per se.

Jeremy Roussak

• Global Moderator
    • site
« Reply #3144 on: January 18, 2020, 01:59:24 pm »

It seems to me, as an impartial but curious and far-away observer, that the outcome is pretty much inevitable. I'm interested to see that at least one highly-regarded and influential news publication shares my view.

Jeremy

JoeKitchen

« Reply #3145 on: January 18, 2020, 02:00:00 pm »

I'm not a regular watcher of MSNBC or a regular reader of NBC, so no idea (the MSNBC piece was a video, so not sure how to categorize that) but CNN did cover this quite extensively (there we probably 5+ more links I could have posted from them) so likely (At least) some were, and Vox is kind of like the Atlantic - no "front page" per se.

I cant say that I saw the same level of coverage by CNN nor MSNBC as the imminent WWIII with Iran headlines. 

James Clark

« Reply #3146 on: January 18, 2020, 02:07:18 pm »

I cant say that I saw the same level of coverage by CNN nor MSNBC as the imminent WWIII with Iran headlines.

But that's not what you said, you said, "They did not even bother to report about how the day after the funeral young Iranians were chanting death to the Ayatollah and refused to walk over the USA and Israel flag."  Which is demonstrably, clearly, untrue.   

Personally, *I* can't say that domestic protests in Iran over a shot-down Ukranian airliner are as significant as heating up tensions with an unfriendly regional power by assassinating a major figure in that country, so, whatever.   

Then again, at this very instant as I write this, both Fox and CNN's headline stories are that Harry and Megan got the boot from the royal family.  (But Fox's headline story take up more of the page)

Peter McLennan

« Reply #3147 on: January 18, 2020, 03:00:24 pm »

Dont worry, I understand that nearly everyone on the left has lost their sense of humor,...

That's because it's been beaten out of us by anti-vaxxers, brexiteers, flat-earthers, climate change deniers, and the antics of the Trump administration/GOP.

JoeKitchen

« Reply #3148 on: January 18, 2020, 03:06:17 pm »

But that's not what you said, you said, "They did not even bother to report about how the day after the funeral young Iranians were chanting death to the Ayatollah and refused to walk over the USA and Israel flag."  Which is demonstrably, clearly, untrue.   

Personally, *I* can't say that domestic protests in Iran over a shot-down Ukranian airliner are as significant as heating up tensions with an unfriendly regional power by assassinating a major figure in that country, so, whatever.   

Then again, at this very instant as I write this, both Fox and CNN's headline stories are that Harry and Megan got the boot from the royal family.  (But Fox's headline story take up more of the page)

I'm thinking about headlines, not some by-line story buried somewhere few people see without searching for it.  It's nearly the same thing. 

JoeKitchen

« Reply #3149 on: January 18, 2020, 03:11:30 pm »

That's because it's been beaten out of us by anti-vaxxers, brexiteers, flat-earthers, climate change deniers, and the antics of the Trump administration/GOP.

Come on now, live a little. 

Get a MMR booster (I did last summer; FYI the MMR vaccine is now known to wear off after about 25 years) and perhaps your tetanus/diphtheria/pertussis shot, and just brush off those Anti-Vaxxers like their nobodies. 

Brexiteers? ???  Well Britain still has not sunk into the sea yet. 

And if Flat-Earthers really ruin your day, you have problems.  Like you need to see a therapist problems because apparently things bother you too damn much. 

Climate change deniers, okay I'll give you this one. 

Last, Trump antics, please.  Politics is a blood sport remember. 

Rob C

« Reply #3150 on: January 18, 2020, 03:59:04 pm »

It seems to me, as an impartial but curious and far-away observer, that the outcome is pretty much inevitable. I'm interested to see that at least one highly-regarded and influential news publication shares my view.

Jeremy

Jetemy, you are obviously, ahem, being too subtle.

:-)

kers

• Pieter Kers
« Reply #3151 on: January 18, 2020, 04:03:11 pm »

I'm thinking about headlines, not some by-line story buried somewhere few people see without searching for it.  It's nearly the same thing.
There is usually more to read than headlines... and tweets...
Pieter Kers
www.beeld.nu/la

James Clark

« Reply #3152 on: January 18, 2020, 04:31:42 pm »

Dude.. Just admit you made a wrong assumption and move on.

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #3153 on: January 19, 2020, 07:17:55 am »

Sure MSNBC and CNN will mention some "good" things Trump does.  But it's 1 time to 30 times they otherwise stay on the bad news.  Well, they have to keep their anti-Trump watchers happy who make up 95% of their audience.  Ratings, of course.  Plus they cherry pick parts of his statements that make him look bad.  Same with the anti-Trump NY TImes and Washington Post that buries good stuff on pg 37 while the negative stuff is always right there on page 1 above the fold in big headlines.  Fake news,

Unfortunately, the world reads their bylines in their own newspapers.  So the constraint anti-Trump drivel is propaganda that unfortunately does affect people's opinions.  The American media has been on the left for decades.  It's only worse now than ever. 

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #3154 on: January 19, 2020, 07:31:57 am »

https://www.investors.com/politics/editorials/media-trump-hatred-coverage/
I didn't get the reading that both sides cooled down.
First, we heard Trump threatening Iran with military attacks on their cultural sites (if that meant anything for the religious fanatics and it was totally unnecessary, irresponsible and inflammatory statement), then Iran trying their best to inflict serious damage to US bases, which was first minimized by Trump, followed a week later by admission of material and physical injuries, subsequent praise of those missiles attacks by Khameni, promising additional retaliatory actions, and Trump's tweets in Farsi encouraging the protesters in Teheran. It may indeed take a psychiatrist to figure it all out.
Bluster on both sides. Better than escalating into all-out war.  First Trump gets attacked for being war-like.  Then he gets attacked for avoiding war by not counter-attacking.  It's all politics.  Fake news. 

JoeKitchen

« Reply #3155 on: January 19, 2020, 07:39:01 am »

Dude.. Just admit you made a wrong assumption and move on.

Okay, you got me.  I should have said did not report it as much. 

kers

• Pieter Kers
« Reply #3156 on: January 19, 2020, 07:43:41 am »

... It's all politics.  Fake news.
Unfortunately - it is all real, not fake...
Trump is a reality;  He is the Blake Carrington (*power 2) of The White House.
Pieter Kers
www.beeld.nu/la

RSL

• http://www.russ-lewis.com
« Reply #3157 on: January 19, 2020, 08:04:16 am »

There’s a great entry on Facebook this morning.  It’s a realtor’s ad and it says:

“On November 2020 are you leaving the country if Trump is elected President? Give me a call and let’s get your home sold!!!”

That pretty much sums up the situation. If you’re leaving the country WHEN Trump’s reelected, better get your home listed as early as possible.
Russ Lewis  www.russ-lewis.com.

LesPalenik

• advantica blog
« Reply #3158 on: January 19, 2020, 09:27:10 am »

It's interesting that quite a few of the former Trump associates and fans turned later against him.
For example, Anthony Scaramucci, Michael Cohen, Lev Parnas and others. These are people who knew Trump quite well, up close and personal.

JoeKitchen

« Reply #3159 on: January 19, 2020, 10:27:50 am »

It's interesting that quite a few of the former Trump associates and fans turned later against him.
For example, Anthony Scaramucci, Michael Cohen, Lev Parnas and others. These are people who knew Trump quite well, up close and personal.

What?  ???

;D ;D ;D

Let me get this straight, you actually take seriously a man under federal indictment, out on bail, for lying and falsifying documents, and who's ground breaking documents sent to the dems are handwritten notes on hotel stationary?  Even after everyone in Ukraine said this guy cant be trusted or taken seriously?  This is your new savior? 

And the Mooch, who only lasted two weeks, was ridiculed by the media the entire time, finally fired for being a wacko (like seriously he was one of the craziest personalities we have seen in politics ever), but now he is what you are holding onto. 

LOL, you guys really are getting desperate. 

I guess if my idols were saying that it was inevitably that we would be loosing, I would too.   :-\

“They will mark this day ... as the day Donald Trump was reelected because once again the Democrats, the liberals, the left couldn’t get it together,” Micheal Moore predicted last week.  (Just in case you forgot, Moore called the election in 2016.) 

Another, “I didn’t see anybody ... that really said ‘I’m taking charge, I can be president,’” Sharpton.

Another, “There was nothing I saw tonight that would be able to take Donald Trump out,” Van Jones.

On top of that, you have AOC and her squad supporting radical progressives in moderate districts, pretty much telling all of America that if you are not a far left wing Marxist, we don't want you in the party.  And yes, AOC is the voice of the party now whether you like it or not.  Pelosi capitulated that to her last year when she failed to get her caucus to condemn anti-semitism in the Democratic party, which has only increased since then btw. 
« Last Edit: January 19, 2020, 10:33:37 am by JoeKitchen »
Pages: 1 ... 156 157 [158] 159 160 ... 196   Go Up