Pages: 1 ... 149 150 [151] 152 153 ... 196   Go Down

Author Topic: Impeaching Donald Trump  (Read 136634 times)

faberryman

Re: Impeaching Donald Trump
« Reply #3000 on: January 10, 2020, 04:57:46 pm »

Pelosi blinks. Must be the botox.

Pelosi caves on articles of impeachment because she has no leverage
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/pelosi-caves-on-articles-of-impeachment-because-she-had-no-leverage
Typical right wing spin from the Washington Examiner.

LesPalenik

• advantica blog
« Reply #3001 on: January 10, 2020, 05:22:35 pm »

60+ of your countrymen, plus ten Swedes and others.  The crash video looked horrendous.  I can't imagine what thoughts the passengers must of had.  My niece Lisa was on Flt 77 on 9-11 that the terrorists crashed into the Pentagon.  I can't get that thought out of my head what terror she went through.

Alan, you should know me better by now. At one time you commented that my posts were sarcastic. Although the ME situation has changed, I did not, and I did not justify that "accident" in any way. It wasn't meant in that way, more like an anticipation how the Iranian government would describe it. Nothing would justify such a stupid and irresponsible action. None of the available yellow emoticons appended to my post would have been appropriate. I am very sorry about your niece and all people on board of that plane.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2020, 05:37:54 pm by LesPalenik »

JoeKitchen

« Reply #3002 on: January 10, 2020, 05:48:47 pm »

Typical right wing spin from the Washington Examiner.

I see nothing in the article that is inaccurate.  She really did not have any leverage and the longer she holds out, the worse it looks for the Dems.  End of story. 
"Photography is one percent inspiration and ninety-nine percent

faberryman

« Reply #3003 on: January 10, 2020, 05:51:55 pm »

I see nothing in the article that is inaccurate.
That's no surprise.

JoeKitchen

« Reply #3004 on: January 10, 2020, 07:03:16 pm »

That's no surprise.

And yet you cant point out anything that is inaccurate.  Thanks. 
"Photography is one percent inspiration and ninety-nine percent

James Clark

« Reply #3005 on: January 10, 2020, 07:12:45 pm »

And yet you cant point out anything that is inaccurate.  Thanks.

It's not that it's inaccurate, it's that it's full of cherry-picked stats and loud conclusions.  It's the kind of thing that's headlined, "Expert Author DECIMATES Nancy Pelosi" on social media, and then turns out to be an opinion piece with "evidence" picked to support a preconceived conclusion.

Peter McLennan

« Reply #3006 on: January 10, 2020, 07:25:59 pm »

Here's irony.  So an American Navy ship accidentally shoots down Iranian commercial jet years ago during tensions between the two countries thinking it was an Iranian fighter that was going to attack.  So now Iran shoots down a Ukrainian jet, everyone says by mistake.  But what if the truth is that they thought it was an American bomber, that it just wasn't a misfiring or whatever? WHy else would they fire?  Why isn't anyone talking about this?

Utterly incomprehensible, sorry.

Craig Lamson

• Craig Lamson Photo Homepage
« Reply #3007 on: January 10, 2020, 08:02:14 pm »

It's not that it's inaccurate, it's that it's full of cherry-picked stats and loud conclusions.  It's the kind of thing that's headlined, "Expert Author DECIMATES Nancy Pelosi" on social media, and then turns out to be an opinion piece with "evidence" picked to support a preconceived conclusion.

Well duh...it IS an opinion piece.  They call that out right at the top of the page.  It's how opinion gets written these days on both sides. Welcome the the world.
Craig Lamson Photo

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #3008 on: January 10, 2020, 09:07:30 pm »

Alan, you should know me better by now. At one time you commented that my posts were sarcastic. Although the ME situation has changed, I did not, and I did not justify that "accident" in any way. It wasn't meant in that way, more like an anticipation how the Iranian government would describe it. Nothing would justify such a stupid and irresponsible action. None of the available yellow emoticons appended to my post would have been appropriate. I am very sorry about your niece and all people on board of that plane.
Sorry Les.  I didn't mean it like you read it.  So that;'s my fault and on me.  I should have been clearer.  I did not read your post as being in any way dismissive or sarcastic.  My post was just commenting how no one that I read even mentioned that Iran shooters probably fired thinking it was an American jet just like the American Navy fired thinking the iranian commercial plane was an Iranian fighter attacking the ship.  It wasn't like the Iranian tripped and fell on the launch button.  Darkness of night; fog of war. 

Thanks for your comment on my niece and the other 9-11 victims.  Again sorry about your compatriots.

James Clark

« Reply #3009 on: January 10, 2020, 09:24:28 pm »

Well duh...it IS an opinion piece.  They call that out right at the top of the page.  It's how opinion gets written these days on both sides. Welcome the the world.

Right.  So don’t promote it as meaningful.

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #3010 on: January 10, 2020, 09:30:05 pm »

I don't usually pick opinion pieces.  But this one certainly created a lot of discussion.  :)  On the other hand, every article everyone links in their posts have been selected for their point of view and for maximum impact to support the poster's argument.  The holier than thou argument is kinda silly.  We all do it.  It's like picking witnesses at an impeachment trial.  I'll give you Bolton and Mulvaney if you give me the Bidens.  ;)

RSL

• http://www.russ-lewis.com
« Reply #3011 on: January 11, 2020, 12:21:33 pm »

This is a very typical right-wing "argument." If a group of experts says something that does not jibe with your pre-conceived notions, first try to discredit the group (the psychiatric association) and then try to discredit the messenger (me). Of course changing what you think is out of the question.

So, since you won't answer the question, Peter, we'll have to conclude that you're neither a psychiatrist nor an MD with psychiatric training, and that your "diagnosis" of Mr. Trump is pure bullshit based on Trump derangement syndrome.
Russ Lewis  www.russ-lewis.com.

Craig Lamson

• Craig Lamson Photo Homepage
« Reply #3012 on: January 11, 2020, 12:30:39 pm »

Right.  So don’t promote it as meaningful.

Did I?   In any case whats wrong with opinion?  Other than when Hard New is infused with it...
Craig Lamson Photo

faberryman

« Reply #3013 on: January 11, 2020, 12:40:38 pm »

So, since you won't answer the question, Peter, we'll have to conclude that you're neither a psychiatrist nor an MD with psychiatric training, and that your "diagnosis" of Mr. Trump is pure bullshit based on Trump derangement syndrome.
Is "Trump derangement syndrome" your medical diagnosis?

RSL

« Reply #3014 on: January 11, 2020, 12:43:02 pm »

No, Fab, my diagnosis is "pure bullshit." I'm no psychiatrist, but I'm an expert bullshit detector.

faberryman

« Reply #3015 on: January 11, 2020, 12:47:36 pm »

No, Fab, my diagnosis is "pure bullshit." I'm no psychiatrist, but I'm an expert bullshit detector.
So then why do you say your diagnosis is "based on Trump derangement syndrome"?

RSL

« Reply #3016 on: January 11, 2020, 02:51:16 pm »

So then why do you say your diagnosis is "based on Trump derangement syndrome"?

Since Peter evidently isn't a psychiatrist, yet has made a Trump diagnosis, his finding has to be based on Trump derangement syndrome. What he's doing is the very definition of the syndrome.

DP

« Reply #3017 on: January 11, 2020, 03:04:09 pm »

I was just showing that we had a good relation with Iran

here you go again - not with Iran (country) but with a puppet regime (Shah) installed in coup organized by US & UK

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #3018 on: January 11, 2020, 03:53:33 pm »

here you go again - not with Iran (country) but with a puppet regime (Shah) installed in coup organized by US & UK
You don;t tell us what country you;re from.  So we don't know what relation your country has with the tyrannical mullahs there today who kill their own people.  It seems that all of Europe doesn;t seem to care about that as they are doing business as usual with the tyrannical mullah regime there.  I'll assume your country does the same.  How do you justify your country's relationship with these killers?   Also, you should post where you're from before continuing with posts useless you;re from Iran and want to hide your identity.  Don;t be a "holier than thou" bigshot.

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #3019 on: January 11, 2020, 03:54:58 pm »

Forget what happened 40 years ago.  Today, we at least have broken off regular relations with these killers.  What has your country done to protest their dictatorial  policies?
Pages: 1 ... 149 150 [151] 152 153 ... 196   Go Up