Pages: 1 ... 150 151 [152] 153 154 ... 196   Go Down

Author Topic: Impeaching Donald Trump  (Read 136654 times)

PeterAit

• Peter Aitken Photographs
Re: Impeaching Donald Trump
« Reply #3020 on: January 11, 2020, 04:15:53 pm »

For your consideration.

JoeKitchen

« Reply #3021 on: January 11, 2020, 05:14:46 pm »

Yes, very appropriate after we killed a couple of terrorists and re-established deterrents, not to mention showing other countries we are no longer a paper tiger. 

I mean, yes, Trump did show how wrong the Obama policy of either we have an all out war with or we pay off Iran, so I do understand how the left is acting right now.  I mean, if I was lead to believe something for 10 years and in an instance it came to light it was all wrong, I would have a hard time as well. 

By the way, you still have not told us what you think about the APA and whether or not you disagree with their Goldwater Rule. 
"Photography is one percent inspiration and ninety-nine percent

PeterAit

• Peter Aitken Photographs
« Reply #3022 on: January 11, 2020, 05:49:40 pm »

Yes, very appropriate after we killed a couple of terrorists and re-established deterrents, not to mention showing other countries we are no longer a paper tiger. 

I mean, yes, Trump did show how wrong the Obama policy of either we have an all out war with or we pay off Iran, so I do understand how the left is acting right now.  I mean, if I was lead to believe something for 10 years and in an instance it came to light it was all wrong, I would have a hard time as well. 

By the way, you still have not told us what you think about the APA and whether or not you disagree with their Goldwater Rule.

I was trying to compose a response, but it soon became clear that your post was 90% nonsensical and I could in no way compose anything in response. And if I managed to, you would either not understand it or ignore it. So, adios.

rabanito

« Reply #3023 on: January 11, 2020, 05:51:54 pm »

For your consideration.

Good one.
Should we laugh or cry?

:-\

JoeKitchen

« Reply #3024 on: January 12, 2020, 09:44:52 am »

I was trying to compose a response, but it soon became clear that your post was 90% nonsensical and I could in no way compose anything in response. And if I managed to, you would either not understand it or ignore it. So, adios.

So you do not believe in the Goldwater Rule and therefore disagree with the experts?  Contrary to what those experts at the APA say, we should be giving conclusions on mental status without examination? 

It always amazes me when people whom constantly tell us Republicans that we should listen to the experts choose to ignore experts when it suits them.  I mean both sides do it, or at least both sides have loud mouths that insist on doing. 
« Last Edit: January 12, 2020, 09:52:28 am by JoeKitchen »

JoeKitchen

« Reply #3025 on: January 12, 2020, 09:50:46 am »

If Iran turns out coming back to the table to renegociate the nuclear deal with better terms for the West, it will be interesting to see what the experts have to say. 

More then likely they will just ignore it though and move onto the next issue, just like with anti-climatic result of moving our embassy to Jerusalem or the fact that the economy did not crash when Trump went after China or the fact that average people did in fact benefit from the tax cuts or when the stock market did not disintegrate after the election, etc. 

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #3026 on: January 12, 2020, 10:36:43 am »

If Iran turns out coming back to the table to renegociate the nuclear deal with better terms for the West, it will be interesting to see what the experts have to say. 

More then likely they will just ignore it though and move onto the next issue, just like with anti-climatic result of moving our embassy to Jerusalem or the fact that the economy did not crash when Trump went after China or the fact that average people did in fact benefit from the tax cuts or when the stock market did not disintegrate after the election, etc. 
Well, of course.  It's fake news, politically biased, phony, spin, etc. 

I think Trump has proved something even I was fooled on for a long time.  Many of the ingrained beliefs of the world are wrong.  We carry around these prejudices about what will happen, like the disaster to happen when the embassy was moved, so we freeze up  and do nothing and allow things to get worse.  Sort of like when Obama drew the red line and then didn't act.  I'm not saying we should go off half cocked.  But Trump has proved, so far, that stirring things up in different ways, even breaking them,  gets all sorts of good things to happen for America.  We're talking to Kim, China agreed to sign the first part of a new trade agreement due to tariffs as has Canada and Mexico, NATO countries are paying more, Iran is being marginalized, etc. 

LesPalenik

• advantica blog
« Reply #3027 on: January 12, 2020, 10:54:49 am »

This morning a provincial alert was sent out about a problem at the Pickering Nuclear Power station in Ontario.
Fortunately, it was fake news, and an hour later, there was another announcement about an error in sending out the alert and that everything is OK. Is it? 

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/pickering-nuclear-generating-station-1.5424115

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #3028 on: January 12, 2020, 11:01:16 am »

This morning a provincial alert was sent out about a problem at the Pickering Nuclear Power station in Ontario.
Fortunately, it was fake news, and an hour later, there was another announcement about an error in sending out the alert and that everything is OK. Is it? 

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/pickering-nuclear-generating-station-1.5424115
Which way is the wind blowing.  I'm southeast of there.

Frans Waterlander

« Reply #3029 on: January 12, 2020, 12:55:13 pm »

Judging by this thread's title, Trump must be at fault. Oh, wait, maybe fake news? Now I'm really confused.

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
« Reply #3030 on: January 12, 2020, 01:59:49 pm »

"Trump tweet in Farsi 'the most liked Persian tweet' in history of Twitter"

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/trump-tweet-in-farsi-the-most-liked-persian-tweet-in-history-of-twitter

To the brave and suffering Iranian people: I have stood with you since the beginning of my presidency and my government will continue to stand with you. We are following your protests closely. Your courage is inspiring,” Trump wrote.

rabanito

« Reply #3031 on: January 12, 2020, 04:30:57 pm »

"Trump tweet in Farsi 'the most liked Persian tweet' in history of Twitter"

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/trump-tweet-in-farsi-the-most-liked-persian-tweet-in-history-of-twitter

Just "yesterday" Mr. Trump was abandoning his former Kurdish allies in Syria, I am told.
I believe that muslims will think it twice before taking Mr.Trump at his word...

Peter McLennan

« Reply #3032 on: January 12, 2020, 04:58:52 pm »

I believe that muslims will think it twice before taking Mr.Trump at his word...

Substitute "anyone" for "muslims" and you'll be closer to the mark.

Oh, wait.  He has "all the best words", remember?

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #3033 on: January 12, 2020, 05:04:30 pm »

Just "yesterday" Mr. Trump was abandoning his former Kurdish allies in Syria, I am told.
America never promised the Kurds we would fight Turkey to help get them their own homeland.  We joined forces to defeat ISIS who was a threat to both America and the Kurds.  That's it.  Stop making things up.

Regarding  the Iranian people, where does it say Trump is supporting them against the Iranian government beyond moral support?  Stop making things up.  Our problem with Iran is nukes. The people there will have to overthrow the government if they want change just like the Kurds will have to make their own way regarding their homeland. 

Trump isn;t in the business of making the world safe for Democracy.   That's been one of non-American's legitimate complaints about America.  That we get involved in other people's businesses when we shouldn't.  Yet those very complainers who are now the ones clamoring for regime change and for Trump being "mean". It's all politics. 

rabanito

« Reply #3034 on: January 12, 2020, 05:42:30 pm »

America never promised the Kurds we would fight Turkey to help get them their own homeland.  We joined forces to defeat ISIS who was a threat to both America and the Kurds.  That's it.  Stop making things up.

Alan. I just wrote something in this senseless argument on Mr. Trump because IMO it went too far.
Usually I don't intervene.
There is no doubt in my mind that Mr. Trump is not trustworthy and I doubt that very many people disagree on that.
Again just my humble opinion.

You can fool all the people some of the time, and some of the people all the time, but you cannot fool all the people all the time.
Abraham Lincoln

As simple as that

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #3035 on: January 12, 2020, 06:35:05 pm »

Alan. I just wrote something in this senseless argument on Mr. Trump because IMO it went too far.
Usually I don't intervene.
There is no doubt in my mind that Mr. Trump is not trustworthy and I doubt that very many people disagree on that.
Again just my humble opinion.

You can fool all the people some of the time, and some of the people all the time, but you cannot fool all the people all the time.
Abraham Lincoln

As simple as that
Whoever told you Trump promised the Kurds a homeland lied to you or deceived you.  It has nothing to do with trust.  If Europe wants to give the Kurds a homeland, ask them to fight the Turks, who is also a NATO ally.  After all, it were the Europeans who screwed the Kurds in WWI and they have been trying to get a real homeland since then.  It's not suddenly America's responsibility to nation build.  We're out of that business.  Haven't you heard?  After all, you guys who are bravely willing to sacrifice America boys and girls and not your own to fight for your schemes were the ones complaining all the time that America should stop nation building and getting involved in the business of other people.  So now you're transferring your hatred of Trump into making America responsibility for shedding more blood of others and ourselves.  That's very noble of you. 

LesPalenik

• advantica blog
« Reply #3036 on: January 12, 2020, 07:13:10 pm »

As far as Kurds are concerned, it's pretty clear what they want. However, when it comes to Trump, his actions and statements can be sometimes baffling and erratic.

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #3037 on: January 12, 2020, 08:04:50 pm »

As far as Kurds are concerned, it's pretty clear what they want. However, when it comes to Trump, his actions and statements can be sometimes baffling and erratic.
He does shoot from the hip.  I'm more contemplative, often too much.  He acts, very decisive, and figures he'll clear up any issues afterwards.  Might seem dangerous being a president.  But it keeps adversaries questioning what he'll do. Makes them nervous.  He plays good cop, bad cop.  He'll impose sanctions and then tell the leader what a great person he is and how he wants to help him and his country. Nothing seems personal despite his demands for loyalty from his own people.  Everything seems transactional.   It seems to work for him.

rabanito

« Reply #3038 on: January 13, 2020, 04:20:22 am »

After all, you guys who are bravely willing to sacrifice America boys and girls and not your own to fight for your schemes were the ones complaining all the time that America should stop nation building and getting involved in the business of other people.  So now you're transferring your hatred of Trump into making America responsibility for shedding more blood of others and ourselves.  That's very noble of you.

Alan, Alan...
This is falling to a level at which no debate is possible. At least with me.
You don't know me at all.
Why are you talking of "you", "Hatred of Trump" etc?
"Willing to sacrifice America Boys and Girls?..." Pathetic, isn't it?

I'm stating that Mr. Trump is not trustworthy. An opinion shared by many, whether you like it or not.

Just that. It's very clear. I don't understand then your tirade.
No anti-Trump conspiracy here. Just my opinion that Trump's support of anything might be only blahblah.

But I'm not sending you my coordinates, just in case...
« Last Edit: January 13, 2020, 04:46:18 am by rabanito »

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
« Reply #3039 on: January 13, 2020, 04:54:55 am »

So far, Trump is doing what he said he will be doing during the campaign. That’s trustworthy.
Pages: 1 ... 150 151 [152] 153 154 ... 196   Go Up